EricMusco

It is, indeed, on the Fleet. Look into the bay with the SH vendors, and it will be on the pair to the extreme right, on the right of the pair. (Look above the terminals for the one that spells out "RISHI" in Aurebesh.)

I tried checking again and there is nothing there for Rishi SH in my game.

looking into the bay with the SH directories from left to right i see Nar Shaddaa - Manaan - Dromund Kaas - Yavin4 -Tatooine. I just whispered someone in game. They told me they were standing in front of the Rishi SH directoy but for me the game shows a potted plant instead of the directory. Why my install is bugged i have no idea but its not worth my time to mess with it anymore.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I play with the hooks and decorating the more I'm warming to the SH. I still think there are things that could be improved upon to increase the over all appeal for the decorator who isn't interested in PvP. The lighting suggestion someone else brought up would go a long way, I think.

Also, I finally got to crafting some of the MK 4s and some of those walls, while designed with PvP in mind, are absolutely fantastic! If they could fit on a broader variety of hooks, and the hooks had a larger movement radius some of those walls could go a long way in making the stronghold more visually appealing to those who don't care for the slum look. Seriously, the Sith Sculpture Wall and the Stone Wall are to die for! Make those more flexible and put hooks in for people to cover up the grunge with them. Consider having that vendor sell decos that can be specifically used for the purpose of covering up the junk piles. You have the vendor, you can put the hooks in, the decos are purchasable via prefabs. Just expeand the list, add hooks over the junk and it opens up a lot of possibilities!

I don't know why people were expecting white sandy beaches. Rishi has black sand. If you arrive on Rishi with Vector he has lines talking about the black sand of Rishi. Half of the "dirt" is just black sand. That being said, change the lighting to a brighter tone and it will dramatically improve the dinginess.

Edited by DuchessKristania

Here are some screen shots of the junk/trash areas that everyone is talking about. I hope this shows what some would like changed in some way.

https://imgur.com/a/xBZapRj

This other shows why you need to make the hook large and up higher. That is a wall plant and that is as high as I can get and it still touches the floor.

https://imgur.com/a/TWsO23c

One problem with using the largest hook possible (centerpiece/starship) when you break those down to large you don't have the small hooks on top of those like you do with the regular large hooks. Some of us would like the small hooks on top of the large, even the centerpiece/starship so we can put something next to the first decoration. I.E. The cantina bar you can loot on the Copera flashpoint. It requires a centerpiece hook but you can't put personnel around the bar and that creates a problem. That needs to be changed so those using that decoration can do that should they wish. That is just one example. Some of the "computers/etc" require large hooks and if I want to put a chair and personal there I can except when I convert a centerpiece/starship hook into a large hook because those don't have the small hooks.

I absolutely agree with you 100% and have encountered the same frustrations you have in dealing with this problematic hook tile system. When designing strongholds the Devs should have done away with tiles in favor of a more efficient snap-to-grid system instead, but I doubt there will be any major re-design overhaul at this point.

The best solution I can think of is for the Devs to include a large variety of new templates to add to our Layout options. More diverse configurations like Centerpiece hooks that include a variety of Medium, Small and Medium-Narrow. Large hooks that include different variations of Medium, Small and Medium-Narrow. Providing a broader range of template options would be a tremendous help for decorators in dealing with these frustrating hook limitations.

Ideally I would love to see a new feature that enabled players to create and save their own Custom hook layouts. That would be nice.

Overall, I think this stronghold is interesting. I have 6 suggestions.

1. Put hooks inside the Centerpiece hook.

2. Add Medium floor hooks next to wall in all rooms.

3. Change the “Wall” decos into decos that can fit on to medium narrow hooks. Keep the height. Split the deco into sections.

4. Add large hooks to room walls that have medium wall hooks.

5. Make the trash piles decos and give them away with the stronghold. This way the players that want them can use them and the ones that do not like litter don’t have to see it.

6. Don’t dismount or dismiss companions until the gates in the PVP area have been shut.

I absolutely agree with you 100% and have encountered the same frustrations you have in dealing with this problematic hook tile system. When designing strongholds the Devs should have done away with tiles in favor of a more efficient snap-to-grid system instead, but I doubt there will be any major re-design overhaul at this point.

The best solution I can think of is for the Devs to include a large variety of new templates to add to our Layout options. More diverse configurations like Centerpiece hooks that include a variety of Medium, Small and Medium-Narrow. Large hooks that include different variations of Medium, Small and Medium-Narrow. Providing a broader range of template options would be a tremendous help for decorators in dealing with these frustrating hook limitations.

Ideally I would love to see a new feature that enabled players to create and save their own Custom hook layouts. That would be nice.

^ this

Okay, I managed to finally copy a toon to the PTR just so I could have a nose around the new Rishi stronghold...

I have to say, and I'm laying all my cards on the table here, not impressed. Okay, I'm not a PvP'er, but I respect those who are, and I'm glad you guys are finally feeling the love. But as a non-PvPer, here's my feedback.

Zoning in.. okay, fine. When we first land on Rishi in SoR, we arrive to what? A shanty town... slum... Okay, it's not Coruscant Heights, but it's not too bad. Bear in mind I'm talking about Raider's Cove.

The stronghold.... oh dear god... too much junk. Way too much. Dumb it down by at least 80%, put hooks where it was and make the trash piles an easy-to-craft prefab. If people want the trash, they can place it on hooks, if people don't, then they can put what they want there.

GET. RID. OF. THE. FLIES.

Forced PvP as soon as you step foot off the landing bay. Nope. Not fun. Again, as people have mentioned, let us toggle it in our own strongholds that we are paying cartel coins or hard earned credits for. I get ninja-attacked by my cat as soon as I get home from RL work, I don't want the same as soon as I zone into my Rishi stronghold.

So may people above me have posted about hooks, and aesthetics, ambience... and I agree with a lot of them. But for me, this is not a Rishi Stronghold. Rishi is a gorgeous, tropical world full of waterfalls, greenery and laid-back bird people who take each day as it comes.

This is a Pirates Cove stronghold, not a Rishi Strnghold,

Edited by tuulem

As I said earlier, I am fine with the look of the SH as it is. But for those who would prefer more of the relaxed tropical beaches of Rishi, would there be any way to get rid of the exhaustion zone and let us travel to and decorate the eastern shore? :confused:

After downloading the PTS and checking out the stronghold for myself, I have nothing new to add to what others have already said, but I'm going to reiterate it for emphasis.

It is a huge, gloomy stronghold. It is a cool space with lots of variety, but I'm at a complete loss as to how to decorate it. Even with my fairly expansive decoration collection completely available to me, I feel like I have hardly anything that fits. As it stands, I might go ahead and buy at least the initial unlock, but I'm very lukewarm about even that.

So, random things that I would change if I could:

-Brighten the lighting so it isn't so gloomy. Reduce the pollution haze on the water while you are at it.

-Add a lot more hooks! Some places are packed with them, and others have hardly any. More floor hooks. More wall hooks. More ceiling hooks. There need to be hooks close to walls and in the centers of rooms. They need to come in clusters.

--On the subject of hooks... strongholds are overdue for an overhaul. One of the best things you could do to improve the whole system (short of replacing the hook system entirely) is to make more hook layouts. The bigger the hook, the greater the need for smaller hooks overlapping it. All of the strongholds would benefit from this.

-Make a toggle for the pvp areas. It is seriously irritating to get dumped off of my speeder and have my companion dismissed while I'm simply trying to move around my stronghold.

-Don't tease me with areas I can see but cant get to. It's a design decision I simply don't agree with. If I can see it and it looks like it should be part of my stronghold, I shouldn't die trying to get there. If the future, either don't add fake areas like that, or put up obvious barriers. Same with the fake doors. Just don't. Either have those doors lead someplace, or just use walls.

Edited by Damask_Rose

I was thinking, it would be nice if a ramp was made at the point of entry deck to the right, which is the direction where the beach lies (if you're facing the town), that way people who wish to forgo the pvp/town area and go straight for the beach, could just go down that ramp and head for the beach. As it stands, to avoid town, I have to jump off the deck into the water and lose 1/3+ of my life.

In addition, I think it's important to eliminate most or all of the trash heaps and replace it with hooks and provide trash deco on Felusia for a cheap price, for those who desire trash. Static decos suck because they may not be what a person wants in that place.

Also, turning off the pvp features like on a toggle, would be great too, like others said I don't appreciate being kicked off my speeder or my companion sent away and large red warnings flashing in my face.

And ultimately, there is a great need to have small hooks on the centerpiece and massive structure squares, so that personnel and smaller decos can be added to customize a large decoration. Carpet hooks on the gross planks would be nice as well, and increasing the deco slider up from 20 to 30 or more, would also be great.

If these things were implemented I could make the SH work for my needs, and it would be appreciated.

Edited by Lunafox

I was wondering if any of the people who, like myself, enjoy making strongholds into homes would like to go through each other's strongholds on the PTS? I have been experimenting a lot with decos and hooks and it really has helped me to see where small changes could be implemented to make it a better fit for those who want a less slummy feel. Would there be any interest in getting together on the PTS and walking through the SH and bouncing ideas off around?

The more rational and realistic feedback we can give, the better the chances that some of it will be implemented.

Edited by DuchessKristania

Now that I have some time, I thought I'd I offer my perspective as both a PvPer and avid Stronghold decorator (yes, you can like both lol).

Overall I have to say I am very impressed with this Stronghold, it far exceeded my expectations. It's not perfect but it is so much better then what I was expecting. It captures the feel of Rishi perfectly!

Hideout

This area is overall quite nice, the beach is nice, the island is cute but needs more hooks.

A couple things though. First of all, Waterfalls. Where are the waterfalls? We need waterfalls!!!

Secondly, I'd like to see a platform/ramp thing in front of the PvP area so folks don't have to walk through the PvP area (pictured in the link below).

https://imgur.com/kopO7gb

Cove Expansion

It certainly has that shanty town feel and I like it but I would also like to see a building added (as others have asked also) that is exactly like the Cantina in Rishi Cove. A more clean-cut building in the shanty town would be nice :)

Oh, and you could add some waterfalls in this area too. :D

Patrol Carrier

This was a very unexpected and welcome surprise and I love it! Love the rooms and the Sky Deck, though would it hurt to get rid of some of the trash piles? I don't mind the Hideout/Cove area looking a little dirty but my ship? Yeah no, that's got to be clean! :)

PvP Area - Patrol Carrier

I really love what you guys have come up with for this space! A scoreboard with huttball and deathmatch modes? Very impressive and unprecedented (even if it is currently a little buggy).

Now about hook placement. I understand why the hook layout is limited for the Arena layout but could y'all add some more hooks? Like you can add more hooks and not have them get in the way of the Training Area deco. This would give us a lot more customisability with the area. Oh and if you guys end up making more decos similar to the training area one it wouldn't hurt to have more hooks anyway (to take into account different ramp/platform configurations). :)

The biggest downside by far with this area is the lack of a spectator area. A simple solution would be to remove the security fence in the north part behind the scoreboard (pictured in the link below) and replace it with a forcefield (like the pinkish ones in the Hideout PvP area).

https://imgur.com/GSmCy0a

PvP Area - Hideout

Overall this a nice area great for smaller scale combat and there's plenty of hooks which is nice. My only issue is the lack of hooks in the spectator area particularly in the area indicated in the image below. I mean we want our spectators to be able to sit down and enjoy the show, right?

https://imgur.com/cWE3VIk

Lighting

Someone suggested changing the lighting, I think that's a great idea! I personally prefer Rishi with a daytime lighting with blue sky and such. I really think this Stronghold would look considerably better with a daytime lighting!

Again I am quite impressed with this Stronghold. Just a bit of tinkering here and there (and adding some waterfalls of course!) would help immensely. :) It certainly has a lot of potential and I'm very much looking forward to playing around with decorations and such.

Oh and y'all need to sort out mounting in the PvP areas. It's quite inconsistent as quite a few others have noted. Realistically we shouldn't be able to mount in these areas at all and yet we can. Probably not a good thing for Huttball... :)

I was really looking forward to this one... but now that I see it, in its current state, nope.

I really don't get how all the feedback for an actual nice looking stronghold could have been missed? It's dark and dingy.

What i'd like to see

- Brighter. Switch to day from evening.

- Nice Beach. We got this little dark beach. C'mon, you make a SH on a beautiful tropical world and you skimp on the beach?

- More environmental ambiance. Waterfalls, palms etc. I'm perfectly happy with the wooden platforms and such, but you got to put the thing actually somewhere nice

This far on, honestly I think the first option to switch to day is the only one that could realistically happen before release though. This would probably be enough for me to buy at least part of it, though I'd be stunned if they actually did even that.

For me, personally, the lack of a way to toggle off the PvP stuff is a deal breaker.

I can't see myself ever using the 'town' part of this SH because there is absolutely nothing there I find usable or appealing. I have no desire to spend a lot of time and credits hiding all the squalor for three small rooms that aren't connected into any type of house-like building..

I like the little beach and little Speedy but I will not walk through a PvP area to get there.

I do like the ship a lot, and if I could buy the ship separately, I would. But I also don't want to pay a lot to unlock the skybridge if I can't actually use all of it, so if there's no way to toggle off the PvP that is a no-go too.

If you do nothing else, please allow players to toggle off all of the PvP aspects. It's giving players a choice and it will never affect those who WANT to use this for PvP.

Someone suggested changing the lighting, I think that's a great idea! I personally prefer Rishi with a daytime lighting with blue sky and such. I really think this Stronghold would look considerably better with a daytime lighting!

I adore the beautiful sunset evening light. It's one of my favourite things about the whole stronghold. I hope it isn't changed.

I've got to take a moment to thank

and
for three amazing videos of the Stronghold - the amount of work you have all put into your videos is simply astonishing!!! A very sincere THANK YOU, to all three of you, for these. Dulfy has the expected detail we've all come to expect (and appreciate), SWTOR Central has the more abbreviated bullet point version, and Swtorista has the pleasantly voiced and detailed version.

I've got to say, as a member of an active guild that enjoys doing guild events, this Stronghold is simply AMAZING! I can't wait for it to go live. It will certainly be the best addition to the game for guilds since the addition of the ship. Well done Devs!!!

I was thinking, it would be nice if a ramp was made at the point of entry deck to the right, which is the direction where the beach lies (if you're facing the town), that way people who wish to forgo the pvp/town area and go straight for the beach, could just go down that ramp and head for the beach. As it stands, to avoid town, I have to jump off the deck into the water and lose 1/3+ of my life.

How about two of those jumping points like those piles of rocks in the Odessean wilds chapter? That could be fun. One for jumping down, and one on the platform for jumping back up.

Edited by xmarcusprimex

Hey folks,

Please use this thread to post your feedback on the new Rishi Stronghold.

(... snip ...)

Please be as specific as possible in your feedback. Thanks!

-eric

As a PvPer and someone who likes to decorate my Strongholds, I have feedback from both perspectives.

I feel like this is a 60% execution of a really great concept (even though I don't like Pirates as a meta, I can still appreciate the thought put into this). I looooooooooooooooooooooove the healing training dummy; this has been needed for years and I am so glad to finally see it happening. In fact, this may be the best thing introduced into the game by the creation of this stronghold. I am looking forward to purchaseable/craftable reskins of the PvP areas like the huttball one currently available. There is so much potential here! I am completely on board with supporting the upgrading and beefing-up of this stronghold concept.

To that end, here are my lists of changes.

My must-fix list of changes/upgrades:

• Double the number of hooks, and make most of the hooks larger if the space supports it (in accordance with JediBoadicea's post)
  • Remove majority of non-moveable junk piled everywhere in the town and on the ship, and replace with decoration hooks so we can put our own junk down there instead.
  • Add walking paths around each PvP area 1. Add a ramp from landing platform down to the next platform (see this post w/image), and then open the sewer grate when that section is unlocked. 2. Add an elevator in the piloting room of the ship that goes up to that end of the skydeck.
  • Add a toggle to turn off PvP features of the stronghold, where you can drive through the PvP areas without being dismounted, without your companion being put away, and without everyone being red/flagged while inside while the doors are unlocked
  • The fake doors inside the Team PvP area on the ground should just be open all the time. The two on the left should lead into one-room houses that are connected so you can walk in one door and walk out the other (with decoration hooks), and the one on the right should just be an open door leading into a room. All with decoration hooks. This will make it more like the tatooine canyon arena which would be amazing.
  • Healing training dummy needs a mechanism to exit combat with one click so your parse doesn't tick down while waiting eternity to exit combat
  • Team PvP area on the ground's console needs a selection list so people know what they're clicking on (even if the list has only one option in it). Current design is confusing and bad; an inconsistent UI design.
  • Bolsterizers need to be added to: 1. training dummy room, 2. Both sides of the town Team PvP area, 3. Both sides of the skydeck PvP area. OR you can just straight-up make this a bolstered stronghold (I tend to prefer the bolsterizer solution though).
  • Warzone medpacks and adrenals need to be useable in the PvP areas. This has been a major oversight of OWPvP since the dawn of time in this game. (NOTE: PvE adrenals should be disabled as per the norm in warzones)
  • Add Warzone vendor droids to both PvP areas (that sell medpacks, adrenals, etc).

My list of things that might be issues, but not sure:

• Consider that anyone walking into any Rishi Stronghold can toggle the PvP door lock on or off without keys or anything, even if its not their SH - this will lead to people zoning into someone's public stronghold and hiding in wait for them and then ganking them when they walk thru - consider whether or not this is the intended use because I guarantee it will be used like this (and non-PvPers are not going to like this)
  • I can respec in the middle of a locked PvP area. We can't do this in warzones. Is this a problem?
  • I can set my phase walk outside of the PvP area, go inside, lock the PvP area, and then phase-walk back outside of it while it's still locked. Don't know if this matters.
  • I can set my phase walk on the spawn platform and teleport up to it when in range, even if the spawn gates are locked.
  • What happens if you queue for PvP, zone out in a PvP area, and then zone back in after the warzone to a locked PvP area with an active match going on?
  • You can go in and out of your team's spawn gates whenever they are open.
  • Either the gates need to be a bubble around the platforms or there needs to be a bigger piece of deck on the inside of the spawn gates. Because the gates aren't rendering for me, I can't tell when they're open, so I have to jump down and stand on that tiny lip of deck pushing forward until they let me through.

My wishlist of changes/upgrades:

• Add a helm to the ship so you can fly it around like a guild ship (if you don't want to allow it to be taken into space, at least allow the owner to select any of the quick travel points on Rishi to fly it to at a minimum)
  • Add a hangar bay to the bottom of the ship (via the elevator mechanism) that has at least 3 starship hooks and ton of other hooks, with at least one side room that is an office with a huge window into the cargo bay where inventory would be tracked
  • No doors are fake - make them all unlockable, decorateable houses and rooms.
  • Captain's Quarters should be a suite with at least 2-3 rooms inside the door and at least one window
  • Add a sewer level to town (like in Raider's Cove).
  • Each unlockable doorway in town leads into a house with 1 ground level and 1-2 upper levels, each with balconies you can walk out onto, and a ramp/stairs/elevator from the top floor to the roof, where you can sit on the roof, sipping your tea, and people-watch. All of this with deco hooks
  • The rear-area viewing platform of the ground-level Team PvP area - those doors should open into a copy/paste of the Raider's Cove cantina, with all 3 levels, all decoratable
  • Do something more with Torque's room on the ship - this seems like the most needlessly copy/pasted of the copy/paste content in this SH yet with no purpose because it's a SH not a raid. Maybe add two permanent consoles that spawn fix-it droids from the tubes like in the boss fight that just wander around all goofy-like and are yellow, so you can kill them, or not.
  • Add a mechanism to "sneak" under the floorboards of the ship like we see in the KotFE chapters and Han do in the original trilogy. Feel free to copy/paste and reskin the underbelly of the eternal fleet ships that we run around in during the later KotFE chapters. With decoration hooks of course.
  • Need a waterfall tropical grotto location somewhere that is decoratable
  • Add a viewing platform that floats above the Skydeck PvP area that you can watch matches from

That's all for now! I will be testing the new decorations later today, and hopefully will get to do some team PvP in the next few days, so more feedback will be forthcoming, perhaps.

Other random PTS observations:

• I saw a lot of cool new beach-themed decorations!
  • I discovered that the casino disco floor can now be granted to a guild! Yay disco floors on the guild ship!
  • I noticed the cooldown text section of preferences is messed up right now but appears to be undergoing some upgrades.
  • I did hear the growling on fleet, and supposedly it is coming from the Martial Decorations vendor.

Edited by Citrienne

On the Top level of the ship, the spawn platform could be readjusted (extended) so that when the gates open people do not get stuck on the platform below. I jumped off and landed awkwardly and fell to my death.

An option to move additional healing targets around rather than spawning them around the main target would be useful. I am recommending because it if you know how to set up for a specific boss, you can get the best feel for the output you can produce.

I borrowed some images from Dulfy to highlight some things I've found off and didn't make sense to me.

Sanctuary load in area is a landing pad, right? I mean how else would we get here? I appreciate the center piece hook, however wouldn't a star ship hook be more appropriate?

https://imgur.com/9abJPSJ

Also, there are so many Fake Rooms. In the starting area alone are 5. Open them up so we can use them.

https://imgur.com/48riyev

Edited by TonyTricicolo

I borrowed some images from Dulfy to highlight some things I've found off and didn't make sense to me.

Sanctuary load in area is a landing pad, right? I mean how else would we get here? I appreciate the center piece hook, however wouldn't a star ship hook be more appropriate?

https://imgur.com/9abJPSJ

Also there are so many Fake Rooms. In the starting area alone are 5. Open them up so we can use them.

https://imgur.com/48riyev

I think if they opened at least some of them up, it would be more pleasing to decorators. Thanks for making that suggestion. :)

How about two of those jumping points like those piles of rocks in the Odessean wilds chapter? That could be fun. One for jumping down, and one on the platform for jumping back up.

Sure, that would work. I'd just like a way down to the beach that's not costing my half my life, and I think it would be a nice touch, to be able to avoid the town when we wish to.

Two other simple alternatives to the jumping points could be:

magnetic points (a la rakghoul tunnels) between the landing platform and the corner barricade at the top of the ramp that leads to the beach

a speeder to the beach on the same switch as the ship and cove transport (or on another pole close by).

There would then be three options to avoid the first PvP area:

speeder to the cove (already in place)

transport to the ship (already in place)

jumping point or speeder to the beach.

Would this satisfy the concerns of the people wanting to avoid the initial team PvP area?

Two other simple alternatives to the jumping points could be:

magnetic points (a la rakghoul tunnels) between the landing platform and the corner barricade at the top of the ramp that leads to the beach

a speeder to the beach on the same switch as the ship and cove transport (or on another pole close by).

There would then be three options to avoid the first PvP area:

speeder to the cove (already in place)

transport to the ship (already in place)

jumping point or speeder to the beach.

Would this satisfy the concerns of the people wanting to avoid the initial team PvP area?

Yes and no, personally. It would mean I could actually visit other people's strongholds. Right now I can't do that because I just can't walk through a PvP area or be in a stronghold where one can be flagged for it.

But it would still mean that someone would have a huge dead area that couldn't be decorated and would have to be tiptoed around.

Whereas just adding a box to check off or a toggle switch somewhere - usable ONLY by the stronghold owner or people they designate - would mean that they could disable PvP entirely and use that space for whatever they want without running into the flag/companion issue.

Also this doesn't address the ship PvP area. It's true you don't have to walk through it and it's not in the way, as the first PvP area is - but then we come back to the point that if one unlocks an area one shouldn't have to stay out of part of it because it will take away the companion and set a PvP flag.