Maintenance: October 18, 2022

JackieKo

2 hours ago, JakRoanin said:

Woah that's fast.   But there goes my chance to finish Underworld Rep. 

ikr  , me too  ugh   /pep-talk

1 hour ago, LadyAdmiral said:

correct link to patch notes: https://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

Was  Jackie's  OP  edited after you posted?  (cuz it looks like you both have the exact same link  correctly,  no? )

• Like 1

I would like to thank you guys in advance for un-nerfing Razor's Kickstart, really. Its been a staggeringly rough year but this one act of pure kindness and justice really has me near speechless. Always happy to applaud one of my favorite games taking any and every chance to refocus on the fun factor that so many great franchises seem quick to discard these days. High fives all around, team! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Devs, I know getting a patch finalized and scheduled is a big undertaking, but can you guys give us a little more lead time in the future?

It's inconvenient to have an announcement out of the blue just a few days before it goes live, especially for something big like a new Galactic Season.

Edited by rylixav
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, rylixav said:

Devs, I know getting a patch finalized and scheduled is a big undertaking, but can you guys give us a little more lead time in the future?

It's inconvenient to have an announcement out of the blue just a few days before it goes live, especially for something big like a new Galactic Season.

It's possible the files for GS3 will be included in the update, but new season won't go live until later. I guess we'll see on Monday. :jawa_biggrin:

9 hours ago, Alithia said:

How much was the last GS2 in USD? Around 100?

Why would someone bother paying  extra  money$'s  to unlock something that's so easy/fast to unlock just by simply PLAYING the game? :confused:

But anyways,  iirc, wasn't the total amount of Cartel-coins earned by end of 'level 100' something like 5000 coins?  In which case, spending anymore  extra money than that eventual CC amount  would be a total waste, no?

*sorry if  i'm misunderstanding your question @Alithia

p.s.  According to this BIOWARE post:  https://forums.swtor.com/topic/925060-game-update-711/#comments  .... Galactic Seasons 3  is indeed supposed to be released this TUESDAY with 7.1.1 :ph_cheers:

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: perhaps tuesday does = GS3 ?
  • Like 1

On 10/15/2022 at 11:31 AM, codydmaan said:

90+% of the community

Really? You checked with 90% of the community? You know 88.4% of people devalue a post made with unfounded claims, right?

Not only that, but there are still a good portion of players who don't care even one iota about these changes, since they don't do competitive or high-end content. Are these people included in your 90%, or do you conveniently leave them out? Maybe you just use the forums, or your personal friend group as a barometer? Less than a percent of the playerbase. We should speak for ourselves, and not try to inflate our position artificially.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2022 at 12:54 PM, Nee-Elder said:

p.s.  According to this BIOWARE post:  https://forums.swtor.com/topic/925060-game-update-711/#comments  .... Galactic Seasons 3  is indeed supposed to be released this TUESDAY with 7.1.1

Not the way I read it.

Just because something is coming in a patch, doesn't mean it's active from day 1. It could easily be actived at some point during the lifespan of 7.1.1, so don't get your hopes up too high. Besides, the post states we'll get more info about S3 and that has yet to happen, so it could be next week or the week after or the week before christmas...

19 hours ago, WHTJunior said:

Really? You checked with 90% of the community? You know 88.4% of people devalue a post made with unfounded claims, right?

Not only that, but there are still a good portion of players who don't care even one iota about these changes, since they don't do competitive or high-end content. Are these people included in your 90%, or do you conveniently leave them out? Maybe you just use the forums, or your personal friend group as a barometer? Less than a percent of the playerbase. We should speak for ourselves, and not try to inflate our position artificially.

While I am not an ops player, I have been here long enough that even a nerf affects just the regular player and it can mess up a casual player just as well.  If they are nerfing something then it would make sense it is not just going to mess up the operation players, but everyone, and frankly I have grown tired of all their nerfs and BW tends to nerf something without taking everything into consideration.  

• Like 2