Game Update 7.1.1

JackieKo

Lastly, access to the Collector’s Edition vendor has been highly requested over the years, so we are creating a path for players to access this vendor with the purchase of an access pass that can be obtained from the Cartel Market. Once the item is consumed, it will unlock the ability to speak to the CE vendor, grant access to the VIP area where the vendor is located, and it will unlock account-wide. Below are the items that are available on the vendor:

• 7 companion customizations (Ashara Zavros, 3x Deshade, Kaliyo Djannis, Mako, Vette)
  • 5 pieces of the Imperial Trooper armor set
  • 4 Dye Modules
  • 3 Pets
  • 2 Statue stronghold decorations
  • 1 'Scanner' helmet

We will share more details about Game Update 7.1.1 in future forum posts and articles, so stay tuned for more!

Jackie

There is also a 5-piece Republic Officer set on the other faction, along with:

That's what is on the Empire vendor. The Republic vendor has different companion customizations: Aric Jorgan, Corso Riggs, Qyzen, and T7.

One suggestion, make all the customizations Bind to Legacy instead of Bind on Pickup since companions can end up working with someone of the opposite faction once our characters start recruiting people in KotFE/KoTET.

Maybe add them all to Collections, so that they can be retrieved at any time, by any character on the account?

Edited by WHTJunior

It would depend on the items you can get with your tokens. I still have fifteen tokens from the last one. Why? Because I have all the companions and there is nothing on the vendor that I need or want. I also have both strongholds so what is the sense of having tokens you can't spend? They forget that there are some people that already have most of the items they place on the vendor so the tokens I cannot use so I can't get any more unless I spend them and spend them on what?

I have the same problem: capped on seasons tokens and nothing to use them on.

Hi everyone,

We wanted to give you a snapshot overview of the next update that’s coming, Game Update 7.1.1, which is currently targeting a Fall 2022 release:

• Galactic Seasons 3! We will have more details available at a later time, but we can share that this upcoming season is Galactic Gaming themed.
  • Feast of Prosperity Event returns with new rewards
  • Features for Outfitter for ability to name and favorite outfits
  • Conquest objectives for the Manaan Daily Area
  • Class balance changes (see below for more details)

It’s important to note that this release could change in terms of timeline and the above content includes what is currently slated for this update at the time of this post.

I know that many of you were wondering about the release of Galactic Seasons 3 in particular, and I’m happy to share that its release is targeted for this upcoming update. We’re looking forward to sharing additional details soon, so be on the lookout for more info soon!

Lastly, access to the Collector’s Edition vendor has been highly requested over the years, so we are creating a path for players to access this vendor with the purchase of an access pass that can be obtained from the Cartel Market. Once the item is consumed, it will unlock the ability to speak to the CE vendor, grant access to the VIP area where the vendor is located, and it will unlock account-wide. Below are the items that are available on the vendor:

• 7 companion customizations (Ashara Zavros, 3x Deshade, Kaliyo Djannis, Mako, Vette)
  • 4 Dye Modules
  • 3 Pets
  • 1 'Scanner' helmet

We will share more details about Game Update 7.1.1 in future forum posts and articles, so stay tuned for more!

Jackie

/puppy-dog-pleading eyes: No Story? No Rivix? No Arn?

No Quinn/Aric/Vector/Theron/Arcann/Torian/Doc/Felix/Zenith/Scourge/Koth/Andronikos/Corso*? /cry

*Not expecting any interactions with our/my good old LIs but feels wrong not to include them :)

At least the Hutt Dinner Party is back - bring on the World Boss Frenzy :)

• Like 1

• 4 Dye Modules
  • 3 Pets
  • 1 'Scanner' helmet

Error.

On the Pubside Fleet, the vendor sells the Republic Officer armour, and not the Imperial Trooper armour. I believe the companion stuff is for Pubside companions.

• Features for Outfitter for ability to name and favorite outfits

That's nice, but is that all the changes the Outfitter will see? People proposed a while ago to also tie character title, legacy title and personal flair to an outfit. I believe people were also asking about being able to stamp the weapons of both combat styles to an outfit to there wouldn't be the need to have to make two separate outfits with different weapons if they are otherwise incompatible (i.e. Sage and Shadow, or Vanguard and Gunslinger).

Edited by BenKatarn

When we can expect any info about rewards or more explanation about that "Galactic Gaming" theme?

Also, more or less the date except fall? Like, early, medium or late fall maybe?

Also, will 7.1.1 update have any story as well? I mean, I know we won't get Ruhnuk and in general a lot of story in 7.1.1 so we have to wait for 7.2 which at this rate will be in 2023... year of new content...

So any story? Even 5 minutes cutscene to continue the newest stories a bit?

• Like 1

When we can expect any info about rewards or more explanation about that "Galactic Gaming" theme?

Also, more or less the date except fall? Like, early, medium or late fall maybe?

Also, will 7.1.1 update have any story as well? I mean, I know we won't get Ruhnuk and in general a lot of story in 7.1.1 so we have to wait for 7.2 which at this rate will be in 2023... year of new content...

So any story? Even 5 minutes cutscene to continue the newest stories a bit?

I'd rather wait for 7.2 than just a five minute cutscene. I enjoy the content they release so I'm willing to wait.

• Like 1

I enjoy content as well, if there is any new content. My problem is that their new content is relased in small sizez and waiting time too long.

You know when GS3 will come if we know only as "Fall". End of Fall or even later if delayed. Where is 7.2 with new story that was supposed to come short after 7.1? (Charles words after 7.1 livestream)

Not even a single word about it. Any new info about 7.1.1 and GS3 whatever will be in next month if nothing bad will a happen.

I did Manaan daily and arc story long ago and have nothing to do. That's not great way to attract or keep players.. so I ask if there will be any new story in 7.1.1 even short one as those are "any content" and are just nice cool additions to story. Even if you will talk for 2 minutes, but continue the story.

Don't have to write about whole year long new content and we are almost at the end of "year" and we got not much.

• Thanks 1

May I ask why you folks are doing balance updates before releasing MK-12 crafting?

After looking at MK-10 Gold tier augments vs MK-11 Blue tier Augments, there is like a 30% difference in stats in blues favor.

Every new tier of gear gets released, the meta changes. Once MK-12 crafting gets released Direct Damage classes will fall behind DoT classes due to the amount of crit going out. Nerfing something like Lightning now seems silly when you might have to buff it later.

Next tier of Gear people will require less gear slots/augments/stims dedicated to accuracy, meaning more crit allotted.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2022 at 2:41 PM, Sarova said:

/puppy-dog-pleading eyes: No Story? No Rivix? No Arn?

No Quinn/Aric/Vector/Theron/Arcann/Torian/Doc/Felix/Zenith/Scourge/Koth/Andronikos/Corso*? /cry

*Not expecting any interactions with our/my good old LIs but feels wrong not to include them :)

At least the Hutt Dinner Party is back - bring on the World Boss Frenzy :)

What is really odd is how long it takes to get story updates released and if bioware still uses real life time, well Arcann has been gone to this planet in wild space for well over a year now. This just doesn't seem to make sense. And in that time not even one letter from him, but they sent mails from others that are standing right next to you on Odessan. We never hear anything until we get the holo call in digging deeper. My character would have gone after him long before this. 

Edited by Darthmoriquendi
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Gniadex said:

Still without command crates, renown levels, or something like that..? :( It was a little more fun with them :(

I'm on the other side of that divide. Command crates and renown levels drained the fun from the game. Command crates weren't excited as they generally caused disappointment due to not having anything useful. Renown felt like such an 'eternal treadmill' that I barely hit 300 renown with one character (and I have plenty of alts). That's why Galactic Seasons are nice (to me). I can focus on completing them during a finite period. After that I have a nice period where that sort of treadmill is turned off. In other words, a period with structured content followed by a break of unstructured content. The best of both worlds (for me).

5 hours ago, Pallais said:

I'm on the other side of that divide. Command crates and renown levels drained the fun from the game. Command crates weren't excited as they generally caused disappointment due to not having anything useful. Renown felt like such an 'eternal treadmill' that I barely hit 300 renown with one character (and I have plenty of alts). That's why Galactic Seasons are nice (to me). I can focus on completing them during a finite period. After that I have a nice period where that sort of treadmill is turned off. In other words, a period with structured content followed by a break of unstructured content. The best of both worlds (for me).

They were never about getting something really useful, but about enjoying the character's progression. The development didn't end at level 70/75/80, just something else was happening. Of course, it seems unnecessary for people focused on getting great equipment, such as the best prizes. But for those who want to have fun and, as happens in RPGs, see the character develop, it was a very nice addition. The lack of which currently reduces a little the desire to continue playing after level 80.

3 hours ago, iankalo said:

Galactic Season 3 this , Galactic Season 3 that...

Fock GS 3...

TELL ME ABOUT RANKED PVP SEASON 15 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHEN ?!?!?!?!

Are we getting Ranked PvP Season 15 with 7.1.1. ?

No with 7.2 they already said it multiple times.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ZUHFB said:

No with 7.2 they already said it multiple times.

oh gosh let's not go thru THAT ^ again  lol  /tease  ;)

But anyways yeah as far as  the rumors go (including statements/promises BioWare themselves  made in a recent  'live stream' ) ,  @ZUHFB  is indeed correct about 7.2 = PVP oriented.   And let us all hope it comes true....and soon:sy_target:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, iankalo said:

Time to leave this game for a while then. (again)

Any idea when 7.2 will hit?

No reason to "leave for a while"  imo  though, since  the game still has everything else up until now (that i presume you enjoy? ) and plus  apparently  7.2 is also supposed to continue the  'Shae Vizla'  storyline arc  too i think.

As for the "when" ...well... judging by recent  BioWare patterns , i'd venture to GUESS:  sometime  Spring 2023  getting delayed to Summer 2023 . :cool:

1 hour ago, Nee-Elder said:

No reason to "leave for a while"  imo  though, since  the game still has everything else up until now (that i presume you enjoy? )

I dont enjoy anything, tbh 😛

I enjoyed it 10 years ago. Now I returned just to have some Ranked PvP a few months ago and when I just hit the max PvP ilevel... and I was ready for some Ranked WZs... I noticed its a Pre-season :D And I was guttted... I farmed like crazy for 1 month+ for nothing. I dont enjoy the rest of the PvE stuff of the game. I dont have time anymore - work and study. I just want to try some ranked PvP in SWTOR. I`ll wait till 7.2

Now I just do my daily PvP chores on 2 characters and thats it - 1 daily WZ and 1 daily GSF. I buy stuff with Tech Fragments and sell it on GTN for ~1 Bn each.

Thats it.

I want to enjoy the game but "YOU" guys... stopping me!

I want to do some SMs but its boring when you just do one and only OP for a year-years+ or so....

I want some random stuff and variety... Why you do just 1 boring SM? Just to farm stupid armor faster? FFS...

Lets do something different.... I want to have random SMs everyday/week!

I hope Devs did something about the stupid repeatable "one and only" SM everyday... Do something aboutt it in 7.1.1 or 7.2 . Make the rewards to fit the SM... not just lazy guys spam the easiest OP everyday. This game dont have enough population to be able to find/persuade ppl to do another OP/SM different from this easy one who everyone farm...

PS: I hope you get what Im saying 😛 cuz my english isnt that good.

Edited by iankalo
  • Like 1

On 10/16/2022 at 9:09 AM, iankalo said:

I dont enjoy anything, tbh 😛

I enjoyed it 10 years ago. Now I returned just to have some Ranked PvP a few months ago and when I just hit the max PvP ilevel... and I was ready for some Ranked WZs... I noticed its a Pre-season :D And I was guttted... I farmed like crazy for 1 month+ for nothing. I dont enjoy the rest of the PvE stuff of the game. I dont have time anymore - work and study. I just want to try some ranked PvP in SWTOR. I`ll wait till 7.2

Now I just do my daily PvP chores on 2 characters and thats it - 1 daily WZ and 1 daily GSF. I buy stuff with Tech Fragments and sell it on GTN for ~1 Bn each.

Thats it.

I want to enjoy the game but "YOU" guys... stopping me!

I want to do some SMs but its boring when you just do one and only OP for a year-years+ or so....

I want some random stuff and variety... Why you do just 1 boring SM? Just to farm stupid armor faster? FFS...

Lets do something different.... I want to have random SMs everyday/week!

I hope Devs did something about the stupid repeatable "one and only" SM everyday... Do something aboutt it in 7.1.1 or 7.2 . Make the rewards to fit the SM... not just lazy guys spam the easiest OP everyday. This game dont have enough population to be able to find/persuade ppl to do another OP/SM different from this easy one who everyone farm...

PS: I hope you get what Im saying 😛 cuz my english isnt that good.

honestly this isn't the game for you if all you want is pvp. The pve and story are what draw the majority of players.

7 minutes ago, lukeisjedi said:

honestly this isn't the game for you if all you want is pvp. The pve and story are what draw the majority of players.

The second half of this is more or less independent of the first.  The key point is that as MMORPG PvP systems go, SWTOR's is kinda weak, especially if you move away from MMORPGs and compare PvP systems in general.