PvP improvements (Broadsword survey)

SoyElSenado

Heres a request. Make it so that the /stuck command instantly kick you from an arena match. I think all Dedicated PvPers can agree, that this has become a frequent issue that makes Arenas unenjoyable.  When you have upset players who cannot get their way, ragequit by typing the command before a round starts, hindering the the team to fight in a 3v4 or sometimes 1v4 match. 

No thanks.  When I get stuck and can’t move in an arena or warzone because of 10 year old bugs that still haven’t been fixed, I would prefer to be able to /stuck and try again in round 2 or respawn without receiving a lockout.  

2 hours ago, LordDaemon said:

Heres a request. Make it so that the /stuck command instantly kick you from an arena match. I think all Dedicated PvPers can agree, that this has become a frequent issue that makes Arenas unenjoyable.  When you have upset players who cannot get their way, ragequit by typing the command before a round starts, hindering the the team to fight in a 3v4 or sometimes 1v4 match. 

I see what you're saying but they wouldn't really fight well anyway. When people don't believe they can win (even if they can), they won't actually try anymore.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RACATW said:

I see what you're saying but they wouldn't really fight well anyway. When people don't believe they can win (even if they can), they won't actually try anymore.

you ought to be able to /stuck both rounds. get it over with quicker. I think there's a 90s delay? unless you're just there to troll, the person who uses stuck is trapped. like...it would be nice if he could just leave and maybe you'd get a back fill who wants to fight with you or against whoever he sees no point in fighting. maybe you wouldn't. but it's not like the guy who uses /stuck was going to do anything to help you win in the first place...not that you would have in the first place...unless he's just trolling.

of course, if it really matters to you, you could just put a grp together and queue that way. /shrug

I don't care that much, tbh. besides, it's fun tweaking thaeus.

Edited by krackcommando

Here is my cents on why PVP is hot garbage. 

1. Sorcs/sages have wayy too much control, They have force speed on 10 sec cooldown and during force speed are immune to slows and roots. They have CC bubble the most annoying Passive in the game especially if you like playing a melee spec. Madness deals too much DMG and its off healing is almost on par with healer specs. 

2. Premades ruin any chance of good PVP, Most matches I 1v1 someone they go cry to their pocket healer and tank. 

3. Jug skank tanks are basically DPS but with tank defensives. 

4. They have not updated any of the maps to account for pruning. 

5. The Dev's played favorite with pruning and Sorcs and sins barely got hit. 

6. There is no incentive for the veteran PVP'ers to actually care about PVP, most of them just go do Team Deathmatch in the center of the map.

7. PVP Seasons is literally just a participation mode, you don't have to actually PVP to get points, just stealth out in a corner somewhere. 

8. Throwers and trolls everywhere, since as the last point stated PVP Seasons is a joke of a thing to try and "Replace Ranked" PVP. 

9. The Rewards you actually get for PVPing are dogwater. 

I honestly can keep going on but the point has been made. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

If the devs would care about quality balanced pvp matches instead of only caring about queue speed then the /stuck command would not be used as much as it is. When you are constantly matched against geared and/or premade opponents and you have 1-2 undergeared, low item rating teammates because this week arenas are a GS objective, /stuck is my favorite ability to use after Round 1 loss the end the match quick since there is no chance of getting more medals or actually winning a round.

• Like 2

On 11/21/2023 at 7:06 PM, Bar-Da-Voya said:

If the devs would care about quality balanced pvp matches instead of only caring about queue speed then the /stuck command would not be used as much as it is. When you are constantly matched against geared and/or premade opponents and you have 1-2 undergeared, low item rating teammates because this week arenas are a GS objective, /stuck is my favorite ability to use after Round 1 loss the end the match quick since there is no chance of getting more medals or actually winning a round.

Yeah I really don't get this insistence by the devs on having low queue times at the expense of enjoyable gameplay. I was playing WoW the last week or so, which (obviously) has a much higher pop than SWTOR. It is not uncommon to be in queue for 10-15 minutes or more, particularly for epic bgs and higher rating arenas. Most players understand and accept that so they get good gameplay. 

Swtor on the other hand is, make fastest queue times possible = get people in game sooner. But then players have a terrible experience because they queue into premades, which = people quit playing PvP. Then you're eventually back to square one with having long queue times because people are quitting and there isn't enough player pop. Then these remaining people will quit because of those queue times, and at that point there will be no "fix."  It couldn't be more self-defeating and short-sighted.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SoyElSenado said:

Yeah I really don't get this insistence by the devs on having low queue times at the expense of enjoyable gameplay.

you're never going to get majority "good" or "even" matches. you can get them. but the more random the queue population is, the less likely you are to find skill-balanced matches. this is particularly true with a bunch of randos (i.e., solo queued players). and splitting the casual or "reg" queue into solos only and mixed is a non-starter. there has literally never been a large enough population for that (despite what some here might say).

you're never going to get skill-balanced matches. but FML. you can at least role balance things. even with premades of all sorts, you can role match. if you cannot break up a premade and they have the only healer, then make them wait 5x longer (supposedly something like that does happen according to Samcru?), but you have to use them eventually if the alternative is no pops. the same is true for healers and tanks: they are not the same. eventually you can count them as the same, but don't just do a quick straw poll and then treat them the same. and never ever ever put more than one of each T/H on the same arena team or 2 of each on a WZ team no matter what is or isn't in the queue.

TL; DR: I think for a casual queue, pop times are the most important consideration, but a stronger enforcement of role balance is needed. The greater issue of faceroll matches is more about the type of player remaining in the game/queue, and that's a reflection of game-wide design decisions by Biosword. You're not gonna fix that with just PVP queue manipulation, imo.

edit: to be clear, trying to make grps baseed on skill/talent is a lost cause and should be a distant third next to role and gear. too many times I'm in a match of 8 pugs (arenas) and one team has both undergeared toons. usually at times where role matching wouldn't have hindered balancing gear either.

Edited by krackcommando
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, krackcommando said:

TL; DR: I think for a casual queue, pop times are the most important consideration, but a stronger enforcement of role balance is needed. The greater issue of faceroll matches is more about the type of player remaining in the game/queue, and that's a reflection of game-wide design decisions by Biosword. You're not gonna fix that with just PVP queue manipulation, imo.

edit: to be clear, trying to make grps baseed on skill/talent is a lost cause and should be a distant third next to role and gear. too many times I'm in a match of 8 pugs (arenas) and one team has both undergeared toons. usually at times where role matching wouldn't have hindered balancing gear either.

They would have better chance balancing matches (player skills, classes, gear) if they'd just split the groups and make the queue completely random. 

• Haha 1

On 11/8/2023 at 10:43 AM, JackieKo said:

Hi all, wanted to clarify that the survey is being randomly sent out to players who have had active accounts over an unspecified amount of time. And they are being sent throughout the week. Appreciate everyone who fills it out and offers constructive feedback!

Why have we been saying for 10 years that we would like pvp to be like this and this needs improvement and Bioware did the exact opposite?  Just one example, we don't want huttball all day there have been 100 posts on this yet still I log on after 10 years and get 10 huttballs in 3 hours? If your customer wants a red shirt and tells you 1000 times and you keep handing them a black shirt, what do you think will happen?

We said we didn't like Quesh and Vandin 10,000 times; is it gone? Instead of removing the warzones and admitting mistakes, they decided to make lockouts so we have to be stuck in warzones WE HATE. What reaction did you expect? This is why players don't play this anymore. We get locked into warzone we asked to be removed 1000 times. among the 50,000 changes of which Bioware did the opposite. It's NOT PRODUCITVE FOR ANYONE.

Why are there gear changes and rewards for pvp being worked on when there is a problem fundamentally with the warzones which has never been addressed after 10 years of "feedback"

Our feedback means nothing. Don't ask ppl for feedback if you indented to do nothing they ask. Be courteous thank you

Don't tell me it's because you want to hold on to people to keep the q going. Fix the real issues and stop putting a band aid on problem that requires a surgery. 

Edited by AocaVII
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AocaVII said:

Why have we been saying for 10 years that we would like pvp to be like this and this needs improvement and Bioware did the exact opposite?  Just one example, we don't want huttball all day there have been 100 posts on this yet still I log on after 10 years and get 10 huttballs in 3 hours? If your customer wants a red shirt and tells you 1000 times and you keep handing them a black shirt, what do you think will happen?

We said we didn't like Quesh and Vandin 10,000 times; is it gone? Instead of removing the warzones and admitting mistakes, they decided to make lockouts so we have to be stuck in warzones WE HATE. What reaction did you expect? This is why players don't play this anymore. We get locked into warzone we asked to be removed 1000 times. among the 50,000 changes of which Bioware did the opposite. It's NOT PRODUCITVE FOR ANYONE.

Why are there gear changes and rewards for pvp being worked on when there is a problem fundamentally with the warzones which has never been addressed after 10 years of "feedback"

Our feedback means nothing. Don't ask ppl for feedback if you indented to do nothing they ask. Be courteous thank you

Don't tell me it's because you want to hold on to people to keep the q going. Fix the real issues and stop putting a band aid on problem that requires a surgery. 

you should write a post all obnoxiously in bold and then copy and paste it into different threads. oh. right. 😒

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1