A Note From the Dev Team

EricMusco

You can talk about the issues with the game and not use cruel language. I for one, am very angryabout Malgus is still broken. To me, after eight months it's unacceptable. But to target people on the team with harsh and disrespectful language is wrong, Period.

There's only one thing that makes any sense with the situation in the game is to decide if you're willing to continue to pay. I'll decide on the 1st. Right now, I'm not hopeful. I wish the Dev Team had been more transparent, and responsive, but the bottom line is they didn't fix the broken parts of the game in a timely manner. I took a long break to get over the frustration, unfortunately there's been no tangible progress in over three months, its utterly unfathomable.:eek:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're kidding right?

That depends on what you mean.

People have been complaining because a lack of communication from the devs as of late. Then when there is a post from them, the same people get angry. If someone thinks they aren't communicating enough, they should be happy when there is some communication. If someone thinks there isn't enough new content, they should be happy when new content comes out. If someone thinks there are too many bugs, they should be happy when some bugs get fixed.

But it's obvious that some people just want to be angry and that's what makes them happy. People are mad because Jackie had to state that some posts in this thread were not appropriate. In general, adults should understand tactfulness. If their posts were removed, there should be no surprise to them.

Say someone has 10 alts they regularly play on.

That means they will have to do the story on all of those alts even if they already have it completed on their main?

It seems unnecessary redundant.

every daily area for the past 7 and a half years has required appropriate story progression to unlock, and its only a problem worth complaining about now?

lmao

Hey casirabit,

Confirming that players' experience reflected in PTS will be what goes live with 7.1. The dailies will unlock after the crit path is completed, so players will need to complete both.

Thank you Jackie, but it looks like I'm not seeing that area for a good while. There's simply way too much to trudge through to get to this point. I wish there was an adoption of the tapestry/Genesis ideas that Dragon's Age and Mass Effect used so we don't have default choices depending on faction as our only inadequate method of catch up. This sucks considering much of the content to come after the last skip available is rather long and wears off after the first experience or two.

every daily area for the past 7 and a half years has required appropriate story progression to unlock, and its only a problem worth complaining about now?

lmao

Ossus is from 2018-2019 and offered a skip without need for progression, what are you talking about?

Edited by DarthCasus

lmao

I think I'm right in saying Dantooine daily area can be done at a relatively low level. If there is a massive grind to get an alt to the very end of the current story to do the new daily area it will just mean lower populations going there.

It'll be quieter than Iokath.

T dazzle & surprise us with something drastic & dramatic , like say BLOWING UP A PLANET (similar to 'Ziost' ) in a month-long-super-event LIVE event whereby the winning side (Republic or Imperial) gets to REBUILD said planet from scratch with resources & decorations (including player-crafted structures) creating an in-game COMMUNITY and 'instance phases' for guilds to PVP battle over land & space. :ph_use_the_force:

This is a really great idea as a recurring event that connects to star wars both in this era and the movies, as well as something that ought to be technically feasible for the most part. I won't say it'll never happen, because the idea of GS came from an (unacknowledged) player idea, but some of it is pretty ambitious (player crafted structures).

this. i also like a certain user with the old man avatar still shilling for bioware xD they can't do no wrong appearantly....

I've clashed with the old man recently but tbh I prefer them to the all-caps jawa.

Edited by Ardrossan

lmao

It's something that people complained about at the time and is still complained about. It's not something that people should stop complaining about now.

Maybe it's time for the devs to learn from their past mistakes and stop repeating them.

That depends on what you mean.

People have been complaining because a lack of communication from the devs as of late. Then when there is a post from them, the same people get angry. If someone thinks they aren't communicating enough, they should be happy when there is some communication. If someone thinks there isn't enough new content, they should be happy when new content comes out. If someone thinks there are too many bugs, they should be happy when some bugs get fixed.

But it's obvious that some people just want to be angry and that's what makes them happy. People are mad because Jackie had to state that some posts in this thread were not appropriate. In general, adults should understand tactfulness. If their posts were removed, there should be no surprise to them.

Asking for well wishes and congratulations for themselves may be communication but it's not what people have asked for.

After waiting for so long for even a tidbit of positive news to offset the past misinformation is what people wanted, and what they have been asking for. The fact that people reacted poorly to this should not surprise anyone.

The only message that I received from the fact that so many posts have been removed is that we as customers don't matter enough to be listened to, and that criticism, no matter how well deserved, is not tolerated.

I wasn't on PTS but what issues with the dailies were there? That statement says that no changes for the dailies will be made. Let's be honest. At this point, we expect feedback not to be listened to and things to be buggy when they go live. Was last boss of R4 HM even beaten?

Asking for well wishes and congratulations for themselves may be communication but it's not what people have asked for.

After waiting for so long for even a tidbit of positive news to offset the past misinformation is what people wanted, and what they have been asking for. The fact that people reacted poorly to this should not surprise anyone.

The only message that I received from the fact that so many posts have been removed is that we as customers don't matter enough to be listened to, and that criticism, no matter how well deserved, is not tolerated.

Criticism has it's place. This thread is not the place to say things that some have said. Also in this thread was the scheduled release date for 7.1, which is information people have been asking for. We didn't specifically ask what changes were happening with the dev team, but the information is relevant to those that like to know or that care. It's tasteless when people feel the need to take parting shots at someone in this topic. That isn't criticism, it's just being a jerk.

Hey casirabit,

Confirming that players' experience reflected in PTS will be what goes live with 7.1. The dailies will unlock after the crit path is completed, so players will need to complete both.

Thanks for the response, even though it's not I wanted to hear.

I have brought two characters through the storyline to Manaan, and that means I can only do the daily area with those two characters. I even looked at some more characters to choose which one I could continue the story with, but everyone was at the beginning of Onslaught and I found myself cringing at the idea of plowing through Satele Shan's ship and Spirit of disgusting melee-hating mobs. I can't do it. I don't hate myself enough to put myself through that torture anymore. Sorry. You even made it worse by disabling cloak in flashpoints, so no. Absolutely not.

Shame that the area you took months to finish is not accessible to all characters people might want to play.Seems a bit like wasted resources.

I can't get most of my toons through to new Dailies until Malgus stops one-shotting. You know it's SoV all over again! :( Really whoever is in charge of the FP's Stop with the flashy stuff in Story Mode! Put it in VET and MM, and let SM be simple!:)

lmao

because most of them were accessible between Chap 3 and Makeb, which is easy to reach on many alts, but reaching LotS is way longer and harder, I can't even finish some alts on Kotfe/Kotet (to read all conversation possibilities) because those 2 exp. are so freaking boring, not even talking about Iokath...

lmao

Except this time, the amount of story required to access this new daily area is way too huge and is not appropriate by any standard measure. We still can't skip our story path further than to the patch 5.10 Jedi under siege. That's 3,5 years old content at this point. How come we can skip KOTET and previous expansion for long time already, yet not Ossus.

That's so ridiculous that many players rather ignore that old story and level to 80 with Nathema XP farm and now will be completely unable to access the new daily area without doing the massive and boring work first.

It's fun to do the story once, but for many it's not that fun to literally grind it with multiple alts just to be able to enjoy the new daily area with them. They should allow us to skip to 7.0 story at this point.

Edited by black_pyros

Except this time, the amount of story required to access this new daily area is way too huge and is not appropriate by any standard measure. We still can't skip our story path further than to the patch 5.10 Jedi under siege. That's 3,5 years old content at this point. How come we can skip KOTET and previous expansion for long time already, yet not Ossus.

That's so ridiculous that many players rather ignore that old story and level to 80 with Nathema XP farm and now will be completely unable to access the new daily area without doing the massive and boring work first.

It's fun to do the story once, but for many it's not that fun to literally grind it with multiple alts just to be able to enjoy the new daily area with them. They should allow us to skip to 7.0 story at this point.

Also don't forget the amount of bugs which 7.0 brought. Doesn't make progressing through story more enjoyable. IMO many will just ignore it and complain.

I found myself cringing at the idea of plowing through Satele Shan's ship and Spirit of disgusting melee-hating mobs. I can't do it. I don't hate myself enough to put myself through that torture anymore. Sorry. You even made it worse by disabling cloak in flashpoints, so no. Absolutely not.

Same fam, same.

Echoes and SoV are horrible to get through more than once or twice.

Same fam, same.

Echoes and SoV are horrible to get through more than once or twice.

I used to enjoy Sov (pre 7.0) ... Echos not so much ... but probably for a different reason. Now SoV seems to be more of an exercise in tedium.

Here's to believing that the future will include a better evaluation of "input" that has been provided over the last several months.

I wasn't on PTS but what issues with the dailies were there? That statement says that no changes for the dailies will be made. Let's be honest. At this point, we expect feedback not to be listened to and things to be buggy when they go live. Was last boss of R4 HM even beaten?

Wasn't so much an issue being that you were (and from the response still are) restricted to only use those characters that have finished the story (the story on Manaan and the Flashpoint) before you can start the weekly/dailies on Manaan. While not a problem for me as all mine (14 of them) have finished all the stories, but there are others that haven't but there are those that were not on the PTS and not aware of that which is one of the reasons I ask that question to let them know that now instead of one day before the launch of the new patch.

Wasn't so much an issue being that you were (and from the response still are) restricted to only use those characters that have finished the story (the story on Manaan and the Flashpoint) before you can start the weekly/dailies on Manaan. While not a problem for me as all mine (14 of them) have finished all the stories, but there are others that haven't but there are those that were not on the PTS and not aware of that which is one of the reasons I ask that question to let them know that now instead of one day before the launch of the new patch.

I have personally only ran one character through the entire story .. and that was an alt. I lost the desire to mess with too much of it for a number of reasons. IMO ... no need to beat a dead horse anymore so I won't list those reasons.

I really am anticipating some brighter days ahead and I will run the rest of my characters through the story / FP . No biggie really. If that changes and completing both story / FP works account wide that works too!

I don't want to just auto-complete, I want to skip completely as if Kotfe never happened, and the reason are UI issues. (Still reading here, Alan?)

As long as the companion list can't be sorted, and the companion bar vanishes constantly. i won't progress past Ziost with any actual MMO-char. Pure story chars, sure, but with chars I play other content with, I can't be bothered to rummage through the bloated companion list everytime I controlled a turret for a daily or listed for PVP.

So yeah. No new daily areas since Ziost for me, just a few new planets where I can farm mats, and a 150+ days /played main that I stopped playing because of the companion list issues.

Edited by Mubrak

Also don't forget the amount of bugs which 7.0 brought. Doesn't make progressing through story more enjoyable. IMO many will just ignore it and complain.

This stopped some of my toons from being able to progress through Ossus. the bugs in the Jedi library in the Desecration quest makes it nearly impossible for some of my characters to get through. last i checked, they're still not fixed. that puts a hard stop on being able to progress those characters though the story. can't finished the quest means, can't finish Ossus, and thus locks them out of doing any new content. bravo.... just BRAVO.

Edited by Warped