EricMusco

Junk Piles are gone. On the sky deck you can use a speeder to get across the other side if you don't want to go through the pvp zone there.

Just one complaint---Yea again--Fix the hooks in the sun room pretty please so I can use the hanging plants unless you want to add large hooks.

Nice hooks Eric but we need a way to access the hooks here:

https://imgur.com/a/Q820SAW

Edited by casirabit

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's great that they have listened on so many things - but I do hope they are planning to add a way to turn off PvP before this goes live. For me personally, they could add the cantina building to the stronghold but if there's no way to disable PvP it still won't matter.

Without a way to disable PvP - even if there's a way to go around the areas - it still means that:

1. There are big areas of dead space you can't use in the SH

2. You can't list it publicly or have people you don't know very well come to visit, because the PvP aspects of the stronghold can still be used to grief others

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

The removal of the debris is great. The speeders glow blue now. I thought the speeders to get around within the Rishi Stronghold not glowing blue was a change (for the better), but I guess it was a bug. Bummer.

I think you've done something to that annoying PvP area we have to go through to get to the entrance of the Cove and the beach. When entering that PvP area after today's patch my character wasn't dismounted entering and while in that PvP area. However, my character was dismounted when entering the Sanctuary zone in that area (the stage). Same thing happened when going from the Landing Zone to the Cove entrance or to the beach. I could mount and dismount in that PvP area, but my character was dismounted when leaving that PvP area. My companion being dismissed when entering that PvP area, and then re-appearing after leaving that PvP area is the same.

I appreciate the effort, but that initial PvP area is still very annoying. Would it be possible to set the area to flag for PvP when the gates are closed, instead of every time someone enters the area?

Personal mounts can no longer be used on the Skydeck at all. Not in the arena, and not on the rest of the deck. That's a lot of traveling to do without a mount outside of the PvP arena (where I wouldn't expect players to be able to use mounts). I don't know if this is a bug or working as intended.

The increased number of hooks in and around the beach area and islet are great!

Not having a bunch of faux doors in the Cove (Shanty Town) is an improvement. I think it would still be great to have access to more of the Cove's rooms and buildings, but I don't miss the fake doors.

I tried out the temporary ability to end combat when using the training dummies on a healing training dummy. It worked fine, no problems.

I appreciate that you are listening to players and doing this PTS session.

Edited by Nmyownworld

Now the only shock left will be sticker shock when we see the price.

Edit: Maybe (big fantasy here) those who logged into and purchased the SH on PTS receive a 10% discount on its purchase price when live?

1. I'm a bit surprised there's still zero hooks on the walls in the main area on the carrier that connects all the rooms, zero hooks on the ceiling in the quarters, and no windows in the quarters (I suppose windows would be a big geometry change).

2. From the zone-in point, there needs to be a walkway off the back of the pier so you're not jumping into the water to the get to the beach in an effort to avoid the PVP area. All you have to do make a rope bridge between the two piers that exist there now.

Edited by xordevoreaux

1. Definitely looks much better with all the junk gone. Also definitely way less confusing with all the random nonopenable doors gone.

2. The speeder at the front of the sky deck doesn't seem to work. Though they one at the back (where you come up) does work and takes you to the front.

3. The observation droids are pretty awesome. My one gripe about it, is that it makes the vision all cloudy with the blue overlay. You telling me in a galaxy as advanced as Star Wars they don't have UHD monitors? Actually maybe a second gripe. Though I didn't have decorations laid down, I can foresee noting being able to manure without being able to jump. This is just a possibility as I didn't actually get to test it.

4. I'd like to see a button that takes you directly to the Sky deck instead of having to go to the carrier then the sky deck.

5. Is it possible to get a bolsterizer in the room with a training dummy for the war zone dummy?

Edited by Ld-Siris

I've spent some time on the latest PTS patch and while I approve of the superfluous doors being removed I was hoping that instead they'd become doors to yet more rooms. As well, in the opening PVP zone, adding another set of rooms behind it would be perfect for anyone looking to make Rishi a home for their characters. It would be absolutely perfect for RP as well for the multitude of cantina setups that people wish to use.

The hooks are better as well in my opinion except for on the ship. If we could have some large hooks in the hallways to allow for people to create their own ruined ship designs for events it would be perfect. As well as the hidden cave on the beach, more hooks down there would be amazing for a lovely getaway.

In Short: More rooms and more hooks please!

2. From the zone-in point, there needs to be a walkway off the back of the pier so you're not jumping into the water to the get to the beach in an effort to avoid the PVP area. All you have to do make a rope bridge between the two piers that exist there now.

This is would be wonderful.

edited:

Whoa. Just saw this post by Eric Musco - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=951522

They are working on players being able to sort Strongholds, and to turn off PvP in the Rishi SH. Woot!

Edited by Nmyownworld

Well, to use Lunafox's label, I'm one little piggie who needs to find some trash pile decos to scatter around.

Get them now while they're cheap!

Oinks and Salutations! I'll be happy to mail you all of mine so you can cry wee wee wee all the way home. :p

Three major things that would make the Stronghold perfect (In my opinion).

1: Option to turn off/on PvP elements

While i appreciate that you can use the speeder to bypass the PvP areas it's still rather annoying that you get dismounted, the companion gets dismissed or gets summoned, the PvP text message showing up and the inability to use mounts. Having the option to turn the PvP aspects of the SH on or off, depending on your preference, would make it perfect. Also, only players who have a gold, silver or bronze key should be allowed to access the PvP terminals.

2: Centerpiece hooks for the small island

It's nice to see that the small island got new hooks, but it would be even better if the large hooks could be changed to centerpiece hooks. With that you can place a Rishi Hut and a Rishi Chieftain Hut on the island, which i think are the best locations for those kind of decorations. Reference picture: https://i.imgur.com/6hUmiGr.jpg

3: Removing those fly whirlwinds

At some spots these...err...stinking fly whirlwinds show up which not only look like they smell awful, but they could kill poor Speedy with their terrible stench. Removing them would be good for flauna and flora. Reference: https://i.imgur.com/11JXcLF.jpg

These are just opinion based, but i think these suggestions could make everyone happy, possibly.

Thanks. :)

Well, to use Lunafox's label, I'm one little piggie who needs to find some trash pile decos to scatter around.

Get them now while they're cheap!

Agreed. It's cool they were cleaned up for the people looking for something else (the Cove looks very different when there's grass instead of junk imo), but I'd like to place some piles of junk to some areas. That, or just place Jollos all around, maybe they're cleaning up everything the residents of my soon-to-be pirate town are throwing around. :rak_03:

Sincerely,

Another Pig (apparently)

Agreed. It's cool they were cleaned up for the people looking for something else (the Cove looks very different when there's grass instead of junk imo), but I'd like to place some piles of junk to some areas. That, or just place Jollos all around, maybe they're cleaning up everything the residents of my soon-to-be pirate town are throwing around. :rak_03:

Sincerely,

Another Pig (apparently)

Better hurry! If you're on star forge I've already bought the one existing deco of several different kinds of decos that were on the GTN. There's still some burning piles of speeders and things like that, wrecked this and that, on SF.

Edit: I'm finding most stuff under the technology category.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Three major things that would make the Stronghold perfect (In my opinion).

1: Option to turn off/on PvP elements

While i appreciate that you can use the speeder to bypass the PvP areas it's still rather annoying that you get dismounted, the companion gets dismissed or gets summoned, the PvP text message showing up and the inability to use mounts. Having the option to turn the PvP aspects of the SH on or off, depending on your preference, would make it perfect. Also, only players who have a gold, silver or bronze key should be allowed to access the PvP terminals.

2: Centerpiece hooks for the small island

It's nice to see that the small island got new hooks, but it would be even better if the large hooks could be changed to centerpiece hooks. With that you can place a Rishi Hut and a Rishi Chieftain Hut on the island, which i think are the best locations for those kind of decorations. Reference picture: https://i.imgur.com/6hUmiGr.jpg

3: Removing those fly whirlwinds

At some spots these...err...stinking fly whirlwinds show up which not only look like they smell awful, but they could kill poor Speedy with their terrible stench. Removing them would be good for flauna and flora. Reference: https://i.imgur.com/11JXcLF.jpg

These are just opinion based, but i think these suggestions could make everyone happy, possibly.

Thanks. :)

regarding pvp, read this post from Eric:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=951522

Regarding the keys I would say Gold and silver as there is normally 3 keys, Gold, Silver and Bronze. If you don't give someone a gold or silver key they get the bronze but if I recall the only way to get a gold key is to be part of a guild. I don't recall there being gold keys in a personal stronghold.

Edited by casirabit

Better hurry! If you're on star forge I've already bought the one existing deco of several different kinds of decos that were on the GTN. There's still some burning piles of speeders and things like that, wrecked this and that, on SF.

Edit: I'm finding most stuff under the technology category.

I know there is some debris and a broken turret, can't recall what the others are called but you better hurry as when people find out some want them prices will go up.

Nah, I'm on Darth Malgus. :p After that report, I'm somewhat scared to check the GTN and see what sort of things and price ranges we're talking about, haha. :D

Nah, I'm on Darth Malgus. :p After that report, I'm somewhat scared to check the GTN and see what sort of things and price ranges we're talking about, haha. :D

I find price/availability best on SF for most decorations, but Darth Malgus is best for companion prices (at least until recently when I was over there and bought a page worth of companions).

Oh nice, thanks. What do you think about my two other suggestions? :)

Centerpiece hooks would be nice but I also want floor coverings out there as if you looked at the decoration list they are adding beach towels and umbrellas but they take the floor covering hooks.

And dust bunnies around poor Speedy isn't nice. (lol)

I find price/availability best on SF for most decorations, but Darth Malgus is best for companion prices (at least until recently when I was over there and bought a page worth of companions).

...stop buying all our personnel! :D I'm going to need those too if I'm going to build a pirate town. And considering how bad I am at making credits vs. how good I am at spending them, it's probably gonna take a long while before I get my Rishi fully decorated... At least it's gonna be an interesting project. :p