EricMusco

DuchessKristania;9621638. Please, please consider giving it more viability for use outside of PvP. Even if you can't do something as involved as adding a better building to make a home (which would be the best solution) please consider removing most of the junk piles, adding more home friendly hooks to the inside of the buildings, and adding more hooks to the outdoor areas. There are ways it could be more appealing to the non PvPer if you just clean it up a bit. And for the love of all things Star Wars, get rid of the buzzing flies sound effect
!

This for me especially the junk. Look I know it is a "hideout" but the first thing my smuggler would do is ordered her people to get the junk out. The buildings okay but even those she would ordered cleaned and fixed up. I didn't expect a resort but the junk piles have to go. For those that want them then give them hooks to put them there. I was working on a garden area in the front (yea the pvp area lol) but the junk piles needs to go.

Edited by casirabit

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

!

This for me especially the junk. Look I know it is a "hideout" but the first thing my smuggler would do is ordered her people to get the junk out. The buildings okay but even those she would ordered cleaned and fixed up. I didn't expect a resort but the junk piles have to go. For those that want them then give them hooks to put them there. I was working on a garden area in the front (yea the pvp area lol) but the junk piles needs to go.

I'm going to try to create a vineyard type scenario. I'm trying to find ways to make it work for the non-pvper. There's no reason the stronghold can't have the pvp function and the non-pvp appeal.

I feel like my bounty hunter and smuggler spend their class stories working to make a lot of money so they never *have* to live in squalor like what we see in the stronghold.

I mentioned in another thread, reskinning the Revanite complex's buildings would have worked a lot better IMHO.

I really love Rishi. But this fortress is like a trash, with the exception of pleasant ideas such as the Beach with a cave, an island and a personal carier.

Please recycle the amount of garbage and dead doors in stronghold, give the opportunity to climb to the upper bridges, return to the sky Rishi Galactic nebula as in the location Village of Rishi.

And most importantly, regarding all the strongholds: PLEASE remove the limit of NPS for stronghold its realy not cool.

And sorry for my Eng))

I will admit that I was somewhat excited when I heard that Rishi was getting a stronghold, but what I'm seeing here is nothing but a disappointment for me. I feel that, as a stronghold, the Rishi Hideout misses the mark by a long shot.

It is my perception that all the people who praised Rishi when it came out with 3.0 didn't do so because of Raider's Cove, but because of the tropic wilderness, the hotsprings and the beautiful backdrops. Maybe it's just me, but when I heard "Rishi stronghold", I was thinking something along the lines of "tropic resort/retreat", not "pirate shantytown". I might have even gone with something similiar to the Mandalorian fortress that Shae Vizla and her people called home, but personally, I would never, ever, want to live in this scrapyard.

The overall feel of this stronghold, sans the patrol carrier, reminds me of someone getting a hold of a level editor from earlier generation RPGs and just went to town with it. It also doesn't help that it has too many structures lifted one for one from Raider's Cove, while the Patrol Carrier is obviously lifted from the Storm Carrier from Rise of the Hutt Cartel and Coratanni's ship from The Ravagers. In that regard, it just feels lazy. The biggest failure here in terms of theming and architecture, similiar to the Umbara Mobile Train and to a certain degree the Manaan Retreat, is that this does not even remotely feel like a locale I would want my characters to actually live in.

This stronghold is also too large for its own good, while also offering too many spaces with limited amounts of hooks. I'm still pretty mad that the Manaan Retreat looked bigger on the outside than it was on the inside. After going through it, I couldn't even really point to any specific rooms and say "I could see myself placing my bedroom in here". Disregarding the whole PVP aspect for a moment, I look at this thing from the perspective of player housing and have to wonder, "who is this aimed at?"

The carrier is definately the highlight of it all, but as mentioned, it suffers from suboptimal hook placement and a lack of hooks in corridors and on walls and ceilings. I could probably see myself actually decorating the carrier, but everything below it just seems completely undesirable to me, so much so that I would advise thinking about splitting these two portions into separate entities.

Overall, I will praise the intentions behind this stronghold and the whole custom PVP aspect is definately interesting (but definately requires some official way of making them accessible to the playerbase *other* than player-organized events), but as far as player housing goes, it is definately among the worst strongholds so far.

Been running through the stronghold this morning and I have a few more things I'd like to put out there. Could we get some hooks in front of the places where the railings on the bridges and walkways are broken? There are fence decos in the game and I for one would like the option to "repair" the broken sections by adding some of these fence decos. Also all the doors that open need to be marked on the map. This place is huge and it's easy to miss the real doors among all the fake door.

There's so much of this stronghold we're not able to explore. Why do you bother with all the wasted space? Please let us explore this place more. Also, replace all of the trash piles with hooks, or natural stuff. I'm having to use half my hooks to try and cover up trash heaps and make it look half decent. If you want there to be a trashy ambience make the decos and give players the choice to have it in there.

I have to say this again, because it's such a terrible let down, consider adding a more home friendly building. I want to love this stronghold, I really do, but there was so little thought and effort put into anything for people who don't want to PvP. I'm begging you, consider adding the cantina from Raider's Cove. A literal copy and paste would make the perfect house for this stronghold. I'd be happy to wait for improvements like that. I'm sure a lot of others would too.

Edited by DuchessKristania

Sun Room:

Add large wall hooks and make them go up. This can be a nice sun room with the the makeb decorations, and waterfalls but the waterfalls take large wall hooks.

Again: I will state get rid of 90% of the junk lying around. If you need help, I will send Corso to help.

Edited by casirabit

As someone who exclusively plays PvP, from what I've seen of the stronghold so far, I'm a big fan! Thanks to the dev team for all the hard work.

A feature request: would it be possible to add the healing dummies to your party? Most players select teammates through the ops or group frames and it's a real pain to tab to/click on the dummies directly.

Edited by rambolnet

I feel like my bounty hunter and smuggler spend their class stories working to make a lot of money so they never *have* to live in squalor like what we see in the stronghold.

Indeed. My Sith Inq main did not demand Robes of Gold and pilfer many valuable artifacts to live in a slum and neither did my warriors. Empresses need palaces not poverty!

What is this 'Ship" you all speak of? I couldn't find it (or how to access it). Even though the Rishi stronghold is not for me, I'd still like to see the ship part. If it's that nice, maybe they would consider a non-pvp version with the Ship the beach and re-skinned Rishi buildings and huts on a much smaller scale than this one for those of us who have been wanting a Rishi stronghold for years but have been nothing but disappointed in this one.

Indeed. My Sith Inq main did not demand Robes of Gold and pilfer many valuable artifacts to live in a slum and neither did my warriors. Empresses need palaces not poverty!

What is this 'Ship" you all speak of? I couldn't find it (or how to access it). Even though the Rishi stronghold is not for me, I'd still like to see the ship part. If it's that nice, maybe they would consider a non-pvp version with the Ship the beach and re-skinned Rishi buildings and huts on a much smaller scale than this one for those of us who have been wanting a Rishi stronghold for years but have been nothing but disappointed in this one.

When you first zone into the Rishi stronghold, turn around. There's a goldish-colored console at the end of the pier. It's an unlock. Click it, unlock it. It'll be replaced with a blue elevator switch, one of the options being the carrier ship.

Sun Room:

Add large wall hooks and make them go up. This can be a nice sun room with the the makeb decorations, and waterfalls but the waterfalls take large wall hooks.

Again: I will state get rid of 90% of the junk lying around. If you need help, I will send Corso to help.

Differing voice: I like the junk. Hopefully they'll only get rid of some of it and not destroy the hide-out effect. What good is a hide-out if it looks like the lawn is always manicured and the shingles on the roof recently replaced? Would kind of give the place away, wouldn't it?

Exactly. And I can't think that any of the pirates or ex-pirates we meet in the story (Vette, Risha, Andronikos, and others) would be falling over themselves to live there either. Kai Zykken's lair is rather tidy.

There's a ship you can access from one of the dock/platform areas. It has a huge skydeck with another dratted PvP area, but the main level has three rooms, a larger reactor room, a training room with a practice dummy and a big bridge and entrance. It's smaller than a guild ship but larger than our personal ships. You can see the clouds go by through the windows.

It's a decent looking ship and while I think some of the hook placements there could be better, it's very nice.

Also, unlike the main stronghold, the PvP area on the ship IS avoidable. You don't have to walk through it to get to the rest of the ship so you don't get those upsetting "you are in a PvP zone" messages or lose your companions. You can totally avoid going anywhere near it.

Dulfy and Swortourista both have walkthroughs of the ship on their walkthroughs of the stronghold. I don't know if it's acceptable to link them here, I'm sorry, but it's on their websites.

If they took away the PvP area on the skybridge and just offered the ship as its own stronghold with a little beach/dock area, I would buy it in an instant.

Some feedback:

1: PvP seems rather forced upon the players so an option to enable/disable certain PvP aspects would be good. I.e. disabling the yard so that the PvP message won't show up and you won't get unmounted/dismiss companion.

2: The nature aspects are severly lacking, hoped for more beaches, palms and plant life.

3: Hook placements are also an issue. The small island at the front has too few hooks, it would be nice to be able to place several Rishi Hut's there, since it's the only place that feels like you're on a tropical island. There's a lot of unused space near the stronghold, where the shipwrecks etc. are. The beaches are huge and could be used for starship hooks.

Seeing as this stronghold is designed with pvpers in mind, do you bioware people think you could make one for designer/decorator people?

The stronghold I was looking forward to had many nice waterfalls, ponds/lake, beach area, with the stronghold set back into the rocks maybe a bit like Tatooine, with some straw huts near the beach area. And there needs to be A LOT of nice beach area.

There are many scenic areas on Rishi, and yet you choose the slummiest, grungiest most filthy portion of the world for a stronghold.

I can't relate to you the level of my disappointment in this stronghold. I wanted a Rishi stronghold for years but didn't want the filth pit you gave us. The turtle is the only cool part.

Please make a beautiful, large stronghold in a scenic part of Rishi for your decorators. We are after all the ones buying all the packages of decorations to decorate with. Give us something worthwhile that is something we can enjoy and be proud of.

A series of fugly ramps and useless platforms and crappy pvp areas are not what I was hoping for. :(

Edited by Lunafox

Feedback about the Sky Deck:

- Make warzone medpacks available when being in a deathmatch and-or huttball.

- When dying in a pvp area, get it that your character spawns outside of it. Rather than all the way back in the start.

- Also found a few bugs which i'll report in the PTS Bug Forum.

It seems like there are two very distinct camps here:

1. PvP fans who are very happy because this will give them the space they want.

2. Stronghold fans, non-PvPers, who are extremely disappointed this doesn't give them anything they want. Aside from the aesthetics which have been discussed at length, this isn't even offering usable space.

I can't even walk into this thing because you immediately land in the PvP zone. I'm not going to lose companions and get upsetting PvP zone messages flashing at me.

I feel like this should not even have been advertised as a stronghold. Call it what it is- a PvP lair or Personal Outlaws' Den.

Differing voice: I like the junk. Hopefully they'll only get rid of some of it and not destroy the hide-out effect. What good is a hide-out if it looks like the lawn is always manicured and the shingles on the roof recently replaced? Would kind of give the place away, wouldn't it?

Well, maybe they can add some hooks over the junk so that those of us who aren't pigs, can decorate over it.

Edited by Lunafox

Arena/PVP Feedback:

1. cc ball carrier isn't working
  2. bad lag
  3. game reset isn't working
  4. leaps, pulls, and stuns don't work
  5. warzone adrenals/medpacs don't work
  6. LOS doesn't work in the arena
  7. pops you out of stealth when you enter
  8. PW kills you instantly in the new arena

The majority of the unlocks are on the ship. So we get a little dirty beach and a ship stronghold. Also, at no point should I be dismounted in my own stronghold! This might only be my 3rd post ever, and I came here right from the PTS. I'm very disappointed, mostly because I was so excited. I was NOT picturing decorating Ravagers. How about a nice "house" stronghold with a pretty beach? Something house-y and beach-y. I will not be spending millions of credits for 2 dirty round rooms on the ground and 3 up on a ship. Please let me love you SWTOR. Big just means empty. This strong hold doesn't seem big at all, because its just some empty rooms on a ship.

Just re-skin Tatooine as Hoth

Add a house-y and pretty beach-y part with waterfalls to Rishi

Expand Manaan so we can reach all (most of) the stuff we can see, at least physically access the starship hook

Guilds need to have room for at least 2 strongholds

We tested the Huttball area today, you can watch it in Snave's VOD here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/281926874

Some notable timestamps:

• 1:03:47 & 1:16:26 for feedback on hooks in the Huttball area
  • 1:34:10 for various Holotraverse bugs in the Huttball area
  • 1:57:30 for a rated match in the Rishi arena
  • 2:36:15 for feedback on the smaller PvP area
  • 3:09:00 for some 7v7 PvP in the Huttball area

Edited by Jerba

It seems like there are two very distinct camps here:

1. PvP fans who are very happy because this will give them the space they want.

2. Stronghold fans, non-PvPers, who are extremely disappointed this doesn't give them anything they want. Aside from the aesthetics which have been discussed at length, this isn't even offering usable space..

SWTOR's player base is splintered and not all content appeals to all groups.

This update was explicitly aimed at the PvP community, who've long been overlooked. The RP crowd (for lack of a better label) has been comparatively well catered for: there are six other strongholds with no PvP features to speak of.

I am happy for endgame raiders when they get a new operation, even though I am unlikely to play through it. Similarly, I am happy for the RP community when they get new story content, etc. While there are some bugs/annoyances with the Rishi stronghold and its aesthetic appeal is subjective, most of the criticism seems to be coming from those who do not play PvP.

Edited by rambolnet

Feedback from the 7v7 Huttball match:

• It was annoying to have to leave stronghold to create an ops group. Please allow players to convert a regular group to an ops group inside a stronghold.
  • I really liked that when the group leader selects a color, everyone else in group gets assigned the same color. Still, it is irritating that players not in group are automatically enemies. Please ensure that if you have the same color, you can't attack each other.
  • Players without a color should not be flagged for PvP, that way they can continue to observe the match without interfering. I don't think they should be ported out of the area; you can't really observe it from outside.
  • Players who are hard stunned can still receive the huttball if it is passed to them. Does the change only affect regular huttball maps and not the stronghold huttball?

SWTOR's player base is splintered and not all content appeals to all groups.

This update was explicitly aimed at the PvP community, who've long been overlooked. The RP crowd (for lack of a better label) has been comparatively well catered for: there are six other strongholds with no PvP features to speak of.

I am happy for endgame raiders when they get a new operation, even though I am unlikely to play through it. Similarly, I am happy for the RP community when they get new story content, etc. While there are some bugs/annoyances with the Rishi stronghold and its aesthetic appeal is subjective, most of the criticism seems to be coming from those who do not play PvP.

The difference here is that the RP/PVE community has been asking specifically for a Rishi stronghold for literally years.

This was also built up as something for BOTH groups, and in fact it only caters to one.

Non-PvPers kept their subscriptions and bought decos on the idea that there would be something here for them, too. And there isn't.

If they wanted this to be for PvPers only, they should have said so. Don't call it a stronghold. Don't pretend it's going to have something for PvEers. Don't dress up a PvP cesspool as a "stronghold" and have unsuspecting players be forced through a disgusting forced PvP zone the minute they walk in.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero