Make the game harder during class stories

16 minutes ago, WayOfTheWarriorx said:

I have absolutely no issue with it being optional. If you're cool with it being optional as well, I'm not really sure where we're disagreeing than. I agree story is ridiculously easy.

I guess the difference is is that that doesn't really bother me. I don't play story (in this or any other mmo I've played, STO, DDO, LOTRO) for challenge. None of them have hard story content.  I play the story to level up and enjoy the story, knowng that the challenge is in another part of the game and that's where I'll go for that.  In this game, Raiding and PVP is where you go for a challenge and I personally don't have any issue with the separation.

As far as "the crowd I have". Firstly, I don't have a crowd. I don't even do guilds anymore. The two raid groups I was in both made exceptions for me, because they had a standing rule that only members of the guild could join the raid group and that wasn't something I was interested in doing anymore. I just have people I play with it.

What the crowd is, lacking a crystal ball, working with what I see in the game and what I see on the forums, it seems to me that the "casual" crowd is definitely in the majority.

The decline of the game that we have seen in past years isn't about difficulty or appeal, it's about bad choices in development and not enough resources to give the game the improvements, additions and expansions it needs to thrive.

It's appeal is self evident. It's Star Wars. (Well, Star Wars-Esque at any rate.)

That is correct, the appeal that it has left is that it's Star Wars.  Also by crowd I don't mean your personal crowd I mean our demographic.  MMO players.

Why worry about the story difficulty, is a good question.  The answer is in how this game presents itself.  This is a story based MMO, that is made very clear to all right from the start.  When presented that way (and it is correct to do it that way since that is what makes this game stand out) the story content becomes its sole identity.  If the story content is fun and engaging then the game is fun and engaging in the minds of those who try it.  If the story content is lackluster or anticlimactic in any way (in this case because of the combat) then the game is lackluster and anticlimactic.  You cannot separate the two, that is how it is designed to be presented.

You managed to get people through your front door, which is the story AND it's game-play (this IS a video game after all).  Whether they stay and explore the rest of the house depends on that initial experience.  It simply must be correct.

Edited by Diamaht

5 hours ago, xxSHOONYxx said:

You are wasting your breath.
If you do simple google search you find plenty of people asking what happened to the difficulty of the game or new players asking when does the game actually get challenging and they get bored. This clips alone proves your point, someone reviewing the game with a new account without any fancy stuff that has not played it before.

https://youtu.be/h97_3WLW-pw?t=817
https://youtu.be/h97_3WLW-pw?t=1192
https://youtu.be/h97_3WLW-pw?t=1496

The difficulty was changed and it took a big nose dive starting 4.0.
Companions went from needing no gear and affection level 10 in 1-3.0 to influence level 50 in 4.0 and needing no gear, to the point you could be in a pvp zone at max level and have a lvl 50 companion set as heals go afk and you wouldn't die.
And as they said in 4.0 "new leveling experience, has never been more exiting"... :classic_rolleyes:

At the end of the day people just have to realize or assume the game is being made for casual players that like things easy. For the people that want a challenge or like endgame this is not the game for you. 

Oh you are probably right, but before Intrepid and Riot take over the MMO world I want to at least give it a good fight.  This game really could be special.  It won't reach OSRS status or anything as the king of older MMOs but it really does have a lot going for it.  Also I really do want to have a legit Star Wars experience I can dive into from time to time, however it won't last in its current state.

So it's worth at least saying I made the effort.

Edited by Diamaht

2 minutes ago, Diamaht said:

That is correct, the appeal that it has left is that it's Star Wars.  Also by crowd I don't mean your personal crowd I mean our demographic.  MMO players.

Fair enough. My bad.

4 minutes ago, Diamaht said:

If the story content is fun and engaging then the game is fun and engaging in the minds of those who try it.  If the story content is lackluster or anticlimactic in any way (in this case because of the combat) then the game is lackluster and anticlimactic.  You cannot separate the two, that is how it is designed to be presented.

But, who gets to decide what is or isn't fun? Is that one person?

Some people think Golf is fun. I'd rather get the clap again than play golf.

There are a lot of people in this game that enjoy playing stealth classes and ranged DPS and that's fun for them. I think ranged and stealth are wussies to afraid to stand and fight and would rather "fight you" from 5 blocks away. I could never have fun playing that type of character, but some people love that and find it fun as hell.

Am I right and they're wrong? Or, is that just my take on it and my personal opinion? I certainly don't go around trying to change their minds about what they find fun or try and convince them they're wussies.

For some people alot of the fun of the game is playing all the different classes. I play one. I just don't find the other ones appealing or fun. I'm the same way in every MMO. I play one character and it's always basically the same crap. Whatever class is the most hardcore, balls to the wall, in your face combat monster, that's what I'm going to play because that's what I find fun.

STO - Klingon Warrior.

DDO - Half- Orc Fighter (Kensai)

LOTRO - Dwarven Champion (Red Line)

What's fun and appealing is inherently subjective.

I enjoy the story in this game by and large, and wherein I do sometimes find it's lack of being in keeping with Lucas's Vision and going against his canon, I do for the most part still have fun with it. I accept this game is not bound to those considerations and it still remains fun enough for me to overlook them and stay playing for 10 years. The difficulty factor doesn't weigh into my enjoyment of the story at all. Stories aren't difficult or easy, they're stories.

Would I personally get a bit more enjoyment out of it if I could get through a whole rotation, yeah a bit, but it doesn't change whether or not I enjoy the story or not. That's what Operations are for and PVP and Flashpoints. But as far as the vanilla storylines and even some of the expansions thereafter, it's not possible to get through a rotation no matter how difficult you make it because you are still leveling and you don't have all your attacks yet in order to perform a full rotation.

This is also probably why they made vanilla story easy because you are lacking in abilities, attacks, and DCDs.

36 minutes ago, Diamaht said:

You got people into your front door, which is the story AND it's game-play (this IS a video game after all).  Whether they stay and explore the rest of the house depends on that initial experience. 

I agree with this 100%. But the fact that story is easy may in and of itself  may make people interested in exploring those other parts of the game, "the rest of the house", where there is challenge to be found now that they are at least familiar with the experience.

I don't see the game as just being about the vanilla story. I never did. But, that's just my take on it.

7 minutes ago, WayOfTheWarriorx said:

But, who gets to decide what is or isn't fun? Is that one person?

Of course not.  The crowd decides that.  If population is growing and holding healthy and stable you are on the right track, if it is shrinking then you are on the wrong track.  Its not a collection of individual preferences its a collective decision made by millions of MMO players.  All games have their ups and downs but this ones population chart has only one direction.  They need to change that direction.  OSRS, FInal Fantasy, WoW and even GW2 at time all found ways to do that.  This game can too.

Edited by Diamaht

7 minutes ago, Diamaht said:

Of course not.  The crowd decides that.  If population is growing and holding healthy and stable you are on the right track, if it is shrinking then you are on the wrong track.  Its not a collection of individual preferences its a collective decision made by millions of MMO players.  All games have their ups and downs but this ones population chart has only one direction.  They need to change that direction.  OSRS, FInal Fantasy, WoW and even GW2 at time all found ways to do that.  This game can too.

The trend in Steamcharts, far and away the best data source we have about how the game is trending, is actually pretty good, particularly for the last seven weeks. 

I'm guessing Team SWTOR is pretty happy with the number of peak players up close to 5,000 since the beginning of April.

https://steamcharts.com/app/1286830

:csw_jabba:

Dasty

3 minutes ago, Jdast said:

The trend in Steamcharts, far and away the best data source we have about how the game is trending, is actually pretty good, particularly for the last seven weeks. 

I'm guessing Team SWTOR is pretty happy with the number of peak players up close to 5,000 since the beginning of April.

:csw_jabba:

Dasty

Yeah I saw that, up over 30 percent, it's awesome.  The economy announcements and the 64 bit changes could be sparking interest again.  That and the new season had me subbing again.  Also the announced pvp change are for the better too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Diamaht said:

Just out of interest let's try a little poll.

What do you think would be some changes that would improve player satisfaction and turn the game in the right direction and would be best for player retention and to entice new players to the game?

List from 1 to 10 in order of importance in game satisfaction.

1 being most important and 10 being least important.

*Make the storyline difficulty harder.

*Add new classes and races to play.

* Add new operations and PVP maps.

* Add new story content with more regularity.

* Increase options to fine tune the look of characters and companions.

*Add more companion story interactions and have additional romance interactions with LI Companions in future content.

* Make the player be able to pick the companions they want in the default storylines in future content instead of being forced to use a specific companion.

* Add a Premade quece and a Solo quece option for PVP.

* Fix bugs.

* Update crafting.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jdast said:

Jdast = Johnny on the spot.

I had no idea of the actual numbers from a reputable source. That's great. 👍

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

If there's one thing at all that I can agree with OP on, it's that there's a lot of Exp boosts in this game.

• There's Exp Boost items that you're rewarded with during the story. I use one every time another runs out, and I still end up with 10 or more by the end of my leveling (not counting Class Mission Only Exp Boosts or Bound to Legacy Exp Boosts).
  • There's Rested Exp from logging off in Rest Areas (Cantinas, the Fleet, Personal Starships, Strongholds). You can log off for a week and gain a ton of Rested Exp. I think it caps at some point, but I've never experimented with it.
  • There's Legacy Boosts. You can buy five ranks of permanent boosts (per character) from the Legacy Window, for Class Story, Exploration, Flashpoints, PvE Space missions, Warzones, and GSF. And they're cumulative bonuses; so each rank adds on top of the previous.
  • I don't do Guilds, but I know grouping in general buffs Exp gain, so I wouldn't be surprised if joining a Guild did the same.

Now, if there's a way to balance the game around the idea that an average player might buy one of each category every 2 or 3 planets, I'd love to hear it. But I'm not a game dev, so it'd all be wasted on me. And I'm not even sure if it's worth it. On new characters, I can still buy only 1 or 2 ranks in the Class Mission Exp Buff and still be around Lvl 65 or 70 by the end of the 1.0 story (Starter Planet - Illum). I can be at 80 if I play Esseles/Black Talon, Taral V+Maelstrom Prison/Boarding Party+Foundry, Directive 7, Battle of Illum+False Emperor, & PvE Space content. I could possibly even be Lvl 80 even faster if I did all the Exploration Missions and Bonus Series arcs as well (I never do Heroics until Lvl 80, for sake of gear grind).

The only solution that I can personally think of is to halt all Exp Gain when you're about to overlevel a planet. But that's like using a sledge hammer to open a window. It'll get the job done, but not necessarily in the way you wanted.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WayOfTheWarriorx said:

What do you think would be some changes that would improve player satisfaction and turn the game in the right direction and would be best for player retention and to entice new players to the game?

*Add more companion story interactions and have additional romance interactions with LI Companions in future content.

* Make the player be able to pick the companions they want in the default storylines in future content instead of being forced to use a specific companion.

* Fix bugs.

* Update crafting.

*Make the storyline difficulty harder. 2

*Add new classes and races to play. 6

* Add new operations and PVP maps. 4

* Add new story content with more regularity. 8

* Increase options to fine tune the look of characters and companions. 3

*Add more companion story interactions and have additional romance interactions with LI Companions in future content. 7

* Make the player be able to pick the companions they want in the default storylines in future content instead of being forced to use a specific companion. 10

* Add a Premade quece and a Solo quece option for PVP. 5

* Fix bugs. 9

* Update crafting. 1

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Gamer_Auto said:

If there's one thing at all that I can agree with OP on, it's that there's a lot of Exp boosts in this game.

• There's Exp Boost items that you're rewarded with during the story. I use one every time another runs out, and I still end up with 10 or more by the end of my leveling (not counting Class Mission Only Exp Boosts or Bound to Legacy Exp Boosts).
  • There's Rested Exp from logging off in Rest Areas (Cantinas, the Fleet, Personal Starships, Strongholds). You can log off for a week and gain a ton of Rested Exp. I think it caps at some point, but I've never experimented with it.
  • There's Legacy Boosts. You can buy five ranks of permanent boosts (per character) from the Legacy Window, for Class Story, Exploration, Flashpoints, PvE Space missions, Warzones, and GSF. And they're cumulative bonuses; so each rank adds on top of the previous.
  • I don't do Guilds, but I know grouping in general buffs Exp gain, so I wouldn't be surprised if joining a Guild did the same.

Now, if there's a way to balance the game around the idea that an average player might buy one of each category every 2 or 3 planets, I'd love to hear it. But I'm not a game dev, so it'd all be wasted on me. And I'm not even sure if it's worth it. On new characters, I can still buy only 1 or 2 ranks in the Class Mission Exp Buff and still be around Lvl 65 or 70 by the end of the 1.0 story (Starter Planet - Illum). I can be at 80 if I play Esseles/Black Talon, Taral V+Maelstrom Prison/Boarding Party+Foundry, Directive 7, Battle of Illum+False Emperor, & PvE Space content. I could possibly even be Lvl 80 even faster if I did all the Exploration Missions and Bonus Series arcs as well (I never do Heroics until Lvl 80, for sake of gear grind).

The only solution that I can personally think of is to halt all Exp Gain when you're about to overlevel a planet. But that's like using a sledge hammer to open a window. It'll get the job done, but not necessarily in the way you wanted.

Could tweak level scaling and companion capabilities so the added levels don't feel too crazy.

1 hour ago, WayOfTheWarriorx said:

* Fix bugs.

* Update crafting.

Saw this and wanted to toss in my 2 bits, because I have thoughts on all of them. On the scale of 1 being highest priority and 10 being lowest:

• Storyline Difficulty: 8 - I think it's fine as-is. It's just story, it's not supposed to be insane.
  • New Combat Styles: 7 - I love the idea, and would really enjoy Tech Melee or Force Ranged No Lightsaber, but BioWare's constantly tweaking the stuff we already have. Without more people and a higher budget, I doubt it'll come to pass.
  • New Playable Races: 5 - Again, I enjoy the idea, but the stuff we have currently could use a lot of work. Anything added to a Miraluka removes their cool blindfolds in favor of these absolutely stupid lookin' tech glasses. Twi'leks have weird clipping issues with their Lekku that makes most head gear look bad (or slice off their Lekku entirely), and those that don't look like crap only look good by total accident. Nautolans and Togruta can't wear any headgear at all, no matter what. This is easily added by taking a page from Warframe's book and turning to the Community. Hold contests for alt headgear to see whose design gets added to the game, and compensate them with either CC or real money; and regular winners could even get offered an actual position on the team.
  • New Ops: 4 - Ever since Shadow of Revan, we've been getting 1 Op per major update (not including KotET, which had Uprisings as mini-Ops). Maybe we could get more, but I'd sooner see a way for Solo Players to use our massive collections of Companions to play an Op only on Story Mode, rather than see more content I'm never gonna play without such a system. I'd love to see the Dread Masters story in full, or the Iokath story in full, or the Yavin 4 story as it was intended to be experienced (ToS instead of Dailies), but I'm not in a Guild, and I don't want to impose myself on a Guild just to satisfy my own curiosity.
  • New PvP Maps: 5 - I don't play PvP unless I'm forced to for the sake of Alliance Alerts (M1-4X & Pierce) or Galactic Seasons; and I abhor every step of the journey. But for the people who care about that sort of thing, I imagine it'd be a nice thing to see.
  • More Story Faster: 10 - Believe it or not, I'm actually fine with the current story drip. I'd rather they take their time and make sure the story is well written (for what it is) rather than have them throw whatever crap at us at breakneck pace. That's likely how we got so many moments post-1.0 where your pre-existing companions never say anything ever, and the highly idiotic choice of sacrificing Vette or Torian in KotFE when YOU COULD LITERALLY JUST SEND ARCANN TO SAVE WHICHEVER ONE YOU DIDN'T CHOOSE.
  • Player Character Customization: 1 - The system is in dire need of an upgrade. Having a slider instead of the ability to get a side-by-side preview of different choices is a pain, Cyborg should really just be a "Cybernetics" slider on each race instead of it's own "race", and the customization options in the Cartel Market should either be lowered to 1 coin each, or made part of the default creator.
  • Companion Customization: 2 - I actually really like the default Companion looks, but I do wish there were ways to get more parts of their customization options. At the beginning of each playthrough, I get the choice of 1 of 3 skins and armor sets. Throughout the playthrough, I get bits and pieces of other named companion armor and weapon sets. But I can never seem to find all the pieces. I'd like to have a way to get all the stuff I missed; possibly through liberal usage of the Collection Window.
  • More Companion Story: 1 - YES. YESYESYESYESYESYES. SHROUD OF MEMORY IS THE TEMPLATE. NEED I SAY MORE?
  • More/Improved Romance Options: 2 - This could certainly be improved upon, but I'm personally not too scuffed about it. I've found which ones make me grin and "d'aw" the most, and I'm happy with that.
  • "I want my Hubby/Wife/BFF, not this stranger!": 3 - I get BW wanting to have certain characters with you at certain points in the story, but if they're gonna force them on me, I'd rather them be Rank 50 and not Rank 25.
  • PvP queues, Solo & Grouped: 5 - I don't need this, personally, and frankly I thought it already existed. But I guess that's just GSF and not the other modes? Honestly, I'd prefer a game mode specific queue, so I don't end up with freakin' Huttball all; the dank farik time (my least favorite of the PvP modes).
  • Fix Bugs: If lower numbers are higher, I'm setting this to 0 - All Capes Are Fecked. I've seen eye animation that makes an eyeball clip through a female character's lower eyelid (especially during KotFE-onwards, and for some reason it's always the character's right eye). The final mission of Pub Corellia still has cutscenes where soldiers carrying blades have their arms positioned as if they're carrying rifles. There are so many little presentation issues that just stack on top of each other, that I'm tempted to risk a C&D on YouTube just making a series pointing it all out.
  • Update Crafting: 0 - Crafting has been painfully slow and tedious for too long. I'd like to just select what I want, select how much of it I want, and send my literal army of companions with all the Credits needed to collect basic crafting mats and craft until the order is done. I don't care if it'd take literal IRL days. I can wait. I'd like to actually do the crafting missions in Galactic Seasons so I don't have to bother with the stuff I like less.
Edited by Gamer_Auto
  • Thanks 2

*Make the storyline difficulty harder. 10

I'll just go play Eldenring or something if I want to torture myself while space barbie.

*Add new classes and races to play. 5

Cool but not deal breaker if not.

* Add new operations and PVP maps. 5

Don't care about Pvp, so the 5 is not about it.

Could have more operations more frequently.

* Add new story content with more regularity. 1

This game will die without it. SWTOR is really not that good if you strip the story away.

But I guess you can argue that the current story direction is bad either way because of the "one story to fit them all" format and people mostly stay/replay/enjoy the class stories to live their Jedi/Sith/Mando dreadm so new story contents is not that important.

* Increase options to fine tune the look of characters and companions. 5

Could use more variations with non-human species but not a "game is ruined forever" thing if they don't.

Stop using the "hyper-realistic" style for new NPC though. It looks ugly. And not "realistic" at all.

*Add more companion story interactions and have additional romance interactions with LI Companions in future content. 1

Yes but this is biased so not a neutral assessment.

I'm actually more than fine with the 7.3 "date night" upgrades we'll get.

* Make the player be able to pick the companions they want in the default storylines in future content instead of being forced to use a specific companion. 5

Cool but not game killing

How about letting us use "temporary" companions in non-story daily stuffs? Give me my Darth Marr companion.

* Add a Premade quece and a Solo quece option for PVP. 10

Don't care about PvP so it's biased.

* Fix bugs. 1

"Features" you mean.

* Update crafting. 10

New augments that need 323895302 mats? Ugh.

PS: might be helpful if the poll knows its demographic. I don't Pvp because I don't like the toxicity. I play Pve. I enjoy solo story the most and take my "mains" seriously and made copies of them on 3 servers to replay the stories. I started to do sm operations for the story at first (Dread Masters), space barbie later (rpm = credits = CM items = drips). But I don't like to be a liability so I tried to be "carry" even if it's easy stuffs. I just joined a prog group and found out I also enjoy this more challenging aspect of the game. Those affected my scores.

Edited by eabevella
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Diamaht said:

If population is growing and holding healthy and stable you are on the right track, if it is shrinking then you are on the wrong track.

MMOs on the whole have been a declining genre for a number of years, and most of the market variability is players swapping between games as they get burned out or lose interest

I don't think there's a single title that's actually experiencing stability, let alone sustained growth, its a never-ending battle of attrition

so in your eyes, every single MMO is doing everything wrong? if that was actually the case, the players would all leave and engage their time in something else

2 hours ago, Gamer_Auto said:

well yeah as long as there's the system they added in 4.0 where all mission exp rewards scale up to your level, there'll always be the capacity for spamming easy content to overlevel, and I don't think a complete reversion of that would be popular

Good idea @WayOfTheWarriorx

* Add new story content with more regularity. 1

*Add more companion story interactions and have additional romance interactions with LI Companions in future content. 2

* Fix bugs. 3

* Make the player be able to pick the companions they want in the default storylines in future content instead of being forced to use a specific companion. 4

*Make the storyline difficulty harder. 5

* Increase options to fine tune the look of characters and companions. 6

* Add new operations and PVP maps. 7

* Add a Premade quece and a Solo quece option for PVP. 8

* Update crafting 9

*ADD new classes and races to play. 10

Edited by Ardrossan
  • Thanks 2

*Make the storyline difficulty harder. 10

*Add new classes and races to play. 5

* Add new operations and PVP maps. 10

* Add new story content with more regularity. 1

* Increase options to fine tune the look of characters and companions. 3

*Add more companion story interactions and have additional romance interactions with LI Companions in future content. 1

* Make the player be able to pick the companions they want in the default storylines in future content instead of being forced to use a specific companion. 3

* Add a Premade queue and a Solo queue option for PVP. 10

* Fix bugs. 2

* Update crafting. 3

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Stradlin said:

Bar is set so low that we can do stuff like the great bathroom+fridge test.

Door opens and there,finally, Darth Yawn, annihilator of Bothawuii. Some Dialogue wheel spinning  about how thousands have fallen before him, and so will you. Then, it begins! Duel of fates as two powerful force wizards unleash hell upon one another! 

...once the fight starts,take a bathroom break, remember to wash your hands! Go get yourself a drink. Take your time. Return two minutes later. What has happened? 

Encounters where playerchar  doesn't survive such a hellish trial might not be challenging,but they are more challenging than class stories. So we could start here. Make combat so relevant, that your character doesnt survive a 2 min midfight afk.

This is my point. You should not be able to afk while fighting a final supposed badass boss. That is all im asking for, not dark souls.

4 hours ago, WayOfTheWarriorx said:

* Fix bugs.

* Update crafting.

I'll just put them directly in order as that'd be easier to read :

1. Fix bugs.
  2. Add new story content with more regularity.
  3. Add more companion story interactions and have additional romance interactions with LI Companions in future content.
  4. Increase options to fine tune the look of characters and companions.
  5. Add new classes and races to play.
  6. Make the player be able to pick the companions they want in the default storylines in future content instead of being forced to use a specific companion.
  7. Add new operations and PVP maps.
  8. Update crafting.
  9. Add a Premade queue and a Solo queue option for PVP.
  10. Make the storyline difficulty harder.
Edited by Goreshaga
  • Thanks 1

here is my top 10 from it,

the number 1 is the most important and number 10 the less important.

1: fix bugs.

2: Add new story content with more regularity.

3: update crafting.

4: make the storyline difficulty harder.

5: Add new classes and races to play.

6: Add more companion story interactions and have additional romance interactions with LI Companions in future content.

7: Make the player be able to pick the companions they want in the default storylines in future content instead of being forced to use a specific companion.

8: Increase options to fine tune the look of characters and companions.

9: Add a Premade queue and a Solo queue option for PVP.

10: Add new operations and PVP maps.

12 hours ago, Diamaht said:

Oh you are probably right, but before Intrepid and Riot take over the MMO world I want to at least give it a good fight.  This game really could be special.  It won't reach OSRS status or anything as the king of older MMOs but it really does have a lot going for it.  Also I really do want to have a legit Star Wars experience I can dive into from time to time, however it won't last in its current state.

So it's worth at least saying I made the effort.

I get it, it will just fall in deaf ears when it comes to difficulty because people that actually want to play an mmo already left over the disappointing patches or are leaving so what is left is just casuals so it makes sense they make easy content for them and hope they open their wallet on the cartel market. Swtor could have been an awesome mmo, but it's not and it's a shame when you think what could have been and what it is. 

I'm hoping the riot mmo will be great, it will probably be my last mmo regardless if it's good or bad. 

11 hours ago, WayOfTheWarriorx said:

Player Poll

Alright, I'll play:

1 Add new story content with more regularity.

2 Add new operations and PVP maps.

3 Fix bugs.

4 Update crafting.

5 Add more companion story interactions and have additional romance interactions with LI Companions in future content.

6 Add a Premade quece and a Solo quece option for PVP.

7 Make the player be able to pick the companions they want in the default storylines in future content instead of being forced to use a specific companion.

8 Add new classes and races to play.

9 Increase options to fine tune the look of characters and companions.

10 Make the storyline difficulty harder.

Make the storyline difficulty harder shouldn't even be on the list. 

Make the VM/MM flashpoints and SM operations harder would be better. 

I don't want 'beat your head against the boss for 20 wipes' type difficulty for Vet fp and SM ops, just something more than 'ignore mechanics and still faceroll bosses' difficulty.  They're optional content, and making them too easy is far worse for the game than having the storyline be easy.

Storyline is for everyone, let it be easy. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, recalcitrantIre said:

MMOs on the whole have been a declining genre for a number of years, and most of the market variability is players swapping between games as they get burned out or lose interest

I don't think there's a single title that's actually experiencing stability, let alone sustained growth, its a never-ending battle of attrition

so in your eyes, every single MMO is doing everything wrong? if that was actually the case, the players would all leave and engage their time in something else

MMOs declined when the monetization of the gaming industry changed. But not only mmo the whole gaming industry declined.
Games now are souless shells that spent too much money on development on what the game should have so the users spend more on their store, unfinished, riddle with bugs and pathetic optimization. Before the way a game had to make money was how good it was, now most games make more money from their in game stores than the actual sale of the game. 

This is a video that somewhat talks about how games have changed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqBN5NAdtvk&t=45s&ab_channel=UpperEchelon

And a "successful" store in a mmo hurts the actual mmo. But the in game store and an easy mmo is also crucial for casuals to spend their money on the store 

2 hours ago, xxSHOONYxx said:

I get it, it will just fall in deaf ears when it comes to difficulty because people that actually want to play an mmo already left over the disappointing patches or are leaving so what is left is just casuals so it makes sense they make easy content for them and hope they open their wallet on the cartel market. Swtor could have been an awesome mmo, but it's not and it's a shame when you think what could have been and what it is. 

I'm hoping the riot mmo will be great, it will probably be my last mmo regardless if it's good or bad. 

Was doing content on DK last night.  About an hour in I was already getting bored mopping the floor with everything.  

I can simply Suppression Fire the entire planet, and I mean that literally.  Death is impossible.

Edited by Diamaht

1 hour ago, Diamaht said:

Was doing content on DK last night.  About an hour in I was already getting bored mopping the floor with everything.  

I can simply Suppression Fire the entire planet, and I mean that literally.  Death is impossible.

You're right on this one. Suppressive fire is way overpowered even with a low level character. It gets downright scary with a high level one. It is arguably the best AOE in the game (as is the Smuggler equivalent Sweeping Gunfire). This is one that does need a tone down.

3 hours ago, LD_Little_Dragon said:

Alright, I'll play:

1 Add new story content with more regularity.

2 Add new operations and PVP maps.

3 Fix bugs.

4 Update crafting.

5 Add more companion story interactions and have additional romance interactions with LI Companions in future content.

6 Add a Premade quece and a Solo quece option for PVP.

7 Make the player be able to pick the companions they want in the default storylines in future content instead of being forced to use a specific companion.

8 Add new classes and races to play.

9 Increase options to fine tune the look of characters and companions.

10 Make the storyline difficulty harder.

9 hours ago, Spikanor said:

here is my top 10 from it,

the number 1 is the most important and number 10 the less important.

1: fix bugs.

2: Add new story content with more regularity.

3: update crafting.

4: make the storyline difficulty harder.

5: Add new classes and races to play.

6: Add more companion story interactions and have additional romance interactions with LI Companions in future content.

7: Make the player be able to pick the companions they want in the default storylines in future content instead of being forced to use a specific companion.

8: Increase options to fine tune the look of characters and companions.

9: Add a Premade queue and a Solo queue option for PVP.

10: Add new operations and PVP maps.

Thank you both for responding. I was out of reactions for the day but didn't want it to go unsaid.

Everyone's opinion is important. Everyone's opinion counts.

• Like 1