Old Wounds Mission Reset Issue

JackieKo

• Dev Post

Hello everyone, 

Giving you all a heads up that we will be preparing for Game Update 7.3c to be deployed in the next week or two. There are a couple of bugs that we will be fixing in this update, but one in particular we wanted to point out is that in a rare edge case, players can end up in a situation where they cannot progress the crit path.

In the “Complete Tasks for the Initiative” task, there are 4 missions players must complete in order to progress the crit path: 

• Work Amok
  • Unwelcome Visitors
  • Aiding Efforts
  • Secrets of the Shrine

If a player completes all 4 of these Missions and then does a Mission reset on Old Wounds, it will put them in a state where they are unable to move forward. We are making a correction to how Mission resets will work in this instance. If you have completed all 4 of the above listed Missions and have not completed their turn-in when 7.3c launches your Old Wounds progress will be reset to the beginning of the Old Wounds crit path where your character interacts with Tau or Rivix. This is meant to fix players who are in the stuck state but it is possible for a player to naturally stop at this position.

If you are a player who is not impacted by this bug, we encourage you to finish these missions before 7.3c is deployed. I will be communicating the exact day and time of when we are ready for this update when I can. 

Thanks, all. 

EDIT: Additional context for players who are in a mission reset loop as noted in this thread. After 7.3c goes out, any player that is in this specific mission loop will see that the Old Wounds Mission will be reset for them. Progress will not be restored as we want to completely avoid potentially placing impacted players in their previous looped state. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Whykara said:

Skipping the story to 7.3 doesn't make much sense because 7.x has one coherent story. It only takes half an hour to complete it anyway. 

Has it? Who knows anymore, it's been a few years since it started. I can't tell. All I've seen is endless mandalorian squabble, and Malgus respawning and getting defeated once again. If there was a story somewhere I missed it because too much time has passed since it started, and because I only did it twice (thanks to Echoes of Oblivion, I couldn't stomach repeating it more). 

So I have to say it skipping to 7.3 would make a lot of sense for everyone who doesn't want to play Echoes of Oblivion, Spirit of Vengeance and who knows what else ever again to be able to play that half an hour new story. We are finally getting back to some proper story, so it's a shame we can't skip there to be able to play it with more alts. I would be happy to skip to the Manaan bit too, so I could do Manaan and Ruhnuk dailies with more than two alts. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JackieKo said:

If a player completes all 4 of these Missions and then does a Mission reset on Old Wounds,

This implies we chose to reset the mission, what about those of us who didn't chose to do so? I completed all the tasks and then my Old Wounds mission auto reset to the part where I had to click launch and it showed the cutscene of Tau and Rivix finding the lightsaber... 

Edited by khamseen_air
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/24/2023 at 11:48 PM, khamseen_air said:

This implies we chose to reset the mission, what about those of us who didn't chose to do so? I completed all the tasks and then my Old Wounds mission auto reset to the part where I had to click launch and it showed the cutscene of Tau and Rivix finding the lightsaber... 

Same thing happened to me. Now I am stuck, guess we wait for 7.3c and see what it does, when it arrives. 

On 6/24/2023 at 8:48 AM, khamseen_air said:

This is what happed to me as well.  After I completed the conversation between the Voss / Gormack I stepped outside of the building ... then nothing!  Only the loop that started with the beginning of Old Wounds as you have described.

IMO ... it would be nice to have a follow up response with what we need to do (step by step if needed) in order to prevent further unnecessary complications or perhaps even the possibility of disabling the continuation of said character story line due to this bug.

As it now stands the game is broken for my main character ...and I'm not about to run another (alt) through this part of the story until this is fixed. 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2023 at 7:03 PM, JackieKo said:

Hello everyone, 

Giving you all a heads up that we will be preparing for Game Update 7.3c to be deployed in the next week or two. There are a couple of bugs that we will be fixing in this update, but one in particular we wanted to point out is that in a rare edge case, players can end up in a situation where they cannot progress the crit path.

In the “Complete Tasks for the Initiative” task, there are 4 missions players must complete in order to progress the crit path: 

• Work Amok
  • Unwelcome Visitors
  • Aiding Efforts
  • Secrets of the Shrine

If a player completes all 4 of these Missions and then does a Mission reset on Old Wounds, it will put them in a state where they are unable to move forward. We are making a correction to how Mission resets will work in this instance. If you have completed all 4 of the above listed Missions and have not completed their turn-in when 7.3c launches your Old Wounds progress will be reset to the beginning of the Old Wounds crit path where your character interacts with Tau or Rivix. This is meant to fix players who are in the stuck state but it is possible for a player to naturally stop at this position.

If you are a player who is not impacted by this bug, we encourage you to finish these missions before 7.3c is deployed. I will be communicating the exact day and time of when we are ready for this update when I can. 

Thanks, all. 

EDIT: Additional context for players who are in a mission reset loop as noted in this thread. After 7.3c goes out, any player that is in this specific mission loop will see that the Old Wounds Mission will be reset for them. Progress will not be restored as we want to completely avoid potentially placing impacted players in their previous looped state. 

I'm sorry, but a literal GAME-BREAKING bug is not being treated as an emergency break-fix to be patched ASAP?  No expected time except "next week or two"?  Did the devs miss the part where those of us caught in the loop (and No, I did not 'reset' any quest on my main, thank you) are unable to even progress the main story?  I can't BELIEVE I resubbed for this, you would think I would have learned after the cf that was the so-called Anniversary year....

• Like 1

yep, got one character stalled on "Meet with Shrine Initiative Leaders" because I didn't have the foresight to complete the low-replay-value story content in one sitting on a fourth character with no expectation that Bioware would fiddle around with things and create a non-progressing mission state

• Like 2

While I'm certain that the posts from key personnel are one of jubilation of the upcoming changes ...  Right now I'd settle for knowing when this is going to get fixed!

The more some things change .. the more they remain the same!

On 6/28/2023 at 10:23 AM, HKtheindomitable said:

I have both Old Wounds and Aiding Efforts in my mission log. Both have been there for a week now. Still there after the update. What should I do?

Ditto. I did the complete mission and it's still up there in my list of to do's. Can't abandon it. Fix apparently didn't fix it.

19 hours ago, HeliosDragos said:

I'm not able to get past my character screen after the 7.3c update. It tells me my current game version doesn't match the server, even after the game updated. I've tried restarting the game and my computer. Still the same results.

Bummer. Unfortunately this is not the thread you're looking for. That's over here: https://forums.swtor.com/topic/930242-not-same-game-version/#comment-9767663

• JackieKo unpinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Dev Post
On 7/31/2023 at 1:58 AM, HKtheindomitable said:

That's my plan if I don't get a reply here in the next few days. Being the weekend I expect to wait about 5 or 7 days (from post date).

If you still cannot complete Old Wounds, please use the in-game reporting tool to create a ticket to contact the CS team. You can follow the steps laid out here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2