Petition to remove healing companions from the game

Kraysk

As title says.

The main issue of group content of this game are players.

Players that are used to be carried by their companions through all content from Korriban and Hutta to Ossus & Nathema.

Basically at this point if you have lvl 15 healing companion you cant die. Just can't.

And then such people eventually reach lvl 70 and come to group content, and they have no idea how to use their meditation not to mention DCD's.

And of course they die alot. But that's the lesser issue.

The greater issue is that such players ruin the gaming experience of others, making it very undesirable to queue group content at all.

TL:DR please remove healing companions from the game completely and then nerf DPS and tank companions to the level when people will actually learn to play through their class stories, not learn how to be carried by overpowered lvl 12 Vette.

Also NOT signed. OP, maybe you shouldn't do random groups for content that requires specific roles such as a tank or healer and group with trusted in-game "friends" or people from your guild; organised groups do not have this problem, so you might want to organise a group rather than use the finder. People not knowing their roles for higher/harder group content is an issue in many games not just swtor - get round it by avoiding it.

As for healing companions being overpowered? Go play the 6.0 PTS with your level 12 influence healer and see how long you last. Companion healing in 6.0 if it doesn't change will make staying alive while levelling/soloing more of a challenge. There is a dev update about this in the PTS forums if you want evidence.

Not signed.

Not everyone in the game even want to play group content, and having a healer companion is their way to play solo. Granted, there are some really bad players using GF these days, but as previous poster said, the solution is to make your own group. Because no matter how much we want people to learn to play, we can't force it. They either want to get good or they don't, and there's nothing anyone else can do about it.

Granted, there are some really bad players using GF these days

A brief look through a thread coyly titled "The weird people you meet in Group Finder" will reveal that there were *always* really bad players using GF.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=633655

For information: I, too, vote against this petition. There's a separate debate about whether companions are currently *too* strong, but that's a separate debate, one that I won't explore here.

Companions are so overpowered, especially the healing ones. I would support nerfing them but not removing them completely. I have a toon for every advanced class just for the fun of it. When playing a class that I really don't have a clue about I will put my companion on heals. I will play solo or with a good friend and we will be doing the easiest content like running dailies. Will I queue for a random group? Absolutely not because it isn't fair to the other players. Unless I can carry my own weight I will not play with a random group, especially in Operations or Master Mode Flashpoints. And I will try to be decently geared even if there is bolster.

I like my companions more than I like other players. If companions are nerfed to the point that I'm forced to associate with toxic jerks for the sake of getting through content as quickly as I can now, then I'll simply quit playing.

The companions do everything my way. They don't run around screwing up my system. They don't go AFK in the middle of fights. They aren't paying more attention to the **** on their second monitor than the health of the group.

Companions make the game playable.

Edited by MorseGod

Not signed. Hands off my play style.

+1

More to the point getting sick to death of players and there petitions and demands. How about I start a petition to have all group content removed? To me it's group players and there demands that are the issue and spoil it for everyone else, level sync, server merge, just two things done because of group players.

So how about it, start my own petition? No? Well then, how about you OP stop trying to control everyone's else's game play!

Edited by DreadtechSavant

The greater issue is that such players ruin the gaming experience of others, making it very undesirable to queue group content at all.

The real issue for you is above. It is not about healing companion in the game. You are making a BIG assumption that healing companion make ppl not learn their class ability and hence play 'badly'.

Removing healing companion don't make people play better for example there are still char booster token that allow ppl to create char at level 60, 65 or 70 straight out of the box without any experience of the class ability through leveling.

Char boost are worst culprit in that sense. I am surprise you don't petition for char boost to be removed from the game instead first.

As title says.

Players that are used to be carried by their companions through all content from Korriban and Hutta to Ossus & Nathema.

Basically at this point if you have lvl 15 healing companion you cant die. Just can't.

And then such people eventually reach lvl 70 and come to group content, and they have no idea how to use their meditation not to mention DCD's.

TL:DR please remove healing companions from the game completely and then nerf DPS and tank companions to the level when people will actually learn to play through their class stories, not learn how to be carried by overpowered lvl 12 Vette.

even with a level 20 companion in heal stance, you can still die if the group you are pulling is large enough and has enough strong and champion level enemies in the mix, plus your companion has been temporarily cc'ed and ability disabled. don't fool yourself into thinking you are immune because you aren't even close.

with that said, different strokes for different folks in the end, so removing healing stance will take away from those additional tactics you can use and i certainly won't deny myself the chance to switch over if one tactic isn't working where another can.

you are on your own.

Absolutely not signed.

If players in group are that bad, how about you, and others like you, teach them, or is that asking too much?

Leave the companions alone, they're fine as they are, they're the only thing keeping me playing this game while i wait for the next scrap of story, mainly because they do a good job and i don't need to spend time recuperating after every trash fight, done that before, not really interested in it now, i'm just here to have fun playing the story, waiting for what comes next (and hoping that it's highly replayable like Vanilla instead of just repeatable like kotfe+kotet).

Again, leave the companions alone.

As title says.

TL:DR please remove healing companions from the game completely and then nerf DPS and tank companions to the level when people will actually learn to play through their class stories, not learn how to be carried by

overpowered lvl 12 Vette.

Simple response H*** No, advanced answer "Only if you pay for my gaming activities on SWtOR. That's 4 subs for my house hold about $100 for internet and I'll give you a break on the electricity bill $50. You pay me $210 a month I'll start playing your "way" until then I'll play "MY Way" like I have been doing from Beta, Early Access, Launch and the last 8 years or so.

I advice worry about your own gaming habits before you push your logic onto my lawn, It is unneeded and completed and unwanted.

No, that won't solve anything.

I do solo content and group content and like being the healer for harder group content, and still say this is a very bad idea.

There is already an option for players to make their companions passive, dps, or tank instead of heals. A player who wants to get better and learn their class properly can already do so.

Heal comps are also needed for some solo activities. Unless you think MM chapters can be done with all classes and specs without a heal comp.

As title says.

You're an entitled one, aren't you? I do group content far more difficult than your GF 'elite' content and only run story on a few select characters... I bet you're a healer who hates people running ahead of you and chain pulling in some flashpoint or SM op, lol, I imagine it happening on NiM/MM would do your head in. Get good and don't expect any sympathy here. You don't like the fact you can be replaced by a companion- do content in which people can't. But don't go after the story players who simply want to play their SW stories, many of them wouldn't queue for anything so they can't exactly ruin your GF fun.

I like my companions more than I like other players. If companions are nerfed to the point that I'm forced to associate with toxic jerks for the sake of getting through content as quickly as I can now, then I'll simply quit playing.

The companions do everything my way. They don't run around screwing up my system. They don't go AFK in the middle of fights. They aren't paying more attention to the **** on their second monitor than the health of the group.

Companions make the game playable.

lol, i'd like to agree, but some of mine seem to go wandering around forgetting what they are doing, now it could be cause i've dressed them in frilly undies, especially qyxen, he might be upset over that.....still, saying that, they are still better then some of the players i've met here and in game...lol

Edited by DarkGruffalo

As title says.

How about a petition to remove fruitcake petitions on the forums ?

No, sorry.

The only petition i would sign for companions is that they should be removed from any pvp aspects. The second you engage in combat with another player, companions should either despawn or become perma-stunned for the duration. Spec doesnt matter, they have no place in any pvp activity.

+1

More to the point getting sick to death of players and there petitions and demands. How about I start a petition to have all group content removed? To me it's group players and there demands that are the issue and spoil it for everyone else, level sync, server merge, just two things done because of group players.

So how about it, start my own petition? No? Well then, how about you OP stop trying to control everyone's else's game play!

I vote that they remove nim mode from the game. Too much effort goes into keeping less than 1% of the population happy.