Scoundrels/Operatives ridculously OP.

Bandelederen

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the class? Sorcs spam force lightning, Mercs spam tracer missile, Maras spam vicious slash, this nets damage. Every class is "spamming a few buttons". I guess I never used the other 30 abilities.

Marauders got 20+ abilities they need to utilize in EVERY fight or else they are garbage.

Scoundrels... Nerf is coming.

TBH I think it would be sorta balanced to make cloaking screen NOT give the super stealth rating it does. Same with sith assassins in combat stealth.

This would make it more of a pve ability or something to use that *helps* you escape, not just "you can escape 100%".

lol....u guys need to stop crying, look at the guys videos...and look how everyone just ignores him. learn to play, idiots. LOL

Pretty much this. Those videos don't show anything. Barely anyonee targets him. When one lone guy attacks him his team takes them out. Most of his kills include damage from a few other people. There are a few times he's attacking lowbies and the time to kill is extremely high (other 50s would have killed the lowbie faster).

Even though the players in the video he's against are some of the worst I've ever seen play the game (he almost never gets push backed or rooted when it actually matters) he still needs a lot of help to actually take anyone down. I've seen plenty of sage/sorc videos which were more impressive as they 1v2 people who have a clue.

OPs have burst and zero utility. You can already see what their burst is worth against a team that's terrible. Against a good team with gear the burst will not exist anymore.

Well here's an answer.

Operative/Scoundrel does massive burst FROM STEALTH.

STEALTH, if you haven't noticed already, is only completely untargetable after they are 10ish meters away.

What does this mean?

This means you can attack an Operative/Scoundrel IN STEALTH, OUTSIDE of their MELEE RANGE.

How about you learn to look around and quit your tunnel vision on that level 10 you want to troll so badly.

There has never been an operative/scoundrel I haven't been able to at least prepare for. Most I am able to either shoot to reveal or PBAoE knockback away or prepare myself for the CC, and I'M A SNIPER, the one class most prone to tunnel vision. You think your safe up on that ledge above the crowds? Never. This is what operatives/scoundrels with a brain look for.

How about you be a team player and reveal a stealther when you see one running by, EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT HIS TARGET. Be a team player, even if you just reveal them and go back to your target someone else will surely take advantage of the moment and finish them while they have that operative/scoundrel behind enemy lines.

And one side note. If you find yourself without a team member near, or find yourself in a 1 v 2...That's your fault. Even if you end up being the only one fighting them even though you have a team member near, its still better than having no one there, because with your death the blood lust of the operative/scoundrel that thinks they are so op will probably try to catch your team member off guard, only to forget you took away half their health first xD lolzlolz.

----IN SHORT----

*Due to the way stealth in this game operates...

Tunnel Vision = Operative/Scoundrel Win. Simple. As. That.

PS I hate PvP Whiners. The system works, this ain't WoW, this ain't whatever you were playing before SWToR. This. Is. SWToR!

Well here's an answer.

STEALTH, if you haven't noticed already, is only completely untargetable after they are 10ish meters away.

What does this mean?

This means you can attack an Operative/Scoundrel IN STEALTH, OUTSIDE of their MELEE RANGE.

How about you learn to look around and quit your tunnel vision on that level 10 you want to troll so badly.

There has never been an operative/scoundrel I haven't been able to at least prepare for. Most I am able to either shoot to reveal or PBAoE knockback away or prepare myself for the CC, and I'M A SNIPER, the one class most prone to tunnel vision. You think your safe up on that ledge above the crowds? Never. This is what operatives/scoundrels with a brain look for.

How about you be a team player and reveal a stealther when you see one running by, EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT HIS TARGET. Be a team player, even if you just reveal them and go back to your target someone else will surely take advantage of the moment and finish them while they have that operative/scoundrel behind enemy lines.

And one side note. If you find yourself without a team member near, or find yourself in a 1 v 2...That's your fault. Even if you end up being the only one fighting them even though you have a team member near, its still better than having no one there, because with your death the blood lust of the operative/scoundrel that thinks they are so op will probably try to catch your team member off guard, only to forget you took away half their health first xD lolzlolz.

----IN SHORT----

PS I hate PvP Whiners. The system works, this ain't WoW, this ain't whatever you were playing before SWToR. This. Is. SWToR!

I support this^. seriously, whiners really need to L2play and think about ways to counter that class instead of whining in the forums. :mad: makes yourself look bad.

Well here's an answer.

What does this mean?

----IN SHORT----

So me getting 2 shotted is my fault because I didn't spend my game looking around for a stealthed player? K...

As a Scoundrel.....

......I have to completely agree. I'm totally OP.

I mean, first i was Scrapper and boy that was awful. I mean i popped out of stealth with Shoot First and i was just set upon by big burly men with more stuns than i could count. It's funny cause i wasn't even alone.

My entire team was there and the Imps were killing them but then suddenly BLAM i was dead. I couldn't even vanish cause there were so many stuns on me i just couldn't do anything. My teammates didn't care either they were just like "BYE BRO" and ran off.

So the only way i was actually killing stuff was 1v1 and that just really wasn't very productive at all, i mean, i want to help my team. But i can't do that when i'm dead right? lol.

Anyway. I respecced Sawbones and before i knew it i was this unkillable elusive God.

I started out awful rofl. Proper bad. But i picked up quick and soon I was running around slowing/flashbanging the enemy while keeping everyone alive. That's serious multi-tasking really isn't it.

That isn't even the best part! I still get jumped when i come out of stealth. But my teammates are on them SO FAST it's just untrue! It's kind like this:

De-stealth heal on teammate.

MARAUDER JUMPS ON ME.

SORCERER STUNS ME.

SNIPER DOTS ME.

Then it's just like. "Lol no bros." And this Shadow comes out of nowhere kind of like "I WILL SAVE YOU" and knocks them all back, which gives me time to spam my Heal over Times and then it's just instant heal spam while my teammates are all slowing them. It's just EPIC.

......And this is about as seriously as i address the Scoundrel/Operative damage issue.

Okay, so. I've played a Scrapper. Is the damage good? Yes. It's even better if you're collecting Expertise "Zerker" Buffs through-out the entire Warzone or popping Expertise Stims regularly.

It's even BETTER if you're a level 50 in Champion Gear, Popping Expertise Stims regularly and camping out the Expertise "Zerker" Buffs in Warzones. Killing people with little to no Expertise.

Is it still insanely good damage against a fellow level 50 in Champion Gear? It's less insane, but it's still good. Yes.

Is it unrivaled by every other class in the game? No.

Snipers/Gunslingers are capable of equal crits. Except they do it from range, without stealth, so not only do you have to locate where they are, but you also have to get to them before they've killed you. They also have a 4 second stun. So even if you reach them they'll just stun you like Scoundrels do.. Except, oh right. Scoundrels only actually get one stun, technically. Since their Shoot First talent grants you a full resolve bar.

Snipers and Gunslingers also don't need to be stealthed for their burst. So they can use it whenever they like, without waiting for combat to drop. Which can take up to 30 seconds in this game.

Assassins can pull of some pretty insane damage. Except, they also don't really need stealth for their burst do they? They also have haste. Knockback. Guard. Taunt. The best Absorb Shield in the game. Just as many stuns.

There are other classes equal to Scoundrel/Op burst who can do it WHENEVER they like.

There are other classes almost equal to Scoundrel/Op burst who can also do it WHENEVER they like, only they have better over-all utility and benefit their team a lot more overall.

If Scrapper gets nerfed? I won't be surprised. I also won't care much, but anyone that claims Scrappers are the only heavy hitters are plain wrong.

Edited by Avianpixie

As a Scoundrel.....

......I have to completely agree. I'm totally OP.

I mean, first i was Scrapper and boy that was awful. I mean i popped out of stealth with Shoot First and i was just set upon by big burly men with more stuns than i could count. It's funny cause i wasn't even alone.

My entire team was there and the Imps were killing them but then suddenly BLAM i was dead. I couldn't even vanish cause there were so many stuns on me i just couldn't do anything. My teammates didn't care either they were just like "BYE BRO" and ran off.

So the only way i was actually killing stuff was 1v1 and that just really wasn't very productive at all, i mean, i want to help my team. But i can't do that when i'm dead right? lol.

Anyway. I respecced Sawbones and before i knew it i was this unkillable elusive God.

I started out awful rofl. Proper bad. But i picked up quick and soon I was running around slowing/flashbanging the enemy while keeping everyone alive. That's serious multi-tasking really isn't it.

That isn't even the best part! I still get jumped when i come out of stealth. But my teammates are on them SO FAST it's just untrue! It's kind like this:

De-stealth heal on teammate.

MARAUDER JUMPS ON ME.

SORCERER STUNS ME.

SNIPER DOTS ME.

Then it's just like. "Lol no bros." And this Shadow comes out of nowhere kind of like "I WILL SAVE YOU" and knocks them all back, which gives me time to spam my Heal over Times and then it's just instant heal spam while my teammates are all slowing them. It's just EPIC.

......And this is about as seriously as i address the Scoundrel/Operative damage issue.

Okay, so. I've played a Scrapper. Is the damage good? Yes. It's even better if you're collecting Expertise "Zerker" Buffs through-out the entire Warzone or popping Expertise Stims regularly.

It's even BETTER if you're a level 50 in Champion Gear, Popping Expertise Stims regularly and camping out the Expertise "Zerker" Buffs in Warzones. Killing people with little to no Expertise.

Is it still insanely good damage against a fellow level 50 in Champion Gear? It's less insane, but it's still good. Yes.

Is it unrivaled by every other class in the game? No.

Snipers/Gunslingers are capable of equal crits. Except they do it from range, without stealth, so not only do you have to locate where they are, but you also have to get to them before they've killed you. They also have a 4 second stun. So even if you reach them they'll just stun you like Scoundrels do.. Except, oh right. Scoundrels only actually get one stun, technically. Since their Shoot First talent grants you a full resolve bar.

Snipers and Gunslingers also don't need to be stealthed for their burst. So they can use it whenever they like, without waiting for combat to drop. Which can take up to 30 seconds in this game.

Assassins can pull of some pretty insane damage. Except, they also don't really need stealth for their burst do they? They also have haste. Knockback. Guard. Taunt. The best Absorb Shield in the game. Just as many stuns.

There are other classes equal to Scoundrel/Op burst who can do it WHENEVER they like.

There are other classes almost equal to Scoundrel/Op burst who can also do it WHENEVER they like, only they have better over-all utility and benefit their team a lot more overall.

If Scrapper gets nerfed? I won't be surprised. I also won't care much, but anyone that claims Scrappers are the only heavy hitters are plain wrong.

Very nice post and well said. ^^ +1

He can trinket it all he wants, biowares funky *** resolve system wont give you enough resolve for immunity until u've been stunned twice, despite the insane duration of the agents stuns.

PS: This is even worse in Huttball, when the agent can simply use vent to escape when he done his deed.

Zetara, well then its not a burst class it is now? that is sustained damage.

Yup, resolve is a complete crap system. They need to relook at their entire PvP system as it's not only broken, but some classes are just way unbalanced (which is a seperate issue in itself).

Maybe you need to PVP more. They are not OP, their damage does not need to be turned down, it needs to be high because they can do nothing else. If you target them while they are uncloaked, you mince them.

They are nowhere NEAR the gods of PVP. Go and actually PVP. Every class has something that seems overpowered. Every. One.

Every class has something that seems overpowered. Every. One.

What do Vanguards have.

Sweet, I won already.

--

Operatives (lower leveled ones, even) hit my tank-spec, expertise-geared vanguard for inbetween 1.5k and 2k crits - often. Even after their opener I take insane amounts of damage for 50% damage reduction + expertise (with is ~6% right now). Being a tank, I wouldn't complain about any DPS classes normally; this isn't the norm, though.

So... tanks suck, op/scounds are OP, or their burst cooldowns are 30 sec.

What do Vanguards have.

Sweet, I won already.

--

Operatives (lower leveled ones, even) hit my tank-spec, expertise-geared vanguard for inbetween 1.5k and 2k crits - often. Even after their opener I take insane amounts of damage for 50% damage reduction + expertise (with is ~6% right now). Being a tank, I wouldn't complain about any DPS classes normally; this isn't the norm, though.

So... tanks suck, op/scounds are OP, or their burst cooldowns are 30 sec.

Your a tank not a dps, so get a healer and steamroll.

Oh wait don't play the game the right way and put guard on a healer and own anyone that even trys to touch you.

Tanks suck in the hands of noobs and baddies.

Today I did several games of PVP with my character, a level 20 Healing specced Commando, and my two friends, a lvl 20 Tanking specced Vanguard and a lvl 21 Gunslinger. That team of three took on full teams of eight and won nearly every encounter. Does this say anything about a class being overpowered or underpowered? No. All it says is that our teamwork and priority targeting was superior to that of our opponents. We always targeted healers, and I can say, as a healer, I rarely was targeted. Operatives constantly stealthed up to one of us and attempted to waste one of us, but it was never something we couldn't handle.

Don't go into PVP solo and complain about getting cheated, 1v1 PVP is near impossible to balance without abolishing separate classes. Get used to the fact that PVP is a TEAM endeavor and stop whining about it.

Don't go into PVP solo and complain about getting cheated, 1v1 PVP is near impossible to balance without abolishing separate classes. Get used to the fact that PVP is a TEAM endeavor and stop whining about it.

All the classes are nearly the same anyway.

You CC yourself so whats it matter?

Working as intended...

Jaw Drop - Passive

Your targets friend's jaw drops to the floor enstilling him in "Shock and Awe" for 4.5 seconds as you obliterate his friend, allowing you to vanish and do the same to him.

Working as intended...

Jaw Drop - Passive

Your targets friend's jaw drops to the floor enstilling him in "Shock and Awe" for 4.5 seconds as you obliterate his friend, allowing you to vanish and do the same to him.

You cannot imagine how hard you just made me laugh.

I've been unable to sleep for the last 6 hours, and was feeling really horrible about it and you've just... You've made my night. Or morning. Thank you so very much.

/Salute

Edited by Avianpixie

Today I did several games of PVP with my character, a level 20 Healing specced Commando, and my two friends, a lvl 20 Tanking specced Vanguard and a lvl 21 Gunslinger. That team of three took on full teams of eight and won nearly every encounter. Does this say anything about a class being overpowered or underpowered? No. All it says is that our teamwork and priority targeting was superior to that of our opponents. We always targeted healers, and I can say, as a healer, I rarely was targeted. Operatives constantly stealthed up to one of us and attempted to waste one of us, but it was never something we couldn't handle.

Uh. That's a team of three. Where do you get off comparing three people to one single person playing one specific class? If Operatives and Scoundrels can do what you say by themselves, then even all the more reason for it to be nerfed for obvious reasons.

Meanwhile competent Operatives/Scoundrels like Reeno have actually made videos of their exploits and they've taken on teams of three with success too.

You're not making a great case for yourself.

Edited by Obie_Wan