Itemization in 7.0

EricMusco

Nice to see that all that time collecting sets will mean something for those who get them.

I also agree that it would be a good idea to add the sets in as credit sinks rather than relying entirely on RNG - which 7.0 is supposed to be against.

Another potential option would be to add them to a lootbox alongside the current alliance crates as a heroic mission reward - then you pick or choose which you want, alliance crate or onslaught gear.

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

We wanted to share a small change we’ve made regarding this piece of information shared previously in the thread:

While this is still true, we’ve added a new Legacy Title for each Equipment Set achievement unlocked before the 7.0 release. If you already have any of these achievements, upon 7.0’s release you will be automatically granted the appropriate titles. If you do not yet have them, the achievements will still be obtainable in 7.0 as the sets can still be purchased via Kai Zykken’s Random Unique Items box.

The full list of titles is:

(insert long list here)

I will be updating my original post to include this info. Thanks!

Oh.

Joy.

More.

Titles.

I'm.

So.

Underwhelmed.

JUST GIVE US ACCESS TO THE SETS!!! Even if they've had the bonuses removed, let us have access to them through a vendor!!! SMH

I'm so NOT looking forward to this trainwreck of a so-called "expansion" that I might consider just going back to LotRO!!!

Is there any way to get the set pieces that never registered as part of the achievement to register? I know this was an issue that was supposedly fixed a while back, but I still have pieces that aren't showing up as collected.

Apart from that, it would have been nice if you had told us about these titles earlier so we could have made the decision to farm for them sooner than the eleventh hour.

Hi all,

We wanted to share a small change we’ve made regarding this piece of information shared previously in the thread:

While this is still true, we’ve added a new Legacy Title for each Equipment Set achievement unlocked before the 7.0 release. If you already have any of these achievements, upon 7.0’s release you will be automatically granted the appropriate titles. If you do not yet have them, the achievements will still be obtainable in 7.0 as the sets can still be purchased via Kai Zykken’s Random Unique Items box.

I'm happy to hear the achievements will still be available and I do love legacy fluff! However, could you please lower the fragment cost? With 68 sets of 7 pieces, the odds of getting anything we need to complete a set we don't already have are astronomical! The changes to conquest make it take significantly longer to gain fragments and these sets will just be cosmetic. Putting them on a random vendor is already sadistic enough without them having a high fragment cost. You need a good credit sink, but this isn't it with the 3k fragment requirement.

Edited by Damask_Rose

Is there any way to get the set pieces that never registered as part of the achievement to register? I know this was an issue that was supposedly fixed a while back, but I still have pieces that aren't showing up as collected.

Apart from that, it would have been nice if you had told us about these titles earlier so we could have made the decision to farm for them sooner than the eleventh hour.

I'm wearing 6 pieces of GS and the only one registering as collected is the head piece I am not wearing.

Yes it has to be mail. You can mail it to yourself on either side. There are no restrictions. You can even mail it to the same character if you’ve only got one.

Tried to mail it to the character I was using it on but the game does not allow you to mail to yourself (same toon).

Tried to mail it to the character I was using it on but the game does not allow you to mail to yourself (same toon).

Worst case, just create a random lvl 1 toon, mail it to them and mail it back. Doesn't even have to be the same class. And you don't need to equip it. As long as you have 2 toons on the server, you should be able to mail it and get credit for it.

Hi all,

• Quick Thinker
  • Probe Tech
  • Escape Artist
  • The Slow Road
  • The Authority
  • Superiority
  • The Tactician
  • Aggressive Treatment
  • The Debilitator
  • Outlaws Parlay
  • Precise Targeter
  • Ballistic Concentration
  • Established Foothold
  • Repositioning
  • Game Plan
  • Squad Leader
  • Hunter Killer
  • Woad's Instinct
  • The Notorious
  • Concentrated Fire
  • Apex Predator
  • Tech Medic
  • Restorative Drive
  • Emergency Power
  • The Right Price
  • Veteran Ranger
  • Meteor Brawler
  • The Strategist
  • Taskmaster
  • Final Breath
  • The Preserver
  • The Victor
  • Trishin's Retort
  • Rapid Response
  • The Berserker
  • Dying Precision
  • The Avenger
  • Stationary Grit
  • Stimulated
  • The Entertainer
  • Dire Retaliation
  • The Controller
  • Decelerator
  • Soulbender
  • Shadow Purger
  • Efficient Termination
  • Ballast Point
  • The Rebuking Assault
  • Death Knell
  • The Murderous Revelation
  • Saber Master
  • Unyielding Protector
  • Endless Offensive
  • The Gathering Storm
  • Empowered Restorer
  • Revitalized Mystic
  • Descent of the Fearless
  • Perfect Form
  • Force Bound
  • The Undying
  • Nimble Master
  • The Tormented
  • Lord of Pain
  • Fulminating Defense
  • Flawless Riposte
  • Comet Champion
  • The Culling Blade
  • Dashing Blademaster

This was a good idea for giving something back to players who stayed subscribed through 6.x and collected most or even all the set bonus shells.

Even if the point totals from the achievements go to 0, at least players will get some legacy titles from the process.

Thanks for reading over the feedback and implementing a positive change.

This may be too much work, but I thought I'd bring it up: keeping all these sets amounts to a ton of storage space. Is there any way they can also be put in Collections, like the Alliance crate armors soon will be?

As the game ages, even folks who never thought they'd ever need as many character slots as are on a server start to see this might not necessarily be true.

Most of the new characters I've created in recent years are simply used for storage. I didn't count, but 1 character may not even be able to store all the 6.x set bonus armors, which include some unique older looks from endgame or other sources that were previously removed from the game.

Especially with Combat Styles encouraging folks to play the 1.0 class stories again with what used to be a different advanced class, having multiple "ats" at a low level devoted to storage becomes a liability.

Since there's no practical way to replace the 6.x sets, I thought making a suggestion for their inclusion in Collections was, at least in theory, reasonable.

Edited by arunav

Is there any way to get the set pieces that never registered as part of the achievement to register? I know this was an issue that was supposedly fixed a while back, but I still have pieces that aren't showing up as collected..

If you have the whole set, mail it to another character, that will trigger the achievement.

Hi all,

• Quick Thinker
  • Probe Tech
  • Escape Artist
  • The Slow Road
  • The Authority
  • Superiority
  • The Tactician
  • Aggressive Treatment
  • The Debilitator
  • Outlaws Parlay
  • Precise Targeter
  • Ballistic Concentration
  • Established Foothold
  • Repositioning
  • Game Plan
  • Squad Leader
  • Hunter Killer
  • Woad's Instinct
  • The Notorious
  • Concentrated Fire
  • Apex Predator
  • Tech Medic
  • Restorative Drive
  • Emergency Power
  • The Right Price
  • Veteran Ranger
  • Meteor Brawler
  • The Strategist
  • Taskmaster
  • Final Breath
  • The Preserver
  • The Victor
  • Trishin's Retort
  • Rapid Response
  • The Berserker
  • Dying Precision
  • The Avenger
  • Stationary Grit
  • Stimulated
  • The Entertainer
  • Dire Retaliation
  • The Controller
  • Decelerator
  • Soulbender
  • Shadow Purger
  • Efficient Termination
  • Ballast Point
  • The Rebuking Assault
  • Death Knell
  • The Murderous Revelation
  • Saber Master
  • Unyielding Protector
  • Endless Offensive
  • The Gathering Storm
  • Empowered Restorer
  • Revitalized Mystic
  • Descent of the Fearless
  • Perfect Form
  • Force Bound
  • The Undying
  • Nimble Master
  • The Tormented
  • Lord of Pain
  • Fulminating Defense
  • Flawless Riposte
  • Comet Champion
  • The Culling Blade
  • Dashing Blademaster

Wow, players will keep their sub now and will no longer complain about 7.0 armor (sarcasm off).:mad:

Last week we lost 11 guild members who additionally will cancel their sub (I'll be number 12 if this nonsens

will go live).

I've played Swtor since 2012 but the 7.0 itemization decision is far too much for me!:mad::mad::mad:

Wow, players will keep their sub now and will no longer complain about 7.0 armor (sarcasm off).:mad:

Last week we lost 11 guild members who additionally will cancel their sub (I'll be number 12 if this nonsens

will go live).

I've played Swtor since 2012 but the 7.0 itemization decision is far too much for me!:mad::mad::mad:

Your's is not the only guild already losing players.

With set bonuses going away, what does it matter what gear you have if your super power legendary Items are all that matters? Hopefully this update makes this game fun again. kind of tired of Subscribing to a grind that later, doesn't matter.

People grinded out getting gear now it won't matter.

With set bonuses going away, what does it matter what gear you have if your super power legendary Items are all that matters? Hopefully this update makes this game fun again. kind of tired of Subscribing to a grind that later, doesn't matter.

It comes down to being able to min maxing your stats. Some of the sets are less optimised than others and some classes need specific stats to really shine.

If you have 306 set gear, hold on to them for a bit. The bonus might not be part of the gear anymore, but for the characters I have tried on the PTS the 306 gear is better than the gear they are releasing (especially for solo players) I only tested the 318 but my 306 is still better.

but why would u want that when every path will have at least 334 and BiS will be 336

Well given that 75 had 36 Levels from 270-306, I'd say your wrong. I'd expect at least 355-359+ as we should see 38-41 Levels with 80 at least.

Still I don't like we'll have but a single OP to earn new gear, and then it will have to be MASTER. Given the limited single Flashpoint and OP initially they should release it for both, and also VET or Master Mode. :(

I've know Conquest drop 80 Gear as well, while no Credit's you'll get a single crate at the end of each week. With RENOWN gone it will take 10x Longer if not more, to earn Max Item Level. It will be something people will take a lot longer to earn on just their MAIN let alone a few ALTs.

Communication has been very limited, and really not much good news, except Weapons being allowed as outfits in 7.0 from what I gather.

Edited by Strathkin