The Best View in SWTOR Contest is back!

JackieKo

• Dev Post

HI all, 

We announced the second Best View in SWTOR contest yesterday. It will run until October 12th. The ten chosen planets are: 

• Alderaan
  • Coruscant
  • Dromund Kaas
  • Hoth
  • Quesh
  • Taris
  • Manaan
  • Rishi
  • Odessen
  • Iokath

We're looking forward to seeing all of your screenshots! Please be sure to fully read through the article linked above for all the guidelines. 

Also, I am curious to know if you all saw/were aware of the contest based off of the announcement post on the right side of the forums main page. If you saw it, didn't pay attention to it, and/or would prefer threads be created in conjunction with announcements, let me know! This is a new feature that I want to utilize in the future for events such as these. 

Thanks!

Jackie

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JackieKo said:

Also, I am curious to know if you all saw/were aware of the contest based off of the announcement post on the right side of the forums main page. If you saw it, didn't pay attention to it, and/or would prefer threads be created in conjunction with announcements, let me know! This is a new feature that I want to utilize in the future for events such as these. 

I hadn't noticed that because I'm used to just bookmarking the general discussion and dev tracker. I didn't bookmark the old forum main page because half the screen was filled with the top section community stuff that never changed. It was more convenient to just bookmark the specific things I wanted to see. I will try bookmarking the main page now and see how it goes.

2 hours ago, JackieKo said:

We announced the second Best View in SWTOR contest yesterday. It will run until October 12th.

Also, I am curious to know if you all saw/were aware of the contest based off of the announcement post on the right side of the forums main page. If you saw it, didn't pay attention to it,

Honestly  Jackie,  i barely noticed it and sorta  thought it was an accidental sticky of LAST YEAR's  old thread  lol  my bad!  ( i'm still having  trouble getting used to these new  forums & layout , etc.  ... But i'm trying. :cool: )

6 hours ago, Sarova said:

I'm really please this competition is back. Hopefully I'll do better than last year!

Same yeah.  /pep-talk

3 hours ago, ronin_chi_lao said:

I vote we can send in either location. 

Agreed , but  hopefully we get official clarification soon.

p.s.  hey  @JackieKo or  @CommunityTeam :  shouldn't this thread also be *stickied*  ^^  ...?  :confused:

Really happy to see this contest return. I already submitted shots for a few planets but hopefully I'll come up with some more.

As for the announcement, I first saw it on Twitter and then also noticed it on the forum sidebar. I was a bit surprised when this post came up on the dev tracker because my mind kinda went "wasn't this already announced yesterday" without realising that it had only been posted on other channels.

On 10/1/2022 at 6:57 AM, codydmaan said:

. There's no real incentive.

SH decorators  strongly disagree with you. :ph_lol:

Plus, this contest is very fun for players like me who truly enjoy  exploring the 'galaxy'  (rather than same old  boring  kill-loot-trollfleetchat-rinse-repeat  routine) .

p.s.  As i already posted earlier ^^ , why is this thread still not  STICKIED yet?!?!?!  :confused:

Edited by Nee-Elder

Just thought about this reading the instructions and rules, etc., It says the winner of whatever planet gets picked, they get a gilded Version of their winning shot. Wouldn't it be nice for the winners to get the package of all the ones pick from this contest??? Just a thought...

On 9/30/2022 at 2:35 PM, ThanderSnB said:

I hadn't noticed that because I'm used to just bookmarking the general discussion and dev tracker. I didn't bookmark the old forum main page because half the screen was filled with the top section community stuff that never changed. It was more convenient to just bookmark the specific things I wanted to see. I will try bookmarking the main page now and see how it goes.

Same.  I bookmarked straight into General.  General is where I find most of the information I'm looking for, and where I post most of my comments and such.  Maybe I'll look around the other categories to see if it would be worth bookmarking.

8 hours ago, Master_Neaj said:

It says the winner of whatever planet gets picked, they get a gilded Version of their winning shot.

Wouldn't it be nice for the winners to get the package of all the ones pick from this contest???

No because  i'm pretty sure the whole purpose of the  'gold/gilded' version is to make it  exclusive (rare) for only that specific  planet's  submitter/player.

We all (all players in the game) get the regular  eventual  version at the Fleet vendor, iirc.

• Like 2

On 10/9/2022 at 5:27 PM, WorldSmasher said:

Maybe I'll look around the other categories to see if it would be worth bookmarking.

Hope  you (and others)  go check out this NEW thread i just posted:  https://forums.swtor.com/topic/925330-show-off-your-best-vistasviews-from-2022-contest-that-you-didnt-send   ....for anyone to add their own  not-sent  "Best"  screenshot vistas too! :csw_alderaan:

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: sorry for the double post back-to-back

• 1 month later...
On 9/30/2022 at 8:41 PM, JackieKo said:

Thanks!

Jackie

I've only just seen your (above) question, which I don't think any of us have replied to.  I didn't notice the "Second Best View" competition announcement on the forum; I saw it the the main SWTOR page news section (29th Sept).

• 2 weeks later...