Conquest pts for Advance Reputation nerfed

23 minutes ago, Estelindis said:

This gives me flashbacks to some of the dev comments when we were playtesting 6.0 crafting.  One of them commented that the intended way to get materials was via gathering, not running missions.  But why does what the devs intend matter more than what players enjoy doing?  Is there someone out there who thinks we should all be responding "Well, I like X, but since the devs intend me to do Y I guess I'll just have less fun"? 

Yeah, sadly they care more about metrics than they do about the thing that actually keeps players playing games... fun.
Remove enough fun and no one wants to play, so your login times go from 20 minutes daily to 0 minutes yearly. 

1 hour ago, TrixxieTriss said:

No, but if you find out, can you please post it for us before every conquest player decides to mass unsub from the game.

When @JoeStramaglia talked about adding in replacements to off set this, it was so much of an overstatement that it might as well just be a lie.

There is a daily for advancing 1 level of seasons. The problem is you can get more than 1 level per week, and this is only worth 70k per week, and is unmanageable to decide which toon gets the points.

There is a weekly worth 20k CQP to complete 4 weeklies. This combined with the above is 90k per week.

With rep being worth 8k, that makes it worth 56k per week.

Aside from how ridiculously convoluted this is to get all these points per day/week. That's a weekly total of 146,000CQP. The rep tokens were 315,000, and was a 1 and done thing that had to be done per day.

Finally, when seasons ends or you reach level 100, you won't have the chance to earn these conquest points anymore.

Edited by Traceguy

1 hour ago, bayernbeleafer said:

When I understand it right you get this daily 10k for Season Progress only when you climb 1 Rank in the Galactic Season Path. Is this right? What happens when you are doing all 7 Weeklys on the first day? When you are doing the daily which gives you 2 Points you need 4 Days to climb a Rank......

Yes, this is also much more of a PITA than it was. Consider that with this week's GS objectives, if, for example, I take my Inquisitor to Rishi and do some repeatable quests, I could conceivably finish three GS levels in one day: 

Serenity or Passion

Hold them Down

The Distant Outer Rim

So then, I've only gotten the 10K Conquest points ONCE (for gaining a GS level today), instead of thrice (for gaining GS levels once per day on each of three days), and I can't recoup those other 20K points at all for the rest of the week, because you only get credit for seven weekly objectives per week, and I'd have already done three in one day. Also, if you don't get one GS level per day, you again can't recoup the Conquest points you'd miss out on. 

It takes a lot more planning to really maximize points earning with this bizarre change. 

Edited by Ahndri

31 minutes ago, GeneralGyro said:

its actually better now bc u just need to do 1 heroic per planet for the 5ks

It was always one heroic on a planet to get the 5k...

9 minutes ago, Samcuu said:

It actually had nothing to do with heroics. It was 2 missions and most heroics have a bonus mission that counted for this. So it seemed like 1 mission.

10 minutes ago, Samcuu said:

Agreed. They might be confusing heroics with dailies. Usually it takes 2 dailies to get 5k, like doing 2 missions on CZ-198 or Ziost

1 minute ago, DWho said:

It actually had nothing to do with heroics. It was 2 missions and most heroics have a bonus mission that counted for this. So it seemed like 1 mission.

Nope. I can tell you regardless of bonus (which is it's own conquest objective) it was always 1 heroic.

3 minutes ago, Traceguy said:

Nope. I can tell you regardless of bonus (which is it's own conquest objective) it was always 1 heroic.

I can confirm. Rock and a Hard Place on Belsavis, as an example. I stealth to the node, sap the guy nearest, click the console and bam 5k. Same with any starter planet like Hutta (man with the steel voice) or ord mantell (can't recall the name). It's a conversation u don't have to kill anything or do a bonus and it's 5k. You get another 4500 for killing 25 enemies on most planets, and when u do a bonus mission it's 2.5k conquest extra.

21 minutes ago, Traceguy said:

Just did one today and it had no bonus and took a second mission

3 minutes ago, FreeMercy said:

The ones that just say the planet name +missions take 2 and the ones that say the planet name and then HEROIC mission only take one.

You mean Missions: Heroic, there isn't anything in the Conquest list called Planet: Heroic only Planet: Missions. The Missions: Heroic is also not an every weak CQ mission.

I wonder if they are trying to reduce the number of conquest points the max'd out conquest guilds are getting.

On Shae Vizla, my Pub side guild (Wookiee Rescue League) is in the top spot which NEVER happens this many hours after the server comes up on a Tuesday.

The "big" guilds, chose other planets, and they're only in the 5-10 million point range instead of having more points.

Have to pay attention to this during the week.

Edited by Darev

I mean Planet: Heroic. For example Voss: Heroic takes one heroic mission. Ziost: Missions Complete takes two missions (which do not have to be heroic). Both award the 5k ppl are talking about.

Edited by FreeMercy

Just now, JakRoanin said:

As long as I get 200,000 points, 2 PC's a day, I won't crab too much. But it was a shock. 

This week this was fairly easy.  I still did it on two different servers.  Many of my toons on SV are still climbing the levels, so that makes it easier to get more CQ points.  That won't last forever.

Well like I said, a shock, but I can't start screaming unless something makes it impossible for me to play physically. After all, this is the luxury of all luxury things right. You can't wear it, you can't drive it, and you certainly can't eat it. But I want more cargo slots NOW!

1 minute ago, FreeMercy said:

I mean Planet: Heroic.

There is no such mission. There is Voss: Mission Complete and this week there is Missions: Heroic. Both are worth 5K but heroic missions will not be worth anything special in some weeks due to the rotation. There is no Voss: Heroic CQ objective. You won't have Missions: Heroic every week.

7 minutes ago, DWho said:

There is no such mission. There is Voss: Mission Complete and this week there is Missions: Heroic. Both are worth 5K but heroic missions will not be worth anything special in some weeks due to the rotation. There is no Voss: Heroic CQ objective. You won't have Missions: Heroic every week.

Um, yes there is a Voss: Heroic Mission objective. And there are like 13 objectives that are a Planet Name: Heroic Mission worth 5k that take only one heroic and a similar number that are Planet Name: Mission Complete also worth 5k that require two missions. Yes some weeks there are other objects to do x number of heroics but there are always planet missions that are a single heroic or two missions of any type depending on the planet worth 5k. People were talking about whether it takes one or two missions and the answer is it depends on the planet.

SWtorCapture.PNG

VossCapture.PNG

Edited by FreeMercy
Additional pic
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, DWho said:

Just did one today and it had no bonus and took a second mission

Which planet and what mission? The ones where u have to do two are like daily areas, section x and cz. If you pick up the heroics from the fleet with the transports those are the ones u only have to do one. Unless of course this is another unannounced change to the way conquest works and it started today.

6 minutes ago, Samcuu said:

Which planet and what mission? The ones where u have to do two are like daily areas, section x and cz. If you pick up the heroics from the fleet with the transports those are the ones u only have to do one. Unless of course this is another unannounced change to the way conquest works and it started today.

The Jedi Journals one on Taris. I always skip the bonus and I didn't get the 5000 for Taris until I completed the bonus on the Rakghoul Release one (the next one I ran). It was on a level 80 character