Gearing Feedback PTS Thread

JackieKo

2 hours ago, JakRoanin said:

Some aren't in Solo mode nobody can solo Collicoid War games. All I'm saying is there are new players who deserve a chance.

Bad example. Colicoid war games is not in the Flashpoint queu. They are referring to those flashpoints that are in the Group Finder queu's.

As for not all are in Solo mode, you should be able to solo many of the vet FP's. You can also ask guildies to do them with you (not doing them in GF, but walking in.). Another possible answer is to ask in fleet chat advertising for a group, but mentioning you want to watch the cut scenes.

When doing it randomly from Group Finder, it is just polite (especially when doing them in Master Mode), that you ask if it's alright to watch the cutscenes, but if people ask you to spacebar you should respect the rest of the groups time and do so. 

another gear grind ? folks i am tired of this stupid non-moddable gear.

all i do is grind grind grind and those f...ing season grinds, no story progession possible for me at that pace.

can't mod useful gear stats for tanky dps or some pvp ideas without grinding to max ops until you throw up.

crafting is totally useless these days.  lv75 gear is useless since its only working one level, then there is 4 levels of crickets and bad rotation efficiency and the stupid grind starts. i havent even managed to upgrade the implants on all my chars to 332 yet. tech frags are a stupid grind hamsterwheel. and most content for story progression now scales with gear levels, so you can't even progress that stuff at level 80 unless you farm yourself to oblivion and then next gear upgrade. and then there is the idiotic solo content called chapters. i stopped playing that insane solo tube level stuff alltogether, its highly annoying that you need those to progress with story to the new stuff. f... the chapters, throw them out. make them bypassable without loosing companions. that stuff is just a huge pain in the behind.

grinding the main story quest on ffxiv is more fun than chapters and thats a very long "from darth pontius to darth pilatus" scheme, too. nuke the chapters once and for all. from the orbit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkovChain said:

another gear grind ? folks i am tired of this stupid non-moddable gear.

Unless you absolutely have to have the max gear (new 344) then just use the mods.

The 336 mods are good enough now for just about everything in the game, and the new 340s will be too.  The difference between 344 and 340 is pretty  minor.

On 11/29/2023 at 6:35 PM, JakRoanin said:

But how can you blame the people who might have never seen them before? That's not right?

Because they're bots with no skill and decided not to play solo SM FPs....

You know, the one's that jump into a WZ and complain about objs when their DPS is like...200 with 0 objective points..

Game is cooked. See y'all in the finals on steam when it drops.

3 hours ago, Comshambler said:

Because they're bots with no skill and decided not to play solo SM FPs....

There are still 9 or 10 flashpoints with no story mode.  I see no harm in letting players watch the cutscenes in those flashpoints.  Yes, even for Hammer Station, it still gets new players running it sometimes.

Yes, you can solo the vet mode versions if you know what you're doing but it's incredibly rude and arrogant to expect every player to be at, or capable of, being above average in skill level.   Even average can be hard for some players to reach.

7 hours ago, Toraak said:

@JackieKo So is it a bug that I just got on the live server a 334 implant from a NiM Operation boss drop? Or did something change since you made your original post?

What was your overall item rating? And had you upgraded the implants yet? 

Need to know before I take a character without upgraded implants into a NiM ops. I've only been there with a character who already upgraded the implants and none of the loot so far has been implants. Either I've been really lucky or it has something to do with upgraded implants.

15 hours ago, DeannaVoyager said:

What was your overall item rating? And had you upgraded the implants yet? 

Need to know before I take a character without upgraded implants into a NiM ops. I've only been there with a character who already upgraded the implants and none of the loot so far has been implants. Either I've been really lucky or it has something to do with upgraded implants.

I was item rating 343.

I had a 340 MH, 344 OH, all 7 armor pieces, relics, and earpiece were 344. 1 implant was 340, while the other I hadn't upgraded yet. It was still at 334.

This wasn't my main character spec, so I had unfortunately not gotten that 2nd implant any upgrades at the time.

16 minutes ago, Toraak said:

I was item rating 343.

I had a 340 MH, 344 OH, all 7 armor pieces, relics, and earpiece were 344. 1 implant was 340, while the other I hadn't upgraded yet. It was still at 334.

This wasn't my main character spec, so I had unfortunately not gotten that 2nd implant any upgrades at the time.

So the general item rating at 336 really doesn't work, if there is a slot lower than that. Shame. It means if people want to get useful drops, they need to upgrade their implants first. :(