Gearing Feedback PTS Thread

JackieKo

4 minutes ago, juanmf said:

How about untagling the gearing and removing the 5000 types of currencies and middlemen between us and the gear, returning to a more straightforward system like launch and 6.0 had.

No? Just me?

No, not just you I tried to deconstruct a 236 with the rodians and they only had 232 on the list so somehow I gotta get a new piece of gear to deconstruct at 236.

But of course they won't drop any gear in SM FP's it doesn't matter that you do every bloody Boss Fight if you're SM no gear for you. And it doesn't matter if you can do the mechanics for VET Mode but get too tired to Solo them, oh no. No decent gear for anyone who physically can't do harder things and no GREAT gear for anyone who isn't a sadomasochist. I'm truly sick of it. At least let us Craft something USEFUL dangit.

On 11/14/2023 at 8:16 AM, TalLura said:

its currently 500 conquest Commendations -> 200 FP-1 Stabilizers meaning its only 250  for 100FP-1

so i recommend people start stocking up now and open the bags once 4.0 hits 

Good strategy but what if after opening the bags, we only get 100 FP-1 Stabilizers from them cos of the new code change that overwrites the 500 conquest comms > 200 fp1 bags? Need confirmation from the devs @BryantWood

8 hours ago, Lord_Malganus said:

Green gear is more than sufficient for SM.

Some of us like to have an efficient set of gear even if we aren't running NiM every three hours the entire week. This mentality of " HUh You DoN'T nEED PUrPle to rUN MosT cOnTEnt, gREen wIlL Do" needs to stop.

Why is it so troublesome to access decent end-game gear if I don't have a group that will carry my ass through HM Ops just to get the one piece I need?

• Like 1

This expac was designed so gear is relevant to the content you play. If you only play SM you only get green gear.  

I do not understand why SM players feel they deserve gear from content they don't play. If you want blue or purple gear, then you can do the same thing everyone else has to do, play the content that awards it.

Even solo, Blue gear is easy to get from Hyde and Zeke, but you have to do it.

Edited by Lord_Malganus
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Lord_Malganus said:

This expac was designed so gear is relevant to the content you play. If you only play SM you only get green gear.  

I do not understand why SM players feel they deserve gear from content they don't play. If you want blue or purple gear, then you can do the same thing everyone else has to do, play the content that awards it.

Even solo, Blue gear is easy to get from Hyde and Zeke, but you have to do it.

I agree with you that Blue gear is pretty easy to get from Hyde and Zeke (particularly after 7.3), but I also believe that 7.0 until 7.1 (when Musco took over) was a disaster. A disaster not only in terms of bugs, unnecessarily overhauling combat (while still failing to reduce Time-to-Kill), but also gearing.

The gearing was so retrograde / antiquated WoW 2005 I actually unsubscribed. I primarily solo but there is still a fair amount of solo-oriented content outside of Story Mode. The previous design team wanted to relive the glory days of WoW by funneling players into particular content and failed miserably. The blocking of gear acquisition in the original 7.0 went way, way too far. Fortunately, Musco took over for 7.1 and implemented a much needed course correction.

Overall, though, this debate will always be never ending and circular. Just as you don't understand why SM players want to continue to progress their gear, many of us don't know why you care. I am perfectly fine with Ops players / MM players getting the absolute best gear, but when my gear progress is blocked in content I enjoy as it was in 7.0 -- I stop playing and subscribing, which is precisely what I did. 

As for main subject of thread...I strongly support raising the Ilvl to 340 in 7.4 (not saying you are opposed, I honestly don't know). For those players (like me) who challenge themselves by playing all classes and advanced classes, doing so will afford us the opportunity to push ourselves further on class combos in different types of content. Sure, it is mostly about mechanics, but the extra Ilvls on each piece of equipment will help. And, even if doesn't, it's not harming anyone else's gameplay in the slightest.

:csw_jabba:

Dasty

Edited by Jdast
Clarity
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, juanmf said:

Some of us like to have an efficient set of gear even if we aren't running NiM every three hours the entire week. This mentality of " HUh You DoN'T nEED PUrPle to rUN MosT cOnTEnt, gREen wIlL Do" needs to stop.

Why is it so troublesome to access decent end-game gear if I don't have a group that will carry my ass through HM Ops just to get the one piece I need?

becuse they want you to work for higher gear, which is exactly why people say that you don't need said gear unless you're doing NiM or whatever and its why they're right, if you want to put less effort into game (and i don't mean this in insulting sense as im a story player) and just play for relaxation/story then you'll have lower gear as story mode does not need anything higher and its quite literally pointless to chase after it, 325 or something is more than efficiant for story mode as you can even do almost all ops on story mode with 325 or something gear, its only natural that for harder mode gear you actually need to...well bother with higher mode.

Edited by BulbulusTheGreat
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Jdast said:

I agree with you that Blue gear is pretty easy to get from Hyde and Zeke (particularly after 7.3), but I also believe that 7.0 until 7.1 (when Musco took over) was a disaster. A disaster not only in terms of bugs, unnecessarily overhauling combat (while still failing to reduce Time-to-Kill), but also gearing.

The gearing was so retrograde / antiquated WoW 2005 I actually unsubscribed. I primarily solo but there is still a fair amount of solo-oriented content outside of Story Mode. The previous design team wanted to relive the glory days of WoW by funneling players into particular content and failed miserably. The blocking of gear acquisition in the original 7.0 went way, way too far. Fortunately, Musco took over for 7.1 and implemented a much needed course correction.

Overall, though, this debate will always be never ending and circular. Just as you don't understand why SM players want to continue to progress their gear, many of us don't know why you care. I am perfectly fine with Ops players / MM players getting the absolute best gear, but when my gear progress is blocked in content I enjoy as it was in 7.0 -- I stop playing and subscribing, which is precisely what I did. 

As for main subject of thread...I strongly support raising the Ilvl to 340 in 7.4 (not saying you are opposed, I honestly don't know). For those players (like me) who challenge themselves by playing all classes and advanced classes, doing so will afford us the opportunity to push ourselves further on class combos in different types of content. Sure, it is mostly about mechanics, but the extra Ilvls on each piece of equipment will help. And, even if doesn't, it's not harming anyone else's gameplay in the slightest.

Dasty

I understand why they want to continue to progress their gear but care less if they do not want to do it. I mentioned Hyde an Zeek, because it's so easy to do solo with green gear that minimal effort is required to improve to Blue Gear. If SM players truly want better gear, they will make the simple effort to get it.

The lack of effort is the only thing holding them back.

4 hours ago, Lord_Malganus said:

I understand why they want to continue to progress their gear but care less if they do not want to do it. I mentioned Hyde an Zeek, because it's so easy to do solo with green gear that minimal effort is required to improve to Blue Gear. If SM players truly want better gear, they will make the simple effort to get it.

The lack of effort is the only thing holding them back.

Fine, just understand I don't care less why you want us to progress. You simply confuse that SM players = Solo players.

That's on you and has nothing to with effort and is, frankly, insulting.

Dasty

5 hours ago, Jdast said:

Fine, just understand I don't care less why you want us to progress. You simply confuse that SM players = Solo players.

That's on you and has nothing to with effort and is, frankly, insulting.

Dasty

In no way am I confused. Hyde and Zeek mods can be unlocked solo'ing content with green gear.  I know because I did it. That is what Hyde and Zeek mods are for. Legacy gear sets can even be bought from the vendor right next to the level 10 mod vendor in the supply section on fleet.

I'm not complaining about being unable to get blue or purple gear, or saying SM players can't get them, because that is a lie. What they are saying is they don't truly want better gear, because it's not given to them in the SM content they chose to limit themselves to playing.

I guess the truth can be just as insulting as lying about the facts.

On 11/17/2023 at 12:13 PM, JakRoanin said:

NiM players don't need 236-40 gear either! I really don't care about the Item Rating but I do want to control how it is distributed. Also, some players have disabilities that make the "easy stuff" difficult!

I can understand that! We help our disabled guild members every chance we get!

• Like 1

The simple fact is that most players want to get the highest gear possible regardless of which content they play, and regardless of whether it is needed for that content.

NiM players that say "why should they have the best gear when they are not running the most difficult content?" is at best missing the point (they want it because it is there), and at worse a justification for exclusivity - advanced raiders have cheevos to show for it that everyone can see, do they also need to be the only ones running around in 339 right now?

What was the issue with 6.X and everyone being able to get 306? If it is 1% of the player community saying everyone else should have inferior gear, then why? Let their cheevos speak for them, they should not need to feel better about themselves with exclusive gear levels.

Bottomline: more gear to grind = more players subbing and playing, which is better for everyone.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, BallisticKaine said:

Do we have a date of release yet? The window for winter holiday is closing fast.

Not yet, but we still have probably 2-3 weeks left before that window closes. I'd be surprised if it wasn't out Dec 5th, or 12th. This would give them a week or 2  for any major bug fixes.

• 2 weeks later...

looks like the OP-1 Grind is going to require Flash Point daily grinds FP-1's. I stopped doing Flash Points a long time ago due to the cut scenes and taking a long time to complete because of that. I know you can space threw them but there is always one in the group that refuses to do so. Seen those cut scenes so many times. Might just have to rely on the conquest commendations to get those OP-1's and any operations I can get in.

24 minutes ago, Gibbanator said:

looks like the OP-1 Grind is going to require Flash Point daily grinds FP-1's. I stopped doing Flash Points a long time ago due to the cut scenes and taking a long time to complete because of that. I know you can space threw them but there is always one in the group that refuses to do so. Seen those cut scenes so many times. Might just have to rely on the conquest commendations to get those OP-1's and any operations I can get in.

But how can you blame the people who might have never seen them before? That's not right?

8 hours ago, JakRoanin said:

But how can you blame the people who might have never seen them before? That's not right?

When playing in a group, think about the whole group. If you want to watch cutscenes, play story/veteran solo or at least don't group with people who grind that flashpoint over and over again.
You can always ask someone from the guild to do it with you on story mode if u cant do it yourself (i dont think failing story mode is even passible).

• Like 2