Itemization in 7.0

EricMusco

in the past, we already had a gear system that just gave BIS gear to the ppl playing mm operations.

this got ppl to play the content, yes. but around 30% of the ppl in the groups i played with,

stopped after having BIS gear. so we need to replace them and fit the new ones in the group.

this also means to equip some of them and do stuff, we already did and didn't wanted to do anymore.

so the group progress was slowed down again and again.

when they introduced prio-operations (mm loot out of vm operations), this was not an issue anymore

and we even could integrade ppl working in shifts or with less time, but with the skill and mindset needed.

and with the actual system it is the best, because you even could get BIS augments just by running heroics.

so gear is not an issue at all.

i know that you can clear most content even with old augments and it was proven in so many runs,

but even the range of skill in mm groups is very large and some groups profit from better gear more.

and with better gear, the ppl are more confident.

so i don't see the need for a change at all and i really think, if they wan't to do it that way,

that they need to give an option to the players, who can't finish mm content, for example with

prio operations in vm. especially because the population is not that high, willing to play the content.

regarding the modable gear i also think that this will fail. you just can modify it with augments

and tbh i can't imagine that the static gear will work for every class and skill. it has been proven so many times.

but it the actual system is so complex, the majority of players don't get it, even if they are in it, since the introduction.

to cut the useless stuff out, would be the better way, i think.

but we will see.

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually 7.0 will not contain the new operation, that comes in an update one month or so later. But there is the new Manaan weekly area, new Flashpoint, new Story, two combat styles, loadouts, and weapons in costumes.

Ok i forgot the weekliy on Manaan, but all the design changes are not new content

Actually 7.0 will not contain the new operation, that comes in an update one month or so later. But there is the new Manaan weekly area, new Flashpoint, new Story, two combat styles, loadouts, and weapons in costumes.

Well the new story content is part of Manaan and the new flashpoint, so essentially one planet with a weekly, and one flashpoint. 6.0 had two planets, one of which had a Weekly, the other had various quests/heroics, and a flashpoint. 6.0 had more content story wise than what 7.0 looks to. You can't really include the combat styles/loadout/weapon outfitter in that list, that's not 'content' that's just fluff they've spent the majority of their time and resources on.

Edited by Farferello

As far as we know by now the new content in 7.0 will be one new Operation, one new Flashpoint and a tiny bit of new Story.

Maybe there is more but i am skeptical.

Weren't we getting another new planet? I could have sworn they mentioned something about it in the livestream. I'm honestly hoping for some decent storyline that is longer than the 6.0 story. Even the 4.0 an 5.0 story chapters were a lot longer than the Onderon/Mek-sha storyline.

As far as we know by now the new content in 7.0 will be one new Operation, one new Flashpoint and a tiny bit of new Story.

Maybe there is more but i am skeptical.

No, that’s about right. This will be the lightest amount of playable content we’ve ever received from an expansion. I’m not even sure you can call it expansion at this point.

The "year long celebration" is just another way of saying:

" sorry we spent all of out time and resource on revamping how the game is played, discouraging solo players, REMOVING things that many players like, hiding valued gear ... (and anything else we could think of) .. until we no longer had had the time to mess with the rest of the game. "

This is one time the old man is hoping he's really wrong. But that conclusion seems dubious at best !

The "year long celebration" is just another way of saying:

" sorry we spent all of out time and resource on revamping how the game is played, discouraging solo players, REMOVING things that many players like, hiding valued gear ... (and anything else we could think of) .. until we no longer had had the time to mess with the rest of the game. "

This is one time the old man is hoping he's really wrong. But that conclusion seems dubious at best !

With age comes wisdom 😉

That was the highlight of the stream. Everything else was lack lustre. Probably the least informative pre-expansion live stream I’ve seen them do.

I know but too much other stuff I seriously doubt they would touch on in a stream as it would be opening a can of worms and they would need to explain their reasons and right now they don't seem to want to talk about that as they have ignored most of those types of questions for months now.

I know but too much other stuff I seriously doubt they would touch on in a stream as it would be opening a can of worms and they would need to explain their reasons and right now they don't seem to want to talk about that as they have ignored most of those types of questions for months now.

Usually they are keen to tell us about flash points, OPs etc or have voice actors or anything. This time it felt like they had nothing to tell us except the date.

Usually they are keen to tell us about flash points, OPs etc or have voice actors or anything. This time it felt like they had nothing to tell us except the date.

Think they were afraid to say much about the operation as that would have definitely opened up the can of worms they are trying to avoid right now. They don't seem to want to discuss anything right now so they can go on their holiday and not discuss it and then maybe in Feb they talk about it. (which might be a little late for some people)

Edited by casirabit

They did have a pre-recorded interview with Enuka Okuma (who voices Tau Idair) before the live stream started. I missed a lot of it because I wasn't aware of it beforehand but from what I saw she is a cool person and it was a good interview. For me, that was the highlight of the whole thing.

Launch date was announced:

December 14

14 December? Gee, I wonder who called that?

From where did you get the idea that 7.0 was launching in 2 months? Today is 15 September, 2 months from now is mid November. They said holidays 2021, which for everyone not in the US that means Christmas, so it is more like 3 months yet with a release somewhere around 14 December (21 December at the latest).

14 December gives them exactly one week to do their emergency patch.

If they did not announce it on the stream, Life Day will also likely start on the 14th.

• Dev Post

Will the achievements currently categorized under "Spoils of War", the Equipment Sets and Tactical Items also be moved to the Feats of Strength category or will they still be achievable in 7.0?

• The Spoils of War equipment sets will no longer drop from content nor be able to be directly purchased from a vendor. As a result, the achievements will be moved to the Feats of Strength category. The sets will still be obtainable via Kai Zykken’s Random Unique Items box.

Hi all,

We wanted to share a small change we’ve made regarding this piece of information shared previously in the thread:

While this is still true, we’ve added a new Legacy Title for each Equipment Set achievement unlocked before the 7.0 release. If you already have any of these achievements, upon 7.0’s release you will be automatically granted the appropriate titles. If you do not yet have them, the achievements will still be obtainable in 7.0 as the sets can still be purchased via Kai Zykken’s Random Unique Items box.

The full list of titles is:

• Quick Thinker
  • Probe Tech
  • Escape Artist
  • The Slow Road
  • The Authority
  • Superiority
  • The Tactician
  • Aggressive Treatment
  • The Debilitator
  • Outlaws Parlay
  • Precise Targeter
  • Ballistic Concentration
  • Established Foothold
  • Repositioning
  • Game Plan
  • Squad Leader
  • Hunter Killer
  • Woad's Instinct
  • The Notorious
  • Concentrated Fire
  • Apex Predator
  • Tech Medic
  • Restorative Drive
  • Emergency Power
  • The Right Price
  • Veteran Ranger
  • Meteor Brawler
  • The Strategist
  • Taskmaster
  • Final Breath
  • The Preserver
  • The Victor
  • Trishin's Retort
  • Rapid Response
  • The Berserker
  • Dying Precision
  • The Avenger
  • Stationary Grit
  • Stimulated
  • The Entertainer
  • Dire Retaliation
  • The Controller
  • Decelerator
  • Soulbender
  • Shadow Purger
  • Efficient Termination
  • Ballast Point
  • The Rebuking Assault
  • Death Knell
  • The Murderous Revelation
  • Saber Master
  • Unyielding Protector
  • Endless Offensive
  • The Gathering Storm
  • Empowered Restorer
  • Revitalized Mystic
  • Descent of the Fearless
  • Perfect Form
  • Force Bound
  • The Undying
  • Nimble Master
  • The Tormented
  • Lord of Pain
  • Fulminating Defense
  • Flawless Riposte
  • Comet Champion
  • The Culling Blade
  • Dashing Blademaster

I will be updating my original post to include this info. Thanks!

Hi all,

We wanted to share a small change we’ve made regarding this piece of information shared previously in the thread:

While this is still true, we’ve added a new Legacy Title for each Equipment Set achievement unlocked before the 7.0 release. If you already have any of these achievements, upon 7.0’s release you will be automatically granted the appropriate titles. If you do not yet have them, the achievements will still be obtainable in 7.0 as the sets can still be purchased via Kai Zykken’s Random Unique Items box.

Thats great to hear Jackie! Many have been discussing this, great that you changed your opinion on this.

Hi all,

• Quick Thinker
  • Probe Tech
  • Escape Artist
  • The Slow Road
  • The Authority
  • Superiority
  • The Tactician
  • Aggressive Treatment
  • The Debilitator
  • Outlaws Parlay
  • Precise Targeter
  • Established Foothold
  • Repositioning
  • Game Plan
  • Squad Leader
  • Hunter Killer
  • Woad's Instinct
  • The Notorious
  • Concentrated Fire
  • Apex Predator
  • Tech Medic
  • Restorative Drive
  • Emergency Power
  • The Right Price
  • Veteran Ranger
  • Meteor Brawler
  • The Strategist
  • Taskmaster
  • Final Breath
  • The Preserver
  • The Victor
  • Trishin's Retort
  • Rapid Response
  • The Berserker
  • Dying Precision
  • The Avenger
  • Stationary Grit
  • Stimulated
  • The Entertainer
  • Dire Retaliation
  • The Controller
  • Decelerator
  • Soulbender
  • Shadow Purger
  • Efficient Termination
  • Ballast Point
  • The Rebuking Assault
  • Death Knell
  • Saber Master
  • Unyielding Protector
  • Endless Offensive
  • The Gathering Storm
  • Empowered Restorer
  • Revitalized Mystic
  • Perfect Form
  • Force Bound
  • The Undying
  • Nimble Master
  • The Tormented
  • Lord of Pain
  • Fulminating Defense
  • Flawless Riposte
  • Comet Champion
  • The Culling Blade
  • Dashing Blademaster

It's wonderful that the achievements can still be completed. I have a question about the sets and tacticals that are currently being crafted. Will these then also be added to Kai Zykken as purchasable items or will they still be available to the crafters for crafting?

Hi all,

• Quick Thinker
  • Probe Tech
  • Escape Artist
  • The Slow Road
  • The Authority
  • Superiority
  • The Tactician
  • Aggressive Treatment
  • The Debilitator
  • Outlaws Parlay
  • Precise Targeter
  • Established Foothold
  • Repositioning
  • Game Plan
  • Squad Leader
  • Hunter Killer
  • Woad's Instinct
  • The Notorious
  • Concentrated Fire
  • Apex Predator
  • Tech Medic
  • Restorative Drive
  • Emergency Power
  • The Right Price
  • Veteran Ranger
  • Meteor Brawler
  • The Strategist
  • Taskmaster
  • Final Breath
  • The Preserver
  • The Victor
  • Trishin's Retort
  • Rapid Response
  • The Berserker
  • Dying Precision
  • The Avenger
  • Stationary Grit
  • Stimulated
  • The Entertainer
  • Dire Retaliation
  • The Controller
  • Decelerator
  • Soulbender
  • Shadow Purger
  • Efficient Termination
  • Ballast Point
  • The Rebuking Assault
  • Death Knell
  • Saber Master
  • Unyielding Protector
  • Endless Offensive
  • The Gathering Storm
  • Empowered Restorer
  • Revitalized Mystic
  • Perfect Form
  • Force Bound
  • The Undying
  • Nimble Master
  • The Tormented
  • Lord of Pain
  • Fulminating Defense
  • Flawless Riposte
  • Comet Champion
  • The Culling Blade
  • Dashing Blademaster

Good to see that the 6.0 set bonus armor chevos will still be available in 7.0. Buy. I have to ask, is there any way we can have one last Double Rewards event before 7.0? Especially since the Itemization in 7.0 article was posted AFTER the most recent Double Rewards event ended, it, which means that a lot of players are trying to rush to finish gaining the Renown achievements, and may not be able to get there before the 14th. And now players can use it to get up to the most current Story update before 7.0!

Why are they only going to be available via the "loot box" box from Kai?

Why wouldn't it hurt to make them purchasable from vendors to finish off the ones some of us need?

What the .....?

If I had to guess.

1) It'll be a much needed credit sink that will still be in the game.

2) Since many people have been using Kai specifically for this, they may feel it only fair for everyone to have to get them this way. This way everyone has to grind these sets the same way.

These are just 2 possible reasons behind not just putting them on a vendor of course.

Something to consider I don't have all of the sets yet personally. While I would definitely take advantage if they were put on the vendor to finish off my last set, I understand why it wouldn't be fair to others if they just put on them on the vendors for everyone to easily get. We'll still have a chance to get them in 7.0, and that is the important thing.

Why are they only going to be available via the "loot box" box from Kai?

Why wouldn't it hurt to make them purchasable from vendors to finish off the ones some of us need?

Honestly I don't think it would be a terrible idea to make them available for large amounts of credits, post-7.0. The game needs more credit sinks. Why not let these sets fulfil that function?

Honestly I don't think it would be a terrible idea to make them available for large amounts of credits, post-7.0. The game needs more credit sinks. Why not let these sets fulfil that function?

By having them random they are already large credit sinks tho. I've probably spent Billions trying to get all of the sets.