Welcome to Phase 3 PTS

EricMusco

the gearing system is horrible, there are too many variations of armourings, modifications and enhancements, it will be a night mare to get BiS. And set bonuses are tired to the clothing. Well, how are people supposed to gear alts now?

Ya, this change I hate the most. It was like this at launch and the best thing they did was move them to the armorings. Going back to the old way is clearly their poor attempt at trying to create a money sink.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how do you enter PTS, I copied the alts I wanted and tried to enter as Eric stated, but I cannot find a button called setting, I am on the character screen and all I see are help, cinematic, preferences, credits server selection and quit, there is no button for settings, perhaps I am on the wrong screen.

Hey all,

We are going to bring PTS down briefly this AM to deploy a new patch. That patch is going to be putting crafting materials on the boost terminals to allow for easy crafting of high-end augments.

Thanks all.

-eric

Just an observation: you stated, early on, that this expansion's theme was to allow players to play they way they want. Looking at the crafting mats today, we will not be able to play the way we want, we will be forced into playing content that we may not like to play just to get mats for crafting.

For example: Processed Isotope Stabilizer "Found in Master Flashpoints, Story, Veteran and Master Operations, and in Ranked Warzones."

I like Warzones, just not ranked because I can't stand to listen to ppl cry when they lose, so that is a no go for me.

I like Ops anytime I can get in them, but not everyone does. Flashpoints are cool too, but not for everyone.

The Solid Resource Matrix "rewarded for completing the personal goal of a conquest". Again, not every player wants to do all the activities required to complete the "personal goal" of a conquest.

Legendary Embers are obtained from harvesting and missions, which is part of crafting.

How will I get the Isotope and Resource Matrix ingredients if I just want to do daily questing, and play casually to relax, after a hard day's work, or if I don't have time to get into anything time consuming?

This is NOT achieving "Play your way".

Edited by Otaktey
opps

how do you enter PTS, I copied the alts I wanted and tried to enter as Eric stated, but I cannot find a button called setting, I am on the character screen and all I see are help, cinematic, preferences, credits server selection and quit, there is no button for settings, perhaps I am on the wrong screen.

You are indeed in the worng screen as you have already started the game.

https://vulkk.com/2018/07/07/swtor-pts-how-to-enable-access-it-and-copy-your-characters/

Putting crafting mats on the boost terminal does not address the fact that current PTS crafting costs are ridiculous.

Exactly. They are trying to get people to think things aren't so bad by making them easy to get on pts, but that does not fix the problem. It only masks it.

Just an observation: you stated, early on, that this expansion's theme was to allow players to play they way they want. Looking at the crafting mats today, we will not be able to play the way we want, we will be forced into playing content that we may not like to play just to get mats for crafting. [/color][/size].

I never believe what they say. I wait to see what they do, and then try to get an understanding of that.

The way I look at is, a healthy dose of skepticism comes in handy when dealing with people trying to sell me something.

crafting just one blue augment takes too much effort to even test it.. missions are long, you need both main skill and slicing to craft one by product, then craft second byproduct... gathering mats takes for ever and when the companion comes back he delivers 6 green jawak junk when you need 200 to get 1 mat, while you need 10mats for 1 green byproduct..

this system is over complicated, takes ages and while i was crafting my own augments (not the gold ones) since 2.0, now i might aswell give up and wait for prices to go down... not worth the hassle

crafting just one blue augment takes too much effort to even test it.. missions are long, you need both main skill and slicing to craft one by product, then craft second byproduct... gathering mats takes for ever and when the companion comes back he delivers 6 green jawak junk when you need 200 to get 1 mat, while you need 10mats for 1 green byproduct..

this system is over complicated, takes ages and while i was crafting my own augments (not the gold ones) since 2.0, now i might aswell give up and wait for prices to go down... not worth the hassle

Ya I used to craft my own augments. Between current crafting and whats on the PTS, I'd rather just continue beating my head against a wall of dailies and buy them than deal with this crafting nonsense.

Hey all,

We are going to bring PTS down briefly this AM to deploy a new patch. That patch is going to be putting crafting materials on the boost terminals to allow for easy crafting of high-end augments.

Thanks all.

-eric

Putting the rare mats on the terminal is great but it's not really helpful when crafting costs are so high to begin with and you pretty much have to sit and run gathering missions 24/7 to get the other materials be able to craft any augments.

Exactly. They are trying to get people to think things aren't so bad by making them easy to get on pts, but that does not fix the problem. It only masks it.

If their only objective this phase is to determine the balance of the crafted end products, in particular augments, then their solution is the easiest way to achieve that objective.

However, who cares if something is slightly under-powered or balanced spot-on if you won't be able to craft it for months?

Hey all,

Thanks all.

-eric

Not only this do not solve the problem that you are requiring mats that should only matter for Gold items in green schematics but you messed our source of regular mats in PTS by fixing the disintegration of medpacks....

Really, its fantistic that is fixed before launch date; but with the insane amount required to make a single bonded attachment and everything requiring a lot of everything i'm burning all the stacks of green scraps i had from first part of PTS 2.0 (when we need to do that for TF, remember?).

On live with only need 2 missions(one of each gather) in average to have the mats for 4 bonded attachment. Now one of each missions may not be enought for a single bonded attachment, and we have of two kinds per rarity and things require more of them.

You guys really make things difficult even for testing.

Not only this do not solve the problem that you are requiring mats that should only matter for Gold items in green schematics but you messed our source of regular mats in PTS by fixing the disintegration of medpacks....

Really, its fantistic that is fixed before launch date; but with the insane amount required to make a single bonded attachment and everything requiring a lot of everything i'm burning all the stacks of green scraps i had from first part of PTS 2.0 (when we need to do that for TF, remember?).

On live with only need 2 missions(one of each gather) in average to have the mats for 4 bonded attachment. Now one of each missions may not be enought for a single bonded attachment, and we have of two kinds per rarity and things require more of them.

You guys really make things difficult even for testing.

I haven't logged into PTS today....deconstructing stacks of stims doesn't give you jawa scraps anymore?

whoopsie....I hope they didn't want too much testing to occur.

Hey all,

Thanks all.

-eric

That does not address any of the testing concerns over the increased requirements and prices for crafting the absolute basic gear or any gear for that matter.

This is really no different to you adding more “nodes” for us to farm when we couldn’t get enough mats.

Honestly Eric, you guys so out of touch with what we are telling you regarding crafting. Is our feed back not getting back to the design team properly or are they just ignoring it?

It feels like you didn’t and don’t really want any of our feed back on crafting because nothing we have told has been changed. We’ve also had basically zero communication on this topic from you either, unlike the other threads.

What was the point in even asking us. That feed back thread on crafting now comes across as totally disingenuous and a complete waste of everyone’s time who have been testing the crafting system and providing said feed back.

If you don’t plan to change anything, at least give us the curtesy of knowing so we can stop wasting our time.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I haven't logged into PTS today....deconstructing stacks of stims doesn't give you jawa scraps anymore?

whoopsie....I hope they didn't want too much testing to occur.

They changed the items in vendor and the new ones cannot be deconstructed.

If you have staks of stims or medpacks that you bought before the change, those can be deconstructed.

Hey all,

Thanks all.

-eric

I've been holding off commenting on crafting until you said we were testing it. Now that we are, I have several thoughts, many of which I believe are echoed throughout this post.

1. The amount of materials to make the "building block" (i.e. Cell Graft) components are 5x higher than any previous tier of crafting to date.

2. The cost of the "white" (crew skill vendor) materials has also gone up considerably, especially given that to make higher tiers of stims, adrenals, etc. it requires 3 different types of these "white" materials. I was only able make it to a blue stim through deconstruction due to the abysmal schematic learn rate.

3. Time consuming by having to make many green cell grafts, to then make blue cell grafts, to then make purple cell grafts. This really just makes busy work for people who enjoy crafting in this game.

This is really just the tip of the iceberg here. I wasn't able to do much more testing since I ran out of Jawa Scrap before I even got to a purple-grade stim. I also wasn't able to even start the augment testing because of running out of Jawa Scrap as well. I know many friends of mine that will simply not be subbing again if something isn't changed. I have a few suggestions in this regard:

1. Reduce the Cell graft material cost back to 2 of the base materials

2. Have only one type of "white" material"

3. Increase Schematic learning chance to At Least 60%.

If memory serves, there was an overhaul done to the crafting system to make it less complicated. This is a return to the convoluted nature that crafting was at before said overhaul. I also had enough materials to Deconstruct 5 iLvL 268 Implants. The 1 successfully learned schematic gave me a iLvL 274 Implant Schematic. This is entirely unacceptable and should have given me an entry-level blue tier schematic.

Edited by DarthBatemanJ

The Life or Warden tactical needs to reset in between rounds for pvp. (Arenas)

There's just one reasonable thing, they can do with the Life Warden tactical in terms of PvP.

Permit it, or eben better, remove it completely.

It's hard enough, to balance DCDs against each other. Don't make a topic, which is hard enough to handle even more complicated. Some people seem to forget, that PvP is about people actually dieing.

I'm not saying, that some classes don't need some love, in terms of DCDs and some could use a small nerf, but adding a second life tactical (which can be switched by stealth classes easily btw.) causes more problems, than it solves.

And while we're on it: Remove, or at least permit the effects of amplifiers in PvP. All amps, which effect combat performance are either OP and therefore mandatory (Life Steal/Armor Penetration/Force, Tech, Heal increase, Decrease of CC breaker CD etc.), or are completely useless and therefore can be left out anyway.

TL;DR Hey BioWare. You don't do yourself a favor, by introducing more variables to the formula called "Balancing", which is complicated enough by now.

Warzones (ranked and unranked) Not Enough people. Certain specs break pvp

Operations (any difficulty) not enough people.

Flashpoints (any difficulty) soloable vet mode. better feel at level 70. Group master mode. Better that MM is at 75

World content (missions, heroics, chapters) Heroics not giving supply crates for level 75 or missing for those under 75.

Kotet chapter 1 impossible to complete.

Mission some of the new onderon missions are bugged and incomplete.

Crafting you gave us a way to get the purple rare mats and then took away the way for use to get the green blue and purple regular matts.

I got mats from deconstructing the stims and med packs from the vendor not tech fragments on my biochem.

So now I have all the nice restricted mats but no regular mats after one crafting run. Which did not earn me any blue implant designs.

Edited by Hawkebatt