Upcoming Patch Schedule

It seems Conquest has been a sore topic for such a long time. 😕 I know Conquest Is the main factor of determining which guild wins a planet title. However through 10 years of experience with this most large guilds burn players out having them farm Conquest to beat another guild. 

It would be nice to see a simpler system in place that doesn't burn people out, keeps guilds competitive but not overbearing on the players, and rewards players for playing on 1 toon instead of multiple multiple alt characters. 

Maybe the Conquest System should be revamped or just done away with completely 

1 hour ago, Traceguy said:

It's still in the game. It's there for any toon between level 1-49.

And before that it was for any toon at the top level, which was 75 at the time. Low levels have plenty of daily PVE things that the high levels don't: level up, 5 levels up, taskmaster, taxi... Reputation was for levels >50 and it sort of balanced it, but not anymore. Anyhow, the heroic nerf was just one of the examples of the trend of nerfing the PVE conquest and buffing the PVP.

3 minutes ago, meddani said:

glad to see nothing changed (haven't played for weeks now) :D

games ripe for another expansion 

You know that won´t happen, maybe a cartel coin snowman for summertime, thats it

29 minutes ago, Specialbrew said:

You know that won´t happen, maybe a cartel coin snowman for summertime, thats it

meh, kinda done with this game anyway. been playing rebirth and other stuff and actually forgot about swtor until today lol

The entire response is basically telling the player base "Sorry about your luck" "Deal with it." Though the Copero Stronghold is lovely, even the story part of it requires doing flashpoints. Yes, some can be soloed, but it's still pushing group content. The same as Conquest is pushing group content. I see they didn't nerf Starfighter or PVP. So, as usual, they are trying to herd players into those activities. 

Due to a disability I can no longer PVP or do Ops. Well, I could do PVP if I just stood there and got annihilated over and over again. Oh wait, I can't because I'd be kicked from the group. Starfighter makes me nauseous. So, here we are. 

I've gone from playing several hours a week to make guild conquest on my friend and my small guild. Now I'm logging in just long enough to get the Seasons points. If you wanted me to play less, all you had to do was ask.

My sincerest sympathies for those who can't log in at all. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, codydmaan said:

It seems Conquest has been a sore topic for such a long time. 😕 I know Conquest Is the main factor of determining which guild wins a planet title. However through 10 years of experience with this most large guilds burn players out having them farm Conquest to beat another guild. 

It would be nice to see a simpler system in place that doesn't burn people out, keeps guilds competitive but not overbearing on the players, and rewards players for playing on 1 toon instead of multiple multiple alt characters. 

Maybe the Conquest System should be revamped or just done away with completely 

Ding ding ding - we have a winner.

The design of conquest over the years is part of why there are so many players playing alts and chasing gimme points.

Originally, conquest had lots of activities that awarded points across all content, objectives were generally repeatable, and rewards were almost all tied to guild ships and strongholds.

It still had issues with larger guilds monopolizing certain planets, prohibitively expensive expansion costs for ships in smaller guilds, and a rewards structure that promoted alts, but it didn't need too many tweaks to morph that into something better than what we have today.

But instead they started removing objectives, limiting objectives (so many are now once per day per legacy), nerfing points for completing certain objectives, and increasing the amount of points require to complete the weekly, while at the same time, adding things like SRMs, reward boxes with end-game set gear and tactical items, and end-game currencies to the weekly per character reward, while never addressing the issues around thing like large guild monopolizing planets or allowing small guilds to progress their ship / guild levels at a reasonable rate.

So it is no wonder players are angry at the recent nerf; the developers have spent the last years pushing more and more rewards into conquest while making it more time consuming to complete while still keeping it set up such that it is more optimal to cap a few characters each week over gaining a million points on one character.

Edited by DawnAskham
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, MishaCantu said:

Oh wait, I can't because I'd be kicked from the group.

Players can't kick others from PVP groups. That mechanic would be abused. There is a countdown timer named something like "desertion". The game it will kick you if you stand in the respawn/safezone for some minutes. As long as you step foot into the battlefield, you'll be fine.

Edited by Traceguy

It is funny it is just now that you decided to change the conquest reputation when it has been here for a while now.  The most likely reason is that people were not doing the content you wanted us to but guess what, you still can't get me to do content I don't like, but of course, you will bury your heads about that.   

• Like 7

3 hours ago, casirabit said:

It is funny it is just now that you decided to change the conquest reputation when it has been here for a while now.  The most likely reason is that people were not doing the content you wanted us to but guess what, you still can't get me to do content I don't like, but of course, you will bury your heads about that.   

Same song and dance from when they ignored people saying not to do the ability pruning and went so far as to delete critical comments saying not to do it so they could have the illusion of support. Every ability they complained about had been there since the game released or added in 2.0. If they thought it was an issue they could've addressed it in 3.0 and not given us the additional ability they did in 4.0. And they had multiple chances to address so called "bloat" before hand. But as usual they drug their feet and it bit them in the aft shuttle bay and they've been too proud to admit they're wrong.

Funny how that pattern repeats with them doubling down on the nerfs like they did with pruning. It's almost like they didn't learn the lesson of Star Wars Galaxies before them choosing to change everything players like, then double down and dev-splain to players about they don't really want what they say they do. So they as the team need to decide for them since we're apparently too dumb to decide for ourselves what we like. 

With this post they may as well have had the fortitude to come on here and say "we changed it, **** you gonna do about it" since they essentially already did, just in corporate speak. 

• Like 2

@EricMusco

While Events / Activites for Reputations should repeat; which Seasons do not as stated.  Still if your going to nerf Reputation CQ quite largely, it's been that way for a long time, then offer something in it's place! 

Here's at least one example to give a positive sign, or find something else without a II objective, and offer something in it's place:  :eek:

NOTE: (showing a 150% Stronghold Bonus) as one example... 

• Companion: Influencer (requires 1 level) to earn 18,090 CQ.
  • Companion: Influencer II (requires 2 additional levels) to earn 27,125 CQ.

First challenge you've taken out all Gear being sold for Credit's!  Still an even a larger problem is the wipeout of 324 Gear that drop's while on all planets; from Strong, Elite, or Champion NPC we used to receive!  We could typically see 4 to 8 of the 324 drops every 30 minutes, possibly more if mostly hunting Elite &/or Champions!  That hurts more than anything, while Blue Print Fragments are a small makeup for Credit's lost, they don't offer anything for all the missing Tech Frag's, Jawa Junk, or Conquest Commendations; and your reward is spend 3x longer to throw it away, except in rare case you use it for outfitter. 

-- Planets aren't offering 324 Drops... from Strong, Elite, or Champion Enemy no longer!

Second challenge is new Seasons aren't adding Companions any longer!  

People liked these Galactic Season Companions more, cause you could still use them to earn currencies while the season on, and also while it's over. 

-- To earn B.P.F. without GS objectives, you often have to desummon companions to earn more!

-- Drops don't offer Credit & Tech Frag's, & Gear takes 5x to longer to discard!

1. Move special discontinued gear sets to Planetary Social Vendor's at Catina, or to Specialty Good's Vendor's still with mods, maybe introduce Planetary Antiquities Vendor's for all other outfitter only sets at more affordable rates!  The first two would be an appropriate credit sink, without changing drops!
  2. Then offer Credit's &/or Tech Frag's for Blue Print Fragments, or revert to how gear dropped before 7.4.1 launched. 

Those are my thoughts!  :( 

Edited by Strathkin
Grammar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EnbyDisaster_ said:

I haven't had any problems with the 320 random gear not dropping?

It still drops on the highest level if you're lucky, but most of the drops now are from that useless gear list which you can neither deconstruct nor sell to the vendor.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SithLikeTraps said:

It still drops on the highest level if you're lucky, but most of the drops now are from that useless gear list which you can neither deconstruct nor sell to the vendor.

So there is an actual disparity in the amount dropping. More of this new useless stuff & less of the gear we actually need. 

All of this useless stuff could have been put on vendors to buy & they could have left useful drops alone. 

Poorly thought out implementation that also missed the opportunity to add a proper credit sink 😞

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 1

On 3/16/2024 at 12:24 AM, TrixxieTriss said:

So there is an actual disparity in the amount dropping. More of this new useless stuff & less of the gear we actually need. 

All of this useless stuff could have been put on vendors to buy & they could have left useful drops alone. 

I had also suggested they move good & better sets to Social Vendor's at Planetary Cantina's, or Specialty Good's Vendor's, or at the very least create a Planetary Antiquities Vendor for Outfitter only gear without mod's! 

On 3/16/2024 at 12:17 AM, SithLikeTraps said:

Yea prior to 7.4.1 dropping you'd earn 4 to 8 (max) pieces of 324 Gear; doing all 9 [Daily] Missions in Kessan's Landing, + at least 2 [Heroic] Missions.  It more often dropped from Strong NPC's, Elite or Champion Level increased the chance of them dropping.  This was in addition to what you got doing the Kessan's [Daily] & [Weekly] Missions. Yet 324 gear dropping was true on all planets from stronger NPC's.  And in other area's (depending on Level of Planet) if you didn't like Armor, at least you could Sell Armor for Credits if you didn't like it, or Save for Outfitter if you did.  

Then in 7.4.1 the Outfitter stuff dropped all the time, yet they stopped all 324 dropping from Stronger Enemy. 

-- Need to replace the 4 to 8 (324) drops we could deconstruct, every 30 minutes!

-- That was on every planet from Strong, Elite, & Champion enemies.

So since 7.4.1a now your extremely lucky, if all you get is but 1 Rating 8, Rating 12, or Rating 14 outfitter from Strong, Elite, or Champion Enemy even on Kessan's Landing; yet it's your hardest Daily Area doing all 9 [Daily] Missions.  Doing the 2 [Heroic2] I got 2 more Rating 8 & 1 Rating 14 to just throw away.  So now there's only the 1 Daily & Weekly Missions Missions; so now it's only 8 deconstructable Gear per week per planet.  That's a large reduction in 324 gear that drops for Frag's, Jawa Junk, or Conquest Commendations!  :( 

image.thumb.jpeg.417908cec26b41e3cef5a2f60888b284.jpeg

Very disappointed in that lost deconstruction, because for character's who have all their Tactical's it may seem alright at first...  Yet for those who don't, it's often 2 for both Single Target Combat's Style's, then 2 more for AoE Combat Style's, and that doesn't include if you have a Tank &/or Healer as well.  This also doesn't include all the Implants you may require.   So those people likely notice later when it takes longer to upgrade Implants as that continues to increase over time!

*sigh* 💙heart's grow sad!

Edited by Strathkin
Grammar & Image

2 hours ago, Strathkin said:

That's a large reduction in 324 gear that drops for Frag's, or Jawa Junk!

Well that answers whether I’ll be playing much anymore. Because neither my wife or I have really concentrated on gearing up at lvl 80. And we were just getting ready to do that once we transferred our characters to APAC. Now that they’ve nerfed the gearing progression again in 7.4.1a & made it harder to obtain tech frags & Jawa Junk, I’m done 😡

I’m not sure about my wife, but for me that’s the last straw with these guys. They ruined the gearing in the game in 7.0 which caused me to unsub for 12 months… then semi fix it & now they nerf it again 😡.

Well I’m not giving them one more cent unless they revert these drop rates back to what they were for actual usable stat gear, that we actually need to play the game. Them continuously taking stuff from players is gone beyond a pale. If they want our money then start accommodating what players want. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss

3 hours ago, Strathkin said:

Rating 8, Rating 12, or Rating 14 outfitter from Strong, Elite, or Champion Enemy

So what exactly is the point of the different "grades" of "cosmetic" gear? It's not like the Grade 14 stuff looks any better than the Grade 8 stuff. It's all renaming of the old planetary gear by slapping "Fitted" on to the front of the name.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2024 at 6:45 AM, TrixxieTriss said:

Well that answers whether I’ll be playing much anymore. Because neither my wife or I have really concentrated on gearing up at lvl 80. And we were just getting ready to do that once we transferred our characters to APAC. N

Don't give up they think, [Daily] & [Weekly] give you 8 per week, whereas before you'd earn 4 to 8 in about 30 minutes from fighting Strong, Elite, or Champions.  Still your right, this is very disappointing! 

:sy_empire: 

The issue is mostly the reduced Deconstruction (2nd paragraph) below.  Often you need 1 Tactical for each Discipline, and increases if you Single Target / AoE focused or both; not to mention if you have a Healing or Tank Spec too!   This also doesn't include various Legendary Implant's you need for your build...

On 3/16/2024 at 7:57 AM, DWho said:

So what exactly is the point of the different "grades" of "cosmetic" gear? It's not like the Grade 14 stuff looks any better than the Grade 8 stuff. It's all renaming of the old planetary gear by slapping "Fitted" on to the front of the name.

Don't know cause Outfitter doesn't recognize the quality, just the outfit it saves to your appearance.  And unless you find a real nice piece you like, 97% of it or you'll likely to spend far more time to discard it for nothing! 

:hope_08:

The bigger loss however is all the 324 Gear that you used to be able to deconstruct, growing in chance from Strong, Elite, or Champion Enemies on all Planets.  :(

This is only one 336 piece, and another 324: 

-- Once every 30 minutes on average, you'd get 2.5x this amount from Deconstruction.

image.png.5221d4c7c553ff8f9e9496d55bc0d43f.png

So now they are trying to drive people to fully complete Daily Area's completing each requirement just to earn 1 piece, or more exclusively focus on Flashpoints &/or Operations to earn at least 3 every run, plus any Daily or Weeklys there. 

*sigh*

Edited by Strathkin
Grammar & Image

decided to boot up the game after weeks...what's with the sh!tty cosmetic gear you 1) can't even sell and 2) deconstruct?

no way they replaced the 320 systech gear which gave you frags, scraps etc. with this junk? lmao

Edited by meddani
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Strathkin said:

So now they are trying to drive people to fully complete Daily Area's completing each requirement just to earn 1 piece, or more exclusively focus on Flashpoints &/or Operations to earn at least 3 every run, plus any Daily or Weeklys there. 

This is just too depressing. I’m going to spend my time & money on something else. 

• Like 2

On 3/14/2024 at 8:13 PM, EricMusco said:

Simply put, the intended functionality of a Rep track does not pair well with the functionality of Galactic Seasons. For us, we want a rep track to be something that a player can engage with over a long period of time, to work through, earn rewards and titles, etc. Since a GS is only available for a limited time we didn’t want to push into a FOMO feeling or anything like that. We want Rep tracks to be tied to things like Daily Areas.

However, there was a similar expectation of those items being on the track, of those Achievements being earned during the season, etc. And so as a middle ground we replaced the rep items with the Blueprint Fragments which could serve a similar purpose. The problem here is that our messaging and overall user experience for these could use some work. We didn’t communicate this change clearly up front and more importantly, Blueprint Fragments themselves don’t do a great job of communicating what they or what their purpose is.

So you did the same thing - because the same FOMO is present with those vendor trash items - only without reputation track, conquest points, titles and ability to track the objective easily that come with it.

Luckily the reward for 100% the season is very skippable.

On 3/14/2024 at 8:13 PM, EricMusco said:

This is surely the place we saw the most feedback here in the forums following the patch yesterday. First off, why did we even make this change? Well, this Objective is quite a bit outsized in just how many points you get relative to its effort. Not that we don’t want a range of Objectives, some of which can be completed very easily/quickly. But this Objective was a very large amount of points for what was required of you, and that’s why we ultimately nerfed it.

There is Galactic Season grind, PVP season grind and now you made conquest even more grindy, after awful 7.0 changes that doubled required points.

This is probably the worst "update" since 7.0.

• Like 8