Itemization in 7.0

EricMusco

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The world feels blander and sterile, there is no Dark or Light, only neutrality. Neutrality is not very inspiring.

Overall, this is a substantial downgrade, apart from more "choices" by making available that which was already there. Now you can be closer to everything. But also ultimately nothing.

---

Edited by Sernon

I'm a Solo player who also plays in a guild of friends. I play PVE not PVP and I do not craft; and do not have the creds to splash out on kit in the Galactic Market (so am dependent on in game drops). I'm also a subscriber.

A couple of things:

1. Load-outs are nice ... the Smuggler I was playing with the guild I can now continue with as she is much more playable as a sniper :D
  2. With the loss of renown I don't see any real point in going beyond L80 which means I can't see the point of KOTEE and KOTFE content :mad:
    • no renown leveling up means I don't get the L290+ equipment drops that I was getting in the renown crates.

• Also whats the point of character advancement, maybe it was a meaningless number to some but not to me

• leveling up and getting the crates meant something to me, and helped me push past some of the content I was not enamored with (Iokath)

The removal of renown without something better (or even equivalent) in it's place is really, REALLY BLOODY ANNOYING. Now I'm not sure I want to play beyond L80; and am thinking why bother subscribing

:mad:

Also whilst I'm having a bit of a Rant. why is everything so expensive in Cartel Coins If it improves your toons attacks and defense then fair enough; but 1-3K coin for a cosmetic or cute speeder ... REALLY? As a subscriber 500 Cartel coin a month does not "cut the mustard" If you want to keep subscribers then look at ways to make them feel genuinely rewarded.

At the moment I don't feel valued.

Your new "gearing" system is absolute junk Bioware.

There was nothing wrong with the 6.0 gearing system - not everyone wants to devote hours to grinding time-gated gear every day following set tasks like dailies. FREEDOM is what you need to give us.

Then again you have a proven track record of not understanding what your community wants. Even when they're shouting it.

Your game is full of casuals that enjoy it for the stories and occasional flashpoints. Forcing us into this combination of a grind and operations once again shows how disconnected your development team and their direction really are from your player-base.

Furthermore I'll add that after playing what little "expansion" there was on release day it comes through as positively lazy. Is this really an expansion? More like a medium-sized content update, and not a very good one.

Your repulsive UI is also a thing of wonder, given that it could not have been done worse. Aesthetically it leaves much to be desired yes, but it is its technical failings that really shine through. It looks and feels cheap, it hurts the users FPS if you can believe it - even on a RTX 3090. Overall one of your biggest blunders this expansion and that's already acknowledging that the bar regarding failures and botched content is truly extremely high.

I could even make a convincing case that just the trailer itself has a bigger budget thrown at it than your entire expansion. Pitiful as it is.

Had there been no "expansion" I would doubtlessly have remained subbed. However Bioware has made it their agenda to obliterate the enjoyable feel the game carried with it for many years in favour of a new and unproven direction which in my opinion is anathema to what I and the community desire. I will evidently be un-subscribing.

Good luck catering to those that do agree with your direction.

I rarely post anything on the forums, but this time I'm compelled to do so.

I despise the gearing changes in 7.0. The changes reportedly coming in 7.1 make it even worse. I'm pretty sure everything I wanted to say was said already by other members of the community, but let me reiterate it one more time:

• There was nothing wrong with 6.0 gearing. Modifications were a fine and versatile system, made min-maxing interesting and engaging. You could tailor your gear in any way you wanted. Right now, you are forced to wear the exact same thing everyone wears, while the good stuff is locked behind the content 99% of players won't even touch.
  • Even worse, if you really plan to bring back mods as OPS rewards, it will make my previous point even more frustrating - you took a perfectly good mechanic and locked it away. Just... why?
  • I consider removing set bonuses a huge slap in our (collective) face. We've been grinding to get some of those for a long time, and you just made them useless. Even worse, their "replacement" is locked behind an even worse grind.

I could live with simplified gearing, if all the new sets were easily available for everyone, just harder to upgrade. Taking away what we've already had is just bad and inconsiderate design, though.

I've never seen such a consistently bad feedback as 7.0 is getting right now. Please, take it to the heart Bioware. Reverting to 6.0 system probably won't happen, but at least take us solo players into consideration from now on. We want freedom, not railroading and grind.

Edited by Blues_Otters

So I played bioware's way. I have now full sets of IR 324 and IR 326(Thyrsian), 4 upgraded implants. All at the cost of the fun I had with this game. Because GSF/PvP, and waiting for hours at the fleet for the (uncertain) OP group are not what I enjoy. And playing the story while being left behind in terms of equipment? No, thanks.

And that's only 1 part of what I'm unhappy with 7.0, so I'll be off to greener pastures, real soon.

while the good stuff is locked behind the content 99% of players won't even touch.

A bit insane to lock the good stuff behind a content (eg. Nightmare - sush, It remains a Nightmare mode for me, too old to change) wich itself don't require te good stuff to complete, since you have to do it wearing with not-so-good stuff to begin with

So whats the point again?

You already ran those contents dozen if not houndreds of times to finally have your shiny new 330 gear to...

...be able to run them again, just like this time, you know, smoother? Save a minute or two?

Edited by Nikhael

Hello all,

I originally wanted to write a somewhat longer text here about what I find crap about 7.0.

However, I don't think anyone will read it at all. Let alone that any changes will be made.

I don't know who came up with the change to 7.0, but I've decided after careful consideration not to be annoyed anymore.

So without further ado - I have cancelled my subscription.

To everyone who thinks the changes are great, good for you - have fun!

This is the first time EVER I posted in the forum after almost a decade of playing the game.

I sadly have to agree to all the negative feed back posted here regarding the 7.0 “expansion”.

Being mainly a solo player that really enjoy class stories, content play and occasionally do flashpoints etc I’m supremely disappointed with this “expension”!! A few hours of play only to end up with a BADLY BUGGED BOSS, seriously??

That’s just pathetic and an insult to all players!!

I’d been looking forward to a good expansion for a long time and this was just a huge let down. To make matters worse BioWare fubared any chances for any meaningful upgrades of gear for all but a handful of elite grinders. I’ve done a few ops over the decade I played this game and I don’t really enjoy it and now that supposed to be the only way to max out your gear??? How very insightful and considerate of the dews, the majority of the players just got screwed!!

The changes thar came from 6.0 wasn’t too bad and it gave everyone a chance to upgrade and customize gear playing the game in a way that suited everyone. 7.0 not so much…

And as some who enjoyed crafting 7.0 was massive let down!!! Spending days to acquire crafting set with max crit for all crafters only to see it gone over night. Not to mention that all crafters are reduced to crafting some med packs, stims and over priced augments. That really sucked!!

I could go on and on about the disappointment of this “expansion”, ESPECIALLY the l pitiful lack of new content, but I digress…..

I’m sad to say that unless things change, and quickly, to something that suits ALL players I’m joining the bandwagon of peeps canceling their subscriptions.

• 2 weeks later...

honestly feel like the casual player should have access to getting at least 326 gear in an easier way, its annoying doing flashpoints or pugging hardmode operations and having to votekick/remove players who have geared between 322-326 but not enough skill on their class/spec. last expansion even an average player would be able to easily contribute enough damage to clear all such content with ease since they were overgeared with their full 306 gear

making the average player have higher gear is a win for all, pugs will on average be less bad as gear will carry them which helps all types of players just clear content faster

I got gold 306 gear on all my 16 characters playing story / solo content.

Mod bonuses were nice.

Was happy. Carried on playing story / solo content.

Now I have to play content I hate to gear up again even though I was fine before?

(Not that I will play it.)

Mod bonuses gone.

Gear trashed.

Who decides what I should play?

Not me it seems.

Edited by Rammboo

WHY THE HELL you remove achievement points that so many players spend so much time to gain?

transfer anywhere you want the icons BUT DONT TOUCH the Achievement points, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH with this **** removal each update you make

This is the ONLY game that done and keep doing this in all years of MMO existence !!!.

Edited by Kissakias

• 4 months later...

I don't suppose there is any update on when the DvL bosses will be re-added?

It's pretty frustrating that the achievements for killing them are still 'live' with no way to complete them currently. It would be nice to know roughly when they will be re-added, or perhaps if those achievements will be relegated to Feats of Strength and worth 0 points