Game Update 7.2: Showdown on Ruhnuk launches December 13th!

JackieKo

8 hours ago, cosmicchar said:

Count me as one of those who mainly play for story. I find KOTFE and KOTET to be the peak of the SWTOR story. Well written characters and worldbuilding of Zakuul, and it looked way more cinematic than everything else. Playing through those was when I had the most fun in the entire game, and I would love another expansion like that. Just a detailed story with frequent updates would be the ideal for me. But at the end of the day, this is an MMO and not a movie, so I'll just accept the balance between updating the story or game elements.

I like where the story’s going so far, with Mandalorian politics and the Nul mysteries. Excited for next week!

At the risk of derailing, those expansion stories were, narratively speaking, among some of the worst things to happen to this game. Hope the Mando story brings some heat though!

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

6 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

uhh , looks like the "sparring" is happening over on PVP forums....  https://forums.swtor.com/topic/926287-follow-ups-on-pvp-in-72/  ... And i guess now i get the answer i previously pondered above ^^  (about leaderboards  idea ) .

Sparing:  could be serious at times ... but with a totally different attitude!
What you're describing in the PvP forums ....  that's more like "aggressive negotiations" 

😉

In either case .. I think the two of us are still looking forward to the new release!

35 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

i always look forward to Launch Days , even  if i don't particularly agree with  ALL the changes.

---

By the way, for those unaware and interested in the  PVP changes, here is some new info to read: https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20221209

Ya know ... It's kind of funny how folks are already unhappy.  Almost sounds like when the 'ol nerf bat swings at someone else it's one thing ... BUT when it swings over their head (not so much fun).

I think I'll just sit tight and wait!  From everything I've heard it should be good. (Maybe even a slight improvement in acquiring some gear).

I'm also pleasantly surprised at the launch date!  [/two thumbs up for the team]

• Like 2

On 12/8/2022 at 10:54 AM, JackieKo said:

Yes, you need to complete the Manaan critpath, including Ruins of Nul and Digging Deeper, on any character you want to do the Showdown on Ruhnuk story on.

So, another update that is unfriendly to players having more than a couple alts. If you allowed players with multiple alts to skip content based on legacy achievements (meaning if I've completed the story at least once on imp and rep side) it would make more people want to go to the new planets and not have them be empty two weeks after they are released.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 12/8/2022 at 12:56 AM, JackieKo said:

Hi everyone, 

We just announced that 7.2 will be coming December 13th. This also means that is when Life Day will begin! We'll have more details on expected downtime posted later this week.

I know a character transfer sale has been requested for a while now, so I'm happy to say that from now until January 9th, a 50% off sale for character transfers will be active. We will also be running a Double XP event on December 20th. :) 

In the meantime, enjoy this teaser clip of Showdown on Ruhnuk and we will see you all next week! 

Thanks!

Is the Double XP event only on the 20th or is it starting on the 20th and running how long? The way it is worded sounds like only one day.

On 12/10/2022 at 5:56 AM, Lt_Awoke said:

So, another update that is unfriendly to players having more than a couple alts. If you allowed players with multiple alts to skip content based on legacy achievements (meaning if I've completed the story at least once on imp and rep side) it would make more people want to go to the new planets and not have them be empty two weeks after they are released.

I disagree. I just take alts I want to do the whole story with through it. It doesn't make sense to take non force users through it imo.

14 hours ago, lukeisjedi said:

I disagree. I just take alts I want to do the whole story with through it. It doesn't make sense to take non force users through it imo.

That I understand, but when you put reputation associated with the new areas, and you only have one or two people that can get the rep, it makes for a really long, unnecessary grind for that reputation and for conquest objectives since ones that haven't been through the story will never be able to do those objectives.

• Dev Post

Hi everyone, 

A few items to reiterate/confirm now that 7.2 is here: 

• Regarding the new game launcher, we are seeing reports that players are confused about a full game download being shown in the progress bar. Reiterating what we have posted previously that what you are visually seeing is not a full download, rather the true download is only the new data and everything else is being scanned to look for the new data. We understand that visually this is confusing and are working on a solution for the progress bar. In short, you are not downloading the full game, only the 7.2 patch. 
  • Double XP will be running from December 20th to December 27th. Info can be found in the patch notes
  • Details about upcoming sales will be posted next week! 

Thanks! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

38 minutes ago, JackieKo said:

• Regarding the new game launcher, we are seeing reports that players are confused about a full game download being shown in the progress bar. Reiterating what we have posted previously that what you are visually seeing is not a full download, rather the true download is only the new data and everything else is being scanned to look for the new data. We understand that visually this is confusing and are working on a solution for the progress bar. In short, you are not downloading the full game, only the 7.2 patch.

You still need 25gb free space on your hard drive though. During the download process my computer lost 25gb+ hard drive space but once the download had been completed and the play button was highlighted it gave me back the 25gb it had taken. If you don't have 25gb free space on your computer though, surely you can't download the update?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JackieKo said:

Hi everyone, 

• Double XP will be running from December 20th to December 27th. Info can be found in the patch notes
  • Details about upcoming sales will be posted next week! 

Thanks! 

Hello Jackie,

When I tried downloading the patch, it tried to eat up 25GB of space on my hard disk. However I did not have 25GB of space on the disk it was downloading the patch to, so my disk went to 100% and the launcher stopped working. It did not complete the patch or progress or give any error. Furthermore, when I closed the launcher and relaunched it, the launcher was stuck on the "The launcher is looking for available updates...". It won't even get to the spot where it asks me to log in.

It is incredibly messy if a minor patch requires you to have 25GB of free space. Furthermore the launcher didn't even check if there is enough space. It proceeded to write to the disk and fill up the entire disk with no way to recover from it. What is the recommended solution? Do I need to uninstall and reinstall the entire game?

Edited by Akushii
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Dev Post
4 hours ago, PLeahC said:

You still need 25gb free space on your hard drive though. During the download process my computer lost 25gb+ hard drive space but once the download had been completed and the play button was highlighted it gave me back the 25gb it had taken. If you don't have 25gb free space on your computer though, surely you can't download the update?

This is common behavior for patchers as they set aside temp space for downloads and installs. It's cached data that is being reserved in the hard drive. 

2 hours ago, Akushii said:

Hello Jackie,

When I tried downloading the patch, it tried to eat up 25GB of space on my hard disk. However I did not have 25GB of space on the disk it was downloading the patch to, so my disk went to 100% and the launcher stopped working. It did not complete the patch or progress or give any error. Furthermore, when I closed the launcher and relaunched it, the launcher was stuck on the "The launcher is looking for available updates...". It won't even get to the spot where it asks me to log in.

It is incredibly messy if a minor patch requires you to have 25GB of free space. Furthermore the launcher didn't even check if there is enough space. It proceeded to write to the disk and fill up the entire disk with no way to recover from it. What is the recommended solution? Do I need to uninstall and reinstall the entire game?

7.2 is not a minor patch, but what you're describing is very odd behavior. Based off the info you provided, we do recommend a re-install. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, sGroggy said:

Why so defensive.

I'm sure this is gonna come off as  'white-knighting'  (or BioWare defending) but the way i read  JackieKo's  statement was merely as a point of clarification  to help that poster she quoted realize  why new Launcher auto-default requires  "25 gigs" or whatever.

• Like 1

The story is really good, with quality length too. If this is what we get for every .X updates, I'm good with it.

Rass is very cute, I want more of him. I like to see more Torian, wish I kept him alive on my main. I wonder if the writers regret or are not happy about that Vette vs Torian option (don't know if they're the same writing group) because he could have played a major role in this Mando story arc if not for that stupid kill option.

The new map is great, helps me a lot who gets lost both irl and in game lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.