Items that will be removed at 7.0

JackieKo

You players have made one critical, fatal error. You're upset that your tacticals are getting deleted, or that you're only getting 100 credits back for something that was 1mil creds + 3000 tech frags, or that they didn't postpone the 1/3rd expansion until a week before launch in DEC, or that they didn't tell us they would be removing these tacticals from the game until 5 days before launch. You see, you should have realized that the game's budget is currently about 1/3 of an expansion worth of USD, they cannot afford to hire real devs at this point. So, we get hack fraud maitenance devs instead. No software devs are wanting to work on this 10 year old spaghetti code monstrosity with a $300 annual budget. They are not paying top-tier salaries for top-tier dev talent. They are paying mop bucket salaries for mop bucket "devs". The way she goes. Edited by MightyLion

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread needs to be stickied, by the way. If you're removing tacticals that cost 3000 Tech Fragments and 1 million credits from the game without even attempting to give a refund of their cost, this information should honestly be linked in the launcher so players aren't wasting TF and credits buying tacticals between now and Tuesday.

yes. But even so, as posted here and as everyone (except the devs, apparently) can imagine, a lot of players already lost a lot of resources buying some of these tacticals, and all they are getting is... 100 credits. The ultimate joke. Please let this be a mistake.

I keep wondering ... "Did they announce this a while back, and I just somehow missed it all this time?"

How do you wait until five days before the expansion comes out to announce something like this?

The same way they waited until a week before launch to postpone the 1/3rd expansion we are getting. They knew for a month before that it wasn't ready, but if they told us then it would be postponed, how would they have scammed so many people into buying subs right before 7.0?

The same way they waited until a week before launch to postpone the 1/3rd expansion we are getting. They knew for a month before that it wasn't ready, but if they told us then it would be postponed, how would they have scammed so many people into buying subs right before 7.0?

It's both a mistake and something that they are doing intentionally. It's jus the latest sign of how much the disrespect us.

Energized Blade

Powerlode

so whats AP/tactics useing now?

Crystal of Nightmare Fury

Schematic: Crystal of Nightmare Fury

I do welcome that you finally remove these but will the schematic just be removed from my learned ones or do i get my event currency that i spent on it back at least?

I can only think of one thing, one single thing, that is worth 100 credits. A Jukebox Token. You are telling us, the players, that our tacticals which required potentially hours of grinding to get and are crucial to some rotations, that our tacticals are equal in value to a freaking cantina jukebox token. This does not even qualify as an attempt to compensate for the loss of these tacticals. It is an insult to the players affected.

Jackie,

I know that the Spoils of War achievements will be archived under "Feats of Strength" in 7.0. It's my understanding that we will be able to continue finishing off the gear set achievements via Kai Zykken even though the gear itself will be obsolete. I thought we were also going to be able to finish off tactical collections as well. With the tacticals above being removed, will those achievements become unachievable in 7.0 or are the achievements being modified to not include the removed tacticals?

Thanks!

I would also like an answer to the above inquiry regarding tactical gear achievements.

Youre removing amplifiers and renown as a failed experiment of 6.0.

Just so youre even handed, why not admit tacticals are a failed experiment too and remove all of them entirely?

And while youre at it pls bring back the old setbonuses...

Honestly if we had ability morphs for all 4 discipline abilities instead of the 2 we get in 7.0, I'd be down for removing tacticals.

The only difference between the new ability morphs and tacticals is that tacticals are apparently worth 100 credits...

Youre removing amplifiers and renown as a failed experiment of 6.0.

Just so youre even handed, why not admit tacticals are a failed experiment too and remove all of them entirely?

And while youre at it pls bring back the old setbonuses...

just no. 6.0 was the golden age with everything in it. i was skeptical about tacticals but they proved to be amazing, and 6.0 gearing was the best ever with every activity helping you to improve your gear. i think the Reduction 7.0 should be totally scrapped outside the story, new fp and new daily area.

also amplifiers were good credit sink and i found them super useful especially for crafting - efficiency amps are amazing.

Edited by Darittha

Probably an unpopular opinion, but maybe Flame Detonation? Not exactly ideal for boss fights, but I use it for nearly everything else.

youre right i dont like that, it has no use on single target since flame sweep and searing wave are not rotational on AP.

Items that will be removed at 7.0

Quite frankly, while I'm not a founder, I do resent being referred to as an "item".

Stop taking WoW's bad ideas (or Devs). Also stop removing things. (Because "balancing is hard" (See my comments in OT regarding Vulkk interview) That's a violation of 'Mystyqe's Rules of MMO Design'

"Removing content is never a good design decision"

Hi everyone,

items that will be removed at the launch of 7.0

Tacticals:

• Missile Backblast

Should never have been a tactical, far too weak.

It should come back as a legendary instead of the shameful 1% boost legendary that mercenary/commando was given, ripped from an ancient 2pc set bonus... why did such a pitiful bonus ever get put on the list to be a legendary?

Edited by Gyronamics

I join the common opinion that removing the tacticals will have a negative effect on the game balance and would alienate a lot (a lion share) of current players. We obtained them as it was designed by developers, using the currencies (not a small sums), hard earned reputation, crafting from rare and pricey materials etc. And all this would instantly disappear without even more or less fair compensation, for a few symbolic credits. But the detriment of such elimination to many useful playstyles is obvious.

Such changes have to be done completely differently. If some tacticals are now counted as a design mistake and should not be used in the future at all, their phasing out should be gradual. First, the sources of them should be excluded from the game. Then players should be offered a buyback option where these items will be properly compensated, during at least one-two weeks or more. Finally, they become converted to grey items with still a decent merchant value. This way is much more fair, but still not the best.

The best solution is, all tacticals remain in the game, but if some of them are counted overpowered, they have to be rebalanced. It's a normal (I can say, standard) procedure in most video games, when the too powerful abilities become nerfed and underused ones are buffed. It's a constant process of finding the optimum balance but keeping the game interesting, fair and tactically diversified.

How the overpowered tacticals may be brought in line with others? The good balancers know many ways of this, like adding some time restriction (minimal time between consequent usage), decreasing the probabilities (procs), increasing the resources needed to use an effect (like the Force or Energy), adding environmental conditions etc. And it can be performed even now, tested on PTS and live environment and modified again to get the desired balance and efficiency.

It's a good work for developers who support the living and changing environment, not the minimal maintenance of once balanced game.

Honestly this is just a straight up FU to the players from the devs. Items that cost 3000 tech frags and 1 million credits being removed and a compensation of 100 credits is insulting.

Let's not even mention the fact that they are straight up breaking the combat ability of 2 seperate specs.

We have gone past negligent incompetance and I am firmly convinced we have entered the realm of the devs directly attacking the players. I am sure the strategy at this time is to cause as many players as possibly to quit the game to justify shutting it down.

"Never attribute to malice what can be explained by incompetence, ignorance, or lethargy. Misunderstandings and neglect create more confusion in this world than trickery and malice."

(With all respect to Goethe)

If nothing else, it's always funny to watch the "wait and see" thing play out the way it always does. Bad indicators and early red flags exist, who knew?

It's always the same modus operandi in these cases, the sycophants are nowhere to be found when **** actually hits the fan, guessing they go somewhere else with their trolling and people that actually care to give feedback are left holding the stinker.

I can only think of one thing, one single thing, that is worth 100 credits. A Jukebox Token. You are telling us, the players, that our tacticals which required potentially hours of grinding to get and are crucial to some rotations, that our tacticals are equal in value to a freaking cantina jukebox token. This does not even qualify as an attempt to compensate for the loss of these tacticals. It is an insult to the players affected.

Yeah, but just think about it. If you're one of the unlucky ones who has multiple classes hit by this (my main is a Combat Sentinel and my only Trooper is a Tactics Vanguard, so that's at least 2) you'll be able to afford multiple jukebox tokens! Think of all the songs you can play on the jukebox! That's all your effort was worth anyway, according to Bioware, so might as well enjoy it, right?

Hi everyone,

In order to help players prepare for Legacy of the Sith, we wanted to let you know about what will be happening to items that will be removed at the launch of 7.0. This serves as a general clean up of items that were tied to Renown, Social Points, and 6.0 gearing. The following items will be converted into credits upon the player logging in after 7.0 maintenance. All the items listed below will be converted to 100 credits unless otherwise noted.

As mentioned previously, if you want to keep the contents of your Renown Caches, please open them before 7.0 launches. Otherwise, they will be converted into 100 credits.

Tacticals:

• Second Contract
  • Energized Blade
  • Powerlode
  • Slow Mercy
  • Missile Backblast
  • Rocket Fuel Vapors
  • Thermonuclear Fusion
  • Magnetized Shrapnel
  • Grievous Wounds
  • Higher Focus
  • Frenzied Power
  • Go to Sleep, Go to Sleep!
  • Artistic Insights
  • Technical Debt
  • Fanged God Form

Renown items:

• Renown Cache
  • Chapter Renown Trophy Small/Medium/Large
  • Bonus Chapter Renown Trophy Small/Medium/Large
  • World Boss Renown Trophy Medium/Large
  • Exploration Renown Trophy
  • Flashpoint Renown Trophy Very Small/Small/Medium/Large
  • Bonus Flashpoint Renown Trophy Small/Small/Medium/Large
  • Bonus Renown Trophy
  • Badge of Renown - 5000 Credits
  • Operation Renown Trophy Small/Small/Medium/Large
  • Bonus Operation Renown Trophy Small/Small/Medium/Large
  • Uprising Renown Trophy Small/Small/Medium/Large
  • Bonus Uprising Renown Trophy Small/Small/Medium/Large

Boost:

• Minor/Major Social Boost
  • Complimentary Minor/Major Social Boost (Major - 800 credits)
  • Renown Boost - 1000 credits
  • 5-Pack: Renown Boost
  • Complimentary Renown Boost
  • Superior Renown Boost
  • 5-Pack: Superior Renown Boost

Others:

• Token of the Cordial
  • Token of the Sociable - 5000 credits
  • Crystal of Nightmare Fury
  • Schematic: Crystal of Nightmare Fury
  • Command Boost Tier 1/Tier 2/Tier 3

PLEASE translate that as soon as possible into French and German languages as well - so that people can plan the remaining time accordingly !

Bioware can you like not????!!!!?? I literally just came back to SwTor and your already trying to kill your game! Do you just have a group of people who sit in a room and come up with ways to mess up your game???? Ive only been re subbed for 2 months now and honestly Im not even sure after the release of 7.0 that I even want to continue with my subscription! Thanks alot!

P.S. Thanks for taking a giant bantha turd all over one of my use to be favorite game. -.-

Edited by randizzl