Upcoming Patch Schedule

But, Where was the Patch Note

Man, that was an awful lot of text just to say, "Sorry, it slipped our minds."

The Conquest Change

After reading this explanation, I still do not see what constructive purpose there was to nerfing "Advancement : Reputation."

In what way does this improve the game-playing experience?

As far as I can see, the only thing this nerf does is increase the amount of grinding that we need to do to reach Conquest Point goals. In order to make up for the lost Conquest Points, we have to kill more of the same mobs we've killed thousands of times before and complete the same Heroics that we've done about as many times.

This reminds me of a lot of battles I've had in the game where the enemy had no chance of defeating my characters, but the fights still took a long time to complete. The opponents' attacks could not overcome my characters' armor and healing. They never made a dent in my characters' health. But the enemies had so much armor and health that it took a really long time to whittle them down.

But that didn't make the fights more challenging. It only made them more tedious. And it's the same with this. The only result of this nerf is that the game will become more time-consuming and boring.

although it may have been needed to pull it into balance

If the only result of the change is that the game will now be less fun to play, then it obviously DIDN'T "need" to be done.

we are actively discussing what adjustments we can make

Here's my feedback :

The only "adjustment" I am interested in seeing is "Advancement : Reputation" being restored to its original value. Nothing less than that will stop me from cancelling my subscriptions.

If the developers add more Objectives that actually do compensate for the loss of "Advancement : Reputation," then I might reconsider ... The ones they've added so far, though, do not even scratch the surface of adequacy.

• Like 22

2 hours ago, EricMusco said:

Ok so before I peel back the curtain a little I want to get something out of the way, we didn’t try to hide any of this, it was just missed (I’ll tell you how in a minute). We know that a nerf like this is never fun and you having to discover it on your own adds so much more friction to the situation. But to be clear, any change that is player facing should be communicated to you, whether that is through patch notes, social media, forums, or some combination of all of the above. A change that affects you that is missed is never intentional. 

-eric

As a code dev myself, I can't agree more that any client-facing change should be clearly communicated in advance and, when something slips through the cracks, there needs to be open and honest communication about what happened, the impact the change has, and what will be done moving forward. That said, why is there no mention in this thread, this post, and the Known Issues thread about players having titles and achievements being taken from them? There are multiple threads in both the Bug Reports and Suggestion Box sections of the forums, each with hundreds of views, and plenty of people have been sending in tickets to Customer Support (with no helpful or informative response), so this has to be a known issue by now. During this time, there have been multiple updates from the devs in this thread, but no mention of the achievements/titles bug. I don't know if there's an internal policy of not publicly discussing game changes that come as the result of bugs or exploits, but it certainly feels like the devs don't bother to thoroughly test their code, don't want to address the negative impacts of their fixes, don't care enough to communicate with the players, and have to be pressured by consistent public outrage to say anything. The raiding community already puts up with a near nonexistent content release cycle, so the least we could expect is reasonable customer support.

Screenshot_2024-03-14_18_02_55_725588.jpg

• Like 4

I posted it on the chain that was in bug reports, but I'll repost here. The taskmaster (whether the complete 10 or the rarer 35 and then 25 for the eternal) or the heroic weekly should be active every week if you want to keep your rep nerf. Obviously the lower value taskmaster that is only good through level 70 would be extended to all levels. And restore the fp cq to infinitely repeatable. Even tie it to group finder to keep vet star fortress missions from counting since that seems to be the biggest reason why you made that change.

That's the repeat now new suggestions. Add in a conquest value for the planetary heroic weeklies even if it's the same level as CZ-198/Black Hole. In addition, while I understand why you changed most of the daily area weekly cq to a mission completion counter, it hurts players who have an asymmetric amount of time available. Someone might be able to devote a lot of time on a Tuesday, so they have one toon complete Iokath and CZ, but they'll bring a bunch of the others to one or two shy of weekly then with much less time later in the week, they can finish the weekly and harvest the cq points. It's somewhat akin to pre6.0 where you could time the galactic or planetary rampage levels, so that you could progress a toon through the story, but you could swap to another toon to harvest the cq pts so you could complete cq on them.

• Like 1

Eric Musco claiming that they didn't try and hide the reputation conquest nerf is about as believable as the NFL claiming they were unaware repeated hits to the head cause brain issues.

... Okay, I'm going to be honest.

When Eric Musco said, "we didn’t try to hide any of this," I was thinking :

"You know, that is exactly what I would expect somebody to say if they DID try to hide something."

• Like 4

Yay you fixed some things that many players can't even see because we can't even log in on our subbed accounts. We need to make brand new F2P accounts and start over. A lot of long times subscribers not being able to log into their accounts really does not seem to be getting any real attention besides "yeah, we know."

3 hours ago, EricMusco said:

Hey folks,

Where is the Rep Track?!

Simply put, the intended functionality of a Rep track does not pair well with the functionality of Galactic Seasons. For us, we want a rep track to be something that a player can engage with over a long period of time, to work through, earn rewards and titles, etc. Since a GS is only available for a limited time we didn’t want to push into a FOMO feeling or anything like that. We want Rep tracks to be tied to things like Daily Areas.

However, there was a similar expectation of those items being on the track, of those Achievements being earned during the season, etc. And so as a middle ground we replaced the rep items with the Blueprint Fragments which could serve a similar purpose. The problem here is that our messaging and overall user experience for these could use some work. We didn’t communicate this change clearly up front and more importantly, Blueprint Fragments themselves don’t do a great job of communicating what they or what their purpose is.

Going forward, it is our intention to stop doing rep tracks for Galactic Seasons and reserve them for content where it makes more sense (like Daily Areas).

Anyways, this is a long post and I have thrown quite a lot of information at you. Thank you all for the continued feedback and I will pass on any more information as I have it.

-eric

I for one, am glad that you finally got rid of the GS Reputation Tracks. They never made sense to me, personally.

However, I do have to ask, since part of the FOMO feeling of doing the Reputation tracks was missing out on the companion customizations and achievements attached to those reputation tracks, are there ANY plans to allow us to get those companion customizations, or even retroactively granting those of us who hit legend rank in the GS Reputation Tracks the attached achievements? I missed out on getting Fen Zeil's trenchcoat customization from GS2, and would REALLY like to get that (Missing that one is annoying me in collections, since I have the other Seasons at 100% in Collections, except for GS2!)

• Like 1

If they weren't trying to hide the changes, they could have talked about it during the February live stream or even in a dev post in the days or weeks before the change. 

They didn't do that though, so it's really hard for me to accept their defense as anything more than excuse to cover up for their true intent.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, EricMusco said:

Where is the Rep Track?!

Simply put, the intended functionality of a Rep track does not pair well with the functionality of Galactic Seasons. For us, we want a rep track to be something that a player can engage with over a long period of time, to work through, earn rewards and titles, etc. Since a GS is only available for a limited time we didn’t want to push into a FOMO feeling or anything like that. We want Rep tracks to be tied to things like Daily Areas.

By its very definition unless something that is limited time has an alternative means to acquire it later, it will have a FOMO aspect to it. The team has had years to figure this out and just now suddenly it's supposed to be a problem? I'm sorry but I don't buy it. For the rest of this I'm only going to quote the relevant parts.

This is surely the place we saw the most feedback here in the forums following the patch yesterday. First off, why did we even make this change? Well, this Objective is quite a bit outsized in just how many points you get relative to its effort. Not that we don’t want a range of Objectives, some of which can be completed very easily/quickly. But this Objective was a very large amount of points for what was required of you, and that’s why we ultimately nerfed it.

In connection to the first section is that although we lowered the points from this Conquest, our goal was to add in new objectives so that players who were jumping in for quick sessions and progression through Galactic Seasons, could then also be gaining Conquest points (the new Objectives focus on gaining GS levels).

Now, all of that being said, we definitely hear your feedback. We know that we hit this Objective pretty hard. And although it may have been needed to pull it into balance, we are actively discussing what adjustments we can make and I will let you know once I have those details.

If you really want a range of objectives as you claim then I challenge you and the team to prove it. The objectives for the last 3 weeks have been absolute hot bantha droppings unless you're someone who loves pvp and starfighter, which I will never do. The universe will die of heat death before you ever see me in a mode like that. If you want me to put in more effort conquesting give me objectives that I would like doing. Examples, the rampage objectives of killing x amount of foes, do x amount of heroics, or similar type objectives that gave payouts close to that same 40k. Right now all you're doing is stealing possible points from us and pretending you've done us a favor when you haven't. It's giving us less game, less points, and demanding the same amount of work/play. Yeah sorry that's not happening or how that works. It was already balanced as it was and didn't need to be fixed. If you wanted people to do more, then give us valid reasons to want to do more. 

You say you're hearing the feedback, alright prove it. Revert the nerf to the conquest objective and put it back at the 40k mark and give us additional objectives to do full time like the rampage, heroic and similar objectives. You sit here and say that it gave too much reward for not enough effort, yet you don't know what I did to get that reputation token I popped. If I do 10 flashpoints and come out with 10 reputation tokens it makes no difference whether I pop them immediately or use them later, I'm still at the same amount of rep and did the same amount of work to get there. Or does my doing those 10 flashpoints not matter now? If you want me to do additional work/grind then give me objectives I actually like to do and stop trying to pigeonhole me into pvp and starfighter. 

Ok so before I peel back the curtain a little I want to get something out of the way, we didn’t try to hide any of this, it was just missed (I’ll tell you how in a minute). We know that a nerf like this is never fun and you having to discover it on your own adds so much more friction to the situation. But to be clear, any change that is player facing should be communicated to you, whether that is through patch notes, social media, forums, or some combination of all of the above. A change that affects you that is missed is never intentional. 

I'm sorry but this one actually made me laugh. That is the biggest load of corporate double speak I've seen in a long time. I'm glad that you acknowledge that any change effecting players should be communicated, so I have to ask, why was one this massive not communicated before hand? Why were the patch notes not double and even triple checked before they went out since you knew you something this massive was coming? If you weren't trying to hide this and wanted feedback as you claim, you would've made sure this went to the PTS so people could preview it first and told you it sucks. And you absolutely would've made sure something that massive made it into the patch notes. This isn't an "oopsie" as an oopsie is forgetting to note a bug fix or something along those lines. This was trying to sneak a massive stealth nerf past the players hoping people wouldn't notice it and you got caught with your hand in the proverbial cookie jar. And this doesn't even get us into removing random drops and the other stuff you guys "just missed" in the patch notes. 

This doesn't just "add friction" to the situation, it's a straight up insult to our intelligence as players and makes alot of people rightfully angry. To paraphrase the proverbial saying, don't try to dump a bucket water on me and tell me it's raining. Again this was trying to sneak something massive past people and it backfired. Stop trying to convince us you're right and just own the mistake and admit you got it wrong because you did. Trying to convince us you're right is just another slap in the face to players and extremely condescending. 

As is I have/had a system where in my spare time I could crank out 25 toons a week or roughly 2.5m conquest points across 2 of my guilds. That 40k a day really helped spur some of the toons along and let me conquest my toons out which I typically enjoyed doing. However if you're going to just "miss" things that effect my ability to play how I want and spit in my face after having been here since beta, I have to ask, what's my motivation to stick around and recommend others start playing? My conquesting those toons out is a butt in the seat, an active subscription and potential cartel coins bought to get things for those toons they want/need, or occasionally getting something for a guildy. Likewise everyone who is conquesting alts is butts in seats playing your game, subbing and potentially buying additional stuff. Yet the team sees the need to spit in our faces and expects us to do more work for less reward and less game and thank you for it like you've done us a favor? Absolutely not. Again it's an insult to the intelligence of the playerbase. 

I've put out plenty of successful mods and maps for other games over the years. Many of my maps were EA recommended for weeks at the time in TimeSplitters Future Perfect. I currently also have mods for Space Engineers and some other games. One thing I learned early on is no matter how good I think I made a map or item, if people don't want to do what I'm trying to get them to do they're just not going to do it. I can't force them to go to a particular part of the map and I can't make them play how I want. They're just going to not play my content if it's something they don't want to do. Instead if I want them to go to point x on a map, I as the maker of that map have to give them a reason, such as a stronger weapon, extra health/armor, an objective they might want to do, or something. If I as the developer of that content answer the question of why they would go there, I can't expect them to answer that question either. 

Now apply that to conquest. If you want me to do extra grinding, alright what I'm I grinding for? What am I getting out of it? What extra objectives am I going to do? Because again the universe will die of heat death before I do pvp or starfighter. And if it ever came down to the game shutting its doors or doing starfighter/pvp then the game dies with me. So if you're serious about giving us extra objectives, give us the heroic objectives, rampage and others on the regular. Those already exist and can be added in the mean time. Then as time goes you can add others. When this company gets it right you all can put out a great product. But this latest patch is a spectacular drop of the ball while trying to pretend you haven't dropped the ball and trying to convince us you didn't. Like no, admit you dropped the ball, own the mistake, and then give us the extra objectives like you say you want to do. There is ZERO legitimate reason this needs to drag on for weeks when you already have solutions that can be used now, and new stuff added later. 

Edited by captainbladejk
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, EricMusco said:

Hey folks,

Coming off of 7.4.1, there were obviously some changes we made that received some feedback and I wanted to talk through them with you! I think we can put them in three buckets and in each there are some problems from our side that I want to address. Those buckets in order are:

• Removing Reputation tracks from GS / Blueprint Fragment confusion
  • Changes to Reputation Conquest Objectives
  • Missing patch notes

Took you a while to write a response. You still forgot to address login issues as well as people having titles and achievements stolen from them. BTW, I personally am not affected by either of these two things, but a lot of players are, and they deserve attention and respect. You also didn't mention when "appearance only" so-called gear replacing valuable items will be fixed. But you sure wrote a long essay.

Where is the Rep Track?!

However, there was a similar expectation of those items being on the track, of those Achievements being earned during the season, etc. And so as a middle ground we replaced the rep items with the Blueprint Fragments which could serve a similar purpose. The problem here is that our messaging and overall user experience for these could use some work. We didn’t communicate this change clearly up front and more importantly, Blueprint Fragments themselves don’t do a great job of communicating what they or what their purpose is.

Going forward, it is our intention to stop doing rep tracks for Galactic Seasons and reserve them for content where it makes more sense (like Daily Areas).

Excuses, "For us, we want", and more excuses. Have you bothered to ask what your customers wanted? No. Have you offered a valid alternative to reputation track? No. So, why should we care about what you want when you don't seem to care about what we, your paying customers, want? Your messaging was absent. Your user experience felt like you started with something else, had a last moment change of heart, and then re-made it into confusing nonsense what was pushed into production.

The Conquest Change

This is surely the place we saw the most feedback here in the forums following the patch yesterday. First off, why did we even make this change? Well, this Objective is quite a bit outsized in just how many points you get relative to its effort. Not that we don’t want a range of Objectives, some of which can be completed very easily/quickly. But this Objective was a very large amount of points for what was required of you, and that’s why we ultimately nerfed it.

In connection to the first section is that although we lowered the points from this Conquest, our goal was to add in new objectives so that players who were jumping in for quick sessions and progression through Galactic Seasons, could then also be gaining Conquest points (the new Objectives focus on gaining GS levels).

Now, all of that being said, we definitely hear your feedback. We know that we hit this Objective pretty hard. And although it may have been needed to pull it into balance, we are actively discussing what adjustments we can make and I will let you know once I have those details.

As many of us pointed out, this Objective, regardless of what you thought of it, allowed us to get a decent start and made the rest of the conquest objective feel less grindy. It allowed us to earn some of that reputation in advance, and use it at our convenience. It also allowed us to put MORE effort into the game, since if one got a decent start they may as well finish it through other means. However in the absence of decent start, many players won't start at all. Essentially, it provided US balance, since we were able to balance our time and effort it took to complete Conquest Objectives. And now, IT'S OUT OF BALANCE FOR US. I strongly suggest you read every comment on the subject personally - not just have someone summarize it for you. Maybe, just maybe, you'll gain a slightly better understanding of what your paying customers truly want - not what you want us to want. If you do that before half (or more) of us quits - then maybe you'll have a chance to mitigate the damage you caused. Or you can of course continue to dig in your heels, as your response strongly implies, and "hope for the best".

But, Where was the Patch Note

I know ya’ll appreciate some behind the scenes when we can and so this is a good opportunity, so here goes. Let me walk you through how our patch notes are built to illustrate how this was missed. And amusingly a little bit of how Musco of the past and Musco of the present combined for this one. Also usual reminder I am going to be doing a bit of oversimplifying here so don’t take all of this as 100% 1 to 1, but to be illustrative!

Ok so when we pull patch notes we do so mostly in two ways:

• Highlights - These are the big features we know and track across a whole lot of teams, usually have marketing blurbs written, blogs, etc. 
  • Bugs - The important one for this section, we pull our bug fixes internally based on a query that Musco, Community Manager of the past, helped write. This pulls from our internal tracking of all of the bug fixes we made for a particular release so that Jackie and the Live team can convert those into patch notes!

Now fast forward. As of late we’ve really been trying to squeeze in more stuff when we can and often this stuff is small. So not a whole big feature, but also not us fixing a bug. From a project management standpoint, those things are tasks. This is something Musco, Producer of the Present has been helping to drive internally. You can see this in things like Ancient Armaments or the new Legacy Perk. 

Well, when we are building our patch notes as I already described, we are typically looking at our highlight features and bugs (thanks Musco of the past) and in that query we now realize we were missing some tasks. In fact, both of my examples of tasks from above, Ancient Armaments and the new Legacy Perk, were missed on our first internal draft of the patch notes until we caught them on review.

You can probably see where this is going. The changes I’ve been talking about in this thread were all captured in tasks and so when we were writing the patch notes they were just missed and then weren’t caught on internal review. As you already can guess we are updating our process to make sure we are throwing a better net on catching those tasks in the future.

So, are you saying that your project management is a mess? Because that's what it sounds like you're saying. Whether you "tried to hide any of this", or not - you absolutely succeeded in hiding it. You never mentioned any of it even so briefly in ANY communication you had with us. And that in itself communicates that you knew the response would not be positive, so you avoided mentioning it to delay the inevitable. What you probably didn't expect is how much of a response you were going to get. And how much we, your paying customers, will hate what you are forcing on us.

Anyways, this is a long post and I have thrown quite a lot of information at you. Thank you all for the continued feedback and I will pass on any more information as I have it.

-eric

Yes, it's a long post, and unfortunately it added insult to an injury, since it all was just about you, your wants, and your excuses.

Unless you guys start listening, truly listening, and respecting your customers, I don't have high hopes for SWTOR future (and I've been with this game for 11+ years).

• Like 15

Hey folks,

The Conquest Change

Conquest has been stale as of late. And there's been considerable nerfs to alot of objectives. 

One thing that makes players go past 100k conquest is guilds that offer rewards themselves. I run two of those large guilds on starforge and we do something called Conquest Seasons for our members. It offers a slew of specific rewards for hitting points above 100k. It's a supplement to incentives players to play more and have fun doing it. But we want you to provide that as well. At least I do.

This is not a "plug" what I'm trying to get at is offer players incentives for getting more then 100k. Remember how we had the renoun system. I mean nothing is perfect right. However please concider something more for players that get 500k or 2million Conquest in a week. 

Conquest is one way to track activity In the game and is a very useful tool in finding out what activities are being played, how active people are, do they play a hour or 2 or 20 a week etc. 

If players had a incentive not to get the standard 100k then swap to a "alt" to get another 100k players would in stay on one character, play the game without stressing over alts and get the same rewards if they had 10 alts. 

Just a suggestion 

Thanks!

• Like 1

Here's an idea... PUT IT BACK THE WAY IT WAS.

Some of us have LIVES... like right now I am going through the worst time at work... my mother just lost her house to a fire.... so logging in for a couple of minutes to get my points has been a godsend.

Yes, I know where my priorities should be... but to be able to do my conquest while my life is a circus right now was one thing I was glad was working correct until things calmed down.

So PUT IT BACK.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, khamseen_air said:

Can you see how that doesn't look or feel particularly great to players?

Then while a lot of us are still peeved about you increasing personal CQ targets from 50k to 100k you decide to nerf one of the "over represented", aka "not a grind so we're going to use it because it makes my game experience more fun and less painful", objectives.

Again, can you see how that doesn't look or feel particularly great to players? 

As for the patch notes issue, we've all heard that speech before after pretty much every major patch with missing notes. Actions speak louder than words.

No... they can't.

And I forgot completely about the 50K to 100K crap they pulled on us.

34 minutes ago, LJ_Gibbs said:

Here's an idea... PUT IT BACK THE WAY IT WAS.

Mr. Musco, maybe instead of worrying about "balance" in a game that's barely seen any actual meaningful endgame content in a very long time, you should listen to the players who are telling you this was the wrong decision, ill-considered and horrendously delivered, and put things back to where they used to be.

• Like 5

On 3/14/2024 at 2:14 PM, PeterGun-SWE said:

EricMusco... so is this Broadswords message to the high level players, and faithful subscribers?

P.s. and you haven't even addressed the removal of 320 random items drop and level 11 lockboxes!!!

sorry.gif

Yes I agree, with your statement!  😢

They should have moved a few of those older sets into Planetary Social Vendor's at the Catina, or Planetary Specialty Good's Vendor's, or introduced Planetary Antiquities Vendor's for the vast majority of retired items (shown here): as those are Legacy Bound! 💗 

23 hours ago, Strathkin said:

I've probably thrown out 40 or 50 items in just the last 2 days, and now spending considerable time just throwing this all out!  

They really should have done this: 💙heart's get filled with love, and reenergized... 

• Planetary Social Vendor's: for a few Good Sets, Prototype Quality with mods similar to other Social Items. 
  • Planetary Specialty Good's Vendor's: for a few Great Sets, Legendary Quality with mods yet more expensive.
  • Or Introduce something new, a Planetary Antiquities Vendor's : for all others sets, without mod's that affordable...

Then we are given choice, and aren't waisting time mostly throwing these away.  You want to make it fun to play, not disenchanting!  🧐 

@CommunityTeam

UPDATE: Most are also unhappy, there's less gear your now able to Deconstruct for Tech Frag's, &/or Sell for Credit's too!

-- Now many rather see this change undone!

Now we just mostly get stuff we don't want or even need, and don't even get bread crumbs for hours of play time.  :(  

Edited by Strathkin
Grammar
  • Like 2

@EricMusco 

Thanks for posting.

Let me be upfront with my situation. I can login to play & I have free APAC characters transfers. So I have no horse in that race. And while everything you’ve said is important, there are more important issues you need to fix first.

I feel you’re number 1 communication priority should be making sure your PAYING customers can actually access the game & move those transfers over.

Because if your players can’t login & play the game & your APAC players can’t transfer because of some technicality that caused their subscription to lapse for more than an hour, you’re going to lose PAYING customers faster than from some missing patch notes that aren’t as important.

Firstly: Ive read through the bug thread to do with the login issues. It’s apparent the problem isn’t just a hardware one because you have people who can make new accounts & login with that exact hardware just fine. So it’s possibly corrupted account files client side, but could also be server side too. Because a clean reinstalling isn’t fixing it for those accounts. 

I’m going to suggest this has to do with a coding conflict with the new code added for the 15 million credit limit applied to transferring the APAC characters or with the 16 free transfers themselves (both account linked). Which could be conflicting with specific hardware driver settings. And this being linked to the accounts section of the code. So I’m guessing this might be both a client & server issue where the server side changes aren’t syncing with client side during the load process.

Secondly : You have a bunch of loyal APAC subscribers who have lost their free transfers because their subscription lapsed for more than an hour. We aren’t even talking about a day, we’re only talking about several hours in some cases. And others who had billing issues or used the 60 day starter pack & weren’t on reoccurring when it finished. 

You have a lot of disappointment PAYING customers who aren’t getting any help from your support people or any positive answers here on the forums by the swtor staff. They are basically being told, tough luck. Which as you can imagine is very upsetting & infuriating. Especially when many of these are long term PAYING players who’ve spent thousands of dollars with you. Can you please address this ASAP. The continued silence on this is causing more harm across the community.

If you’re PAYING customers can’t login or transfer their APAC characters, you have more to worry about than patch notes or conquest nerfs. Because those players literally can’t play the game, so patch notes & conquest nerfs are the least of the problems you should be worried about (not saying they aren’t important).

Please prioritise your communication better or you won’t have any PAYING customers left to pay the bills. Please address the login & APAC transfer issues personally with the player base. They are waiting to hear from you Eric & what you as producer are going to do for them to rectify the situation.

Might I be so bold as to suggest you personally revisit the APAC transfer thread where I’ve posted a solution to the Free transfer issue.

https://forums.swtor.com/topic/932015-shae-vizla-launch-updates/?do=findComment&comment=9804812

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

7 hours ago, EricMusco said:

Where is the Rep Track?!

So...what are you going to do about the rewards that were in there? What about the current Season's reward? Leaving this ambiguous is not the proper move, here.

58 minutes ago, Strathkin said:

Now we just mostly get stuff we don't want or even need, and don't even get bread crumbs for hours of play time.  :(  

I'm a Collection Stan, so because I gained knowledge that none of these were gonna be in Collections, I immediately decided that I was gonna throw them away. Why should I bother hunting down new cosmetics if I can't even spawn them at will for an alt or in the event of an outfitter flub?

• Like 3

I resubscribed just before Galactic Season 6 began. I absolutely wouldn't have, if I had had a complete and accurate Patch Notes for it.

Sixteen bucks down the drain, with nothing to show for it. The only upside is that I can voice my displeasure and tell Broadsword why I am quitting the game before I do.

The new Galactic Season was what drew me back to the game after a short break. But for a 200% to 300% increase in the amount of grinding required for it ... NO, THANK YOU.

I agree with the posters who want the Reputation objective back to the way it was. Since the probability of the developers doing that is just about nil, I will be cancelling my subscription now. It's not even worth waiting out the month.

• Like 1

Another problem is that you removed Galactic Season achievement that required reaching Legend in a season reputation track and added Blueprint Fragments achievement instead (1500 fragments) which is way too much to grind comparing to the previous achiev.

Old achiev could be done in ~10 weeks by doing 7 weeklies a week and the new achiev can be done only in 20 weeks by doing 7 weeklies a week, which is way too much. To get it inline with previous achiev, 1500 fragments should be reduced to 750 fragments.

Edited by Jedi_Max
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, EricMusco said:

we didn’t want to push into a FOMO feeling or anything like that.

Do you realize what you're saying? Galactic Seasons is already FOMO. Look at all the rewards they hand out that can never be earned again. Not every reward is sold by the Galactic Seasons vendors. GS aside, this game is littered with FOMO mechanics.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SithLikeTraps said:

So, first you removed the 5k CPs per heroic that was there during 6.x and made it once per planet instead

It's still in the game. It's there for any toon between level 1-49.

Eric, this has been one long and useless post. Where you put a lot of things in but no substance.

Let's get into sections,

The rep track, I personally don't care if there is one or not and do agree that it didn't make much sense due to the limited time but that does not excuse the lack of communication about it, that is why you post an article about GS and everything that it contains and not mentioning that it didn't had rep track was just an oversight, really?!! I don't buy it, now lets talk about achievements, as you know, at least I hope you do, there are several achievements on GS some were tied to the rep track which were replaced with collecting 1500 pieces of junk, numbers that are almost impossible to achieve, you really need to increase de drop rates otherwise I just won't bother. I already have a full time job don't need another.

Now into the conquest change,

I don't believe a single thing about this, you say we get to much for little effort, as far as I know you don't pick it from the floor you have to actively be doing something to get it and let's face it most of us already have most tracks done, the reason we do it so much is because we have a lot of alts something you encouraged but now decided we were doing to much of it and decided to take it away. First you doubled conquest because we were doing it to easily then started removing objectives one by one, or they don't exist at level 80, heroics, space missions and now this one. As for giving objectives that match it's points, I don't know who made that math but should be going back to school because they are not even on the same league not to mention the objectives are tied to GS itself unlike the rep objective and they are not compatible with a quick session like you said, you mention you hear our feedback but you are just going to increase it a bit, most likely for the value you always intended, and keep going forward like this is your game and ignore everyone else as usual.

The patch notes,

that was a long essay of excuses, none would believe that something that is impacting players and the way they play the game just slipped through the cracks, no, what happened was much more simple, a lot of players subbed to play GS6 and if they knew beforehand of the nerf to the rep objective and the changes to the GS progression they would have waited to see such changes and many would not have subbed, which means less money to you, this reminds me of the 7.0 launch when you annouced a date people subbed and then changed it to a date where those that wanted to be subbed would have to do it again, this is just bad from a customer perspective. I don't know about the US but in my country we have a saying, "the customer is always right", basically means that you should do everything in your power to make them happy, of course you have a lot of different types of players and is hard to please them all but it is pretty clear that you have a huge chunk that hated this and that should tell you everything about it and what is the right move in this case, because we are the ones that pay but you found something that we liked and took it away do you believe I as a paying customer am going to give you my money when you do this?!

On the armaments point I see no other option other then putting them on collections and getting the 320 systech gear back and also the bags of currency, I'm not sure if they are gone or not but I didn't got one since the update.

Finally, for context, I'm from Europe, don't have free transfers and can login just fine but I think the APAC players and those that have the problems above not getting a mention in Eric's post just shows a lack of care for the playerbase.

• Like 3