Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Maintenance: October 18, 2022

JackieKo

1 minute ago, DuchessKristania said:

So, wasn't Feast of Prosperity supposed to start as well? Or was there a different date for that and I just missed it? I fully acknowledge I may have misread something. I just thought it was supposed to start, and there is nothing there for me.

Feast of Prosperity is to run from Nov 1 through 29, according to the patch notes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DuchessKristania said:

So, wasn't Feast of Prosperity supposed to start as well? Or was there a different date for that and I just missed it? I full acknowledge I may have misread something.

Check the patch notes again and you'll see it says....

Starting November 1st at 12:00 PM UTC until November 29th at 12:00 PM UTC.

....  so hopefully  the EVENTS page will update accordingly in a couple weeks yep.

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: jinx post AGAIN now i owe more BLUE-MILK to Lyriel ^ this time!
  • Like 1

So among a bunch of minor changes, there was supposed to be Galactic Seasons 3, and the nerfing of 2 classes (Lightning/TK and AP/AS) that were already pretty low in the dps pecking order. You accomplished only the negative things, and couldn't have the one exciting thing ready to go. But you made sure those nerfs were flawlessly ready to go. Great job. How about next time, and all of the times after, put primary focus on the things that will make people happy, make sure that's ready, and *then* work on nerfing classes that don't need to be, and things like that. Also, the insanely inflated economy is the biggest problem in the game right now, bar none. There's no good reason for that not to be a main focus for the next update, along with content, and fixing content. Nerfs should be extremely low on the totem pole, especially the kind that aren't even done to top performers.

Edited by ElricGrey
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ambrodel said:

Maybe in the future don't take statements like mine as a "challenge" and keep your thinly veiled insults to yourself 

Well, i was still right and you were still wrong. (yesterday) ;)

And who knows, maybe BioWare will fix  GS3  by end of day today (tuesday) and i'll be right AGAIN.

Regardless, chill out a bit  btw , no one is  "insulting" you by pointing out  FACTS that i predicted came true and you (for whatever odd reason) did not.   In other words, just because you were wrong about one thing in the history of these forums doesn't mean i have any opinion about YOU or your person.

Take care and remember these are just words & emoji's ,  not weapons & entitlements.  Peace! :csw_c3po:

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: patch day = rage day for some
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, lukeisjedi said:

I don't understand why people are getting so upset. Issues with patches happen. IF it was data corruption they have to fix that before they can launch it. simple.

People understand that issues with patches happen.  However, when they start happening with EVERY SINGLE patch, people start to get upset.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Screaming_Ziva said:

People understand that issues with patches happen.  However, when they start happening with EVERY SINGLE patch, people start to get upset.

I also wouldn't mind if there are some issues every patch. This can happen with service games and do so at better companies like paradox. But the difference is that we get content there. Frequently.

It was a little bit with 7.0. The Update was announced very short term so I had to hurry to finish some things before the new update till it was postponed a day before? I do not really care any more. I still like the game and are not really surprised to see that content can not be delivered on time.

Again. This can happen. But I honestly don't see that the devs are trying to improve.

31 minutes ago, JackieKo said:

No update to share right now, but I assure you the team is working as quickly as possible to get GS3 out to you all. 

Not too quickly I hope. I'm heavily dreading the grind as per use. Hope it isn't too bad this time around and we actually have a bit more time between hitting 100 and GS3 ending.

Edit: The main problem being that you need 100 weekly objectives for everything. That takes forever. It really should be just hit 100.

Edited by NicoleMay

2 minutes ago, JackieKo said:

No update to share right now, but I assure you the team is working as quickly as possible to get GS3 out to you all. 

TYVM !  Much appreciated!

I'm also guessing that someone is working on that new SH ?   (I'm anticipating a certain request that has been around for a couple years now) 

And, as usual in the field of game development and coding in general, if there is a problem that can, if all things work out, be fixed within 1 hour, they guys actually fixing the problem usually give an inflated estimate of 5 hours to their boss in order to cover their bases in case anything goes wrong.

That, to quote another franchise, is the "scotty" school of answers. That's how he became the "miracle worker". (Trek meets Starwars  - The Borg vs. the Death Star. Film at 11.)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.