Update on the Legacy of the Sith

KeithKanneg

Thankyou, just don't listen to the pvpers about ranged please -.- tired of having my merc and snipers nerfed to hell and beyond :(, But thanks for giving us more time and yourselves to make a greater expac =) Fyi , Revan was Really good , oh and keep Theron in there <3 and Torian Thanks!!! ( not just back ground =) =) ):D

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahahah. Sorry for my bad composure.

Until now, I was just mildly annoyed at having to 'reskill' all my toons, and not really have anything going but for the storyline itself.

This latest news was quite helpful, actually. I have no consideration anymore about cancelling my sub and maybe pop in to revisit in a year or two... ...or three...

Good tidings, good people. Be well.

Revisiting old Anarchy Online myself... See You all at ICC HQ.

Edited by Miffypiffy

Thankyou, just don't listen to the pvpers about ranged please -.- tired of having my merc and snipers nerfed to hell and beyond :(, But thanks for giving us more time and yourselves to make a greater expac =) Fyi , Revan was Really good , oh and keep Theron in there <3 and Torian Thanks!!! ( not just back ground =) =) ):D

Oh Torian is for SURE gearing up for some screentime for those who let him live. One of the rare times a "dead" character will get that privilege. But we saw it already in SoV, and the Cadera name is clearly going to be some kind of plot point in the Heta Kol parts of the story. So I'd say he's a shoe in to get at least a few lines.

Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

It may have been bad planning or other reasons that lead to this late decision. I myself said 3-4 months ago that I didn’t think they had enough time to complete what we saw on the PTS and have it balanced and bug free.

If it had been me, I would have postponed back then.

Sadly, I think BioWares instead bit off more than they could chew under covid conditions. That and making many unnecessary changes to things that didn’t need to be reinvented.

But that doesn’t mean I think this late postponement was planned or that they are being dishonest. I honestly believe they thought they could do it and then got caught out.

If they don't know whether they can finish a big project like that until it's 7 days before the deadline, then they are simply too incompetent and deserve to be fired.

Either Bioware is too incompetent to tell they can't finish a project, or they knew but picked the silent option, or they knew and told their superior so but was forced by EA to keep silent until they can't keep it a secret anymore. Which one is worse?

Thank you for quickly posting this FAQ, Jackie Ko.

I cannot imagine what caused the decision to not release 7.0 a week before it was expected. I think that whatever the issues, I applaud delaying 7.0 rather than releasing a dumpster fire just to hit a certain date.

What’s happening with events and their rewards? Any chance for double XP or something extra?

All of the planned new rewards will not be released as they are tied into 7.0. With that in mind here is the plan for each event:

Additional events?!

• Our Double XP event (which also includes Renown, Requisition, and Valor) will return from December 20, 2021 - January 4, 2022.
  • All 3 weeks of Feast of Prosperity will return at the following cadence:
  • Week 1: January 11, 2022 – January 18, 2022
  • Week 2: January 18, 2022 - January 25, 2022
  • Week 3: January 25, 2022 - February 1, 2022

Running the SWTOR fall event of the Feast of Prosperity during winter seems like an odd choice. But, okay.

Will there be a 50% off Collections Unlocks sale soon since there was not one during Black Friday this year?

Edited by Nmyownworld

This is exactly why the need to stop waiting until the last minute and let people know about issues like the. The announcement today states that "... it is clear that we need a bit more time ...", and that is why they made the decision that they did. That means that must have had some idea that they would have to delay for some period of time, but waited until today to let us know that the launch date was not only in jeopardy, but that their internal discussions have led them to this decision.

I wonder if they were waiting until they reached some internal goat towards getting new or renewed subscriptions?

Maybe not an internal goat, but your wondering does sound reasonable.

Anyone else wondered why there were no news, announcements, hype whatsoever for 7.0?

This speaks for them knowing for a long time that 7.0 wouldn't be ready. They tried to be as quiet as possible about it.

I (and others like e.g. Trixxie) predicted already in the summer, that they will not get the expansion ready by the end of the year. It was really not a difficult prediction for us. And neither for them. Waiting with this postponing news until the eleventh hour was imho on purpose.

As mentioned in my earlier post, I don't mind the delay at all. I'm happy about it, because I don't want 7.0 to happen at all.

Maybe not an internal goat, but your wondering does sound reasonable.

Anyone else wondered why there were no news, announcements, hype whatsoever for 7.0?

This speaks for them knowing for a long time that 7.0 wouldn't be ready. They tried to be as quiet as possible about it.

I (and others like e.g. Trixxie) predicted already in the summer, that they will not get the expansion ready by the end of the year. It was really not a difficult prediction for us. And neither for them. Waiting with this postponing news until the eleventh hour was imho on purpose.

As mentioned in my earlier post, I don't mind the delay at all. I'm happy about it, because I don't want 7.0 to happen at all.

I think you totally nailed it. If it would be released next week they would have made the big BIIIIIGGGG announcement telling us everything was planed. We didn't want to tell you too much about the next XPAC because that will make you more hyped. And we think that worked perfect.

And here it is: The XPAC with the fewest content ever in SWTOR! You wanted something special for the 10 year anniversary. You got it. Its not good but special XD

Sorry for the cynical post. I really love this game but I am not okay with how it get enough love from the devs. But the 2 month with the 2-3 weeks of holiday give them time to for once play there own game. Not only first few levels in Tython but try pvp uprsings operations and maybe GSF. I love to play all of this activities. Maybe so do you. And maybe you will work a little to make them better. (see why we are complaining about ability pruning)

So first off, as a former software QA engineer, let me say that I have ZERO issues with delaying new content, especially an expansion that's basically "game changing". I'd rather see most of the high Pri kinks and issues worked out, than have to deal with all the problems that comes with releasing content before it's ready.

However, I did resubscribe, just last night, specifically for this expansion, but now it's pushed back 9 weeks, so it definitely has disrupted my gaming budget schedule (which is sadly tight, due to pandemic effects) and I'm sort of left hanging. I'd bought a 6-month block, but I feel like I'm left hanging and just wasted two months, because I don't really feel a desire to play the current iteration of the game.

Now, don't get me wrong, the game is OK in its current version, but since I've been gone for quite a while, I need to relearn the game and I just don't see a reason to waste two months reacquainting myself with a version system that will be changing, which is why I waited until the week before the expansion launch, to resubscribe.

I also hope that this decision was not made, in part, due to the current popularity of FFXIV's Endwalker expansion, because trying to play that is a hot mess right now, and I'd decided to delay my playing FFXIV until February-ish and enjoy the new SWTOR expansion next week, instead... which makes this disappointing.

I really don't expect much to be done by way of recompense, but I would like for the development team to understand, that a push of this size does have a detrimental impact on returning players, especially when it's made so close to the publicized release date, like this one was, and for a game with a subscription option.

Hey everyone,

I just made an announcement concerning the launch of our Legacy of the Sith expansion, and I encourage you to read the blog post.

We know you will have some questions in response to the blog, so feel free to ask them here and we'll be addressing them in an FAQ later today which we will continue update as you have more questions.

Be mindful of our forum guidelines as we want to ensure we can quickly answer your concerns and keep more information flowing your way.

---Keith---

I for one am very appreciative that y'all decided to delay until the devs felt it was ready. Going on the past years when expansion were released at this time of the year...disasters with all kinds of problems and no one to around to fix them. This is a breath of fresh air. While many will bad mouth y'all doing so, those of us who can see the reasons for what they are. This is what SE did with Endwalker delaying it for nearly a month. They felt it needed some fine tuning. Thank you Keith and crew for not releasing something that may have ended up like past updates. This renews my faith in developers wanting to ensure quality over rushing a product when it is questionable for being ready.

So first off, as a former software QA engineer, let me say that I have ZERO issues with delaying new content, especially an expansion that's basically "game changing". I'd rather see most of the high Pri kinks and issues worked out, than have to deal with all the problems that comes with releasing content before it's ready.

However, I did resubscribe, just last night, specifically for this expansion, but now it's pushed back 9 weeks, so it definitely has disrupted my gaming budget schedule (which is sadly tight, due to pandemic effects) and I'm sort of left hanging. I'd bought a 6-month block, but I feel like I'm left hanging and just wasted two months, because I don't really feel a desire to play the current iteration of the game.

Now, don't get me wrong, the game is OK in its current version, but since I've been gone for quite a while, I need to relearn the game and I just don't see a reason to waste two months reacquainting myself with a version system that will be changing, which is why I waited until the week before the expansion launch, to resubscribe.

I also hope that this decision was not made, in part, due to the current popularity of FFXIV's Endwalker expansion, because trying to play that is a hot mess right now, and I'd decided to delay my playing FFXIV until February-ish and enjoy the new SWTOR expansion next week, instead... which makes this disappointing.

I really don't expect much to be done by way of recompense, but I would like for the development team to understand, that a push of this size does have a detrimental impact on returning players, especially when it's made so close to the publicized release date, like this one was, and for a game with a subscription option.

You and I are in the same boat. I am glad they've followed SE lead (if that's what they did) for delaying. I know FFXIV issue isn't so much as the game as it is how many people are playing it. I cannot login into Aether/Adamantoise because of the error code 2002. 17,000 players on maximum limit in the login server. While it is maddening, it means one thing to me...that game is alive and healthy supporting that it has 24 million subscribers! :eek:

Anyway, I'm returning after a year off (which I was playing FFXIV and still am). I've spent the last 2 weeks relearning and getting my muscle memory for abilities back into shape. And trying to play catch up with my main on the main stories I've missed. So, I feel your frustrations; however, it's good in the sense that we're not getting an broken update like the past few years were delivered to us.

So in short. Almost (hopefully, if they will not delay again) 3 months of 10th anniversary timing (XD that for them 10th anniversary is for whole year...) will give us absolutely nothing XDDD Excellent! Exactly what I was thinking about.

I mean, I'm upset by this very much. But if 7.0 needs more time, then okay. Though I don't think this will do much XD as they will release 7.0 with many awesome bugs anyway.

Most of the problem is that they waited so long to make that announcements and their talking "we wanted to blah blah blah" is joke and that's all. They did that to make people sub and then they will have to sub again to get 7.0.

Only blind idiot would think that if game needs at least 2 more months of of work, they will be able to do that all within few weeks.

Anyway. In that case I'd request you BW to make similiar thing as it was with 6.3. Add another part of story to 7.0 when launch. Bigger, smaller no matter. Of course besides it that launch everything at the same time! Story, Manaan daily area, Ops...

Hey everyone and the Dev Team.

As everyone, I was sad when you made the announcement to delay the expansion, especially 7 days before releasing it, it could have been done before... But I have to admitt, from what I've seen from the official forums, other forums, and videos, LoTS was not ready, and I'd rather prefer to have a delayed, finished, balanced and well-rounded expansion, than just releasing an awful one just to stick on the calendar. I completely understand your decision, and thank you for that. But damn, two months, looks like LoTS was really not ready to be out....

Otherwise, as many people mentionned, and I'm a part of these people, I feel really sad, and screwed up. I won't lie, I re-subbed the 4th of December to get this expansion' s early access, and enjoy this all new content. Now I just feel like I just got screwed up. For some people, 13€ is not a thing, but as a student, I made the choice to put these 13€ to a SWTOR re-subbed to get this new expansion and enjoy the content. But now, I realise I could just bought more foods, or put more fuel last time I went to the supermarket if I knew boefore that the expansion will be delayed... For that, maybe some people will make fun of me on this forum. But this is reality. And CoVid19 period as a student was really tought and hard. I hope, like some people began to proposed, these people that had re-subbed especially in this period for the expansion will get a refund, or like others said, some advantages/goodies IG at least...

Still hype for the expansion tho. Have a nice day !

I like that 7.0 is delayed.

I also subbed till the end of the year, but now that i know all the things that will be changed in 7.0 i prefer to play the 6.0 Version of the game during the Holiday.

It gives me time to get some more MM FP Achievements.

I am quite sure with 7.0 it will be much harder to find a pug group to do MM FPs because of the crappy gear. Many casual players will just give up on MM FPs.

How does this affect Conquest?

[*]Note: The biggest relevant change is Personal Conquest requiring 100k points instead of 50k. Keep that in mind for the Conquest

Out of everything, this is the most annoying. In-game messaging "states" that 50k qualifies you for Guild Conquest awards. I've had people leave the guild because they felt they did not get awards because of a change I made.

Don't reply by saying "getting 100k is easy" - I know this already, but most people I know just hit personal conquest and move on to their next toon.

But, it is what it is - however, it would be nice if the in-game text could be changed to reflect this, as well as the value of the Personal Conquest Requisition award to match the current minimum.

Edited by Choloe
Finishing a thought

Hey everyone,

I just made an announcement concerning the launch of our Legacy of the Sith expansion, and I encourage you to read the blog post.

We know you will have some questions in response to the blog, so feel free to ask them here and we'll be addressing them in an FAQ later today which we will continue update as you have more questions.

Be mindful of our forum guidelines as we want to ensure we can quickly answer your concerns and keep more information flowing your way.

---Keith---

Look im all for delays because 7.0 NEEDS it but how can I not think this was a deliberate way to get subs. Clearly you guys knew even in late November you weren't going to meet the mark so why wait until the week before launch to give us the bad news? I bought 2 months of game time in the beginning of December for the expansion and now you guys screwed me over. I will not be returning in February

Good luck on the launch of the expansion though

Any chance we could get something different to do in the meantime? Kind of bored over here. Maybe 300 gold augs could be made cheaper to craft, or mats easier to acquire. From what I can tell, it seems like a majority of players have ignored their existence.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

I have to admit, it really looks like the announcement about the delay came out so late to get the maximum number of subscribers before Christmas.

I think now the developers have two options: either to release some content in December (for example, a story expansion, no galactic seasons and combat styles) so those who brought a subscription have something to do before the update in February, or somehow compensate this (for example, make expansion free for everyone who subscribed in December)

Otherwise, it looks like Bioware just took people's money and didn't offer anything in return.

Delay is all good and I am still hyped like many others here. I just ask that you bring up a single Australian server! :)

EDIT: Kinda sucks there wasn't any Black Friday or Cyber Monday offers :(

I was assuming none of those sales because something big was going to happen just before launch.

Edited by Tilvius