Items that will be removed at 7.0

JackieKo

That is why it is only get replaced for 100 credits. They feel there is too many credits currently in game

Then turn it into a token that can be traded in for a tactical on a temporary vendor. Turn it into another tactical for the same class. Give the refund as a cache of Tech Fragment instead of credits. Etcetera.

There were options here other than "basically nothing", especially when some classes just get to keep their tacticals with no hassle or fuss. It's unevenly punishing because Bioware decided to remove these instead of reworking them (which we know they can do, as seen by Andeddu's Malevolence being completely redesigned).

So yeah. I 100% expected them to make up for this being so uneven by actually easing the blow on the players that are losing their tacticals. I believe they're smart enough to come up with that kind of solution, and the fact that they haven't and we're being told "Take your 100 credits and feel lucky you got that" is ridiculous.

Edited by The-Kaitou-Kid

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then turn it into a token that can be traded in for a tactical on a temporary vendor. Turn it into another tactical for the same class. Give the refund as a cache of Tech Fragment instead of credits. Etcetera.

There were options here other than "basically nothing", especially when some classes just get to keep their tacticals with no hassle or fuss. It's unevenly punishing because Bioware decided to remove these instead of reworking them (which we know they can do, as seen by Andeddu's Malevolence being completely redesigned).

So yeah. I 100% expected them to make up for this being so uneven by actually easing the blow on the players that are losing their tacticals. I believe they're smart enough to come up with that kind of solution, and the fact that they haven't and we're being told "Take your 100 credits and feel lucky you got that" is ridiculous.

That'd be the smart thing tho and honestly a great suggestion. They should turn all of the stuff they're removing into a turn in to exchange for something of similar value. Not just remove it and headpat us with 100 credits...

There were options here other than "basically nothing", especially when some classes just get to keep their tacticals with no hassle or fuss. It's unevenly punishing because Bioware decided to remove these instead of reworking them (1)(which we know they can do, as seen by Andeddu's Malevolence being completely redesigned).

So yeah. I 100% expected them to make up for this being so uneven by actually easing the blow on the players that are losing their tacticals. I believe they're smart enough to come up with that kind of solution, (2) and the fact that they haven't and we're being told "Take your 100 credits and feel lucky you got that" is ridiculous. (3)

(1) "Balancing is hard"

(2) Given what we know about 7.0, what was on the PTS, what leads you to that conclusion?

(3) Agree

Lets not forget Grit Teeth. But it is so much easier on coding just do give credits than what you suggested. BIOFAIL doesn't care.

That is why it is only get replaced for 100 credits. They feel there is too many credits currently in game

Maybe that's why they are trying to get so many people to quit. After all, if people stop playing, then it is just as good as taking their credits out of the game.

After all the stuff removal in 7.0, playing this game feels more akin to being a sharecropper.

Bioware want our continued sub money for little return on something we've already paid for, while simultaneously sending a distinct message that we should get off the property or put up with them removing items we've already bought.

My sub runs out in two weeks; highly doubt I'll continue after learning more about 7.0.

Dear Bioware,

Adding insult to injury shouldn't be seen as a goal.

(These changes should have been announced months ago. Waiting for the last second makes it seem like you are being deliberately underhanded. The tacticals that are being removed should be replaced with the new tacticals you are planning on adding. You are planning on giving those classes new tacticals, right? The other items should be compensated for with full purchase price/crafting cost.)

PLEASE translate that as soon as possible into French and German languages as well - so that people can plan the remaining time accordingly !

" Hallo allerseits,

Um den Spielern bei der Vorbereitung auf Legacy of the Sith zu helfen, wollten wir Sie darüber informieren, was mit Gegenständen geschehen wird, die beim Start von 7.0 entfernt werden. Dies dient als allgemeines Aufräumen von Gegenständen, die an Ansehen, Sozialpunkte und 6.0-Ausrüstung gebunden waren. Die folgenden Gegenstände werden in Credits umgewandelt, wenn sich der Spieler nach der 7.0-Wartung anmeldet. Alle unten aufgeführten Artikel werden in 100 Credits umgewandelt, sofern nicht anders angegeben. "

:jawa_confused:

:jawa_confused:

Hast du keine Möglichkeit die Sprache zu ändern? Einige Browser haben auch solche Optionen dafür. Oder Text-to-Speech in Sprachen.

Can't you change the language? Some browsers also have such options for that. Or text-to-speech to languages.

" :jawa_confused: Hast du keine Möglichkeit die Sprache zu ändern? Einige Browser haben auch solche Optionen dafür. Oder Text-to-Speech in Sprachen. Can't you change the language? Some browsers also have such options for that. Or text-to-speech to languages.

https://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=5 German

https://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4 French

Hi everyone,

In order to help players prepare for Legacy of the Sith, we wanted to let you know about what will be happening to items that will be removed at the launch of 7.0. This serves as a general clean up of items that were tied to Renown, Social Points, and 6.0 gearing. The following items will be converted into credits upon the player logging in after 7.0 maintenance. All the items listed below will be converted to 100 credits unless otherwise noted.

As mentioned previously, if you want to keep the contents of your Renown Caches, please open them before 7.0 launches. Otherwise, they will be converted into 100 credits.

Never in my online gaming life and experience have I ever witnessed such a massive frack job committed by developers as I am witnessing here. Your company's development staff have lost their ever loving collective minds. 100 credits for 1,000,000 + 3000 fragments? Next time you all want to frack us over, kiss us first. Worse. Development. Staff. Ever!

Edited by Ghost_Spectre

Hi everyone,

In order to help players prepare for Legacy of the Sith, we wanted to let you know about what will be happening to items that will be removed at the launch of 7.0. This serves as a general clean up of items that were tied to Renown, Social Points, and 6.0 gearing. The following items will be converted into credits upon the player logging in after 7.0 maintenance. All the items listed below will be converted to 100 credits unless otherwise noted.

As mentioned previously, if you want to keep the contents of your Renown Caches, please open them before 7.0 launches. Otherwise, they will be converted into 100 credits.

Tacticals:

• Second Contract
  • Energized Blade
  • Powerlode
  • Slow Mercy
  • Missile Backblast
  • Rocket Fuel Vapors
  • Thermonuclear Fusion
  • Magnetized Shrapnel
  • Grievous Wounds
  • Higher Focus
  • Frenzied Power
  • Go to Sleep, Go to Sleep!
  • Artistic Insights
  • Technical Debt
  • Fanged God Form

Renown items:

• Renown Cache
  • Chapter Renown Trophy Small/Medium/Large
  • Bonus Chapter Renown Trophy Small/Medium/Large
  • World Boss Renown Trophy Medium/Large
  • Exploration Renown Trophy
  • Flashpoint Renown Trophy Very Small/Small/Medium/Large
  • Bonus Flashpoint Renown Trophy Small/Small/Medium/Large
  • Bonus Renown Trophy
  • Badge of Renown - 5000 Credits
  • Operation Renown Trophy Small/Small/Medium/Large
  • Bonus Operation Renown Trophy Small/Small/Medium/Large
  • Uprising Renown Trophy Small/Small/Medium/Large
  • Bonus Uprising Renown Trophy Small/Small/Medium/Large

Boost:

• Minor/Major Social Boost
  • Complimentary Minor/Major Social Boost (Major - 800 credits)
  • Renown Boost - 1000 credits
  • 5-Pack: Renown Boost
  • Complimentary Renown Boost
  • Superior Renown Boost
  • 5-Pack: Superior Renown Boost

Others:

• Token of the Cordial
  • Token of the Sociable - 5000 credits
  • Crystal of Nightmare Fury
  • Schematic: Crystal of Nightmare Fury
  • Command Boost Tier 1/Tier 2/Tier 3

Hi JackieKo

on a tiny quasi tangent, could we get an explanation on why ALL set piece bonuses are being removed at level 76?

my bug bear pertains Specifically to the TASK MASTER set, which significantly decreases the activation of your companions abilities, This is a really enjoyable set to play solo with. That has small impact on pve (if in a 2 man group) or zero impact for pvp.

I don't understand why it has to be made redundant.

Thank you.

Never in my online gaming life and experience have I ever witnessed such a massive frack job committed by developers as I am witnessing here. Your company's development staff have lost their ever loving collective minds. 100 credits for 1,000,000 + 3000 fragments? Next time you all want to frack us over, kiss us first. Worse. Development. Staff. Ever!

Now hold on Ghost. As bad as 7.0 is shaping up, I doubt the staff at EA is engaging in "cubicle crawls" or has "Cosby rooms" at their conventions.

(I realize that's a pretty low bar, but I'm pretty sure EA / Austin can at least step over that one.)

The salt in this chat!

Calm down! Obviously there will be new tacticals. If you think the 1 mil credits you spent on a tactical is a lot you are super poor because most people have BILLIONS in this game, a million credits is pocket change. I will personally give you your 1 mil refunds.

Most people in this game can only dream of billions. You are as unworldly as the developers. The (vast) majority of players don't even have a subscription, so they only have a million credits to spare. For higher amounts they would have to invest real money.

Billionaires might even be only a small part of the player base, namely those with too much free time...

Most people in this game can only dream of billions. You are as unworldly as the developers. The (vast) majority of players don't even have a subscription, so they only have a million credits to spare. For higher amounts they would have to invest real money.

Billionaires might even be only a small part of the player base, namely those with too much free time...

Eh it's not even the credits, it's having to spend another 3k fragments for another tactical when there's so much stuff to use fragments on in 7.0 already.

That and the fact that I have no idea what tactical I'm even going to get at this point if we don't get new ones.

I hear flushing noises.

This game is now swirling the drain

I was a beta tester I have had an unbroken sub since day 1 of early access.

I have already canceled my daughters account she took one look at 7.0 and said no thank you

My account is getting very very close to being cancelled I am downloading Lost Ark as I type this

I am going to give it a couple of weeks but every single dev post about 7.0 makes it worse and worse

I said it in another post we have gone past negligent incompetance and we are now in the realm of the developers are directly attacking the players to cause us to quit so this game can be shut down

Flush

Now hold on Ghost. As bad as 7.0 is shaping up, I doubt the staff at EA is engaging in "cubicle crawls" or has "Cosby rooms" at their conventions.

(I realize that's a pretty low bar, but I'm pretty sure EA / Austin can at least step over that one.)

That is one thing I'm not about to assume one way or the other, especially after that was revealed in all of its infamous glory.

No NiM crystals means less people will see NiM content. Any explanation why you want less people to see your content?

No NiM crystals means blue flagship plans have less demand, which will make the price go down, meaning flagship plans, and by extension conquest has less value. Any explanation why you want conquest to have less value?

Do you think 100 Credits is a fair compensation for the tacticals taken?

shouldn´t you at least pay the 1000000 Credits cost?

Tacticals are bad enough, but consider them stripping away Amplifiers that we've spent millions to fine tune. What about the Mods paid for, or all CM armor shells rendered largely useless except for appearance.

I get that BW "owns" the content in one respect, but there's all the bits and pieces that we've thrown away hundreds of hours to acquire. This is utterly outrageous, even criminal.

Moreover, as a strictly solo player -- encouraged as such by 6.0 -- I feel violated by the upcoming 7.0. Having put my head down (with unlikable classes) to acquire Legendary Legacy status and the resulting perks, all that effort is being rendered largely worthless as BW nerfs other features. I have cancelled my sub as a result, as are my daughter and son-in-law. And while I would not wish ill upon remaining players, there is a part of me that hopes SWTOR will crash and burn.

Whatever BW decisionmaker came up with the 7.0 scheme should have flaming hydraulic fluid forced at high pressure into his posterior ejection mechanism.

Edited by scratcha

Serious question: are you/EA trying to sabotage this game into failure? Sure looks like it to me, especially given EA loses its exclusivity license in a year.

I said it in another post we have gone past negligent incompetance and we are now in the realm of the developers are directly attacking the players to cause us to quit so this game can be shut down

I caught myself several times on thinking about the same conspiracy theory: they try to alienate us for a particular purpose. To make it easier for us saying the final farewell, either right now or soon, before the license expires and SWTOR servers will be shut down.

Hi everyone,

Tacticals:

• Second Contract
  • Energized Blade
  • Powerlode
  • Slow Mercy
  • Missile Backblast
  • Rocket Fuel Vapors
  • Thermonuclear Fusion
  • Magnetized Shrapnel
  • Grievous Wounds
  • Higher Focus
  • Frenzied Power
  • Go to Sleep, Go to Sleep!
  • Artistic Insights
  • Technical Debt
  • Fanged God Form

Renown items:

• Renown Cache
  • Chapter Renown Trophy Small/Medium/Large
  • Bonus Chapter Renown Trophy Small/Medium/Large
  • World Boss Renown Trophy Medium/Large
  • Exploration Renown Trophy
  • Flashpoint Renown Trophy Very Small/Small/Medium/Large
  • Bonus Flashpoint Renown Trophy Small/Small/Medium/Large
  • Bonus Renown Trophy
  • Badge of Renown - 5000 Credits
  • Operation Renown Trophy Small/Small/Medium/Large
  • Bonus Operation Renown Trophy Small/Small/Medium/Large
  • Uprising Renown Trophy Small/Small/Medium/Large
  • Bonus Uprising Renown Trophy Small/Small/Medium/Large

Boost:

• Minor/Major Social Boost
  • Complimentary Minor/Major Social Boost (Major - 800 credits)
  • Renown Boost - 1000 credits
  • 5-Pack: Renown Boost
  • Complimentary Renown Boost
  • Superior Renown Boost
  • 5-Pack: Superior Renown Boost

Others:

• Token of the Cordial
  • Token of the Sociable - 5000 credits
  • Crystal of Nightmare Fury
  • Schematic: Crystal of Nightmare Fury
  • Command Boost Tier 1/Tier 2/Tier 3

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!

You're going to take tacticals worth 3000 tech fragments, and just delete them for .....1 0 0 credits?

What a massive insult to your CUSTOMERS!

I've been saying for months now, that 7.0 was the new NGE... you're not only proving me right, you're doubling down!