Snowballs

Sumugi

No we can't since there are achievements, parcels, and conquest points to be gained from it. It's always funny to me how people complain about other players playing the game as intended hence in this case throwing snowballs. Do you also come to PVP and complain about the opposite team fighting you? Or do you complain about NPCs (and god forbid bosses) attacking you while you're running missions? Because complaining about snowballs is in the same category of silly.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Life Day is just a few weeks out of 52. If it's that bad, you can just skip playing during those weeks, or stay in pvp instance.

The same mission terminals you have on fleet are in Odessen too, and while there are still players in Odessen pvp instance, it's still only a few people compared to fleet. Go with a stealther if you want to completely avoid those too.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, VegaMist said:

No we can't since there are achievements, parcels, and conquest points to be gained from it. It's always funny to me how people complain about other players playing the game as intended hence in this case throwing snowballs. Do you also come to PVP and complain about the opposite team fighting you? Or do you complain about NPCs (and god forbid bosses) attacking you while you're running missions? Because complaining about snowballs is in the same category of silly.

they have a rakghoul vaccine

why not a anti freeze vaccine

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GeneralGyro said:

they have a rakghoul vaccine

why not a anti freeze vaccine

People would throw at your companion, so the effect would follow you anyway, unless you stopped using companions completely for the duration of the event.

My character is never cold because Lana is with me, very close, to protect me from attacks, of course.😉

15 hours ago, Sukothai said:

This is one of the reasons why I avoid the fleets during the winter event.

Sadly, many people don’t realise the best place to use the snow balls is on the Nar Shaadar promenade. Using them else where is mostly pointless. But I do like using them in PvP if everything is on CD & I’m mezzed or slowed 🤣

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Sadly, many people don’t realise the best place to use the snow balls is on the Nar Shaadar promenade. Using them else where is mostly pointless. But I do like using them in PvP if everything is on CD & I’m mezzed or slowed 🤣

You get the parcels no matter where you use them. Hugging wookies is best on Nar Shaddaa since it has the most of them in close proximity. And cooling overheated droids is best on NS since again there is plenty of droids as well as players (most of the time) to do it with you. But to get parcels from snowballing - anything selectable goes, regardless where you are.

3 hours ago, VegaMist said:

You get the parcels no matter where you use them. Hugging wookies is best on Nar Shaddaa since it has the most of them in close proximity. And cooling overheated droids is best on NS since again there is plenty of droids as well as players (most of the time) to do it with you. But to get parcels from snowballing - anything selectable goes, regardless where you are.

I didn’t say the only place. I said the best place 😉

• Like 1

Snowballs and rakghoul week.  Fun times.

I second the 'give us a vaccine against snowballs' call.  Bright white glittery crap is distracting.

Yes, I know the NPCs throw snowballs and I never fault other players for doing what they're allowed (and even encouraged to).  Accepting things doens't make them any less annoying.

No, you cannot simply 'avoid fleet'.  There is no other place you can find the endgame vendors and Life Day goes on way too long to just wait it out.

8 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

People can also throw snowballs at red, yellow and green colored NPCs and still get the parcel. I've gotten 10 on one mission, throwing them at enemies, before I killed them!

Edited by Sukothai
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

throwing them at enemies, before I killed them

Did you know that you can actually throw Snowballs at enemies AFTER you kill them, too?

Apparently, any NPC that is still selectable, even if it's a corpse, you can throw a Snowball at and gain a Snow-Covered Parcel.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Life Day is the only event that I can think of that it's either "opt in" or you have an option to "opt out".   To address a few things that have popped up:

• PVP in this game is entirely voluntary: you have to actively change to a PVP open world area or otherwise que into pvp  content.
  • Life Day isn't the only event that you do achievements for ... interacting...  with other players.    Rakghoul has the infect other players achievement.
  • There's ways to opt out off everything else:  You have the White Acute module for double xp.   You have the vaccine for the Rakghoul event.     Even the Nar Shaadda Nightlife event can be ignored (by not using the tokens).

And as more than one person has pointed out....they'd simply prefer an option to not participate.

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Sumugi said:

Life Day is the only event that I can think of that it's either "opt in" or you have an option to "opt out".   To address a few things that have popped up:

• PVP in this game is entirely voluntary: you have to actively change to a PVP open world area or otherwise que into pvp  content.
  • Life Day isn't the only event that you do achievements for ... interacting...  with other players.    Rakghoul has the infect other players achievement.
  • There's ways to opt out off everything else:  You have the White Acute module for double xp.   You have the vaccine for the Rakghoul event.     Even the Nar Shaadda Nightlife event can be ignored (by not using the tokens).

And as more than one person has pointed out....they'd simply prefer an option to not participate.

Rakghoul virus literally stops your character from moving making travel and combat harder and eventually killing your character. A vaccine makes sense.

the snowballs and a few other toys put up a slight visual effect that has no direct effect on your characters movement, ability to fight, and does not kill your character. If the look of snow flakes is that upsetting you can click off the buff.

Edited by Darkestmonty
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I tend to throw the snowballs at the NPC in my missions, which makes it easier and faster, but I have had a few thrown at me, no big deal, I turn around and use my launcher and toss one back, and then if they get mad, I will shake my head and laugh and remind them they started it lol.

I know times are difficult right now but hopefully you can survive until the 9th

I think you kind of missed his point.

You said that people can click off the snowball buff if it bothers them. He was just pointing out that that doesn't work, because they'll just get hit with more snowballs.

Personally, I don't care about the snowballs at all, but I do understand why people might find it annoying. And since this is an entertainment activity, I don't think it's unreasonable for them to ask for something in the game that bothers them to be changed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MsViolet said:

I think you kind of missed his point.

You said that people can click off the snowball buff if it bothers them. He was just pointing out that that doesn't work, because they'll just get hit with more snowballs.

Personally, I don't care about the snowballs at all, but I do understand why people might find it annoying. And since this is an entertainment activity, I don't think it's unreasonable for them to ask for something in the game that bothers them to be changed.

the devs could spend resources and time coding a way that disables all character to character interaction from toys like the Music Therapy Droid and Snowball, or players can accept their characters will sometimes randomly dance or have snow sparkles.

I would love a lot of things, but dev time is very limited especially to fix something that is an "issue" 3-4 weeks out of a year.

• Like 1