Update on the Legacy of the Sith

KeithKanneg

Oh, praise non-denominational Jesus. We got a couple more months before it all hits the fan AND this time the team will be back from vacation to deal with the inevitable bugs that crop up with every release.

I know that this is a futile effort but maybe take this extra time to move away from some of the more unpopular ideas. I don't mind a number of the changes but the whole focus on non-moddable armor kinda sucks. However, that's a big change that you've probably put a lot of work into so I can see not wanting to devote the resources to removing that change........and throwing the game's equipment system back to Pre-update 1.3.

Still, not effectively removing weeklies might be a good bone to throw us that wouldn't take a lot of effort to remove from this update.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While it is a bit of a bummer not releasing on time, and announce it so close to the original expansion date is not optimal, I understand

From what I was reading on the test server forums, LotS was anything but ready to go, with things like the char selection screen not working as it should, and so many other things in need of TLC, this push back is much needed. And I hope you guys take the time to give it a lot of polish, so the expansion is much more shiny, and ready for the show room so to speak. We don't need the engines to fall off the thing during take off.

Edited by Otowi

Here is the FAQ regarding the announcement made earlier today. Please note that I will be updating this post accordingly over time, so treat this as a living document. I will update this thread to indicate when this post is edited, so you know when updates are made.

What is the plan to address Primary Combat Style selection for ALL characters, as well as Secondary Combat Styles being available for preferred players? The pullback of these features as well as retconning the expansion announcement are pretty bad look, and fixing this would go a long way to convincing me that SWTOR is worth playing in 7.0. I am not going to create new characters to get the flavor I want, and should not have to. Telling me that if I want to have a Bounty Hunter Vanguard/Sniper that I will have to roll a new alt and leave existing characters behind is not a good player experience, and kind of invalidates the time and effort put into them. As a player I want to feel like all of the time I have put into the game has value, especially the time I put into my characters. Telling me 'reroll' is not the correct answer.

While it is a bit of a bummer not releasing on time, and announce it so close to the original expansion date is not optimal, I understand

From what I was reading on the test server forums, LotS was anything but ready to go, with things like the char selection screen not working as it should, and so many other things in need of TLC, this push back is much needed. And I hope you guys take the time to give it a lot of polish, so the expansion is much more shiny, and ready for the show room so to speak. We don't need the engines to fall off the thing during take off.

Well, I only see two possible scenarios here:

1- The expansion is ready and they are lying, to take a break on Holidays.

2- The expansion is so FUBAR that it will be delayed again in Feb. Either that or we will have another Cyberpunk 2077 in our hands. There were so many things that were WIP or broken on PTS that it's unlikely that they are gonna fix all that PLUS listen to feedback and implement changes. It's freaking impossible to do that in 1 month (the time they will have after having their Holiday breaks). We are being deceived here and, as always, they trust that people will swallow whatever they push down their throaths. And as far as I've seen here on this forum, that's exactly what some players will do: get lied to and thank Bioware for it.

Edited by EduardoJN

Wow, I do like the look of some of those. I wonder if they'll ever add hood-hair. Or, more accurately, hair-hoods haha. Guess it'd be easiest to add actual outfit piece variants with hair already part of them rather than have lots of different styles. Same way they give us hooded and unhooded Jedi Revan robes for instance. Add a piece with preset hair showing on a hood, and one without

There's a thread about "hair-hoods" somewhere, since original Vaylin in KotFE had her hair out under her hood and everyone loved it (so it can be done). Probably why she arrived in KotET throne with her hair completely covered.

There's a thread about "hair-hoods" somewhere, since original Vaylin in KotFE had her hair out under her hood and everyone loved it (so it can be done). Probably why she arrived in KotET throne with her hair completely covered.

Pfft, the very idea that we could get the same treatment as an NPC. Of course not.. NPCs are more important to make look cool than us. Apparently. At least they gave us the Arcann/Vaylin/Acina eyes to use I guess.

NPC models are built differently than character models. The hair and hood are part of the model rather than a skin like with PCs. Not that it can't be done, but it isn't all that simple either. A whole new set of skins would need to be made and possibly an on/off toggle for the hair like the head slot toggle so those with "bald" characters would appear without hair.

NPC models are built differently than character models. The hair and hood are part of the model rather than a skin like with PCs. Not that it can't be done, but it isn't all that simple either. A whole new set of skins would need to be made and possibly an on/off toggle for the hair like the head slot toggle so those with "bald" characters would appear without hair.

Like was said before, couldn't they just add extra chestpieces to CM sets? Like how Revans Jedi set has a hooded and unhooded version. Have hooded (bald) hooded (hair) and unhooded. Rather than a toggle system, if you are bald, use the vanilla hood

Are any existing bugs gonna be fixed before 7.0? Or are we stuck with black hands on Steadfast Master robes for the duration now... Probably never gonna get fixed regardless. No matter the fact that I went and paid actual money for it on the CM.. They leave armors bugged out like this constantly. Oh you wasted your money on it? Too bad lol

Hey everyone,

I just made an announcement concerning the launch of our Legacy of the Sith expansion, and I encourage you to read the blog post.

We know you will have some questions in response to the blog, so feel free to ask them here and we'll be addressing them in an FAQ later today which we will continue update as you have more questions.

Be mindful of our forum guidelines as we want to ensure we can quickly answer your concerns and keep more information flowing your way.

---Keith---

So my characters have received a stay of execution?

Will the Christmas miracles never cease. Tell me in advance next time and i'll send you all presents too.

Hey everyone,

I just made an announcement concerning the launch of our Legacy of the Sith expansion, and I encourage you to read the blog post.

We know you will have some questions in response to the blog, so feel free to ask them here and we'll be addressing them in an FAQ later today which we will continue update as you have more questions.

Be mindful of our forum guidelines as we want to ensure we can quickly answer your concerns and keep more information flowing your way.

---Keith---

What will you do about people who subscribed to have the expansion on december & won't have at this day ? Will you extend the subscription dates taking account on unlocking for privilege ? or will we need to pay more & be subscriber in february ?

Good to hear that it is being delayed. Maybe now you will do the things your customers want and not the things they don't want. Instead of always taking one step forward and three steps back you have an opportunity right now to only do positive things for your customers.

Leave Conquest and Renown as is

Don't get rid of the current daily / weekly reset

Modify the gearing to have vendors that sell all gear; don't have BIS gear locked behind Ops;

Allow your customers to play what they want to play to earn rewards that will allow them all to eventually get BIS gear

Focus on getting multiple builds right

If you do these things I predict the vast majority of your customers will be happy. If you keep going down your current path I predict you lose a lot of your current customers.

How is this living document doing - is it breathing on its own or on life support?!

An answer regarding potential for refunds or extended sub time would be appreciated sooner rather than later. If there is one thing to take from this whole episode is the need to communicate in a timely fashion rather than leaving it on the long finger.

If its a no to some form of redress then an honest upfront no would be preferable to one a week from 15th February or worse still, to be completely ignored. An olive branch of some sort would be apprciated and not unprecedented in this game.

Once again we do appriaciate that **** happens and that a good game update is better than a rushed poor one and we also appreciate that you guys need leisure time like the rest of us. I'd have been lost without SWTOR during lockdown in 2020 and 2021, pretty sure other would have been too.

Well Lost Ark announced for Feb 11th. A new to us MMO but established in Korea as a great dev team that listens to players and makes frequent updates.

People can argue back and forth about whether those of us who came back to the game and subbed a week early for the xpac so we could play a little and get our character sorted deserve any compensation.

But you cannot argue that we at least deserve acknowledgement. A recognition that they know a lot of people did that and that they're sorry we wasted our money because of their poor planning. If they had to delay two months then they knew much sooner than 1 week beforehand that there would be at least some sort of delay even if they didn't know how long. Taking the road of "we are the good guys, we don't want to ship an unfinished project" without saying a single thing about the people who subbed for the xpac is straight up dishonest. They know what happened.

If they don't say a single thing, and ignore all of us, then they can forget me coming back to this game at all. Not even as f2p. If they don't respect their paying customers they don't deserve customers. Which in case any of you white knights in here forgot, they are not a passion project doing us a favor. They are a major company and we are their customers who pay their salaries.

Edited by yseviel

If they don't say a single thing, and ignore all of us, then they can forget me coming back to this game at all. Not even as f2p. If they don't respect their paying customers they don't deserve customers. Which in case any of you white knights in here forgot, they are not a passion project doing us a favor. They are a major company and we are their customers who pay their salaries.

Totally agree.

Re: Refunds

This is likely a decision that Keith is unable to make unilaterally; and needs to be run up the chain to probably some VP (or perhaps higher) at EA. Likely multiple meetings would be held about whether or not to extend refunds and to determine the criteria to identify such accounts objectively.

Would it be nice for Keith or someone else to mention this? Yes, but you shouldn't expect it. The Team has never commented about the business side of things to my knowledge until a decision has been made.

Dear SWTOR team,

Thank you for making the decision to do it right. You faced a no win scenario. You either miss the date you promised and anger players, or you put out a product that isn't what you said it would be (i.e. isn't really finished) and anger the players. I know that many digital consumers have become sick and tired of seeing unfinished products be released. And even more we are fed up with unfinished products being released and then gaslighted to believe that it's all fine.

Thank you for reading the room and choosing to err on the side of missing the date. Thank you to the Devs who told Management it wasn't ready. Thank you to the Managers who listened to the Devs. Thank you to the Managers who have chosen a new date that specifically takes into account time for the whole team to get some good holiday time in with their loved ones. I am thrilled to hear that part of the time needed is so that the company can allow its employees to go and be happy and celebrate the season with their families and loved ones and not work.

I want to give my money to a company that values the quality of product they produce. I want to give money to a company that values their employees. I want to give my money to a company that respects my patronage.

Take the time you need. Be cautious about promises made (including both dates and about quality and function), and when you make a mistake or misjudge something, own, it, correct it, and keep me informed.

I hope all of you have a fantastic end of year season filled with joy and laughter. I look forward to seeing a polished product in February.

Edited by LudovicoAriosto