6.0 Crafting is Ludicrously a complete and total piece of Junk

bryceccoleman

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I just won't craft. I liked crafting but not now, its not worth it to me. Crafted parts will also be too expensive. So when I can't play without frustration then what will I do?

Psst "Maybe go somewhere where there is less aggravation?"

Lots of us PTS testers said exactly the same as you're saying now. Unfortunately BW did not make the changes we most requested. The more voices like yours are added to ours, the more pressure it'll put on BW to actually change what's necessary, so thanks for also speaking up.

I think you can add as much Voices as you want, this stubborn, ignorant und incompent dev Team will never hear what we say.

We told them the crafting system is broken - they ignored it.

We told them gearing system is boring - they ignored it

we told them conquest point increase for personal goal is to much - they ignored it

what did you expect?

Edited by Master_Morak

It may have been brought up in this thread already, but let's not forget that higher level characters with the new better gear perform worse than level 70's in 252/258 gear. Level lock is, and the rest of 6.0 are turning out to be garbage. And the fact that this has been in the works for over a year and half is so ridiculous, that's it's a sad joke now.

It may have been brought up in this thread already, but let's not forget that higher level characters with the new better gear perform worse than level 70's in 252/258 gear. Level lock is, and the rest of 6.0 are turning out to be garbage. And the fact that this has been in the works for over a year and half is so ridiculous, that's it's a sad joke now.

I know a lot of players don't care or don't pay attention to the meta aspects of this game, but this is a big part of my underlying reason for disliking Onslaught.

I'm not sure how anyone though it was a great idea to leave the vast majority of content at 70, then stat cap players above 70 in such a way as to make even a well geared 75 weaker in the same content as a level 70, as well as to render things like proc relics or consumable buffs irrelevant in lots of content if the stat being buffed is capped.

To label this design as dumb would be an understatement.

Edited by DawnAskham

I'm assuming when our reps hit 100 they turn blue, 200 purple, beyond gold? At that time we'll be able to tackle the harder stuff.

With 6.0 some brain dead person or persons in BIOWARE decided to destroy crafting for any and every item using grade 11 materials. Endless extra combine steps, material requirements at 20 times the amount of materials required for a similar grade 10 item, requiring master mode flashpoint, conquest or operations materials for even green 268 gear etc. Simply put crafting is no longer viable.

1. Material requirements are 10 times plus above 5.6. material yields only marginally increased on missions.

2. Green 268 gear requires an Isotope Stabilizer from master mode flashpoint, operations or ranked warzones.

3. Blue 276 augments require a Processed Isotope Stabilizer from master mode flashpoints, operations or ranked warzones and Solid Resource Matrixes from personal conquest and you raised the personal conquest level to 50K from 15K.

4. Basic items that were 2X2X2 mat requirements are now 10X10X10 such as assembly components, stims, med packs

You need to revert to 2X2X2 or only a slight increase to 3X3X3 to account for the increased mat drops.

The reinvention of crafting represented by this expansion is an unneccesary step backwards in crafting being viable to the game. Only the super elite will have access to crafting for viable gear. This pushes most players into the mercy of drops from Renown advancement only.

I am canceling any further subscription for this account and moving on to something else.

ERIC YOU NEED TO FIX THIS

I play and sub because my wife loves the game and it is something that we can enjoy together. She has played since day 1 and on many occasions said that she would be here until the plug was pulled.

I was shocked when she told me yesterday that she did not even feel like playing anymore and likely would leave after Christmas.

She is a mostly solo player, unless we play together, who loves crafting and building alts. The new system has put crafting beyond her and the small amount of content has left her with little to do.

It is much sad because she loves the game. I feel really bad for her. I will, of course, be gone when she is. I also enjoyed crafting and it was a big part of my game. I don't feel much like logging on either.

The changes are an invitation for us to move on.

This is because lvl syinc does not work right. Only mastery, power and endurance seem to be capped. Tertiary stats r not affected (other than armour).

What im trying to say is that if u got 30% crit chance at 75, u will have 30% crit chance scaled to 70 too. Relatively speaking ur crit should be somewhat higher, along with all ur other tertiary stats.

At 70 we used to have 1.3 GCD, uber crit and set bonus. Now, most of us for a long time wont have set bonus, only 1.4 GCD and bit less crit too till u get new augs put on.

Only the extra bolster when u have high ir and some very powerful tacticals can boost ur dmg significantly.

This guy gets it...

You know few month prior, devs posted about accounts sitting on literal thousands of pile of mats and billions of credits. Though I do not support this "Kill'em all and let god sort it out" method but it works... So hold on about crafting... Its gutted for now but after a year of hoarding mats and things, you might get back in business. sell cartel stuff in meantime, I know I'd do that.

gl 'till then.

Honestly other players having stashes full of materials shouldn't ever impact on the lowest common denominator. Someone new to the game or coming back after a long hiatus who might stick around and help support the game financially, should never be penalised in this manner.

It doesn't really achieve much of anything aside from annoy a larger proportion of the player base, to the extent that they simply don't craft the Grade 11 stuff (or as I'm seeing are too stupid to understand crafting costs and are selling at either cost or a straight up loss).

Meanwhile, I'll continue to craft the small amount that I do raising my prices above the rate of inflation and sit on the materials I'm gathering for Grade 11. I'm not using them to craft much of anything, aside from a few basic stims (that I refuse to RE with a 20% chance) with materials gained while levelling crew skills. Other materials I've simply sold.

BioWare need to address the complete mess they've made with crafting in 6.0. Not one year down the line, or even one month later. They can nerf slicing nodes across the board within one week, so they can sort the rest of it out. Things like the crew skill mission material returns or simply the lack of variety of crew skill missions (no Rich Yields for certain things like Bio materials), or the inconsistent yields on Grade 11 Arch nodes (not enough power crystals).

There are no excuses for this shoddiness.

Honestly other players having stashes full of materials shouldn't ever impact on the lowest common denominator. Someone new to the game or coming back after a long hiatus who might stick around and help support the game financially, should never be penalised in this manner.

It doesn't really achieve much of anything aside from annoy a larger proportion of the player base, to the extent that they simply don't craft the Grade 11 stuff (or as I'm seeing are too stupid to understand crafting costs and are selling at either cost or a straight up loss).

Meanwhile, I'll continue to craft the small amount that I do raising my prices above the rate of inflation and sit on the materials I'm gathering for Grade 11. I'm not using them to craft much of anything, aside from a few basic stims (that I refuse to RE with a 20% chance) with materials gained while levelling crew skills. Other materials I've simply sold.

BioWare need to address the complete mess they've made with crafting in 6.0. Not one year down the line, or even one month later. They can nerf slicing nodes across the board within one week, so they can sort the rest of it out. Things like the crew skill mission material returns or simply the lack of variety of crew skill missions (no Rich Yields for certain things like Bio materials), or the inconsistent yields on Grade 11 Arch nodes (not enough power crystals).

There are no excuses for this shoddiness.

The amount of old pre-6.0 materials sitting in player storage is irrelevant to 6.0 crafting - and if they are worried everyone will vendor all the old materials for credits, set a vendor value of 1 credit or even zero.

Throttling gear acquisition by throttling crafting isn't going to do anything - players already have 306 gear from grinding FPs, and get piles of it continuing to run content, so making it excessively difficult, costly and time consuming to craft even 274 items is pointless and only frustrates and angers those interested in crafting.

Adding conquest materials to blue 274 items is the step too far, and only favors players with a bunch of alts in large conquest guilds micro-managing their activity to cap conquest on multiple characters or players with more credits than they can ever possibly spend, and only if they are willing to assume the risk of burning potentially hundreds of millions of credits worth of materials to successfully overcome the low RE chance.

I've already removed my recurring subscription and am just letting my existing time run down - I can put up with some annoyances, even the wonky returns from missions and excessive materials cost increases - but the conquest material requirement for 274 items, including blue augments, along with the low RE chance to progress items to a useful level, is where I draw the line.

Edited by DawnAskham

I also enjoyed crafting and it was a big part of my game. I don't feel much like logging on either. The changes are an invitation for us to move on.

In typical fashion they have not even given any sort of explanation behind what they were trying to accomplish with the changes to crafting.

In my last criticism highlighted on the forums, it was the possibility that crafting would be left in a broken and useless state if left as it was on the PTS, and sure enough that has occurred.

There's absolutely nothing good about the crafting system right now, and it's actually broken because of the nonsensical material requirements for even the most simple of 6.0 recipes.

To the devs and Eric Musco, can you guys at least acknowledge you are aware of the broken state of crafting and what you plan to do about it?

IThe changes are an invitation for us to move on.

I've already done this. While the story part of 6.0 is certainly enjoyable, every other change has done the opposite for me. So, I'll be taking my money elsewhere....and I encourage everyone else dissatisfied to do the same, as that's the only thing BIoware pays attention to.

There's absolutely nothing good about the crafting system right now, and it's actually broken because of the nonsensical material requirements for even the most simple of 6.0 recipes.

To the devs and Eric Musco, can you guys at least acknowledge you are aware of the broken state of crafting and what you plan to do about it?

They plan to do what they always do.

Keep quiet and wait for us to stop complaining.

Problem is most people will have stopped complaining because they aren't playing anymore.

I upgraded crafting on each of my Faction Mains, but beyond that I've not touched it, and have no intention of doing so.

I just wish they'd add a Ton more crafting recipes for Decorations, you have no idea how much time, game money and RL money I spent on that stuff in ESO.

All The Best

In typical fashion they have not even given any sort of explanation behind what they were trying to accomplish with the changes to crafting.

In my last criticism highlighted on the forums, it was the possibility that crafting would be left in a broken and useless state if left as it was on the PTS, and sure enough that has occurred.

I doubt they will explain. Eric's comunication on the subject during PTS was few, misleading and not even on time. Everything from testers opinions, their maths and examples and any number they could grab from our test showed they system was off balance and not in line from what Eric said we should be experiencing. They still implemented it.

They can nerf slicing nodes across the board within one week, so they can sort the rest of it out.

The changes are an invitation for us to move on.

I was a PTS tester and after i saw crafting and that they were not not going to make proper changes i cancelled my subscription. I already played story for 6.0 and subscription runs out today. I may play this weekend with a referral and next week (since Eric refuses to address the subject) is uninstall.

To any troll wanting to ask for my stuff, the answer is NO, is for my guildmates.

This week's conquest is a high-crafting one. War Supplies give 3000+ conquest points and is daily repeatable. Invasion Forces are 6000+ conquest points and are daily repeatable. Each type of War Supply also gives 1000+ for the infinitely repeatable "Craft War Supply" objective. An invasion Force counts as a War Supply, and each is legacy wide, so if you craft two Starship Weapons and two Armored Vehicles on an Armormech or Cybertech, then two Holocrons of Strategy and two Crystal Capacitors on an Artificer or Synthweaver, and then your BIochemist makes one Infantry Supplies (that's a total of nine war supplies) and then one Invasion Force, you get 3000+ for the Infantry Supplies plus 1000+ for the War Supply, plus 6000+ for the Invasion Force PLUS 9500+ for the one time objective, Craft ten War Supplies-- up to 20.000 for your Biochemist in one shot.

But here's the catch. The Armored Vehicles and Crystal Capacitors ***ABSOLUTELY*** demand eight-- that's right, EIGHT... grade ELEVEN bonded attachments/assembly components now. Since scavenging/archaeology give a lot more of the standard flux/cloth components now than buying from the crew skill vendor, that's a LOT of missions with an **OBSCENELY** large chance of total mission fail. Even with an influence 50 companion.

In other words... "We could not possibly be more absolutely absolutely

***ABSOLUTELY*** INSULTED

that anyone other than the super-rich try to cap conquest this week... much less anyone who does not keep on buying more and more CARTEL PACKS so we at EA can stroke our (rhymes with 'sticks') ever more briskly."

Edited by HollyUSEC

This week's conquest is a high-crafting one. War Supplies give 3000+ conquest points and is daily repeatable. Invasion Forces are 6000+ conquest points and are daily repeatable. Each type of War Supply also gives 1000+ for the infinitely repeatable "Craft War Supply" objective. An invasion Force counts as a War Supply, and each is legacy wide, so if you craft two Starship Weapons and two Armored Vehicles on an Armormech or Cybertech, then two Holocrons of Strategy and two Crystal Capacitors on an Artificer or Synthweaver, and then your BIochemist makes one Infantry Supplies (that's a total of nine war supplies) and then one Invasion Force, you get 3000+ for the Infantry Supplies plus 1000+ for the War Supply, plus 6000+ for the Invasion Force PLUS 9500+ for the one time objective, Craft ten War Supplies-- up to 20.000 for your Biochemist in one shot.

But here's the catch. The Armored Vehicles and Crystal Capacitors ***ABSOLUTELY*** demand eight-- that's right, EIGHT... grade ELEVEN bonded attachments/assembly components now. Since scavenging/archaeology give a lot more of the standard flux/cloth components now than buying from the crew skill vendor, that's a LOT of missions with an **OBSCENELY** large chance of total mission fail. Even with an influence 50 companion.

In other words... "We could not possibly be more absolutely absolutely

***ABSOLUTELY*** INSULTED

that anyone other than the super-rich try to cap conquest this week... much less anyone who does not keep on buying more and more CARTEL PACKS so we at EA can stroke our (rhymes with 'sticks') ever more briskly."

Not to mention you need a spreadsheet to track all the different one off daily versus weekly versus repeatable objectives to be able to get the points on the right character - otherwise more than likely end up with too many points on one character, not enough on another, but more than enough for two when averaged.

Remember when they partially reverted a classic 'fix' by decreasing crafting times by 30% (from the increases among other things they implemented) and received a lot of praise for 'steps in the right direction'? What does it amount to when someone takes $10 from you and gives back $2? Utterly ridiculous. It was even more unbearable on the subreddit.

This is by design and forum goers have very little to no effect on these sort of things because they're put in for a reason. We're clearly not the target demographic.

They plan to do what they always do.

Keep quiet and wait for us to stop complaining.

You know, it's times like these that a simple one liner would go a long way, something along the lines of "We're working to address some of the issues raised by the players".

Wouldn't do any harm, an ETA on fixes (if any) would also be welcome. Sadly I'm with Darth Spuds on this one and would probably fall off my chair backwards with shock if we ever get a response from our community manager.

Wouldn't do any harm, an ETA on fixes (if any) would also be welcome. Sadly I'm with Darth Spuds on this one and would probably fall off my chair backwards with shock if we ever get a response from our community manager.

I think, from their point of view, there is nothing to fix. This was likely an intentional design and there are no bugs - even obvious, annoying things like less frequency of archeology grade 11 crystals compared to fragments seems intended, to prolong grind. From records Bioware is very stubborn to change their game design philosophies during expansion cycle. Best bet is to wait for another big changes that are likely to come with an expansion, and that can be even another 3 years. But from records again many big changes during game's history seemed to be for the worse, so I would be careful to wish for changes. :p

Edited by black_pyros

I've been here since day one. I said I would NEVER quit the game, this 6.0 crafting crap has finally driven me away. My husband stayed to play with me. We will stay until after Christmas then leave. I am so sad that the devs did this. Then they will say MMO's are dead. No, you kill them.