Gearing Feedback PTS Thread

JackieKo

Just now, Toraak said:

question for you. They said rakata gear was being planned to drop from other content. They didn't specify which content.

So if BW made rakata gear more available from a solo activity (cough MM chapters would be a great opportunity), even at 8 per chapter, + DC'ing that piece per run your up to 23. Isn't that what your asking for anyway? We don't have enough information yet to say they need an increase at all.

i suppose if they made it so there was a reliable way to farm beyond, absolutely. but even before you consider that-- i'm speaking purely from the perspective of the math, it still isn't fair. i'm encouraging that broadsword before dropping this patch, do something about it across the board. there are a few ways to go about that. whether dropping the amount it cost per item or increasing the catalyst gained from content. they haven't revealed anything yet beyond the op-1 catalyst and the various ways we can obtain them (conversion) which the rate for that also seems unkind.

5 minutes ago, SnakeSNMF said:

i suppose if they made it so there was a reliable way to farm beyond, absolutely. but even before you consider that-- i'm speaking purely from the perspective of the math, it still isn't fair. i'm encouraging that broadsword before dropping this patch, do something about it across the board. there are a few ways to go about that. whether dropping the amount it cost per item or increasing the catalyst gained from content. they haven't revealed anything yet beyond the op-1 catalyst and the various ways we can obtain them (conversion) which the rate for that also seems unkind.

You also have to understand another thing. They still want to encourage group content. If they make the rewards to high for solo play that will DISCOURAGE group play. Nothing wrong with having a way for solo players to gear up, but it should be far slower then that for those who are doing Group content. Which is what the rakata gear is meant to be.

So Broadsword needs to consider how much or how few rewards are needed taking into account the fact those willing to do group content (especially NiM) which is where rakata was originally meant to drop in gears up far faster then those who are doing it from a Solo playstyle.

Edit: Both groups can get to BiS, but Group oriented players should have a quicker path especially if they're doing HM/NiM operations.

Edited by Toraak

26 minutes ago, Toraak said:

You also have to understand another thing. They still want to encourage group content. If they make the rewards to high for solo play that will DISCOURAGE group play. Nothing wrong with having a way for solo players to gear up, but it should be far slower then that for those who are doing Group content. Which is what the rakata gear is meant to be.

So Broadsword needs to consider how much or how few rewards are needed taking into account the fact those willing to do group content (especially NiM) which is where rakata was originally meant to drop in gears up far faster then those who are doing it from a Solo playstyle.

Edit: Both groups can get to BiS, but Group oriented players should have a quicker path especially if they're doing HM/NiM operations.

yes. be that as it may. you shouldn't need to dedicate that much time running the same piece of content over and over again. there will always be better rewards for running veteran and master mode content and that will still take a far shorter amount of time. you are arguing against a wall of nothing. i am saying that stuff needs to be lower across the board. this is healthier for everyone. nor does it dissuade anyone from running group content, which is the majority of the reason why anyone would be invested in farming 344s in the first place. saying that you shouldn't need to run that chapters that much and that the reward should be slightly higher isn't going to change anything you're saying and if anything, will be healthier to the playerbase.

Edited by SnakeSNMF

• Dev Post

Hey Community!

During the 7.4 livestream we said we would be increasing access to Rakata gear but I only mentioned OP-1 Catalysts from Master Mode chapters. I’m back to talk about the second change we’ll be implementing for this initiative.

With 7.4, players will be able to obtain OP-1 Catalysts by exchanging Conquest Commendations and FP-1 Stabilizers. You will be able to make these currency conversions in the Supplies section of the Fleet, at the Conquest Gear Vendor and Flashpoint Gear Vendor.

Here are the conversion rates:

• 400 Conquest Commendations -> 100 FP-1 Stabilizers
  • 2000 Conquest Commendations -> 175 OP-1 Catalysts
  • 500 FP-1 Stabilizers -> 175 OP-1 Catalysts

I also wanted to thank everyone for the feedback and discussion around the OP-1 Catalysts from Master Chapters. Based on the feedback we will be adjusting the OP-1 Catalyst reward from Master Chapters slightly, to 10 OP-1 Catalysts per chapter (up from 8). As mentioned, we will also be looking into options to make the reward available to the entire group in a later update.

We’ll continue to monitor feedback surrounding gear, so please keep the discussion going. I’m off though, I need to pick up some oil for the Gravestone. It’s going to get a lot of use soon!

Edited by BryantWood
Correcting conversion of Conquest Commendations to OP-1 Catalysts
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, TrueJediLord said:

why dont they reduce the RPMs  and EOMs needed to make gold Augs by 2500 each instead of 4k

This isn't low enough.  They need to be about 100 each instead of 4000 each, i.e. a fortieth (1/40) of what they currently cost.  This is especially considering we will need about 39k tech fragments (2 x 3 x 6500) to upgrade two implants from 334 to 340 for the legacy-wide discount.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phalczen said:

This isn't low enough.  They need to be about 100 each instead of 4000 each, i.e. a fortieth (1/40) of what they currently cost.  This is especially considering we will need about 39k tech fragments (2 x 3 x 6500) to upgrade two implants from 334 to 340 for the legacy-wide discount.

Amen!

9 hours ago, BryantWood said:

Hey Community!

During the 7.4 livestream we said we would be increasing access to Rakata gear but I only mentioned OP-1 Catalysts from Master Mode chapters. I’m back to talk about the second change we’ll be implementing for this initiative.

With 7.4, players will be able to obtain OP-1 Catalysts by exchanging Conquest Commendations and FP-1 Stabilizers. You will be able to make these currency conversions in the Supplies section of the Fleet, at the Conquest Gear Vendor and Flashpoint Gear Vendor.

Here are the conversion rates:

• 400 Conquest Commendations -> 100 FP-1 Stabilizers
  • 2000 Conquest Commendations -> 175 OP-1 Catalysts
  • 500 FP-1 Stabilizers -> 175 OP-1 Catalysts

I also wanted to thank everyone for the feedback and discussion around the OP-1 Catalysts from Master Chapters. Based on the feedback we will be adjusting the OP-1 Catalyst reward from Master Chapters slightly, to 10 OP-1 Catalysts per chapter (up from 8). As mentioned, we will also be looking into options to make the reward available to the entire group in a later update.

We’ll continue to monitor feedback surrounding gear, so please keep the discussion going. I’m off though, I need to pick up some oil for the Gravestone. It’s going to get a lot of use soon!

Hi there. Deleted my last post to correct some misinformation and a mistake on my part. I got the amount of OP-1 Catalyst capped per week wrong. It being 2000 and for some reason I thought it was less. With that said, I do believe it could still use a raise from 2000 to whatever number the team or people responsible for this decide settling on. Do you think that we should be capped at three items per week buying them outright? It will cost about 600 to go from 324 to 344. If you have full 336s, of course-- You'll be able to replace them very fast with 344s. The only thing the cap punishes is the new players. With that said, the amount one might realistically farm OP-1 Catalyst per week is not going to be well over two thousand anyways. I'd still urge the cap to go past 2K a week for Op-1 Catalysts a week, anyway. I think ten per Chapter is good, too. It doesn't improve the rate all that much, but-- It will be enough to make the players who might opt to go that route less punished for doing so. I'd urge as well to add a way to convert PvP tokens to OP-1 Catalyst to cover the basis of, 'obtain Rakata gear through any way you play the game' as it is technically untrue at the moment.

On 11/11/2023 at 12:28 PM, Toraak said:

I wouldn't necessarily agree with your last paragraph. People were willing to spam Hammer Station for 12-24 hours a day when 6.0 hit. Farming the 1 or 2 easiest chapters on Master Mode on a Stealth character would definitely happen. I can already think of at least 2 chapters (Possibly 3) that would be farmed by the vast majority of players if each one Dropped 15 or more Op-1 mats.

Edit: No I won't say which chapters I'm thinking of. Those that have done the chapters on Master Mode would know the ones I'm thinking of.

Patch 7 has been out for YEARS now. Those of us that wanted the gear earlier did the necessary content in order to get our rakata gear. As a NIM level raider myself I am more than fine with people who play this game in the majority solo to gain OP-1s similar to how it is gained in group content. Doing a combination of group and solo content will still be the fastest way to gain OP-1s.

That aside let's address the elephant in the room here. STOP pretending like you didn't easy mode farm your rakata gear by cheesing NIM dashroode or doing NIM nefra in order to get your rakata gear prior to its availability on the vendors. You didn't earn it the proper way by going through the entire operation either. You just toon swapped and baited your rakata piece like everyone else.

So don't sit here on some kind of high horse gate keeping this content when you did the same content over, and over, and over, and over again until you had the gear you wanted to the level you wanted. You complain about hammer station spam to get gear but did nefra and dashroode spam to get rakata.

So sick of the gear gate keepers in this game dude. They're not handing out NIM achievements with this update. You still need to know your class to do harder content.

Edited by Brittaany_Banks
  • Thanks 2

Will Hyde & Zeek be able to turn the highest piece of Rakata Gear (what is it, 344?) into mods? As in, you have to farm the OPs until you can get one gear piece maxed and can then turn that into mods? Last time I did that with purple gear, all I got from them was enhancements, though that was quite a while ago...

image.png.5871fbfb5267046b242a22ff4b649898.png

Currently in-game you can exchange 500 Conquest Commendations in and get 200 FP-1 Stabilizers.

Does this mean this exchange is getting downgraded to "400 Conquest Commendations -> 100 FP-1 Stabilizers" from your post, or is this conversion also becoming available, or is this a typo? @BryantWood

image.thumb.png.74fe05775f6b979db2b4dbfc6922e1d0.png

Edited by LadyAdmiral
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Blakinik said:

Why not leave it at the 500 conquest for 200 FP instead of screwing over the players?

500 for 200 is a 2.5:1 ratio.  You are proposing a 4:1 ratio.  Are you increasing the conquest drops to compensate?

I think they did it because of the other conversions.

2000 Conquest Comms -> 175 OP-1s means ~11.43 Conquest Comms per OP-1

If they leave the 500 Conquest Comms -> 200 FP-1s, players can use that with the 500 FP-1 -> 175 OP-1 conversion and it becomes 7.15 Conquest Comms per OP-1, quite a bit cheaper than ~11.43.

Changing it to 400 Conquest Comms -> 100 FP-1s makes it ~11.44 so both ways of reaching OP-1s costs the same amount of Conquest Comms.

They could fix this without nerfing that conversion by changing 2000 Conquest Comms -> 175 OP-1s to 1250 Conquest Comms -> 175 OP-1s. Then both ways of reaching OP-1s would cost 7.15 Conquest Comms per OP-1.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, neichan said:

Hello,
I don't see the 200 Tech Frags for 200 Conquest Commendations trade in the "new conversions" list, is it removed ?

Can you trade 200 Tech Frags for 200 Conquest Commendations? I'm just going off of the list the developers posted  https://forums.swtor.com/topic/931765-gearing-feedback-pts-thread/?do=findComment&comment=9785568

As a casual pvp'er I was actually excited when I saw the livestream to think I might be able to dip my toe into other aspects of the game while gearing through my preferred style of gameplay(pvp).  Never did Ops before but thought hey if I can get Rakata gear by just playing pvp why not give it a shot.  Sort of a gut punch to see them not roll this out to pvp'ers by allowing us to exchange the WZ currency and go for other types of pve gear.