Jedi Guardian Feedback

JackieKo

[*]Does this feel like a Jedi Guardian? Please explain why or why not.

None of the specs feel right missing so many abilities, rotations all feel broken and out of wack.

[*]Is there anything that feels missing or out of place in the combat rotation?

Everything that used to be there.

[*]What are your initial thoughts with the effectiveness of the Jedi Guardian against enemies?

Weak none of the specs really feel strong enough to take down Elite or Above enemies, takes a minute+ to take a lone Strong enemy, with my comp dead on the floor.

[*]How are you enjoying or not enjoying this class?

Usually its one of my favorite classes, but right now they don't feel right with so little.

[*]If you have feedback on the different disciplines and ability paths, please note your feedback accordingly so we can track it.

I really hope this is just testing out load outs and we can choose as many of the old abilities as we want when the update drops, the classes depend on using the DCDs and longer rotations in harder content, getting rid of skank tanks in pvp or whatever your trying to do in this update isn't worth cutting everything down so much. Anyone who thinks we have ability bloat isn't doing hard enough content where a lot of that stuff is required.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With PTS now live, you can help test the Combat Style for the Jedi Guardian.

I tried Vigilance Guardian, Loadout A. I play, enjoy, and like the Discipline currently on Live servers.

Does this feel like a Jedi Guardian? Please explain why or why not.

It felt like a Vigilance Guardian in training. A different training from the one I went through in going from 1-75 on the Live servers.

Is there anything that feels missing or out of place in the combat rotation?

The gear given to me on the Fleet should have been level 306 with 286 augments and possibly even perfect amplifiers. That would've allowed me to compare only the changes in the sets of abilities. I got 284 (overall) gear without good amplifiers or augments; on top of it, the companion if at Influence 1 with 30K health. This means the Accuracy and Alacrity are not great. As a result of all of this I cannot evaluate the effect of the missing abilities.

What are your initial thoughts with the effectiveness of the Jedi Guardian against enemies?

The character and companion are woeful when I took them into Sov FP. I quit after the first 3 trash mobs. On Live server, I completed it with a naked character and C2-N2 at Influence 1.

How are you enjoying or not enjoying this class?

Not enjoying it. To begin with: give BiS 306 gear on the Fleet, give all Class Buffs, give 50 Influence with C2-N2, raise C2-N2's health to the right value, give Speeder Piloting 5 (and other legacy perks like Rocket Boost). That will motivate some additional testing on PTS.

If you have feedback on the different disciplines and ability paths, please note your feedback accordingly so we can track it.

This is Vigilance Guardian, Loadout A.

Well, I'll give you that it's early and I do feel like a lot of people here are overreacting in a sense to the reduction of skills.

Generally people hate change and will always lean towards what's more comfortable for them even if it is more cumbersome.

Having said that, remember I only said in a sense.

My impressions are that there is work that needs to be done in terms of balance and defining the different characteristics.

Because old ways and old rotations are cemented in with a lot of players who would bother to comment on the forums I think that a lot of feedback is going to be that they don't want anything to change.

I don't know if that's the right way to go, but I also think that they're complaints do point towards something that needs to be absolutely addressed, in that if they are feeling like they're missing their abilities to be effective, then that points to the need to buff the abilities they do have in order to compensate.

The only way this will work is if players who have to choose between different abilities maintain effectiveness no matter what they choose, but likewise those abilities achieve the same objectives through different means thus giving a feeling of variety to the play styles.

I don't feel like that is apparent in the test center right now. Perhaps because it was a little too rushed.

The concept is going to fall flat because the abilities have not been tuned and you do have to keep in mind that the people who are testing are likely going to be hardcore PVP and raiders. They are the ones who are going to Care the most about the rotations and be the most picky that those rotations are going to be changed and that they will have to learn something new.

So you better make it worth their while to learn something new otherwise you're going to hear it and are already hearing it.

I guess having played this, the point of my post is I can see the potential here. But there is a very long way to go and I don't know that the development team did themselves any favors in terms of getting valuable feedback with what they put out on test center currently; to me this is a parent because everyone is complaining in saying not to change anything.

I do think changes are needed to keep up with more modern MMOs, and simplification of the abilities to a point I think is long overdue, but I also think that if you're trying to make that argument with what's on test center, you're going to fail 100 times out of 100.

The last piece of advice I can give is that the development team is on the right track but this go round was poorly executed.

My only hope is that the abilities lost that can be selected if you pick a different path don't do the same thing as the abilities that are kept for the Jedi guardian.

They're literally is no point to having multiple abilities to do the same thing in different classes with what we have now. The abilities can achieve the same objective but they better go about it in different ways and they better make sense for the class loadout. And right now they're just isn't enough definition here to make that argument that this is ultimately what will happen and that is what's most concerning to me.

~Level 60 - Choose one passive

Second Wind - Lowers the cooldown of Unleash. Unleash now also heals you.

[A] Preparation - Leaving combat now reduces the remaining cooldown on some skills.

Narrowed Focus - Taking AoE damage now generates AP.

at present you can choose to have 0, 1, 2 or 3 of them, why change that? Again lowers the viability of this class...

And:

what about the other classes to come, similar crap to be expected...

Edited by The_Hightower

No, it feels like half of a Jedi Guardian because half of the abilities are missing.

Yeah, half of the abilites are missing.

What are your initial thoughts with the effectiveness of the Jedi Guardian against enemies?

The class is useless now because half of the abilities are missing.

I'm not enjoying the class at all because, guess what, half of the *********** abilities are missing.

The current classes on live are already easy enough, they absolutely do not need to get dumbed down any further.

• Does this feel like a Jedi Guardian? Please explain why or why not.
  • Is there anything that feels missing or out of place in the combat rotation?
  • What are your initial thoughts with the effectiveness of the Jedi Guardian against enemies?
  • How are you enjoying or not enjoying this class?
  • If you have feedback on the different disciplines and ability paths, please note your feedback accordingly so we can track it.

Feel free to answer in as much detail as possible to help us understand your thought process and line of thinking. Please include the specific Discipline and ability path you chose.

Thank you!

A lot of it still feels like the Guardian, but I'm disappointed about which skills you decided to prune/keep. I'm also really concerned about survivability when you're removing so many DCDs from the specs.

What I'd remove:

(Vicious) Slash: As much as Slash is a starting ability and always has been, Slash is basically bottom-of-the-list once you're higher leveled. I'd either want to see Slash reworked completely or removed.

What I'd modify:

Riposte/Retaliation: This one seems fairly useless in Vigilance

Guard: I suppose others like this skill in all specs, but I'd rather have this skill pruned from Focus/Vigilance rather than some of the skills you actually removed.

What I'd return to base Guardian:

Saber Throw: it seems straight up ridiculous to me that you'd make this skill optional. It's a skill with a ton of uses and the idea of throwing your lightsaber is part of what makes the class IMO.

Saber Reflect: Same reasons as the above. Being able to reflect with your lightsaber is just one of those things I like being able to + it can be really useful.

Edited by Elracor

All feedback goes to Vigilance A discipline (Offensive dps)

>Does this feel like a Jedi Guardian? Please explain why or why not.

No, it does not. As a Vigilance guardian i lost my Shien Stance passive, and many abilities which makes you feel Jedi knight (like saber throw, guardian leap) As a Guardian dps it's feels like not guardian at all with all missing defense abilities.

>Is there anything that feels missing or out of place in the combat rotation?

PTS version is missing Force Clarity ability, while still have Descent of the Fearless set. Also missing saber throw - the ability to pull mobs from distance and occasionally used in rotation as filler. (And again bunch of other abilities which give you utility.) You have both Force Sweep and Vigilant Thrust and they share cooldown. No interrupt or AOE blind.

>What are your initial thoughts with the effectiveness of the Jedi Guardian against enemies?

It's worse in every aspect than current state of Guardian on live servers.

>How are you enjoying or not enjoying this class?

I'm in agony, Seriously it's not enjoyable at all. I've lost all my utility and now I'm default dps class. It's not feels Jedi at all. If this is the way that developers choose I'll enjoy current guardian and when update is out I'll cancel the subscription.

If you want feedback outside of PTS:

Guardian ability Riposte still in both DPS specs while it must be only in tank spec, because unlike other abilities in most situation you do not meet conditions to use it.

Same about ability Guard after recent changes. It can be removed form Vigilance and Focus specs

Ability Slash can be changed to something new for each spec, this way you get rid of rarely used ability (except Tank spec, I guess) and give something new in terms of rotations or mechanics

Edited by SaigZombie

From the DPS perspective after a brief look.

Less than it did. The Guardian was never the strongest damage dealer, but the trade off was that you could take care of yourself a lot longer than the other DPS classes, i.e. you could pull threat off the tank and still survive for a time. A reduction in available defenses, brought on by being made to choose between abilities, removes some of that distinction.

A more important concern for me, and hopefully for you, is iconic look and feel - the game is okay, but if we're all being honest, it's the Star Wars license that draws people in. I don't think you'd have as many players if you were making a Space Fights MMO. Maybe you wouldn't have any. The Jedi Guardian does a pretty good job of matching that iconic look and feel of a Jedi, probably the best in the game. If I watch The Clone Wars, and it puts me in the mood to look for a Star Wars game, and I settle on your game, I don't want to choose between reflecting blaster shots at the enemy, and being agile, because they're both part of that Jedi package. Nobody wants to play a Superman game where you can fly or use heat vision, because the brand is both.

I think you're looking at this from a purely mechanical perspective - saber reflect and blade blitz both make you briefly safe, so lets pare it down to just one - but your game is more than just mechanics and math, it's about visuals and feel. From that perspective, you're moving the wrong way. It's Star Wars iconography and theming that are selling your subscriptions and your cartel coins.

Of course - you removed things, didn't you? I'm not sure what else you're looking for here. Abilities I once had, and now do not, feel missing.

Encounters that were survivable before, are now less so. The game isn't unplayable, but it probably is a little more tedious.

Enjoyable enough, less enjoyable than it was. This is another question where I'm not sure what else you were looking for. What change was made that would make the game more enjoyable? Do you believe you have players who could earnestly say "man, I used to have 6 abilities, but now I have 5, this is awesome!"...I don't think that is a person that exists. That is a person that gets imagined during meetings where nobody knows their customer or their product, has nothing to say, but feels compelled to speak.

I doubt anyone meaningful reads these or takes them to heart, but my summary advice would be to ensure that class distinction and feel survive, i.e. not asking the player to be iconic and Jedi-like in this way, but not that way. I would also say that choices in a game are only good when they're interesting, when a strong case can be made for either. If you're going to go down this path, you need to take care that every choice has no clearly correct answer, because at that point it's no longer a choice at all, it's playing the game correctly or incorrectly. Your choices need to be more well reasoned than choosing not to pick up any mushrooms in Mario. If a guide writer can credibly say "always pick X, never pick Y", then what was the point?

Edit:

is a great summary from Harvey Smith talking about going from Deus Ex to Invisible War, and what went wrong, that I think applies here. It isn't always about mechanics and math, and streamlining doesn't always improve how your game feels to play. Edited by JCDenton

Ok, so I am pretty sure this is a PTS issue and not intended feature, but I am missing some pretty key abilities that should be there, like interrupt and stun break. Given how a lot of PVE mechanics depends on those, removing them makes no sense whatsoever...

Also, missing some active abilities, despite having passives buffing them (I noticed Awe (Abating Defense), Enure (Inner Peace))

Oh, and FWIW, companions are busted and made out of paper mache, with only around 30k HP, not really fun on Onderon...

----------------------------------

Dropping that, Defense[A] feels pretty close to how it is on live, though I am not the greatest defense player out there.

Please answer the following questions:

• Does this feel like a Jedi Guardian? Please explain why or why not.

I never played one so its hard for me to say

• Is there anything that feels missing or out of place in the combat rotation?

Again never played one so hard for me to say, I was able to tank the dailies well enough but more on that later. I do miss the CC breaker and the interrupt however, those are critical.

• What are your initial thoughts with the effectiveness of the Jedi Guardian against enemies?

At least for the dailies it was ok, I didn't had a good idea of a rotation but me and a friend were able to defeat enemies easily. Hard to say how effective it is too with subpar gear, but at least I didn't died while I tanked the mobs.

Well it felt fun doing the dailies with a friend for a while but again hard to say with the lack of experience I have.

• If you have feedback on the different disciplines and ability paths, please note your feedback accordingly so we can track it.

I enjoy the idea of mixing and matching, sort of like how City of Heroes does it a friend of mine talks about how there are multiple "power pools" to choose from so you're not restricted that much in your base class. I'm wondering if this will work similarly. Its too early to judge all of this, I believe waiting a few more weeks, or even months, until at the very least we could test all Force Classes or just Tech classes to get a good feeling for this. That being said I appreciate the transparency in getting feedback this early on and I hope the constructive ones are taken into account.

I do not like the ability pruning. This does not feel like a "greater customization experience." It feels like I am being shoe-horned into a meta because of the ability choices.

This is not set. See main threads:

For this PTS phase, you will only be able to choose static builds we have chosen for you. Future phases will allow you to more freely choose various abilities and passives as you level.

Ok, so I am pretty sure this is a PTS issue and not intended feature, but I am missing some pretty key abilities that should be there, like interrupt and stun break. Given how a lot of PVE mechanics depends on those, removing them makes no sense whatsoever...

Also, missing some active abilities, despite having passives buffing them (I noticed Awe (Abating Defense), Enure (Inner Peace))

Oh, and FWIW, companions are busted and made out of paper mache, with only around 30k HP, not really fun on Onderon...

----------------------------------

Dropping that, Defense[A] feels pretty close to how it is on live, though I am not the greatest defense player out there.

We only have set abilities in the first run, the others/all will open up in later testing. 😉

A lot of it still feels like the Guardian, but I'm disappointed about which skills you decided to prune/keep. I'm also really concerned about survivability when you're removing so many DCDs from the specs.

What I'd remove:

(Vicious) Slash: As much as Slash is a starting ability and always has been, Slash is basically bottom-of-the-list once you're higher leveled. I'd either want to see Slash reworked completely or removed.

What I'd modify:

Riposte/Retaliation: This one seems fairly useless in Vigilance

Guard: I suppose others like this skill in all specs, but I'd rather have this skill pruned from Focus/Vigilance rather than some of the skills you actually removed.

What I'd return to base Guardian:

Saber Throw: it seems straight up ridiculous to me that you'd make this skill optional. It's a skill with a ton of uses and the idea of throwing your lightsaber is part of what makes the class IMO.

Saber Reflect: Same reasons as the above. Being able to reflect with your lightsaber is just one of those things I like being able to + it can be really useful.

Just a quibble on your point regarding saber throw.

Saber throw, the whole concept is launching an offensive by tossing your lightsaber.

The whole concept of a Jedi guardian is one who defends, hence the more tanky ideas.

I would argue that saber throw belongs more for a Jedi Sentinel than a Jedi Guardian.

Saber throw, the whole concept is launching an offensive by tossing your lightsaber.

The whole concept of a Jedi guardian is one who defends, hence the more tanky ideas.

I would argue that saber throw belongs more for a Jedi Sentinel than a Jedi Guardian.

That depends on what you throw it at:

We only have set abilities in the first run, the others/all will open up in later testing. 😉

I know the abilities are preset for this phase (unlike some, i do read devposts), but these are basic abilities that are missing, interrupt and stunbreak, and none of the preset builds has them. Pretty much all the boss encounters currently in the game do depend on one or both from all the participants, or tanks at minimum, so doing those as something to spec into make no sense... (as I do not see BW changing every single encounter to not require them)

The others (Awe and Enure) I can see being something to be speced into, but then the preset builds are effectively gimped by buffing abilities you do not have.

- The feeling I got playing it reminds me of the tutorial mode at the start of KOTFE. It's not necessarily un-enjoyable to play, and it's not that it didn't feel like its own class, but I kept feelng like I was waiting for more.

- In general PVE on Onderon, I felt a little off with emptier ability bars than I'm used to but the only crucial thing I haven't been able to find is my interrupt ability - unsure if that's deliberate or a glitch or if I'm just blind. More generally I missed some of the flavor abilities like Saber Throw, that really made the class feel like a classic Jedi Knight. I imagine in the long-term against tougher bosses, or in group content, I'd start to notice other absences more but in general free-roam it felt doable.

- With 306 gear it's hard not to be effective on Onderon :p I felt my abilities carried a respectable punch, but it did feel like I was wearing training wheels a little. I felt as though I was making do with less, rather than experiencing a brand new and exciting system. I'm not confident about how I'd fare in group content with tougher enemies.

- For the most part I enjoyed it in free-roam, minus missing Saber Throw and my interrupt. I'll be interested to see how the experience changes in future PTS builds and how player choice can make a character feel more distinctive.

If you have feedback on the different disciplines and ability paths, please note your feedback accordingly so we can track it.

- In Live I have toons of just about every class and discipliine there is, and off the bat I'd feel anxious about taking any of them into group content or PVP if they all experience this degree of simplification. I think I could get used to it and re-learn it all, plus I think changes like this have the potential to make the game more accessible but at least in this PTS build, the 'training wheels' vibe doesn't quite feel like a comfortable solution - at least from a longer-term experienced player's perspective.

I'm conscious this is just a first peek though, and I look forward to seeing more development especially around player choice in disciplines!

[*]Does this feel like a Jedi Guardian? Please explain why or why not.

it does, but like one-handed Jedi Guardian

[*]Is there anything that feels missing or out of place in the combat rotation?

As Yoda said: EVERYTHING! I miss my core abilities and all my perks and improvements gathered throughout the gameplay.

[*]What are your initial thoughts with the effectiveness of the Jedi Guardian against enemies?

Decreased. Very much decreased.

[*]How are you enjoying or not enjoying this class?

Not enjoying at all. I no longer (after almost 10 years in the game) wish to have "to learn how to play my class".

I have done that already multiple times. Depriving us from our basic and useful abilities is not helping.

[*]If you have feedback on the different disciplines and ability paths, please note your feedback accordingly so we can track it.

Not specifically. I just MISS my abilities!

Feel free to answer in as much detail as possible to help us understand your thought process and line of thinking. Please include the specific Discipline and ability path you chose.

I have chosen Focus Guardian with "B" setup, it was NOT explained WHAT it actually is. Went to Onderon, killed 2 enemies, My companion healing ability was almost non-existent, My power towards killing them was drastically reduced, so i was unhappy. i do not want to have any slown-downs or cut-offs from what we already have. I see no point because if this is going to be implemented I will probably quit.

What i am actually predicting is that you try to present the "new" possibilites by taking out the (already gained and learned) power from our characters, just for the sake of players staying longer in the game and spending more time on the same, old content.

Wrong again, you are looking at this from the wrong point of view, more like RP point. Saber throw is extremely useful in pve, especially as tank, because it generates high threat. This entire PTS test they added is completely stupid that I have no words. If they really make us choose between certain key abilities, then this game can go to hell. Perhaps decisions shouldn't be made by people whose hardest content was playing Hammer Station veteran mode.

There seems to be an issue with the chat window. I was unable to move it from its predetermined position to the right of the social bar in the top left. I couldnt select it in U/I screen.

Really dude? your main complaint about this whole thing is not being able to move the chat?

Guys.

I don't understand.

Help me, please, understand what you're trying to do here.

To answer your questions:

1) No, this does not feel like a guardian. This feels like... a joke. A cruel joke. Like I've been kicked to the ground, stomped on, and laughed at. This class is gutted to a fragile shell of what it is on live.

2) Everything feels missing. I feel like I've lost 3/4ths of what made this class so much fun to learn and play. With this iteration, the hardest content I can probably do? Hammer Station Solo Mode with the Jesus bot.

3) I'm a wet paper towel when I used to be invincible.

4) This class is not enjoyable by any means. If this goes live, I won't be playing the game. Not that anyone cares.

Disclaimer: I know this is very early PTS. I know that it's a static set of abilities. I know everything going in what to look for in this cycle. I'm hardcore praying and hoping that a lot of this is simply PTS shenanigans and bugs.

[Defense/Immortal Guardian/Juggernaut]

But. That aside.

W H Y.

Why would you:

1) Remove 2/3rds of a juggernaut/guardian tank's defensives and force a "choice" when it's imperative to have all three for the most difficult content in the game? (this absolutely boggles my mind.) Not having Saber Reflect (!!!), Enure/Endure Pain (!!) or Blade Blitz/Mad Dash (!) ... why would you take these things away? I understand pruning and helping with ability bloat ... but... why these?

2) Remove things such as Awe/Intimidating Roar, Saber Throw, Interrupt, Threatening Scream (Aoe Taunt), and some hugely necessary abilities in both the dps and tank specs?

3) Give a weird combination of things - ie, Force Sweep and Vigilant Thrust while at the same time removing things much more imperative to the class?

I'm just... sad. I'm sad that this might legitimately be what you're planning for 7.0. And I'm legitimately worried about what your plans are for the other classes. If I wanted to play SW:Galaxies, I'd go play on the legends server where my fiancé is a staff member. If I wanted a 5 button top bar rotation, I'd go play Neverwinter. If I wanted to constantly be reminded that my class is a joke, I'd go play WoW.

Please. Do not. Go through. With this Iteration. For the love of all things good about this game.

So I finally got onto the PTS and.....I don't know really what to say. The entire progression of whats explained in the pts announcement thread is as they say not there, and the utilities page wont open, so on that aspect its almost impossible to give any kind of feedback.

As for the feedback if it "feels" likes a guardian.....I mean, I guess? Again, without access to the full feature its hard to give a real opinion, but my general feel of going through A and B presets of all 3 specs is pretty much.......uh I hate the entire thing. I get this is like an early design or what not, but at the same time the baseline is there and I can't imagine how much things will change in 5 months (we all know the expansion is likely December).

I dunno if its just a PTS thing, but CC breaker and interrupt being gone is just weird. I know saber throw is still around based on the dev post, but it wasn't available in any of the presets. Awe is gone, freezing force is gone......having to choose between reflect and enure is asinine and focused defense missing from the dps specs is just an overall weird decision, yet for some reason all 3 specs still have access to guard which I find beyond stupid.

Too much is being taken away and the overall feel is bad. Again, obviously things will be adjusted, but if this truly is the baseline of what we are going to get.....I'm done. Being a star wars game and the fact that FFXIV pvp is awful and basically may as well not exist since no one queues for it, so pvp in swtor is basically the only thing that's kept me playing for all these years, but these changes are just a big fat no thanks.

At best I'll sub for the expansion to see the final product, but its highly likely that this change is the final nail in the coffin. I've dealt with all the horrible decisions from the removal pvp gear, to the rng garbage of galactic command system, to the terrible kotfe and kotet "chapters" ideas with 10 minute chapters every month. I just can't anymore.

Guys.

I don't understand.

Help me, please, understand what you're trying to do here.

To answer your questions:

1) No, this does not feel like a guardian. This feels like... a joke. A cruel joke. Like I've been kicked to the ground, stomped on, and laughed at. This class is gutted to a fragile shell of what it is on live.

2) Everything feels missing. I feel like I've lost 3/4ths of what made this class so much fun to learn and play. With this iteration, the hardest content I can probably do? Hammer Station Solo Mode with the Jesus bot.

3) I'm a wet paper towel when I used to be invincible.

4) This class is not enjoyable by any means. If this goes live, I won't be playing the game. Not that anyone cares.

Disclaimer: I know this is very early PTS. I know that it's a static set of abilities. I know everything going in what to look for in this cycle. I'm hardcore praying and hoping that a lot of this is simply PTS shenanigans and bugs.

[Defense/Immortal Guardian/Juggernaut]

But. That aside.

W H Y.

Why would you:

1) Remove 2/3rds of a juggernaut/guardian tank's defensives and force a "choice" when it's imperative to have all three for the most difficult content in the game? (this absolutely boggles my mind.) Not having Saber Reflect (!!!), Enure/Endure Pain (!!) or Blade Blitz/Mad Dash (!) ... why would you take these things away? I understand pruning and helping with ability bloat ... but... why these?

2) Remove things such as Awe/Intimidating Roar, Saber Throw, Interrupt, Threatening Scream (Aoe Taunt), and some hugely necessary abilities in both the dps and tank specs?

3) Give a weird combination of things - ie, Force Sweep and Vigilant Thrust while at the same time removing things much more imperative to the class?

I'm just... sad. I'm sad that this might legitimately be what you're planning for 7.0. And I'm legitimately worried about what your plans are for the other classes. If I wanted to play SW:Galaxies, I'd go play on the legends server where my fiancé is a staff member. If I wanted a 5 button top bar rotation, I'd go play Neverwinter. If I wanted to constantly be reminded that my class is a joke, I'd go play WoW.

Please. Do not. Go through. With this Iteration. For the love of all things good about this game.

Lol they did say it was heavily limited so this iteration isn't what they're trying to do. From my understanding, what you're playing right now is JUST the guardian class without any of the jedi knight skills and a few guardian skills. Im guessing this is how the combat style would be on other classes combined with their own basic abilities which would fill up everything missing. Im only speculating though cause this is what makes the most sense to me.

Lol they did say it was heavily limited so this iteration isn't what they're trying to do. From my understanding, what you're playing right now is JUST the guardian class without any of the jedi knight skills and a few guardian skills. Im guessing this is how the combat style would be on other classes combined with their own basic abilities which would fill up everything missing. Im only speculating though cause this is what makes the most sense to me.

This is what I'm hoping and praying for. Like if a shadow picked up some guardian tank abilities to add to their own. Otherwise this makes no sense.

I do not like the ability pruning. This does not feel like a "greater customization experience." It feels like I am being shoe-horned into a meta because of the ability choices.

There are only a small set of abilities/pre-builds on first test-run. Everything will slowly unlock as we go.