Credit Economy Initiative beginning with 7.2.1

JackieKo

6 minutes ago, Irnini said:

I came back after a few months break and find out that I can't buy even one gold augment with my 300mil credits. I have about 1,5bil now and I still feel... poor. I only hope that this situation will change as soon as possible for other players like me.

Don't hold your breath! The only thing Bioware's "brilliant" idea will do is insure that the folks who can't afford anything will never be able to afford anything ever as the folks with billions in credits shrug off what is too them chump change costs.

Edited by Ramahar

3 hours ago, Ramahar said:

Don't hold your breath! The only thing Bioware's "brilliant" idea will do is insure that the folks who can't afford anything will never be able to afford anything ever as the folks with billions in credits shrug off what is too them chump change costs.

As annoying as QT costs will be, I keep thinking "How is this QT price going to make people drop their prices in general chat?" it's not. I am constantly mailing random players on Korriban 100k credits for RP reasons, and to be nice. I can afford that, I can afford 5k QT fees. Not going to reduce inflation. I can help 10,000 players in this way before spending 1b, and there is less than 10,000 players on Satele Shan. I'll have to QT at least 200,000 times to spend a 1b. Before either of those happen, I will earn myself a few billion more credits through Conquesting and regular gameplay.

Edited by Traceguy

20 hours ago, Irnini said:

Also, I said before, don't allow anything that will accelerate gearing like buying currencies, gear etc for credits. It will not only make gearing partially P2W but it will also motivate people to buy credits from Credit Sellers. 

You people don't know the definition of P2W. P2W would be Bioware selling gold augs on the CM.

P2W means legitimately spending IRL money to get better gear than Free-to-play people.

Using in game currency is not P2W. Not even close. And if it was. I hate to break it to you people, but the game is already P2W then. Because players sell gold Augs for 2b-4b credits a piece. Should gold augs not be tradable then to solve this issue? 

Oh, and guess what? No one can afford 2b credits, so guess what? Credit sellers will help them out.

Edited by Traceguy

3 hours ago, Traceguy said:

Using in game currency is not P2W. Not even close. And if it was. I hate to break it to you people, but the game is already P2W then. Because players sell gold Augs for 2b-4b credits a piece. Should gold augs not be tradable then to solve this issue? 

But it's only the gold 'augs'. Is any of the Bis 'gear' obtainable for real money? If someone spends real money for other gears not obtainable from the vendors for the special currencies that aren't even close to Bis gear but decide to use real money on the gold augs, would that be p2w? (i mean any gear that's below the minimum pre7.0) Are players seriously letting their accounts be taken by others to get the r4 gear for real money? that would be real bad. in so many ways.

I'm late to this thread.  Honestly I haven't even looked at the forums in weeks, maybe even a few months.

At 19 pages of this I scanned some posts, but I have a question that I haven't seen asked, or answered, yet.

What in game content even generates mass amounts of credits?

If there is some magic mission, or dailies, out there granting people billions (or even millions) of credits, I have no idea what it is.

I get 99% of my credits from the GTN, which means a credit transfer, not credit generation.

The devs want to take more credits out of the game and cut back on the credit generation.

Ok....but (as MANY people have mentioned) that will hurt the people starting out and NOT the people who have accumulated "wealth" in game over the years they've played.

I've been here since the start.  Never once knew about any type of  credit exploit before it was fixed...even after it was fixed (not that I'd use it anyway).  I just sell Guild Flagship pieces and RPMs/OEMs via the GTN to make my credits...along with the free deco from GS.

I haven't even sold my leftover crafting mat decos from when they were given out via conquest and I've seen some CRAZY prices on those.

But again, everything on here is credits TRANSFERRED to other players, not GENERATED from the system.

What...in the system is giving out the BILLIONS of credits that everyone now has?

Nothing I know of.

That leads me to believe it's credit duping or some other exploit, either on going, or just saved up and never removed from the game.

THAT is what needs to be fixed, and you're not going to do it by charging me 5k credits to go from fleet to my Yavin stronghold.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, Darev said:

years and years and years and years and years of thousands of players doing heroics, dailies, any other sorts of missions, conquest objectives (which Bioware have scrubbed the credits out of but the damage is already done) generating cumulative trillions of credits (maybe even low quadrillions) while any potentially meaningful sinks were gradually eroded, once again under the guise of "quality of life features"

16 minutes ago, recalcitrantIre said:

years and years and years and years and years of thousands of players doing heroics, dailies, any other sorts of missions, conquest objectives (which Bioware have scrubbed the credits out of but the damage is already done) generating cumulative trillions of credits (maybe even low quadrillions) while any potentially meaningful sinks were gradually eroded, once again under the guise of "quality of life features"

Ok...but that's to be expected, and not really what I was asking.

If there's nothing in the game that is GENERATING millions / billions of credits for new players, the in game credit GENERATION is not out of balance.

Selling RPMs/OEMs to a VENDOR for millions of credits is credit GENERATION

selling them via the GTN is credit transfers.

The devs are saying they want to fix the credit GENERATION rate of the game...which doesn't need to be touched as far as I can tell.   It's the credit TRANSFERS, or the lack of credit sinks....both really...that need to be adjusted.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Darev said:

I'm late to this thread.  Honestly I haven't even looked at the forums in weeks, maybe even a few months.

At 19 pages of this I scanned some posts, but I have a question that I haven't seen asked, or answered, yet.

If there is some magic mission, or dailies, out there granting people billions (or even millions) of credits, I have no idea what it is.

I get 99% of my credits from the GTN, which means a credit transfer, not credit generation.

The devs want to take more credits out of the game and cut back on the credit generation.

Ok....but (as MANY people have mentioned) that will hurt the people starting out and NOT the people who have accumulated "wealth" in game over the years they've played.

I've been here since the start.  Never once knew about any type of  credit exploit before it was fixed...even after it was fixed (not that I'd use it anyway).  I just sell Guild Flagship pieces and RPMs/OEMs via the GTN to make my credits...along with the free deco from GS.

I haven't even sold my leftover crafting mat decos from when they were given out via conquest and I've seen some CRAZY prices on those.

But again, everything on here is credits TRANSFERRED to other players, not GENERATED from the system.

What...in the system is giving out the BILLIONS of credits that everyone now has?

Nothing I know of.

That leads me to believe it's credit duping or some other exploit, either on going, or just saved up and never removed from the game.

THAT is what needs to be fixed, and you're not going to do it by charging me 5k credits to go from fleet to my Yavin stronghold.

You sir have just summed it up entirely.  You conclusion is 100% right dead on!
** There is nothing wrong or inappropriate with players taking the initiative to buy / sell / trade within the spirit and intent of the game.
** This does NOT include bots of ANY sort!  Period!!  Done and Done!!
** This does NOT include purchasing credits from illegal or outside SWTOR accepted game practices.  Done and Done!  No excuses or exceptions.  

Charging people access to stuff that they already have ??  Charging credits for access and usage for the average player.. That sort of nickel and dime junk is like handing a man who is drowning in an Olympic Deep sized swimming pool of water a teaspoon and telling him that his efforts will eventually help EVERYONE !!!   It makes just as much sense!!!

Cut the problem off at the source!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by OlBuzzard

One of the things about the quick travel that irks me is it runs counter to everything else they’ve done to it.   Originally, it had a half hour cooldown time. Then they added the Legacy system with its pay to reduce cooldown options.  Then they reduced the innate cooldown to six minutes.   It all was done for convenience and/or QOL.  This just feels like a hard step back.  I jumped on the PTS but didn’t really test the costs other than looking at what they were in a few places.   But it definitely is making me rethink using it as often on my higher levels and almost never on my new toons.  And that is just going to be another irritating thing for me to add on with some of the changes from 7.0 on. 

I see the quick travel costs as being targeted against certain things in the game but not really against inflation (that is just lip service on Bioware's part). These costs are targeted at:

1) Slowing down progress through the game since there is so little content added each quarter/year

2) Slowing down gearing since quick travel is used most in jumping between heroics, the best source of DRMs for upgrading your gear (and needed by everyone except end game raiders top level gear)

3) Driving long time players and their credits out of the game by making replaying content tedious.

4) Making the game seem more populated by forcing people to hoof it between heroics/missions instead of quick traveling

Edited by DWho
Added #4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Darev said:

I think part if it is the shrinking player base and the numerous merges over the years.  Everytime they merge servers they also merge all the credits in both servers into one.

Then a lot of players who leave the game will give away their credits first, either to guilds or just freebies to other players.   It's not necessarily that many more credits overall, just more credits per player.

• Like 1

This is kind of putting me in one of my "I want to prove a point" moods...maybe a month or two later than would have been most effective.

I'm going to start a toon from scratch on SS (I have way too many full slots on SF to make a new toon) and level one up getting credits as I go from only system generation.

Selling trash to Vendors.  Mission payouts.   PVE space missions...etc.

Nothing at all from the Legacy piggy bank.

Every 10 levels I'll chart how many credits I have from the story / heroics and let's see where I end up at level 80.

For this, I will pick 3 crew skills that I can use out in the wild and not send companions out on missions.

Scav / Sli / Archeo   (I can always use another gathering toon when it's over).

Edited by Darev

7 hours ago, Darev said:

Nothing I know of.

Hey Darev😎

I think Eric did cover a little of what was generating credits & I touched on it a little too. Would be easy to miss with so many pages. 

Basically they had too many credits being generated from conquest & missions & all the excessive armor/mod drops in 6.x being sold to vendors if not deconstructed for tech frags. 
Also spamming FP’s to gear up constantly would have given a lot of credits.

At the same time their Amplifier credit sink was a bust because no one likes being forced to gamble & never really had the impact they needed as a credit sink.
And when they removed it, they didn’t reduce the amount of credits being generated in the game to off set it. 

We already had a lot of inflation in 5.x, but 6.x accelerated that to hyperinflation. I know you & I & others discussed the inflation issues 2-3 years ago & I begged BioWare to do something about it back then or it would get out of control. Which is exactly what happened during 7.x. I would suggest the only reason they’re even listening now after 3 years is because it’s started hurting their CM income 😉.

But you’re right. I don’t believe there’s exploits generating the credits, I think they’re just older excessive credits that the games been accumulating since before 5.x & made worse during 6.x.
Because like you, I’ve made most of my billions in wealth on the GTN before 7.0 was even released. I’m sure if I hadn’t taken 12 months away from the game, I’d be into the 100’s of billions by now.

I’ve still got enough CM items, like dyes, crystals, Deco’s, Armor, weapons & mounts, packed across my two guild’s maxed cargo holds & character holds to easily raise 100 billion credits without even trying. 

Inflation can never be brought under control while such large amounts of credits are still in the game. And considering most of the large sums are now being traded outside of the GTN, those credits will never be taxed & removed if BioWare doesn’t close the tax avoidance loop hole & increase the GTN sales cap. 

Their idea of adding credit sinks for quick travel etc only works to help balance how many credits are being generated. It doesn’t do anything to remove the excess credits already in the game from the last 3 years. 

If I was BioWare, I would still add the credit sinks they are suggesting. But I would make them smaller & also work at scale. So that they increase as the player lvl / legacy increase. 

I would also add other credit sinks, like changing appearance (not race) to use credits or CC (as long as the appearances were already opened). 

As well as adding back old non CM armor sets to vendors for people to buy. I’d get rid of CM certificates or let people buy them with credits so those CM certificate vendors can be accessed more.

Besides increasing the GTN sales cap to 7 Billion, I’d also add a wealth tax to GTN purchases over 1 Billion credits. For  every item sold over 1 Billion credits, it would increase the GTN tax by 2% & be capped at 20% (hence the 7 Billion cap). This targets the players holding onto or accumulating those credits more than the everyday casuals & new players who don’t play the GTN to accumulate wealth. 

Of course for that to work BioWare do need to severely limit or restrict CM items being traded & sold outside the GTN. 

I would go so far as to as to make CM items directly traded between players outside the GTN, be “gifted”& they become legacy bound so they can’t be resold on the GTN. And any credits traded between players would be taxed at the same rate as the GTN. 

If BioWare did all of that, I think it would not only put the breaks on inflation within a few months, but may actually start to cause some deflation in the game. Once that’s achieved, BioWare can reassess if they need to ease up any restrictions or reduce the costs on the credit sinks. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Darev said:

This is kind of putting me in one of my "I want to prove a point" moods...maybe a month or two later than would have been most effective.

I'm going to start a toon from scratch on SS (I have way too many full slots on SF to make a new toon) and level one up getting credits as I go from only system generation.

Selling trash to Vendors.  Mission payouts.   PVE space missions...etc.

Nothing at all from the Legacy piggy bank.

Every 10 levels I'll chart how many credits I have from the story / heroics and let's see where I end up at level 80.

For this, I will pick 3 crew skills that I can use out in the wild and not send companions out on missions.

Scav / Sli / Archeo   (I can always use another gathering toon when it's over).

As always, I look forward to seeing your results 👍

Can you please add conquest & pvp seasons (if you can be bothered) to your game play to make sure they aren’t adding excess credits. 

I do have a sneaking suspicion that Conquest is adding a fair amount of credits. Especially when spread across a players legacy. 

10 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

As always, I look forward to seeing your results 👍

Can you please add conquest & pvp seasons (if you can be bothered) to your game play to make sure they aren’t adding excess credits. 

I do have a sneaking suspicion that Conquest is adding a fair amount of credits. Especially when spread across a players legacy. 

I'll put conquest results in there, sure.  I do that anyway.   I don't pvp...so...probably not so much that.  

A lot of the things you mentioned in your first response to my posts aren't in the game anymore, and a new player wouldn't be able to get credits from many of the things you mentioned.

Admittedly selling 306 gear to vendors was something I never did, I always deconstructed them.

What I did do, which we can't anymore, was sell the armor from turning in supply crates from heroics.  That used to get me a lot of "extra" credits for something I was doing anyway.

I did go back and find eric's post, but he didn't really go into WHAT, specifically, was causing problems with incoming / system generated credits right now as the game is today.

They're making the changes to the game as it is "today" and...well....I guess I'm going to find out.

I did just finish GS3 on both accounts on all 5 servers....so I have some extra time.

18 minutes ago, Darev said:

I'll put conquest results in there, sure.  I do that anyway.   I don't pvp...so...probably not so much that.  

A lot of the things you mentioned in your first response to my posts aren't in the game anymore, and a new player wouldn't be able to get credits from many of the things you mentioned.

Admittedly selling 306 gear to vendors was something I never did, I always deconstructed them.

What I did do, which we can't anymore, was sell the armor from turning in supply crates from heroics.  That used to get me a lot of "extra" credits for something I was doing anyway.

I did go back and find eric's post, but he didn't really go into WHAT, specifically, was causing problems with incoming / system generated credits right now as the game is today.

They're making the changes to the game as it is "today" and...well....I guess I'm going to find out.

I did just finish GS3 on both accounts on all 5 servers....so I have some extra time.

Yeah, I agree. I do think BioWare removed a lot of the old credit generating things, especially all that extra armor/gear we got from the 6.x system. 

I know lots of players, including my wife who use to just sell that stuff  instead of deconstructing. I’m sure that was a big contributor to hyperinflation starting about a year before 7.0 even launched.

Once I got a full set of each of those armor sets from doing the Heroic turn ins, I also used to sell the excess for credits. I didn’t realise they’d removed that 🤷🏻‍♀️

With Eric’s post, I kind of read between the lines. Sort of figured most of the old time players would do the same. I guess he could have been more concise. But that would have meant admitting they made a mistake, something we know they rarely, if ever do 😉.

I totally agree with you. That there probably isn’t an excessive amount of credits being generated in the game. The problem is all the credits that were generated before 7.0 was released. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss
Spelling & formatting

58 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Yeah, I agree. I do think BioWare removed a lot of the old credit generating things, especially all that extra armor/gear we got from the 6.x system. 

I know lots of players, including my wife who use to just sell that stuff  instead of deconstructing. I’m sure that was a big contributor to hyperinflation starting about a year before 7.0 even launched.

Once I got a full set of each of those armor sets from doing the Heroic turn ins, I also used to sell the excess for credits. I didn’t realise they’d removed that 🤷🏻‍♀️

With Eric’s post, I kind of read between the lines. Sort of figured most of the old time players would do the same. I guess he could have been more concise. But that would have meant admitting they made a mistake, something we know they rarely, if ever do 😉.

I totally agree with you. That there probably isn’t an excessive amount of credits being generated in the game. The problem is all the credits that were generated before 7.0 was released. 

Here's what I have so far, before I go to sleep:

37 minutes   -level 2    20 credits    (spent some time going through the 80 emails for character creation)
60 minutes   -level 10   2500 credits
conquest completion = 25k credit chip
105 minutes   -level 15    54k   (conquest + 4 heroics - Hutta)

47 minutes ago, Darev said:

Here's what I have so far, before I go to sleep:

37 minutes   -level 2    20 credits    (spent some time going through the 80 emails for character creation)
60 minutes   -level 10   2500 credits
conquest completion = 25k credit chip
105 minutes   -level 15    54k   (conquest + 4 heroics - Hutta)

54k is a pretty good start for a level 15. I’m sure like me, you remember being dirt poor at lvl 15 in the earlier years of swtor. I couldn’t even afford mounts or some training & id have to prioritise.

If you do daily conquest on multiple characters, the credit rewards would start to build up faster too. I wonder how much an average player could conceivably make daily by swapping Alts each time they completed Conquest?

Im also wondering how much this would be building up if you tested on the current PTS where they’ve already added costs for QT etc? 

The quicktravel cost is not a credit sink it is just an annoyance.

What would be really great is to add unlocking collections (or any other cartel coin exclusive unlock) for a large amount of credits.

Edited by Nyrolf

3 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

54k is a pretty good start for a level 15. I’m sure like me, you remember being dirt poor at lvl 15 in the earlier years of swtor. I couldn’t even afford mounts or some training & id have to prioritise.

If you do daily conquest on multiple characters, the credit rewards would start to build up faster too. I wonder how much an average player could conceivably make daily by swapping Alts each time they completed Conquest?

Im also wondering how much this would be building up if you tested on the current PTS where they’ve already added costs for QT etc? 

We must also take into consideration, that normal player will not go after heroics on their own. Unless they play with friends, or are in the group by chance, they wont do it, So qonquest is their only source of income at this point, as credits looted from started planets mobs and quests are negligible.

The other part is that once they get into fleet, they will likely spend a ton on looking "fly", instead of a mess gear they get, they will likely set up a look that vibes with them, using the cheapest pieces possible, most likely spending all the money they earned. xD

Also this game does not teach players its features by example. You have to read it in blocks of texts being thrown at you by tutorials and lets be serious, the average gamer has an attention span of a goldsifh for such things. Unless they change that, there will never be new players not affected by quick travel "money sink".

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

This was my 37th toon on SS.   Where I could swap alts all day long to get conquest points, how many people are THAT determined?

However, it IS that type of data that I'm looking for...how many credits are being generated.

Also, 10k of it was from the conquest mission you get on fleet.  The one time "complete a conquest" freebie.

As for comparing to PTS....I did use QT several times.  I did warp to my SH several times.   Maybe I'd have 10% less?

I also did NOT go through the legacy perk menu and spend the 10 million I normally do to unlock a bunch of stuff.

8 hours ago, Darev said:

4 heroics - Hutta

I found out that you can run the Hostage Situation Cleanup first, and then again as a follow-up to Hostage Situation, so you actually get 5 heroics when you run Hutta. Not sure if that generates a significant increase in credits, or if anyone else does it this way, but this is how I do it every time, now.

1 hour ago, Darev said:

This was my 37th toon on SS.   Where I could swap alts all day long to get conquest points, how many people are THAT determined?

However, it IS that type of data that I'm looking for...how many credits are being generated.

Also, 10k of it was from the conquest mission you get on fleet.  The one time "complete a conquest" freebie.

As for comparing to PTS....I did use QT several times.  I did warp to my SH several times.   Maybe I'd have 10% less?

I also did NOT go through the legacy perk menu and spend the 10 million I normally do to unlock a bunch of stuff.

You may not have spent credits you got from before. But there are things you still have that you cannot remove to emulate the experience:

You likely already have 150% SH bonus.

You also probably have a lot (or all) legacy perks unlocked.

You have over 10 years of game experience. And you probably have more knowledge of conquest than most veteran players, centainly more undestanding of it than all Devs combined.

A new player has none of those. I agree with Gibonski that a newbie is likely to avoid the heroics for some time. And every starting planet is different. Thyton has only one heroic; and it is easy to get there before you are ready (i too often see newbies without comp getting destroyed) and easy to miss when you are ready (as in before leaving the planet).

The actual newbie experience in general is something none of us can't test. Sure, is a LOT easier now than it used to be; but in terms of credits let's see some of the things a newbie will be interested in getting:

* inventory slots

* exp bonus

* companion bonus

* companion gifts

* mods for your weapons (you get at least a moddable one)

* crafting

* First stronghold

* Stronhold expansions

* legacy perks

* I don't even know when do new players get a mount without spending several K on one. We used to get it from first FP, but that was removed i think.

* cosmetics/outfitter: Ironically, is cheaper for veterans than newbies because we can just pay for many outfits at level one and save a lot of credits while for a newbie it will take some time and at that point it will be more expensive.

Even if in first planets QT cost up to 500 (just a random number) and has long cooldown, those credits will go against the things they may want and most of us already have or get way easier.

BTW: I have been slowly reading this thread for some time since my first post (been preparing a better/longer response). Your imput was really missed, glad you joined.

18 hours ago, Darev said:

Nothing I know of.

Excellent points. I also sell Flag Ship plans, OEMs, and RPMs, and none of that is putting more credits in the economy. The Flagship plans are a credit sink.