6.1.4 Conquest Updates

DavidStaats

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, I agree with the general idea, and that some things definitely need a boost in conquest points earned compared to time taken. However, I'm concerned that things that are incredibly solo and alt friendly now will be getting over nerfed and turn conquest back into a mega grind for small mostly alt players. I agree with adding points to those harder, time consuming objectives, but given the history of conquest changes I fear you're going to over tune this and make conquest miserable for small guilds primarily populated by alts.

As conquest is now I can get numerous toons through and contribute to my guild's slog for encryptions to open our ship, while still having time to play what I want without concern for conquest. It's made opening the ship feel attainable. Before this it felt like a job rather than something done for recreation.

I'll reserve judgement and test things on the PTS, but I'm pretty skeptical at the moment.

I think solo players can still reach conquest weekly but we'll see. Personally I do heroics and fps so I usually get it but that might change with this. But it wouldn't make me quit as I play for the story.

Higher difficulty operations, especially MM, should award far more points for completion. Dxun (and any new op) should reward an incredibly significant amount of conquest points for defeating individual bosses in MM since prog takes quite a long time. In general, MM requires a ton more skill to do and this should be reflected in the number of points awarded.

I also think it would be good to give conquest points for defeating the combat training dummy within a certain amount of time to incentivize players to get better at the game.

For god's sake, just make "Win Starfighter match" objective infinitely repeatable again. Alot of people just stopped playing when you took it from us.

Add some infinitely repeatable objective for example "Starfighter: Medalist" for earning 8 medals in GSF match, similar to ground PvP.

Speaking of that, "Warzone: Medalist" deserves some love. Currently it's worth less conquest than feeding companion with gifts or selling junk. Are you sure this is the way it should be? Are you REALLY sure?

I'll come to PTS to check what you have done, ofc. But it doesn't look very promising ATM.

Unless you completely remove each and every trash objective like completing planetary mission, heroics, selling junk, feeding companion, Conquest still will be trash.

Change it back from login reward for casual players to something that is fun to participate in.

Edited by Kraysk

Hi all!

We took a thorough look at every Conquest objective and balanced their final points through emphasizing objective time to complete, complexity, and repeatability. The result is an abundance of Conquest points for some of the most complex and/or time intensive objectives, lesser points for marginal time and effort objectives, and an even scale for those objectives in the middle.

Wouldn't it be important to consider different activities/playstyles rather than singular objectives?

"This is how much conquest I can earn in GSF/hour."

"This is how much I can earn in an hour via planetary missions."

"This is what Warzones bring in an hour. "

^ - - If you compare things in this fashion, you'll spot obscene wealth of imbalances in terms of conquest they bring. Please make different playstyles more balanced.

GSF currently has two daily repeatable objectives available each week.Plus one modest infinitely repeatable. Planetary missions have almost 100 daily repeatables. Rest are somewhere between. It takes around 90 mins/8 matches of GSF to reach 50k conquest. If doing exclusively planetaries and slayer missions, I reach 50k faster than first of those 8 GSF matches is even finished!!

Additionally, diminishing returns cripple you pretty badly with most playstyles. ie, do GSF for 90 mins and you might get 50k conquest. You certainly will not get 100k conquest in 3 hours though. After 8 matches, you've pretty much ran out of daily objectives, with miserable infinitely repeatable being the only exception. Meanwhile, one can faceroll planetaries for as long as there are free gaming hours in a day without running out of daily objectives.

Please make different playstyles more balanced. Please make sure that stuff that needs other players to even happen isn't so miserable conq when compared to soloable stuff.

Starfighter

Warzones

Operations

Flashpoints

Chapters

Planetary Missions

Uprisings

^ - - Old Command/Current renown bonus rotation considers these as the distinct "end game" activities TOR has. Please make these balanced so people can do what they like for good conq. As it stands, amount of conq these bring has some massive imbalances.In general, stuff that requires other people to happen is VASTLY inferior to stuff you can solo. You get 50k conq by doing planetary missions for 10-15 mins. You get 50k by doing GSF for 90 mins.

This video compares GSF to planetary missions as source of conq. It underlines the state of matters pretty handily I think.

It would be so important to consider and balance different playstyles in this regard.

For god's sake, just make "Win Starfighter match" objective infinitely repeatable again. Alot of people just stopped playing when you took it from us.

Add some infinitely repeatable objective for example "Starfighter: Medalist" for earning 8 medals in GSF match, similar to ground PvP.

Hear hear. :l

Edited by Stradlin

As you consider the rebalance, please consider rebalancing primarily by boosting activities that merit boosting, rather than reducing some of the easy activities. One reason the current system is well-liked is because it includes a few daily freebies that are alt-friendly. If you nerf the easy objectives, conquest will become more of a slog and result in many of the complaints heard about the original 6.0 conquest design.

Also surprised no one noticed the crazy outlier.

PVP team ranked weekly - 100K before bonuses, like is this for real?

If so, someone at Bioware must realllllllllly love team ranked.

not the weekly, the 10 wins. and yeah, when a guild can get 2 mil conquest(with 2 groups from the same guild wintrading) in about -5 mins per match cus again, wintrading, 20 matches for 10 wins each- 1 hr 40 mins, with 8 players willing to wintrade, not even counting the 35k*8=280k from the weekly, and the 51.9k*8=415.2k for the victoious objectives, and lastly the 22k*8=176k for the rally perk, you have a really big incentive to wintrade. and it's not like anyone in the group is gonna report them... anyway, essentially this means a guild can get what I would estimate to be about 2.875m for 1 hour and 40 mins of 8 people grinding /stuck's. this looks good on paper... but it goes too damn far

Add some infinitely repeatable objective for example "Starfighter: Medalist" for earning 8 medals in GSF match, similar to ground PvP. [/b]

This pretty much sums up what I was going to say, standard PvP has repeatable objectives, no reason GSF should not, it generally has longer queues and is more time intensive than unranked anyway.

I don't really know how to go about comparing GSF to running heroics and the like. I do know I can finish personal conquests running heroics and kill x enemy objectives somewhere in the same region of time it takes to play 1 or 2 good GSF matches.

As it stands now I don't play GSF at all if I am working on conquests due to the lack of points, it would be really nice if that were to change as it is one of my favourite activities.

This pretty much sums up what I was going to say, standard PvP has repeatable objectives, no reason GSF should not, it generally has longer queues and is more time intensive than unranked anyway.

I don't really know how to go about comparing GSF to running heroics and the like. I do know I can finish personal conquests running heroics and kill x enemy objectives somewhere in the same region of time it takes to play 1 or 2 good GSF matches.

As it stands now I don't play GSF at all if I am working on conquests due to the lack of points, it would be really nice if that were to change as it is one of my favourite activities.

I think time is ultimately the only currency we can use as a measure here: If I play one hour of GSF (or do WZs, or Ops, or FPs, or chapters) I think I should get amount of conquest that is even somehow comparable to what I get by soloing some planetaries for an hour. Right now the difference is utterly obscene.

Edited by Stradlin

not the weekly, the 10 wins. and yeah, when a guild can get 2 mil conquest(with 2 groups from the same guild wintrading) in about -5 mins per match cus again, wintrading, 20 matches for 10 wins each- 1 hr 40 mins, with 8 players willing to wintrade, not even counting the 35k*8=280k from the weekly, and the 51.9k*8=415.2k for the victoious objectives, and lastly the 22k*8=176k for the rally perk, you have a really big incentive to wintrade. and it's not like anyone in the group is gonna report them... anyway, essentially this means a guild can get what I would estimate to be about 2.875m for 1 hour and 40 mins of 8 people grinding /stuck's. this looks good on paper... but it goes too damn far

alright, let's compare this to EVF. which you nerfed. FYI. 16 players, 25k per run, even with the absurdly low estimate of 10 mins per run, is 400k CQ per 10 mins, 10 sets of 10 mins in the same 1:40 is 4 mil. divide that by 2, because you needed 16 rather than 8, and you have 2 mil in the time my method could get 2.875. ALSO: you get gear, a ton of frags, and embers from the crates. you got 100 tech frags via renown about twice every EVF with a boost. same time, 2k frags vs. gear, 2k frags, 2k ranked tokens, embers, and mats? i'll take the TR farm every day.

Unless you completely remove each and every trash objective like completing planetary mission, heroics, selling junk, feeding companion, Conquest still will be trash.

Change it back from login reward for casual players to something that is fun to participate in.

It must really bother you that I decorate my Flagship more.

It must really bother you that I define fun differently than you.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

I hope you consider making the "Complete the GSF weekly mission" an infinitely repeatable objective instead of a daily objective. The objective is already capped at once a week per character due to it being tied to a weekly. It being a daily objective instead of infinitely repeatable means you can't play 1-2 matches a day per character to get the daily done, as by day 5 all characters will complete their weekly, but only the first will get credit for the objective. This seems to go against the intention of weeklies being a carrot for people to play a fair bit during the week, and instead it turns the weekly into a pretty demanding daily, needing 5-10 matches on a single character each day, with a big penalty if you don't.

So according to you the only way conquest would be any good would be to make everyone play stupid pvp or starfighter or end games items because you have decided that is the only activity worth doing.

Well thank you for telling me what I enjoy playing. For your information, I hate pvp and will never play it but at least I don't expect everyone to hate it. Some like it and enjoy doing it for their conquest. I enjoy doing heroics, weeklies and planetary missions. I even do them in groups when my guild or boyfriend is on. What I don't like is having to group up with jerks who think they know everything.

Edited by casirabit

This whole thing shows the stupidity of the people at BW, over and over again they ignore the majority of players, and seem to listen to a few,

They have screwed the smaller guilds by reducing the easy CQ items (which everyone can do, no matter the playstyle), and making it easier for larger guilds with the extra boost for stuff they can do., and probably do anyway. I give up, CQ is obviously for large guilds only

Could we possibly dial back the hyperbole, just a tad, and put the pitchforks and torches back in the shed for a bit; at least until more information comes out? The dev post is not a conclusive list of all changes and we do not, as yet, know all that is being changed.

Or, continue arguing over the unknown. Because that is always fun and stress relieving.

Could we possibly dial back the hyperbole, just a tad, and put the pitchforks and torches back in the shed for a bit; at least until more information comes out? The dev post is not a conclusive list of all changes and we do not, as yet, know all that is being changed.

Or, continue arguing over the unknown. Because that is always fun and stress relieving.

Agreed. And what i've read shouldn't Induce this either.

I hope you consider making the "Complete the GSF weekly mission" an infinitely repeatable objective instead of a daily objective. The objective is already capped at once a week per character due to it being tied to a weekly. It being a daily objective instead of infinitely repeatable means you can't play 1-2 matches a day per character to get the daily done, as by day 5 all characters will complete their weekly, but only the first will get credit for the objective. This seems to go against the intention of weeklies being a carrot for people to play a fair bit during the week, and instead it turns the weekly into a pretty demanding daily, needing 5-10 matches on a single character each day, with a big penalty if you don't.

At this point, I'd cheer at just about any buff. GSF is pure garbage in terms of conquest now. Buff to GSF mentioned in the OP of this thread borderlines an insult..It buffs a conq objective that shows up during two weeks a year or something. Like..Gee, thanks.

...What you suggest would still be bit draconian as far as buffs go imo. Getting weekly done is prolly over 1 hr of GSF, time in queue excluded. Thats a lot of work for one 7.5k ding, infinite or otherwise.

GSF currently has TWO daily repeatables, folks. Two. 2. ONLY conq week it has any more than that is clash in hyperspace. Which happens 2 times/year.

Edited by Stradlin

It's not unknown, it's familiar territory , we've seen it so many times already :(

Getting weekly done is prolly over 1 hr of GSF, time in queue excluded.

An average match being 9 minutes, that's 45 minutes of fly time IF you win all 5. The way the matchmaker has been working lately, it's closer to double that. And queue times should definitely be considered, which at least on SF can range from almost instant if you are in the flow to about 15 minutes.

Thinking about the weekly for GSF; if we are talking about time investment from different activities providing a similar reward for conquest, then from the initial post stating that the Iokath weekly is moving up to 22,250, I would expect to see a comparable number for the GSF weekly.

Admittedly its been a while since I ran Iokath, but I know I used to be able to do it in less time than the GSF weekly takes, especially if you have long queues and a bad streak with the matchmaking.

Making the matches them selves more in line, I think if we could have a infinity repeatable for obtaining x medals giving us the 2200 points rather than the objective mentioned in the initial post, it would be a good start (Really wondering if that was the intention and the list just named the wrong objective?). It still wouldn't be as fast as playing the ground game, but it would make it viable IMO, at least to the point I wouldn't feel like I needed to complete my objectives on the ground before I went to play GSF, as it is now.

It may even get us a few more pilots if we can make it worth while for the conquest; I find a surprising amount of people have never actually tried GSF, some as its perceived to have such a high learning curve, but for some it is as they don't see the value in it over other activities which offer more reward for time invested, it certainly couldn't hurt to wave a carrot at this group of players to entice them in.

As for players joining because they think they can afk or some such for easy points, so long as the repeatable is based on medals that should not be an issue, they would have to actually play to obtain them. As to the number of medals required, may be make the target 6? That should be an easy enough target to ensure that people are participating without making the bar to high for new/inexperienced pilots I would think?

I think solo players can still reach conquest weekly but we'll see. Personally I do heroics and fps so I usually get it but that might change with this. But it wouldn't make me quit as I play for the story.

I play primarily solo as well, with just a few things I do with a couple of friends. I generally go after heroics and fps as we.. Conquest certainly isn't a deal breaker for me. I just worry that they'll repeat their history of over nerfing. I'll hop on PTS and give my feedback when the time comes. I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Team Ranked: Total Domination is now worth 100,000 points (up from 13,500).

I am sorry? 100,000 cq points? up from mere 13,500? thats extremely, insanely excessive. if it were up to 30,000 is more appropriate, 40,000 maybe but not 100,000? thats honestly an insane number.

Edited by Darittha

Hi all!

I wanted to take a moment and give some insight into the upcoming Conquest system updates you can expect to see with 6.1.4. As always, the following information is subject to change. Let’s dive in!

Point Rebalance

One of the biggest changes coming with 6.1.4 and Conquests is an across the board point rebalance. We are taking a deeper look at Objective time and effort, ensuring that those objectives which might take a longer time to complete or have a higher complexity in order to complete will feel as equally rewarding as some of the less time intensive objectives.

We took a thorough look at every Conquest objective and balanced their final points through emphasizing objective time to complete, complexity, and repeatability. The result is an abundance of Conquest points for some of the most complex and/or time intensive objectives, lesser points for marginal time and effort objectives, and an even scale for those objectives in the middle.

Below is just a small example of some of the point changes this has resulted in.

All values displayed are base values without any additional bonuses or multipliers and subject to change.

Changes will be listed as <Conquest Objective> new 6.1.4 value (relative to previous value), similar to patch notes.

• Items: Credits for Junk is now worth 550 points (down from 1,750).
  • Advancement: Hail a Taxi is now worth 550 points (down from 1,750).
  • Starfighter: <Ship> Eternal is now worth 2,200 points (up from 600).
  • Chapters: Any are now worth 4,850 points (up from 3,000).
  • Operation: Master is now worth 13,100 points (up from 7,500).
  • Iokath: Weekly Mission is now worth 22,250 points (up from 4,000).
  • Team Ranked: Total Domination is now worth 100,000 points (up from 13,500).

Objective Level Bracket Updates

We continue to review the Objectives available for each bracket to ensure players of all levels have a meaningful and enjoyable Conquest experience, while also challenging players in the appropriate manner.

With that, we have made additional adjustments to some Conquest Objectives and the Level Bracket they appear in. This includes the following:

Subject to change.

Changes will be listed as <Conquest Objective> new 6.1.4 bracket (relative to previous brackets), similar to patch notes.

• Advancement: Legacy is now in the 10-49 bracket (in addition to 50-70 and 71+).
  • World Boss (Coruscant/Dromund Kaas - Corellia) is now in the 10-49 bracket (in addition to 50-70 and 71+).
  • Items: Credits for Junk is now only in the 10-49 bracket (it is no longer in the 50-70 and 71+ brackets)

New Conquest Objectives

We want to continue offering additional avenues for players to participate in Conquests without feeling like they have to choose Conquests over an activity that they want to participate in. For instance, a player who spends their time playing through Knights of the Fallen Empire or Knights of the Eternal Throne may be sacrificing a decent chunk of Conquest participation in order to enjoy their epic stories.

Our goal continues to be allowing you to play how you want while feeling like you are able to meaningfully contribute to your Conquest goals. As such, we have added new Conquest Objectives you can expect to see on a regular cadence, ranging from Defeating Skytroopers and completing Heroic Planetary Missions, to Uprisings and conquering Star Fortresses!

Events and Conquest

Events are a good break from the day to day of saving (or taking over!) the Galaxy, and we want to continue supporting that notion through Conquests. We are further expanding on the relationship between Conquest and events through the addition of new Conquest Objectives, tweaking the repeatability of others, and making point adjustments to others still.

Using the Relics of the Gree event as an example, the following changes are coming to further support the Event.:

Subject to change.

Changes will be listed as <Conquest Objective> new 6.1.4 value (relative to previous value), similar to patch notes.

• Relics of the Gree: Critical Missions is now Infinitely repeatable and worth 1,650 points (previously was Daily only worth 4,000)
  • Relics of the Gree: Defeat Surgok'k is now worth 5,800 points (up from 4,000).
  • Relics of the Gree: Defeat Gravak'k is now worth 5,800 points (up from 4,000).
  • Relics of the Gree: The Gray Secant is now worth 10,700 points (up from 9,750).
  • Relics of the Gree: The Gray Secant Pinnacle is now worth 2,700 points (up from 1,100).
  • NEW Relics of the Gree: Defeat Droids is a Weekly Conquest Objective worth 10,700.
  • NEW Relics of the Gree: Defeat Droids 2 is an Infinitely repeatable Objective worth 2,750.

These new additions are not only exclusive to our rotational events, however! In addition, we are branching out and adding Conquest Objectives for our Seasonal events as well! Be on the lookout for new and exciting ways to participate in both Seasonal and rotational Events through Conquest as they come around!

Introduction To Conquest

There is little doubt that over the years Conquests have changed substantially from what they were originally. As we continue to iterate, we find it important to give players context as to what this system has become and what it can offer you! With that in mind, we have made some tweaks to the Introduction To Conquest Mission, including revisiting the rewards, the Mission text, and auto-granting the Mission to players as soon as they reach Level 10 and are eligible to participate in the Conquest System!

For those who are already past Level 10 and have not already completed the Mission, this can still be obtained from the Mission Terminal on the Republic and Imperial Fleets respectively.

Shorter UI Popup Notification

Finally, we have made an adjustment and lowered the duration of the UI Popup for Conquest Objectives!

We will be putting these changes onto the Public Test Server soon, so be on the lookout! We are excited about these updates to Conquest, and can’t wait to get them out to you all with PTS and finally 6.1.4. We look forward to your feedback!

Will all of the changes be on the pts or only the ones you’ve mentioned in this post?

Edited by TrixxieTriss