Launcher Issues (Re-installing whole game)

MasterTrickery

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet I know the problem...and I've seen it before on other systems. Some Dev screwed up the versioning number and the system keeps downloading what it thinks is the current version, but is actually marked an older version. This then causes the download to re-initiate automatically.

• Dev Post

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience as we investigated this issue. It has been resolved, however, please note that players who have downloaded or started to download the patch will have to re-download the game in its entirety. Those who have not patched should be able to log in and play the game as normal. We apologize for the inconvenience to the impacted players.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience as we investigated this issue. It has been resolved, however, please note that players who have downloaded or started to download the patch will have to re-download the game in its entirety. Those who have not patched should be able to log in and play the game as normal. We apologize for the inconvenience to the impacted players.

If we may ask out of curiousity, Jackie, can you tell us what the problem turned out to be?

Hi everyone,

The resolution is if you tried to play the game you're screwed? That's pretty lame. I don't expect compensation but like, big yikes

An apology, this is not good enough, and you are told that you have to re-install the game? Time wasted and resetting everything in the game, it is so simple for them to just "apologize", and it doesn't tell you if you have to completely delete the game or keep trying the launcher..... Edited by Adistoy

Hi everyone,

Between this instance and the one in Mid-June, that's the second time players have been forced to reinstall the game out of nowhere this year. Maybe it's time for some compensation? A free RPM or OEM? A modest amount of cartel coins?

Hi everyone,

It is still actually doing it for me.

yup....just deleted the game and going through the long process of reinstalling. I have crazy fast download (over 400 mb/s), but the Swtor installer only goes at 8.6 mb/s. Good times.....good times.

I have 1000 mb/s and I am also only getting 8.6 mb/s download on my 30g patch :)

yup....just deleted the game and going through the long process of reinstalling. I have crazy fast download (over 400 mb/s), but the Swtor installer only goes at 8.6 mb/s. Good times.....good times.

You should just install the Steam version. I'm currently in the process of it, it utilizes my whole 500 mbps channel.

Edited by COOLak

Could be that EA is forcing us 2 switch into Steam version ? I bet), that is in the kind of there`s stuff.