Welcome to Phase 3 PTS

EricMusco

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Onderon daily crates just gave me nothing but downgrades - 270 and 272 at IR 276. Pretty sure that shouldn’t be happening. It happened to me with a renown cache too, 274 relic at 276. definitely not supposed to happen, given how sparse items in renown crates are. Thought you should know it’s still happening!

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

I alluded to this in my earlier post (Phase 3 coming down the end of the this week) but I wanted to post a reminder. PTS Phase 3 will be coming down for good this Friday afternoon! Make sure to get in your PTS Achievements by then if you want the Kai Zaikken log.

The current patch that is on PTS will be the final one. We would love to put up more patches and show you the changes that have already been made, along with gathering more feedback. At this point though the team needs to focus their efforts on the final build for the 22nd. Definitely keep all feedback coming it is still being passed onto the team and rolled into launch.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

The current patch that is on PTS will be the final one. We would love to put up more patches and show you the changes that have already been made, along with gathering more feedback. At this point though the team needs to focus their efforts on the final build for the 22nd. Definitely keep all feedback coming it is still being passed onto the team and rolled into launch.

Eric, I really hope that drastic changes to crafting are part of the changes that have already been made. The community has consistently given strong feedback that 6.0 crafting is so expensive and time-consuming that it feels punishing rather than rewarding. I hope the team has been reading that feedback and taking it into account, because if PTS crafting goes into 6.0 without serious changes a lot of people whose primary interest is crafting will leave the game.

Edited by Estelindis

Hey folks,

I alluded to this in my earlier post (Phase 3 coming down the end of the this week) but I wanted to post a reminder. PTS Phase 3 will be coming down for good this Friday afternoon! Make sure to get in your PTS Achievements by then if you want the Kai Zaikken log.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

So Eric any chance you give a little detail on these changes you're talking about because right now there's a lot on the PTS sever that we as your player base are not happy with and have given great detailed feedback on what is not working for the game and have heard nothing back. Please don't repeat the same mistake that always happened with an XPC or Big Update where we give feedback and nothing happens you release it and then it stays broken for months cause everyone goes on hiatus for December( I know it only OCT but the wheels of correcting patches or updates is slow with you folks) and we are left with an unfinished product and basically told to just suck it up. This new gearing system has major flaws with all the RNG along with the vendor being RNG and atrociously not a good way to supplement getting gear. Crafting being outrageously overpriced to make the new item and not worth the effort. I fail to see why there been nothing but silence from your team and yourself on that front. Releasing 6.0 in its current state is only going to drive people away (and I know this song has been sung before) but you surely have had to reared the forums and seen the outcry, rage and hate that has been generated due to the state of 6.0. Please don't ruin the game.

Eric, I really hope that drastic changes to crafting are part of the changes that have already been made. The community has consistently given strong feedback that 6.0 crafting is so expensive and time-consuming that it feels punishing rather than rewarding. I hope the team has been reading that feedback and taking it into account, because if PTS crafting goes into 6.0 without serious changes a lot of people whose primary interest is crafting will leave the game.

^ same thoughts regarding the crafting system

P.S. You said you will be increasing drops, yet you decreased the amount of jawa scrap dropped while at the same time stubbornly keeping those 200 scrap prices in this latest PTS refresh. Why do you really want to fill the game with so much bloat? Just lower prices, and lower drops, but proportionally. I don't want to have to create toons just to have extra cargos where to deposit jawa scrap. It is simply stupid!

I cannot claim the 2 titles from the PTS phase 2 achievement on my PTS character, even though I have the achievement completed, the log mount did unlock

The titles were mailed to my PTS character that completed the achievement. Make sure on whichever PTS character you got it on you check it's in-game mail.

I have a bad feeling about this !

The balance needs tweaking, drop rates needs tweaking, prices needs tweaking, crafting needs ... a miracle if you ask me. What's the rush ?! Make it a Christmas launch, but make it solid and stable. I don't want another 5.0 "brand new Command Crate gearing system" sorta pushback to the community, where you forced us away into one activity in order to be able to combat those horrible RNG changes you've made. It went from killing Mandalorians on Drommund Kaas, to farming DP 1st boss, to running Fractured 24/7. See how long it took you to sorta fix this ? Would you like to learn my estimate on how long it will take you guys to recover from what you're propositioning as 6.0 ? Around 2 to 2 and a half years. If the game ain't dead by then of course, because I don't see how majority of us are going to stick around, being forced into doing stuff we find repetitive in SWTOR, if not outright boring and distasteful.

I say this as someone who's "equally terrible at all of the specs", because that's who I am - I can't play a single advanced class and spec for too long, because I get bored. If I get forced into collecting 3 set bonus gears per spec, per advanced class, it will take me years to recover back to where I am right now in the game. I say this as someone who has over 40 max level toons across two servers (SS and DM). This patch and the state that it is right now, feels like it was design to force me out and away from the game. Personally ! 'Coz I'm also a crafter !

Well, that sucks.

There are a lot of thigs we really need answers and you have been very silent since several days or even weeks.

The crafting in 6.0 is broken, will you release that?

Will you keep the price increase of white crafting mats? Does it mean we should spend credits now in live?

What will happen to heroic alliance crates? Was it just a glitch on PTS loot or are changes comming?

What will happen to lvl sync? Will you keep lvl 70? will you make changes? are you going back to bolster to lvl 75?

Will you take some time and actually explain REAL reasons behind the things we see that make no sense?

I'm not asking for story spoilers. I'm asking about gameplay. I like surprises when the chance of that being good are high. Since BW track record is that 99% things we don't know are bad (and things we do know are really bad in current patch), i'm not happy about not knowing what kind of game we will have on launch day.

I've been following all the discussions about the PTS since it started, but nowhere can I find answer to the question: Why?

Why is Conquest changing? Why is crafting turning into a debacle? Why to a lot of the gearing issues commonly reported?

It helps a ton if the developer explains a lot of this so the community can buy into the vision for the game.

I have a feeling as if their crafting plans are projected by data from a few huge Crafting Whales who are able to absolutely dominate the market.

If that's the case, then they're punishing all the rest of us just to affect those big crafters - and they won't even be that effective, because those few big crafters will be better cushioned to handle the massive triple-layered inflation coming with these crafting changes. As I've said elsewhere, a flat 95% tax hurts ordinary people much worse than the hyper-rich, because their remaining 5% will still be plenty, while we'll be left with a pittance.

Edited by Estelindis

Hey folks,

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Please continue to avoid everyone's concerns. You're doing great at communicating with the community. I highly doubt anything will change and with this statement I'm sure you don't really care what we think.

I cannot claim the 2 titles from the PTS phase 2 achievement on my PTS character, even though I have the achievement completed, the log mount did unlock

Same here.

The titles were mailed to my PTS character that completed the achievement. Make sure on whichever PTS character you got it on you check it's in-game mail.

I didn't receive anything :confused:

I've been following all the discussions about the PTS since it started, but nowhere can I find answer to the question: Why?

Why is Conquest changing? Why is crafting turning into a debacle? Why to a lot of the gearing issues commonly reported?

It helps a ton if the developer explains a lot of this so the community can buy into the vision for the game.

I have asked myself the same thing through out this whole process as well. And I've just come to the conclusion that we really won't ever get an honest straight answer. There's a lot that they have done through the games life cycle that I've seen the community scratch they heads at and wonder why they did what they did. Somewhere along the way the relationship between the dev team and the player base was lost along with trust in the dev team to due the right thing and there just hasn't been enough effort on their part to earn it back IMO for us as player not to question and judge their every move

I have asked myself the same thing through out this whole process as well. And I've just come to the conclusion that we really won't ever get an honest straight answer. There's a lot that they have done through the games life cycle that I've seen the community scratch they heads at and wonder why they did what they did. Somewhere along the way the relationship between the dev team and the player base was lost along with trust in the dev team to due the right thing and there just hasn't been enough effort on their part to earn it back IMO for us as player not to question and judge their every move

Interesting. I've found the opposite for most things. The biggest exception being GC crates. It was nice to have in addition to raiding and HMFP, but it's execution wasn't good. I usually find the explanations and such in the streams and such.

Taking an overall view, things have changed for the better, albeit slowly. Sometimes I'll have to rewatch a stream.

Also, poor Eric was the only community guy for several years. He had a ton on his plate. And judging their every move or cynical about it just makes one miserable and saps the joy from what is good.

Somewhere along the way the relationship between the dev team and the player base was lost along with trust in the dev team to due the right thing and there just hasn't been enough effort on their part to earn it back IMO for us as player not to question and judge their every move

I personally don't see it that way. I think we are largely judging each issue on its merits (or lack thereof). I think we would love to be able to praise the new crafting and say it's much better, we just can't because it's not. It's not because of some historical loss of trust. (I mean, it's not for me, at least.)

Edited by Estelindis

Keith = Ben

The Manager who keeps putting RNG gear as a good thing is not a player, but is only after his/her cash bonus from Cartel Market.

Again you lie "Play how you want" from Phase 3 PTS is not there. I would prefer not spend another two years after 6.0 goes live having fix all the problems that will be introduced, been there done that.