6.1.4 Conquest Updates

DavidStaats

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shorter UI Popup Notification

Finally, we have made an adjustment and lowered the duration of the UI Popup for Conquest Objectives!

We will be putting these changes onto the Public Test Server soon, so be on the lookout! We are excited about these updates to Conquest, and can’t wait to get them out to you all with PTS and finally 6.1.4. We look forward to your feedback!

I'll do you one better. Give us the option to turn off that UI element....

Aye, repeatable for x kills + assists would work nicely. Would give new pilots the same chance as they wouldn't need solo kills and could achieve over multiple matches, may even discourage people sticking to the bottom of satellites like ticks. It would run the risk of people ignoring capture points though, and in my experience a LOT of people do that already. Perhaps we could split into 2 objectives? Something like;

Starfighter Assault: Achieve a combined 8 kills or kill assists in GSF.- infinity repeatable - 2200 conquest points

Starfighter Support: Achieve 8 medals for healing and node defence in GSF.- infinity repeatable - 2200 conquest points

Played well, you could work on both at once. I like to stick to defending one of the control points and find that though you may not be in the middle of the action, you still manage to get a few kills as often 1 or 2 people will peel off and try to get a sneaky capture, so it should balance out for low/mid skill players and not only the top tier guys (I like to think I am average, but remember well what it was like starting out)

(I'm pretty sure node defence and healing give medals, aye? TBH I don't pay much attention to the after action screen as is either a win or a loss as far as I am concerned.)

Yeah, both of those suggesrted would be real nice to see too. Defending a sat does give medals. It is a shame that attacking/defending a neutral sat has never been recognized in any way at all - often that is when toughest fighting takes place.

I think it'd be good&fair if GSF(and any other activity for that matter) had like three hours worth of daily repeatables to complete each day. It'd still be much less than the insane wealth of objectives planetaries have..but it'd be enough I think.

Another major update to conquest! Wow!

Color me surprised - it must be the most popular fun filled thing in the game!

I'm not going to go through a point by point breakdown of the OP's information.

I'm not going to go through a post by post point/counter point to what people have already stated.

I see some "doom and gloom" (which honestly I think there isn't enough information to warrant those feelings yet) and that's normal for these forums. Change is bad and must be avoided at all costs.

Here's what I'll add to the conversation.

Conquest is the ONLY thing keeping me in the game anymore.

Period.

I don't raid anymore - not that I ever did it much (When I had toons in Second Sith Empire on SF was the only time I did on a regular basis)

I don't pvp anymore - not that I ever did it much

I certainly don't launch GSF because I have NEVER liked that.

I only do the complete story on 2 or 3 toons because....it isn't worth doing over and over again when you have over 100 toons

I have done a bit more with the STARFOX sub game (ahem...sorry space PVE on rails) primarily for conquest points

Today, for example, I logged on around 7:30 a.m. on both my computers with both of my accounts and did the easy/fast points (fed companion gifts / decorated a spot 5 times / rerolled an amplifier / ran 5 level 1 crew skill missions) the stuff that takes under 10 minutes and I get 33K conquest points from. Then I did CZ198. 15 min and I'm up to about 90k conquest points. Including the rampage points, mission points, even the sell trash points.

I finish that just in time for the 8 a.m. roll over, getting nearly 200k conquest points for my mostly private guild.

At 8:05 a.m. I pick two different toons and do the exact same thing over again.

So, 400k points in about an hour.

Even if you have only 1 toon, 200k points in the same hour is still pretty nice.

This is how it is.

With what I've seen in the notes, some of the quick easy stuff I do for the first 33k points is going to get point reductions, or moved out of the category.

Contrary to what some people may think my response would be...I don't care. It doesn't matter. I get MOST of my points doing planetary heroic missions and killing mobs. I didn't see that in the OP's list. The changes are going to be minor with what's listed in the OP right now.

Lowbie toons won't be affected all that much. You'll still get the rampage points. You'll still get the 2 quest mission points. You'll still get the "I took a taxi" points. What change is going to dramatically decrease the conquest points?

What I don't think they're prepared for, and honestly based on the response here...only a few...it won't be a surprise when they're taken by surprise, is the amount of people who are going to be ABUSING the heck out of that 100k (before bonus??? I have a 150% strong hold bonus...that 100k will be 250k for a LOT of people) ranked pvp.

So...here's the thing. It says you have to be pvp rank 25 in order to do ranked pvp. What it really means is you have to be grouped with a SINGLE toon that's rank 25 or higher in order to participate. This is going to be pre-made group grinding like I don't know that this game has ever seen.

That 250k conquest point carrot is so big I'm thinking of making 7 friends so we can do 4 on 4 premade ranked matches.

I haven't tried with ranked matches...is there a way to do them in your pvp enabled strongholds? I vaguely remember that non ranked, in a pvp section of a stronghold, counted for some of the WZ quests.

Even without win trading...small guilds with 8 players agreeing to do this in advance for points...it'll beat the heck out of EVERY OTHER WAY to get points.

Period.

@Darev

But only wins count in group ranked and with the augment changes coming too, there won’t be many time windows during the day for queue syncing to wintrade or dodging to miss the real ranked players who will just farm the mat farmers and conquest farmers.

That’s why Bioware changed it to “wins only” towards conquest and missions. They knew this was coming and planned ahead.

It will only be a queue sync and wintrade issue on the language servers in the EU because they have low populations. DM, SS & SF probably won’t have those issues.

And even if they do, Bioware are being more diligent on banning wintraders. Can you imagine conquest guys getting banned for wintrading just to get 250k conquest points? I can’t see them risking it as the rewards are not worth the risk.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

@Darev

But only wins count in group ranked and with the augment changes coming too, there won’t be many time windows during the day for queue syncing to wintrade or dodging to miss the real ranked players who will just farm the mat farmers and conquest farmers.

That’s why Bioware changed it to “wins only” towards conquest and missions. They knew this was coming and planned ahead.

It will only be a queue sync and wintrade issue on the language servers in the EU because they have low populations. DM, SS & SF probably won’t have those issues.

And even if they do, Bioware are being more diligent on banning wintraders. Can you imagine conquest guys getting banned for wintrading just to get 250k conquest points? I can’t see them risking it as the rewards are not worth the risk.

so the win trading thing would hamper the efforts of small guilds.

large guilds, however...5-8 teams of 4 players queing all at the same time. wouldn't have to purposefully set up a "winning team" and a "losing team" ahead of time...if a guild is able to field 3 matches of teams every 10 minutes...that's going to be a lot of points regardless of who wins and who loses....someone has to win.

Players are creative and will figure something out that falls into the rules.

Still though, it will be nice to see some people pulled away from CZ-198 for ranked warzones....that place is consistently more crowded than I like.

Today, for example, I logged on around 7:30 a.m. on both my computers with both of my accounts and did the easy/fast points (fed companion gifts / decorated a spot 5 times / rerolled an amplifier / ran 5 level 1 crew skill missions) the stuff that takes under 10 minutes and I get 33K conquest points from. Then I did CZ198. 15 min and I'm up to about 90k conquest points. Including the rampage points, mission points, even the sell trash points.

I finish that just in time for the 8 a.m. roll over, getting nearly 200k conquest points for my mostly private guild.

At 8:05 a.m. I pick two different toons and do the exact same thing over again.

So, 400k points in about an hour.

Even if you have only 1 toon, 200k points in the same hour is still pretty nice.

This is how it is.

With what I've seen in the notes, some of the quick easy stuff I do for the first 33k points is going to get point reductions, or moved out of the category.

I get MOST of my points doing planetary heroic missions and killing mobs. I

Period.

This paints a very accurate picture of the conq system we have today. Doing planetary (heroic) missions and rampage dings orbiting them got included to the new conquest system. Menial bits like deco and amp clicking got included to the new conquest system. Every other major activity simply got left out. Content that needs other people to even happen is miles behind in this regard. Most all multiplayer stuff still operates within boundaries of old conq system and doesn't even begin to compare.

Bioware, please buff amount of conquest multiplayer content of your mmo brings. GSF in particular is pure garbage in this regard now.

Bioware, please keep in mind that buffing objectives that show up few times a year is utterly irrelevant. Stuff that is there every week matters quite a bit more than objectives that only show up during some borderline extinct conquest week.

Edited by Stradlin

That 250k conquest point carrot is so big I'm thinking of making 7 friends so we can do 4 on 4 premade ranked matches.

That 250k carrot may be unattainable for many however...you do have to win matches to get your dailies and weeklies. It might end up that you have to play warzones for a couple of hours each day just to get that win. Then it makes more sense to do other things instead that you have more control over. Reliable points will always be more attractive to the more casual players because they know they can achieve them in a given amount of time.

Winning a match in group ranked will not be as easy and a lot of people don't like PvP anyways and then there's the other mat to consider that drop only in NiM raids. I'm really interested whether this will increase population in ranked group queues. It might initially but when people feel they can't win and therefore don't get the rewards they'll quickly turn away again I expect.

That 250k carrot may be unattainable for many however...you do have to win matches to get your dailies and weeklies. It might end up that you have to play warzones for a couple of hours each day just to get that win. Then it makes more sense to do other things instead that you have more control over. Reliable points will always be more attractive to the more casual players because they know they can achieve them in a given amount of time.

Winning a match in group ranked will not be as easy and a lot of people don't like PvP anyways and then there's the other mat to consider that drop only in NiM raids. I'm really interested whether this will increase population in ranked group queues. It might initially but when people feel they can't win and therefore don't get the rewards they'll quickly turn away again I expect.

It will depend on how strict they are with "win trading"

two teams agreeing to win / lose for quick matches - points is certainly one thing.

a guild rotating members, having a group of 3 good players teaching a pvp newbie fighting other pvp newbies may get the same effect, but not actually be, at least what I consider to be, "win trading"

However, some type of detection software being run in the background may not be able to make that distinction.

"Legacy advancement" rewards are WORTHLESS with Legacy level capped at 50.....been back in game for 6 months and have NEVER been able to take advantage of this CP reward......even if nothing unlocks....allow Legacy levels to increase so we can use this!!!!

two teams agreeing to win / lose for quick matches - points is certainly one thing.

a guild rotating members, having a group of 3 good players teaching a pvp newbie fighting other pvp newbies may get the same effect, but not actually be, at least what I consider to be, "win trading"

However, some type of detection software being run in the background may not be able to make that distinction.

Sure but that's just a part of the player base that will partake in that. I'd say that most players will not partake in win trading. That sort of thing will likely happen in big guilds...particularly conquest guilds because of the conquest rewards being so good.

I just want 4v4 ranked GSF to grind new augs.

I wouldn't care if it were ranked or not, but can get behind anything new for GSF. Give me a 4v4 mode with the ability to stop your ship removed and ill queue all day long, new augment mats or not ^_^

On win trading for the 100k ranked weekly; It doesn't really seem like it would be worth the bother to me, as you would need to deal with the actual pvp groups in the queue.

I guess a big enough guild could field multiple teams and eventually they would all complete the objective, but seems like it would be the same mega guilds that always win the conquest anyway, and I'm not convinced it would actually be quicker for them than the current PvE objectives.

When the mat /conquest farmers field teams like that, the word will spread through different channels to ranked players and they will swoop down and farm them. The more guilds that field teams, the more ranked guys will take advantage of it.

They can try and avoid them by doing it late at night or early morning, but word spreads and people will work it out.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

When the mat /conquest farmers field teams like that, the word will spread through different channels to ranked players and they will swoop down and farm them. The more guilds that field teams, the more ranked guys will take advantage of it.

They can try and avoid them by doing it late at night or early morning, but word spreads and people will work it out.

Not that I participate in PvP, but I'm just imagining that were I an ardent fan of ranked PvP, and that's essentially why I played SWTOR, and I suddenly was surrounded not by other players focused on PvP but people farming mats, wouldn't the entire point of 6.1.4 backfire? Wouldn't I rather go find another outlet for my player versus player bent rather than suffer a bunch of farmers and people tossing matches?

Edited by xordevoreaux

I wouldn't care if it were ranked or not, but can get behind anything new for GSF. Give me a 4v4 mode with the ability to stop your ship removed and ill queue all day long, new augment mats or not ^_^

Yeah, would be fun.

Besides that, there is nothing in this game that holds such a detailed record of your performance as GSF does. Dozens of different things are tracked and listed in your career file. I'm not sure if there is anything to it that could be turned into some ranked replacement, but maybe KDR could function as a gate between player and conq. Just to ensure people who either mass suicide or do nothing would stay away. It wouldn't have to be anything draconian; something like 1:6 would suffice here.

Edited by Stradlin

Yeah, would be fun.

Besides that, there is nothing in this game that holds such a detailed record of your performance as GSF does. Dozens of different things are tracked and listed in your career file. I'm not sure if there is anything to it that could be turned into some ranked replacement, but maybe KDR could function as a gate between player and conq. Just to ensure people who either mass suicide or do nothing would stay away. It wouldn't have to be anything draconian; something like 1:6 would suffice here.

So here’s how I would do it. Make a system for gsf that’s similar to ‘valor’ for pvp. Make the amount of it that you gain dependent on how many kills you get/damage you deal/time you spend on sats. Then, make it so that only people who have fully upgraded ships can fly in ranked gsf. After that, you can have all the 4v4 death matches you want.

Ranked gsf would be great for keeping folks like Dracolich and his friends from being queued with newbies and just face rolling the whole queue (not that I’m picking on Drako, I just couldn’t think of any other well-known aces right now). It’ll give folks more competition, as well as a reason to play gsf.

So here’s how I would do it. Make a system for gsf that’s similar to ‘valor’ for pvp. Make the amount of it that you gain dependent on how many kills you get/damage you deal/time you spend on sats. .

We already have medals. It could be implemented this way: 1 medal gives player 1 "GSF valor" point, 5 medals and more - points doubled, so for example 6 medals = 12 points, 10 medals and more - points multiplied by 3 so for example 12 medals = 36 points.

This way actual aces will get to ranked faster than average pilots, average pilots will be there faster than bad players, and self-destructors and afk'ers will never be there.

We already have medals. It could be implemented this way: 1 medal gives player 1 "GSF valor" point, 5 medals and more - points doubled, so for example 6 medals = 12 points, 10 medals and more - points multiplied by 3 so for example 12 medals = 36 points.

This way actual aces will get to ranked faster than average pilots, average pilots will be there faster than bad players, and self-destructors and afk'ers will never be there.

^ Pretty good example of why medals would translate so naturally into daily conq objectives for GSF too: They are pretty good at measuring performance with accuracy that is perfectly suitable&sufficient for something like conquest at least. It is bit silly ground pvp has this going and GSF doesn't. WZ medals are way easier to screw around with and exploit than their GSF counterparts.

Only downside about ranked GSF; it'd split the queue pool in two. I think this imaginary ranked GSF and actual ranked ground pvp could both benefit from some sort of time gating. Make it so ranked is available only one hour out of three or something. Preluded by a nifty pop up reminding you about it somewhere. (one that people can turn off!) That way, you'd have people gathering behind the closed gates so to speak. There'd be some sort of a rush hour resulting in more lively pops.

Edited by Stradlin

Nerfs are not good right before a WoW xpac. Alot of these ppl were just taking a break from it I am about as casual as it gets with a job, small farm, big yard, 4 month old baby, It was my chill release for my 1 hour a night i get to myself. do the small Conquest points on the fleet, go do CZ-198, kill a few things here and there, I doubt ill reach cap at the end of the week. I Most likely will unsub.

Nerfs are not good right before a WoW xpac. Alot of these ppl were just taking a break from it I am about as casual as it gets with a job, small farm, big yard, 4 month old baby, It was my chill release for my 1 hour a night i get to myself. do the small Conquest points on the fleet, go do CZ-198, kill a few things here and there, I doubt ill reach cap at the end of the week. I Most likely will unsub.

Agreed. Shadowlands launches next month with the pre-patch launching soon and the sad thing is I been playing more on wow lately and this isn't going to get me to continue and it also might be the end of our guild since I am the one that usually encourages our guild.

What to say?

I really don't like the nerfs. As many already said. If you would like to ecourage people do group stuff, simply buff it and don't touch solo ones.

Nerfing solo contnet don't make people do group content. You only make them unsub and leave.

Like me.

And by the way, why do you make these threads when you ignore most of our feedback.