Maintenance: October 18, 2022

JackieKo

5 hours ago, casirabit said:

While I am not an ops player, I have been here long enough that even a nerf affects just the regular player and it can mess up a casual player just as well.  If they are nerfing something then it would make sense it is not just going to mess up the operation players, but everyone, and frankly I have grown tired of all their nerfs and BW tends to nerf something without taking everything into consideration.  

Couldn't agree more. I don't do Ops and I don't PVP any more but a nerf does effect the casual player. Their attempts at balance never works and I'm wondering what stats they use for these nerfs. I stopped playing my lightning Sorc because of previous nerfs and it looks like they are trying their darnedest to make me stop playing her again. Taking longer to kill a mob isn't exciting, it's boring.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, MishaCantu said:

. Taking longer to kill a mob isn't exciting, it's boring.

i think i've run out of my 'click reactions'  today already , but i just wanna say i totally AGREE with you ^ there yep.   And it's the same point i've been trying/annoying  BioWare about since 2011 but they just refuse to listen (to that basic point) .

What makes  fighting mobs  exciting is, imo ,  HOW the mobs fight.  Their special moves , their ai , their animations , etc. etc. etc.

*To BioWare's recent credit, it does seem like  certain boss fights  have become less about  high-health and more about  tactics & teamwork.  (hint:  R-4  Op )

Edited by Nee-Elder
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

i think i've run out of my 'click reactions'  today already , but i just wanna say i totally AGREE with you ^ there yep.   And it's the same point i've been trying/annoying  BioWare about since 2011 but they just refuse to listen (to that basic point) .

What makes  fighting mobs  exciting is, imo ,  HOW the mobs fight.  Their special moves , their ai , their animations , etc. etc. etc.

*To BioWare's recent credit, it does seem like  certain boss fights  have become less about  high-health and more about  tactics & teamwork.  (hint:  R-4  Op )

As i do believe changes to class effect alot of players not just hardcore ones. When it comes to non op stuff most mobs in this game are killed with like 1-4 abls. And 4 usually being champ but if you do your rotation very few times do you even have to do your rotation outside of ops. Even while leveling most fights are trivial. But when it comes to moves, ai, etc. That is less on class balance and more on boss fight creation. But i totally see what you are saying and agree. 

No mention that Fanged God Form tactical is still required for the Jedi Knight tactical achievement despite not being in the game for 10 months. How hard is it to fix that?

As well no Kai Zyyken bug fix. Just want people to keep having to spend extra credits and tech frags I guess for people who want those achievements and legacy titles. If no fix incoming for this bug they should implement getting a full refund of the Taskmaster Chest piece when you get it over and over again despite needing other pieces.

More bug fixed desperately needed.

• Like 3

On 10/16/2022 at 12:54 PM, Nee-Elder said:

Why would someone bother paying  extra  money$'s  to unlock something that's so easy/fast to unlock just by simply PLAYING the game? :confused:

5 minutes of my time is worth more than a battle pass. Not everybody is broke ...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Alithia said:

5 minutes of my time is worth more than a battle pass. Not everybody is broke ...

No it's not. The battle pass is free and you are spending cartel coins to get what exactly? Throw your money out of the window is a more worthwhile investment because you might get something back if a nice person catches it. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, ZUHFB said:

No it's not. The battle pass is free and you are spending cartel coins to get what exactly? Throw your money out of the window is a more worthwhile investment because you might get something back if a nice person catches it. 

Right I mean you can buy almost everything off gtn or player trades. I've never bought A cartel item with $ and I teach people in my guild what to sell on the gtn for profits. Cuz it really is pointless and a waste. Just use these Seasons for the coins and wait till the unlock costs go on 3/4 off and wham you've unlocked everything on all chars for free.

And you can play the Seasons on other servers as well and make double coins + 

Edited by codydmaan

3 hours ago, codydmaan said:

Right I mean you can buy almost everything off gtn or player trades. I've never bought A cartel item with $ and I teach people in my guild what to sell on the gtn for profits. Cuz it really is pointless and a waste. Just use these Seasons for the coins and wait till the unlock costs go on 3/4 off and wham you've unlocked everything on all chars for free.

And you can play the Seasons on other servers as well and make double coins + 

You're flaunting that a little too much in the open for my liking, as if they couldn't "adjust" how GS 'rewards' us 😒Yeah, we know. Its a good deal right now but some of yall need to cool it.

33 minutes ago, DarthCasus said:

You're flaunting that a little too much in the open for my liking, as if they couldn't "adjust" how GS 'rewards' us 😒Yeah, we know. Its a good deal right now but some of yall need to cool it.

Na I'm actually for people not paying for cartel coins. Since the devs aren't doing a great job managing the servers for over a year now. 

And since everything in game is easily accessable I teach tons of guildies how to make creds off the gtn, what to craft what to sell, for anything they want. 

Plus our guild runs events where we give tons of prizes out for events we run (not just conquest) 

I dont concider that flaunting as im not bragging. Thats helping the community.

On 10/15/2022 at 12:52 AM, JackieKo said:

Hey everyone,

We will be taking the servers offline on October 18, 2022 to deploy Game Update 7.1.1!

Details:
DATE: October 18, 2022
TIME: 7:00 AM - 12:00 PM CT (12:00 PM - 5:00 PM UTC)
VERSION: 7.1.1

Patch notes will be available on Monday, here: https://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

Thank you!

Next time do this IN EVENING AND NOT AFTERNOON.... They never learn

17 minutes ago, RoyalKinn said:

Next time do this IN EVENING AND NOT AFTERNOON.... They never learn

This is pretty much the same time they always do maintenance and updates. What is convenient for some, may be inconvenient for others. It would still be the same if they changed the time to fit your needs. It will be inconvenient for someone else. So just let Bioware do what is convenient for them.

I dont usually make these kinds of posts but I am beyond disappointed that Mercs got no help.  Literally dead last and you buff specs near the top of the list and do nothin to help us. 
I have mained Merc thru good and bad but its hard to do when no one wants you for groups. 
For the first time ever im not maining Merc, not because i dont want to, but because i effectively cant. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CommunityTeam said:

Hi folks,

Today’s maintenance has been extended with no ETA. We will post an update as soon as we have more info.

I think we all knew this was going to happen. 

Better get it right the first time. Or 2nd, 3rd etc.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Floplag said:

I dont usually make these kinds of posts but I am beyond disappointed that Mercs got no help.  Literally dead last and you buff specs near the top of the list and do nothin to help us. 
I have mained Merc thru good and bad but its hard to do when no one wants you for groups. 
For the first time ever im not maining Merc, not because i dont want to, but because i effectively cant. 

Hey, they do something for you - they bring Lightning down to the bottom, so you don't feel lonely anymore.
Their DPS estimations must be total garbage

47 minutes ago, Floplag said:

Posts like this only feed their dark side. 

Now I have a picture in my mind of someone at the studio yelling "quick, get the popcorn" as they anticipate people's response to your post.

4 minutes ago, codydmaan said:

I think we all knew this was going to happen. 

Better get it right the first time. Or 2nd, 3rd etc.

Yup, I'm not wholly surprised. Tbh I just anticipate not being able to play on an update day. Better it done well than poorly, but I'd rather them say "taking it down for 24 hours" and be surprised when it's back up sooner.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Exly said:

Now I have a picture in my mind of someone at the studio yelling "quick, get the popcorn" as they anticipate people's response to your post.

I would say, it feeds their "melee" side.
I am pretty sure they only play melees (if they play the game at all): "Look, those crap range players are yelling again. HAHAHA - get the popcorn, we are nerfing them endlessly - HAHAHAHA"

• Confused 1

Just now, Exly said:

People's paranoa/conspiracy  is always that Developers/Coders  feed on gamer's tears  like Jabba on monkey-lizards. :csw_jabba:

Truth is, some devs  get a small kick out of the whole "sky is falling!!"  type sentiments, but for the most part: devs are too busy CODING  to pay much attention to any forum thread freak-outs.

They typically are only governed by deadlines & NUMBERS.  For better or worse. :cool:

26 minutes ago, CommunityTeam said:

Hi folks,

Today’s maintenance has been extended with no ETA. We will post an update as soon as we have more info.

Just curious. Why would you post an extension One Hour before you prior estimated conclusion time? This was posted at 4 hours after your start and your estimated update downtime was 5 hours? I can imagine the horrors you are involved with if you are noticing that you have to extend it an hour before it's supposed to finish anyways.

• Like 1