Game Update 7.4b coming the week of January 22nd

JackieKo

• Dev Post

Hi everyone, 

Just letting you all know that we are going to be releasing Game Update 7.4b next week (exact date TBD). A full list of patch notes will be available either on Monday or Tuesday. There’s quite a bit in this patch but to give you a glimpse into some of the fixes that will be going into this update, the following will be included: 

• Saboteur players will now see the option to contact Jonas when dealing with the SIS on Ord Mantell.
  • The "Separatist Elimination Requisition Cache" now rewards Tech Fragments instead of Conquest Commendations as intended.
  • Loot will correctly appear after the 3rd boss of Objective Meridian.
  • FR/DE - Daily and Weekly PVP missions now appear in the mission terminals.
  • Fixed an issue where the drop rates of Galactic Seasons reputation currency were lower than intended in previous seasons.

There’s a lot more coming to this update, and we are working on finalizing everything, so stay tuned for all the details early next week!

Related to this patch, we did deploy a hotfix to temporarily disable Master Mode Timed and Master Mode Survival Operation Achievements. This hotfix impacts:

• Nature of Progress
  • Explosive Conflict
  • Scum and Villainy
  • Terror from Beyond
  • The Dread Fortress

Progress on these Achievements will be enabled again when 7.4b goes live next week. 

We’ll be using this thread to keep you all updated on 7.4b.  

Thanks all! 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

Related to this patch, we did deploy a hotfix to temporarily disable Master Mode Timed and Master Mode Survival Operation Achievements. This hotfix impacts:

• Nature of Progress
  • Explosive Conflict
  • Scum and Villainy
  • Terror from Beyond
  • The Dread Fortress

What about this? Any updates, has the recent update done anything? Theres nothing in the patchnotes.

Is there any way those of us saboteurs who were affected by the bug to be able to re-do the missions to make the proper choices to keep saboteur-ing? 

also they ALMOST had it right by letting us have hair AND a hat 😭 I don’t wanna be bald 

Edited by Leoperaghost
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Leoperaghost said:

also they ALMOST had it right by letting us have hair AND a hat 😭 I don’t wanna be bald 

I've been waiting for this for so long. I'll be utterly speechless if it ever happens 😅 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Leoperaghost said:

Such a let down! Releasing a hat which didn't remove hair was the best Christmas gift, and then they turned it into bait-and-switch. One good thing out of it is it debunked the myth that it's not possible to have hair and hat due to "technical reasons" - we just saw that it absolutely is possible even if imperfect. But I'd take imperfect over bold any day of the week since imperfect can be dealt with (and potentially fixed in the future) while bold makes almost every hat (and hood) in the game unwearable for me.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ArchingBeast said:

What about this? Any updates, has the recent update done anything? Theres nothing in the patchnotes.

Strange. You didn't include the part of the statement that said:

On 1/19/2024 at 11:18 AM, JackieKo said:

Progress on these Achievements will be enabled again when 7.4b goes live next week. 

So now that 7.4b is live the question is: are the achievements still disabled?  Have you verified they are not working so soon after servers came back online with 7.4b?

• Dev Post

Hello all,

The disabled Master Mode Timed and Master Mode Survival Operation Achievements have been reenabled. When entering these modes, if any player joins with an active operation phase while the current group does not have one, it will force the group's difficulty to match the active phase.
To set your desired mode, you will need to reset your active phase and change the difficulty back.

Thanks!

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 3

3 minutes ago, CommunityTeam said:

Hello all,

The disabled Master Mode Timed and Master Mode Survival Operation Achievements have been reenabled. When entering these modes, if any player joins with an active operation phase while the current group does not have one, it will force the group's difficulty to match the active phase.
To set your desired mode, you will need to reset your active phase and change the difficulty back.

Thanks!

How does one get dark spores now, is it killing enemies without a companion or how does it work now?

Anyone else having an issue with the patch installing very slow on steam?

It's been installing for over an hour, and it's only at 73% for me.

I assume this is an issue on the steam end... just hoping someone has a work around I don't know of.

Edited by Darklighter

1 hour ago, VegaMist said:

Such a let down! Releasing a hat which didn't remove hair was the best Christmas gift, and then they turned it into bait-and-switch. One good thing out of it is it debunked the myth that it's not possible to have hair and hat due to "technical reasons" - we just saw that it absolutely is possible even if imperfect. But I'd take imperfect over bold any day of the week since imperfect can be dealt with (and potentially fixed in the future) while bold makes almost every hat (and hood) in the game unwearable for me.

^ ^ exactly this. If they can do it "on accident" and be able to fix it surely they can reverse the process and do it "on purpose". Having that hat remove hair now is almost as disappointing as the fact that sets gloves (rings) make your characters hands disappear completely with certain robes... 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, frutepy said:

Have reset mission twice and saboteur questline on Kessen's landing is still not giving me the option to contact Jonas.

I also just tried Kessan's story on my imperial sith warrior saboteur, kept talking to the agents and never a saboteur option popped up unfortunately. My options were attack or let them walk away, no saboteur in any dialogue option popped up.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, CommunityTeam said:

Hello all,

Thanks!

Erm, does that mean we can't use lockouts anymore? Or switch toons mid-raid? 

The wording is pretty confusing here.

Hello all,

Thanks!

Hi!

Excuse me, but this is one of the worst solutions I've seen in the last few years, and there were a few. -__-

We were going for Sisters prog. My friend set the phase to NiM, I got the lead because of the lockout. I checked: it was set to NiM. We went in. I needed to quit the group for a few minutes; they say as soon as I left, leadership went back to my friend, and a message appeared to the group that the phase changed to Vet. (It didn't even wait for another person to join.)
As we were already half-way through the mobs, and there didn't seem to be any difference in them, we went to the boss. The mechanics seemed to be the same, but we couldn't shoot anything with the beam. After a bit of "What the heck?!", somebody noticed that the Nexus really turned to it's HM version. Yes, we came out and reset the phase. I think I'm not surprising anyone: we were not happy. At all.

So. Even if it will happen only when the Leader leaves: what if they disconnect or bug out? Do we need to restart the phase, possibly making a timed impossible?
What if we want to change characters? What if we'd like a pug run? Should we re-check and possibly reset the phase after every change of people?
Again: I'm sorry to say this, but this was clearly not thought through; you just went with the first "solution" that seemed quick without requiring any mentionable effort.

Anyway, how can a group that's already inside (more than one of them had locks, too) not have an "active phase"? Or, on that thought: wasn't mine on "NiM" when I rejoined...?

If someone wants to join, they can't even set their preferred difficulty before joining. Why is it not the group that's already in the phase that's preferred when setting the difficulty? Why a random newcomer?

I can't wait to check R-4 HM out again, where it's a standard tact for teams to Alt+F4 before Kanoth, because if not, you can't see the Vertical/Horizontal lines on you. :D

Edited by Sharion_Iliera
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Hello all,

Thanks!

This is terrible. Lockouts can't be used, you're screwed if the leader DCs. Who thought this was a good idea? I'd rather have the exploit than this.

What exactly did this update fix? From what I can see the stuff that was supposed to be are still bugged for a lot of people.

Edited by frutepy
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, Leoperaghost said:

Yeah what the hell Broadsword? Who complained about the hat? Life day is over, the vendor is gone, and the people who have bought the hat bought it with the knowledge that it comes with hair. And now you change it? That's not a fix, that's preposterous.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Sonicphoto said:

I also just tried Kessan's story on my imperial sith warrior saboteur, kept talking to the agents and never a saboteur option popped up unfortunately. My options were attack or let them walk away, no saboteur in any dialogue option popped up.

I can confirm that on an imperial saboteur bounty hunter I do not get any options to contact SIS.  I would really like to start everything all over again on my 4 saboteur characters.

Edited by phalczen
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/24/2024 at 12:57 PM, VegaMist said:

It really is disappointing for a game that celebrated hitting a $Bil in revenue back in 2019. Apparently, it takes a lot of extra time and development to create headgear that works with each hair style to prevent the hair from clipping through the headgear. As a general workaround, studios just click the "don't show hair" option to avoid any issues. In doing so, they create some even worse issues. Ugly ones! And, because it's an aesthetic issue, it has never been a priority, although many people refer to "Space Barbie" being endgame. With the outstanding number of cosmetics, especially those in the Cartel Market which serve the purpose of making money for the game, one would think that further development, worthy of a game in 2024, would continue to improve the game in this manner versus leaving it in maintenance mode. 

Bioware did this previously in Dragon Age Origins (2009), and again in Dragon Age Inquisition (2014), but Bethesda, Zenimax, and Blizzard have used this practice as well in the Fallout series, Elder Scrolls Online (2014), and WoW (2004). Are there newer mmo's doing this as well? Are there actually any new mmo's? lolll

On the other hand, Final Fantasy XIV does it correctly. Black Desert Online also does it correctly. Even Phantasy Star Online 2/New Genesis does it correctly. PSO2/NGS even allows you to adjust how the headgear sits on your head, its angle, size, position, rotation, but that's a little different and, of course, excessive. I'm curious why Square-Enix, Pearl Abyss, and Sega seem to appreciate their products and their customers more in this regard than the aforementioned companies. Perhaps higher quality products, greater standards, and superior integrity => higher levels of customer satisfaction and overall experience => customers more willing to spend money, customer retention, and new customers => larger revenues => more money for development AND developers. Seems cyclical. 

Of course, I still enjoy SWTOR and often find workarounds that I enjoy. With the limited character customization in the game, gear really plays a huge role. I really wish I could enjoy some of the outfits I've obtained over the years, and even new ones I find that could be awesome --because there are some really nice ones that someone spent a lot of time working on, but making your character bald to wear them is never acceptable and, at least to me, is essentially game breaking for every single outfit that does it. If I had to make a choice between wearing an outfit that does this and not playing SWTOR, I would not play. 

I suppose I could be talking about numerous other quality of life issues or actual bugs, but this is something that, to me, is LITERALLY WORSE THAN ANYTHING ELSE 😆 jk jk but seriously tho.  

Edited by fermioff
proofreading/corrections
  • Like 4