EricMusco

So, having gone through and read the majority, if not all of the posts, I really think there is so much room for improvement without taking anything away from the PvP elements. I know I've posted multiple times but I took a friend through a little while ago, via the share screen option on Skype, and we came up with some ideas that might provide ways to address some of the more common complaints. As I explore and experiment I come up with ideas and want to share them

!. The Junk - Perhaps you could place hooks over the junk and make decorations that override it.

2. Broken Walkways - Okay, I know those are all over the place on Rishi, but for those who want a nicer resort feel maybe you could place rug hooks over those bigger broken areas and make a "wooden tile" deco. Then if people want to repair their SH they can just place a wooden tile. Tada! Instant renovation without taking anything from players who want it to remain as is. Just make a "Rishi Renovator" pack and let people go crazy with home repairs, lol.

4. The hooks on the floors in the ship quarters are fantastic! They cover most of the floor and there's a good amount of flexibility. Maybe redo the floor hooks in the buildings on the ground to be set up more like those. dirt on the floor isn't a problem if you can hide it under a couch, lol.

5. There's a cool little porch/deck just at the entrance to the staging area from the PvP area, consider putting some hooks out there. The non-PvP decorator could make a nice little deck for enjoying the temperate Rishi evenings.

6. I really like the solid flooring in the ship, could more of ithe ship floor be that instead of the grates? That's just a preference and can be fixed with runs in some cases, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

7. Grassy Area Decoration - A lot of people feel it looks too dirty, maybe place more rug hooks and create some decorations that provide grass cover over some of the dark sand.

8. Open up that big triangle area and create a "Winner's Lodge." Like I've said before, copy and paste the cantina in Raider's Cove. It would keep with the pirate and PvP theme, while making a nicer place for people who want it.

Basically, I'm trying to come up with ways for people to remove the slum feel without taking it from those who like it. Nothing needs to be taken from the PvP element, just think about adding options. Things like toggle the pvp dismount and companion thing, toggle trash or hooks for hiding it, add a building that can serve as a house. The ship is cool, it would work,, but it doesn't feel much like an island home. There are a lot of ways that the SH can be cleaned up and made homey without taking anything away from anyone else.We can all play together and share the black Rishi sandbox.

Edited by DuchessKristania

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, having gone through and read the majority, if not all of the posts, I really think there is so much room for improvement without taking anything away from the PvP elements. I know I've posted multiple times but I took a friend through a little while ago, via the share screen option on Skype, and we came up with some ideas that might provide ways to address some of the more common complaints. As I explore and experiment I come up with ideas and want to share them

!. The Junk - Perhaps you could place hooks over the junk and make decorations that override it.

2. Broken Walkways - Okay, I know those are all over the place on Rishi, but for those who want a nicer resort feel maybe you could place rug hooks over those bigger broken areas and make a "wooden tile" deco. Then if people want to repair their SH they can just place a wooden tile. Tada! Instant renovation without taking anything from players who want it to remain as is. Just make a "Rishi Renovator" pack and let people go crazy with home repairs, lol.

4. The hooks on the floors in the ship quarters are fantastic! They cover most of the floor and there's a good amount of flexibility. Maybe redo the floor hooks in the buildings on the ground to be set up more like those. dirt on the floor isn't a problem if you can hide it under a couch, lol.

5. There's a cool little porch/deck just at the entrance to the staging area from the PvP area, consider putting some hooks out there. The non-PvP decorator could make a nice little deck for enjoying the temperate Rishi evenings.

6. I really like the solid flooring in the ship, could more of ithe ship floor be that instead of the grates? That's just a preference and can be fixed with runs in some cases, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

7. Grassy Area Decoration - A lot of people feel it looks too dirty, maybe place more rug hooks and create some decorations that provide grass cover over some of the dark sand.

8. Open up that big triangle area and create a "Winner's Lodge." Like I've said before, copy and paste the cantina in Raider's Cove. It would keep with the pirate and PvP theme, while making a nicer place for people who want it.

Basically, I'm trying to come up with ways for people to remove the slum feel without taking it from those who like it. Nothing needs to be taken from the PvP element, just think about adding options. Things like toggle the pvp dismount and companion thing, toggle trash or hooks for hiding it, add a building that can serve as a house. The ship is cool, it would work,, but it doesn't feel much like an island home. There are a lot of ways that the SH can be cleaned up and made homey without taking anything away from anyone else.We can all play together and share the black Rishi sandbox.

They're nice suggestions, it's good that you're suggesting ways to compromise, I can appreciate that. So long as I can cover what I don't like, I can find workarounds, I just don't want filth imposed on me. :)

After running around the Rishi stronghold, I LOVE THIS. I've wanted a SH here ever since Shadow of Revan, and this perfectly captures that essence of Raider's Cove. The hook layouts are really really good (MUCH better than Umbara and Manaan!), and OMG STEAMPUNK AIRSHIP. And a huge thanks for putting the quick-travel speeders on the airship skydeck as well! I love this... even if I did find out that the docks are not, in fact, safe to jump off of. Whoops. I think that's the first time I've died from a ten-foot drop...

Also, I've joined the "We Love Speedy" fanclub.

Couple of things, though. When I was running around, I was seeing a lot of little dust devils spawning and de-spawning randomly around the hideout and the beach area. Is that an intentional part of the SH?

The constant sound of flies buzzing around me, while it might fit the environment, is going to drive me mad. :p

While I know that the PVP was a huge part of this SH, I'm not really looking forward to getting booted off my mount/losing my companion every time I enter a PVP zone. Is there a way to get around this, maybe? Like the SH owner having an option to turn PVP on/off in their SH (kinda like the public access, maybe?), or mounts/companions only getting booted if the zone is active for a match?

This SH looks AMAZING, and I can't wait for it to go live! You did a FANTASTIC job with this, Oh Lovely Dev Team! You deserve all the cookies. :D

Same bug someone else has mentioned. None of the characters I copied can purchase the stronghold. The purchase is insisting on 2.5mil in coins or 50 cc.

I've logged out, exited, restarted the game and computer and the repair tool all to no avail. And since none of my characters have 2.5 mil the purchase icon remains dimmed. Doesn't matter if the logic won't really deduct 2.5 mil if you don't have 2.5 mil to enable a purchase.

Good luck with your test.

Same bug someone else has mentioned. None of the characters I copied can purchase the stronghold. The purchase is insisting on 2.5mil in coins or 50 cc.

I've logged out, exited, restarted the game and computer and the repair tool all to no avail. And since none of my characters have 2.5 mil the purchase icon remains dimmed. Doesn't matter if the logic won't really deduct 2.5 mil if you don't have 2.5 mil to enable a purchase.

Good luck with your test.

Take as much as money as you can on a toon. Then copy that toon however many times is necessary to the test server until the amount carried exceeds 2.6 million coins (you'll need that much for one of the unlocks even though the SH itself is only listed as 2.5). Then pool all the money together.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Take as much as money as you can on a toon. Then copy that toon however many times is necessary to the test server until the amount carried exceeds 2.6 million coins (you'll need that much for one of the unlocks even though the SH itself is only listed as 2.5). Then pool all the money together.

Nice idea but at this point that won't happen. My work week starts very soon and I'll busy for quite sometime with it (it's not a 9-5 M-F job)

There has been some really great feedback here so I'm not gonna repeat most of it.

The one thing I want to mention is, I really don't like these PvP Decos looked behind crafting thing. I mean a lot of actual PvPers don't spend their time crafting. Maybe you can tie in some kind of com that you get from actually PvPing that you can spend on the decos.

I don't understand why PVP being in this stronghold is such a concern that several posters in this thread have made multiple posts, at least oner per page, to say how much they dislike it and don't want it.

Firstly: this is the first of seven strongholds to be catered to PVPers. I think we deserve it,

Secondly, as you rightly point out - this is your stronghold. If you don't want to PVP, you don't have to raise the forcefields, you don't have to click the huttbal lbutton, you can just use it as-is. You can avoid listing your stronghold publicly, and nobody will PVP in it.

Please, PVPers get a piece of content for the first time in how many years, don't take it away from us because you don't like it.

The issue isn't that there is PvP features in the stronghold it is that they can't be toggled on and off. The area in near the entrance bottlenecks the entire land expansion area of the stronghold and can't be traveled through without being dismounted, companion dismissed and flagged for PvP. The sky deck of the carrier is one of the largest areas available and the only one with any starship hooks, and suffers the same problem. Public listing to show off a completed stronghold point of the stronghold for many of the games best decorators. Keeping it private just to avoid PvP griefing is not an answer for them.

To be clear no one I've seen here is calling for the removal of the PvP features that I agree the PvP community deserve. We just want a way to turn them off in our own strongholds if we don't want to use them.

Edited by Lowarro

This is a great stronghold overall but a few things I've found in this stronghold...

1. When taking the speeder from the start to the Cove Expansion it sends you through a building.

2. *This is for testing of the stronghold only - not for live* The Arena decoration is only available for purchase at the new vendor on the fleet for a currency most of us won't have on hand to buy this for the PTS.

3. Every time you enter PvP arena rooms it will dismount you from whatever mount you're on at the time.

and that's all for now. If you could have a look at these it would be great, but this is an amazing stronghold, very well made!

Edited by Maxitrac

I love the Ravagers’ aesthetics so I have no issues with the stronghold being a “pirate’s roost”. My smuggler just got a dream house. The creative approach is seen everywhere, old familiar assets are mixed the way they turn into something new, impressive and enjoyable to explore. Thank you very much for your work.

Some notes and observations (most of them were discussed already though):

– Having closed doors you can’t open and rope ladders you can’t access in your own hideout is weird. Maybe there’s still time to disguise those doors somehow?

– Being dismounted every time you enter or leave PvP area is quite irritating. Being dismounted when you enter the Port Quarters on the ship is just strange. I suspect it's a bug but who knows.

– The speeder needs a new route since it flies through walls.

– Not exactly about the stronghold itself but… A noise the new fabricator droid makes (similar to Blaster’s) is too loud and annoying.

Edited by Ollmich

Perspective; I only PVE; I enjoy decorating my SHs; have 6 of 7 existing SHs (no Umbara) fully decorated to my taste; unlikely to ever use PvP features if I purchased a Rishi SH. Happy to see PvPers get some love. Respect for the detail in designing Raider’s Cove on Rishi, but I never liked Raider’s Cove’s looks, nor its denizens. Always liked the look of Rishi away from Raider’s Cove.

Foremost, that area near the landing zone.

Please make the PvP auto-flagging in the first area something that is off until turned on.

This isn’t about PvP vs. PVE. This is solely about excessive annoyance:

Enter area: companion is dismissed and character is dismounted.

You are flagged for PvP!

Leave area: companion returns and character can use mounts again.

Within only a couple of hours spent checking out the Rishi SH on the PTS, I’ve already grown to despise that area. Not a great thing to have to frequently deal with. Probably what would tip the scale to me just getting the initial unlock for access to the beach, or not even that. Yes, for me, it is just that annoying.

The Beach.

I like the beach. It's small, but nice. Love the sound of the waves, having hooks on the beach area; being able to wade out to the nearby islet – which also has hooks. The beach is like a tiny (albeit expensive) Stronghold.

I’m glad that the view of Shanty town is limited when on the beach. Just lots of rocky cliffs dotted with pretty plants. And then there’s the view across the water. Maybe one crashed ship, but a view consisting primarily of crashed shipwrecks in the distance? I’ve seen much better vistas than that in the game, and on the planet Rishi.

The secret cave. A cute idea, sacrificed to the gods of wrecked starships. The cave could have contained just natural elements – rocks, plants, water features. This Rishi Stronghold seems to have a greater affinity for wrecked starships than Hoth, and wrecked starships were the mainstay of Hoth.

Speedy is wonderful. All hail Speedy’s cuteness! Speedy needs to switch to decafe.

I love that there are hooks on the islet. Please put more hooks on the islet and the surrounding shallow water. That area could be covered in hooks for pets, companions, and mounts spread around on the islet. As well as the existing hooks for a variety of decos.

The Cove.

Kudos on the eye for detail. That is one hard scrabble, patched together, hodge-podge of a shanty town. I’m not snarking. Parts of the town are exquisitely done, and the detail is amazing. I’m just not partial to the look of final product, even while I appreciate the skill to achieve it. The Cove is essentially a small(ish) indoor/outdoor housing, on its own. It is an expensive option, though. With very few rooms since many (too many) structures and areas in the Cove are inaccessible. Too much "look but you aren't allowed in" structures in the Cove.

Then, there’s the garbage issue with the Cove. Good grief, there is a lot of garbage, trash, and debris strewn around in the Cove. A. https://imgur.com/EQSzli5 Lot. https://imgur.com/CHGCfPj Add to that the muddy streets that look like they’ve been used for dumping chamber pots, well … the Cove has zero charm to me. Perhaps decoration hooks instead of piles of trash and debris. Sell the piles of trash and debris as decorations. Then players could have a bit more freedom with how the Cove looks. A falling down shanty town with trash; or a falling down shanty town with nice looking plants and statues.

The Patrol Carrier.

I’ve read posts in the past where some folks have requested a starship as a Stronghold. The Patrol Carrier grants that wish.

I used my characters personal starships as “homes” before Strongholds went live. I was (and still am) thrilled to move off of personal ships and in to Strongholds. So, I don’t have much of a perspective on the Patrol Carrier. It’s a ship with details lifted from The Ravagers Op. The detailing is nice. It’s roomy. I think the Reactor Room needs flames coming up from the floor, and an angry Wookie with a wrench running around in it.

I like the view from the bridge. And, then there’s the Sky Deck. Possibly a gem in the Rishi SH crown for PvPers. Other than the PvP arena, the Sky Deck is another area strewn with ridiculous amounts of trash and debris – but with an awesome view while the ship flies through the sky . I don’t PvP, and have never wanted a starship SH, so I don’t have much else to say about the Patrol Carrier.

Sky Deck trash https://imgur.com/6hkMsuH,

debris https://imgur.com/swbQSTP,

and junk https://imgur.com/pzrXk4r.

That view, though https://imgur.com/7ujHqMS. Gorgeous.

Hooks

The first room off the door to the Cove expansion. I think it needs at least two more large floor hooks, or at least two additional medium floor hooks in the middle of the room. Speaking of middle, the floor and flooring hook(s) in that room are so off center it makes me itchy. https://imgur.com/HSB70yg Please center them. Similar problem with the hooks in the connected room, when heading towards the Cove. The wall hooks and the door are not centered.

The Cove itself needs more hooks in the outdoor area. I think you did a good job putting hooks on the beach area, but the Cove has outdoor areas that could use some hooks. Like in the stream/waterway.

The Healing Training Dummy.

I used a level 70 Scoundrel healer, for no particular reason. A mix of 23X to 24X 7 pc Set bonus gear. I don't remember the left side gear ratings, but they are all >230. I'm good with a Scoundrel healer rotation, but long out of practice running as a healer in a group.

I used the healing dummy. I summoned it, attacked that little floating droid (can't remember what it is called) to start things, and threw heals on healing training dummy. When I didn't throw heals, the training dummy's health dropped to 1. I still didn't throw heals on it, the session ended. So I bought one of those things (sorry, not in game and forgot to write down the name) that makes additional targets for healing to appear. I tried it with two targets -- the training dummy and the extra target droid generated for heals. Same as before. I threw heals -- the session continued. I stopped throwing heals -- the session eventually ended.

I was expecting something like the Dread Master Raptus healing challenge. Where there would be a consequence for not keeping up a certain amount of healing. As far as I could tell, throwing heals kept the session going, but that's it. I don't think I was getting helpful practice for healing more than one target because since I wasn't part of a group with the two (in that practice run) droids, I didn't have access to my most used tool when in groups as a healer, the Operations frame. I had to manually target each droid, and look at their health bar.

I truly appreciate the effort to put training dummies in this (and maybe others in the future) Stronghold. I didn't get any more out of using the healing training dummy than if I used a companion to practice heals.

I think you were very clever designing the Rishi Stronghold, aesthetics aside for the moment. You essentially provided 3 SHs into one. 1) A very small beach area; 2) the Cove (I call it Shanty Town); and 3) the Patrol Carrier.

Thank you for not making the speeders on the Sky Deck glow clickie blue like the ones in the Yavin SH do.

Would I get a Rishi SH? Maybe to unlikely. I'm not mad about the Rishi SH. Everyone has different tastes. I have little interest in Rishi, less interest in PvP, and have never like Raider's Cove on Rishi. I admire the skill in creating this SH, but it's not something that makes me think, "I WANT this!" I'm happy for those who like this SH's aesthetic, and PvPers.

Edited by Nmyownworld

First and foremost,

I thank you tremendously for finally giving us an opportunity to offer feedback on the new stronghold and allowing us to explore its features on PTS. If we had been given the same opportunity to critique other strongholds before they were released, especially Manaan, it would have helped alleviate a lot of the frustration and dissatisfaction many of us experienced. We want to be part of the process in helping you guys make the best quality content for us possible so I truly hope you continue asking for our participation and feedback!

After some time exploring I'd like to offer my feedback. I'm going to break it up into general as well as specifics.

Overall Impression

Absolutely awesome design! The sheer scale is very impressive. The new PVP features and training dummy are very cool. The design aesthetic is appropriately dingy, and that's a beautiful thing. I also loved the roving advertising droids, the buried treasure and the little turtle.

I've noticed a few posts expressing disappointment and frustration over the filth and grunge, but I welcome it with open arms. The visual tone of this stronghold is perfectly appropriate and this is wonderful backdrop for creating our own wretched hive of scum and villainy. It's everything I could hope for in an outlaw pirate town. I sympathize with those who were desiring a more pristine and neutral tropical environment but that was never really a design component of Rishi. For those who are truly upset with the grunge I suggest making your peace with Rishi and starting a new thread requesting the next stronghold be Copero or Rakata Prime or Alderaan, which would all be awesome as well. Every stronghold is going to feature its own unique atmosphere and some will be more neutral and universal than others.

At some point in the future I would like to see these new features retroactively added to guild flagships, specifically the training dummy but an optional PVP zone somewhere would also be nice. Guild flagships are incredibly expensive and very time consuming to unlock. It would be appropriate for them to also have these new amenities.

Hook Tiles

More than anything else, I want the Devs to fully understand and appreciate how crucial it is for them to provide hook layouts that give players the maximum amount of freedom and flexibility possible. Hook tiles would be my number one area that needs the most consideration and improvement from the Dev team. Manaan proved to be a major disappointment for many of us, partially because of it's awkward, half-assed design but also because it was given one of the worst, if not the worst, hook layout treatments to date.

Rishi is comparatively better, but there is still room for improvement. It is a simple principle: Cover as much surface area as possible using the largest hook tiles possible. Give us, the players, the option of either using that hook tile as-is or choosing a different layout to better suit our needs.

I'll use the large sand beach on the north end of the map as an example. A wide open space that large can easily accommodate 2 Starship hooks with room leftover for some Large and Centerpiece hooks. Instead, there is one Starship hook flanked by 2 Centerpiece hooks and a peppering of Large hooks and, of all things, Medium-narrow hooks. Where is the rationale in placing a Medium-Narrow hook on such a vast amount of open space? At the very least those hooks should be Medium so players can choose a wider selection of decos.

Precision and Symmetry

I often notice hook tiles that are slightly crooked or a cluster of tiles that aren't aligned as well as they should be. It gives me the impression that the Dev responsible for its placement just slapped it on without much care or regard for quality and consistency. Some of this presently exists in the Rishi layout and I would like a Dev to do some quality control and make those minor adjustments.

Slider Values

I would really love you guys to Increase the slider value ranges for the X and Y Offsets. This would help us immensely in giving us more flexibility in arranging our decos. The present value range is +20/-20. Could that be doubled or increased to something like +50/-50?

Okay, now on to the specifics:

The Little Island

I would like to have more hooks available on the small island out in the water (northeast portion of the map). Presently it has one Large tile flanked by four Medium-Narrows, but there is still plenty of flat, open space available, especially along the eastern and southern shoreline. It's a very cool little spot and I'd like more hooks to allow me as much creative flexibility as possible. Large hooks would be most ideal.

Hidden Cave

The hidden cave southwest of the starship hook has a wooden ramp that is a bit steep. Consequently I noticed my character tends to get snagged toward the top of the ramp whenever I'm attempting to exit back out. Is there anyway there can be some additional tweaking done to the collision box to make that path a little smoother?

Building Facades

There is a circular building facade located on the short footpath (X,Y: 259, 350) between the Staging Room and the Sun Room. Unlike most of the other building facades, this one is more prominent and I would love to see it converted into a functional room! There is another similar building southwest of the Hillside Room (X,Y: 66, 423) that would also make a nice, functional room.

Thank you again for hearing us out and considering us.

Edited by Sorrai

-More hooks on the little island. I really want to decorate it up.

-Can we get a second starship hook on the beach? And if there isn't room there, perhaps just out in the water next to the beach? There are so many different decos for that hook type, and we can get really creative with more. Imagine your starship parked in the water, or the Odessen Command center sticking out above the waves.

-Some Centerpiece hooks in the ocean maybe? I would be cool to stick some Revan or other statues out there.

In the back of the cove area near the speeder, there is a junked computer terminal in a little broken down alcove. Would like some hooks in there to place chairs or other computers. Its a neat little hangout area.

-Some more hooks in the hallway of the Patrol Carrier. There is nothing in the middle of the hallways. Large would be best.

-On the bridge of the Patrol Carrier, right between the viewing window and the computer wall behind it, there are only small single hooks. Can we get a Large standard arrangement hook right in the middle? Some of us would like to have a captian's chair or Hutt Lounger or something to command the craft from.

Edited by xmarcusprimex

Sorrai;9621961

Hook tiles

Rishi is comparatively better, but there is still room for improvement. It is a simple principle: Cover as much surface area as possible using the largest hook tiles possible. Give us, the players, the option of either using that hook tile as-is or choosing a different layout to better suit our needs.

One problem with using the largest hook possible (centerpiece/starship) when you break those down to large you don't have the small hooks on top of those like you do with the regular large hooks. Some of us would like the small hooks on top of the large, even the centerpiece/starship so we can put something next to the first decoration. I.E. The cantina bar you can loot on the Copera flashpoint. It requires a centerpiece hook but you can't put personnel around the bar and that creates a problem. That needs to be changed so those using that decoration can do that should they wish. That is just one example. Some of the "computers/etc" require large hooks and if I want to put a chair and personal there I can except when I convert a centerpiece/starship hook into a large hook because those don't have the small hooks.

Edited by casirabit

This. I would add one more change in the hooks though, in the sun room there are only medium hooks on the wall and can't be change to large ones. I was making a small private area with the Makeb (centerpiece hook) and was going to add waterfalls to the room. I can't as those decorations require large hooks and then they need to move up a bit on the wall.

I would also suggest some wall hooks in the captain's quarters not just the two small ones. I am not sure about others but my smuggler likes to put paintings/etc on the wall in her quarters.

Edited by casirabit

The SH is totally awesome! If you put in the terminals from fleet people will only go there and no place else!

Thing is that this might actually kill the unranked warzone ques! Many guilds are already saying they will only play balanced matches at their SH.

Do matches won and lost in a SH count towards the daily and weekly?

If yes, I see way too much potential for abuse.

If no, I don't see how SH PvP matches would kill WZ queues.

Nameplates on all placed vendors in all strongholds (not just Rishi) on the PTS now have blue nameplates:

Felusia

Jirrik

Ky'lee

Medical Droids

Fabricator Droids

Jawas

Please do NOT push this change forward to live and revert them back to green nameplates!

So, PTS loaded yesterday just when I was about to go to bed and I stayed up way too late checking out the stronghold. I'll try to manage to produce some readable English despite my lack of sleep, haha. :D

In short, I love it! While there are a few improvements that could make it better for me, or better for someone else while not taking anything away from me, I'm very happy with how it looks. I've been asking for a Rishi sh for years and never did I even dare to dream it would be not just one house, but something I can decorate into a small town! :D I'm excited!

So, I'm happy with it but, I'd like to repeat some suggestions people have made. Mainly, more hooks. Unless it's a programming issue or something, I don't understand why you can't have hooks all over the place. Let me put some pets roaming in the nature! In addition, taking away some of the literal thrash piles could help to make the sh more appealing to those people who aren't as excited as me about the idea of owning a pirate town and would rather decorate it to look like something else.

More detailed suggestions:

1. The docks area, aka where we land and the pvp area after it. Why not clean up the literal thrash from there, at least? There's not that much of it anyway, shouldn't be a difficult task, and it would make the area more versatile (i.e. at least Casirabit mentioned putting a garden there, and if you want to make a garden, you'd clean up that stuff). In addition if you clean up that area, people who don't like the thrash can just not buy the Cove. I have no idea how this supposedly would hurt pvp players -- the thrash doesn't actually LoS anything. It's barely knee high, you can see over it. Pick it up, put a hook there and pvp players can put something that ACTUALLY breaks the line of sight.

2. As other people have mentioned, some sort of off-toggle for the first pvp area would be appreciated. Getting dismounted is annoying, and not being able to summon a companion means I can't put my legacy bank (I want to pull gifts from there, close it and give them to a companion) or GTN kiosk (I want to preview gear on my companion) there. I want those two things as close to the entrance as possible, so not being able to put them in the pvp area means I need to put them in the loading area, and the GTN kiosk is gonna look really weird there.

• 2.5 For next time, don't put the pvp zone right at the entrance. The Huttball/deathmatch arena is fine, but the other area would have been better if it was somewhere in the Cove, for example.

3. The hooks on the upper section of the pvp area. Just...why? Medium narrows on the sides and then one big block of hooks in the middle. What am I supposed to do with that? Even worse, what is someone who wants to build a nice place to view pvp duels supposed to do with it? Put more hooks in there, make the medium narrows regular mediums.

4. Again, in the walkway to the beach area... WHAT'S UP WITH THE MEDIUM NARROWS? I'd like to be able to put rishi crates or rishi baskets there, but those only fit regular mediums, not medium narrows. Please consider making them bigger? Pretty please? :p

5. I love that there's a hook in the river, and another hook near the water in the small island. Could we have more of those? Hooks in the waves have been requested multiple times, but I'd also like to have more hooks in the river. I could put plants and pets there and make it more lively.

6. The secret cave desperately needs more hooks. I don't wish to put a centerpiece in there, which means I'm stuck with a bunch of smaller hooks in the middle and nothing anywhere else. Even some medium narrows would be better. :p

7. The first room in the Cove expansion. One, there's a lot of empty room in the middle -- more hooks please? Two, more. Medium. Narrows. Please consider making them regular mediums. Medium narrows limit what I can do with the room.

8. Cove needs more hooks. This is boring. Please add more hooks, and please don't let them be medium narrows. :D

9. Patrol carrier. Hooks on the hallway. Make it happen. :rak_03:

10. Could we have one centerpiece hook in the reactor room? I can't remember the name of the deco, but there's one in particular I want to put there, and it needs a centerpiece hook.

11. The thrash in the skydeck just makes me laugh. :D :D :D Isn't it supposed to be really windy up there, especially during times when the ship is moving? I can accept that maybe the crates and missiles and stuff are bolted to the deck, but either a. someone accidentally bolted all that mess too, b. it's some seriously sticky junk metal or c. that's all stuff that fell off from the turrets and the power nodes in the last battle and I really need to change the place I buy those from. So maybe you could take that junk away, or give us personnel decos that look like they're bolting stuff to the floor so I can place them next to the junk and laugh even more. OR give us a new personnel vendor, "Shifty Earl the Used Turret Salesman". :D

12. The pvp area looks really devoid of hooks. I think this area needs to be made to fit the pvpers, though, so maybe you could instead release one of those "huttball ramp" decos that actually wouldn't look like a huttball ramp, but something else entirely? Maybe it could even put something over the scoreboard?

13. Watching the pvp through the yellow force field isn't fun, and the grating isn't much better. There's nice hooks to build a place to watch the game, though, so maybe you could switch the grating into an invisible wall or something?

Anyway, again, I'm so happy to have finally gotten this and I have so many ideas! :D Good work BW!

First impression: This is not a stronghold with added PvP features. It is a PvP arena with added Stronghold features.

The clue is in the layout as you enter. You arrive on a platform and the only "walking" way off the platform passes directly through a PvP arena.

I think a change in lighting would fix a lot of the complaints surrounding the visuals of this stronghold. It needs to have daytime/morning lighting. The sunset lighting makes it look like a horrible brown mess.

Just a small comparison between the "in-game" area and the stronghold lighting:

Game Rishi

Stronghold Rishi

Another suggestion that I've seen throughout this thread that I agree with is separating the ship and the beach area. Give us the option to buy them separately / load directly into the one of our choice.

Other than that there's not much to say, it's far too late in development to suggest changes that would completely revamp the area into something that is more pleasing to the eyes.

Edited by micnevv

I cant even find the Rishi SH vendor. It's definitely not on the SH section of fleet . I've looked on planet and all over the fleet. Ive reloaded the game a few times.

I found a big droid in the stronghold section of the fleet. He sells the pvp type decos. If there is another non-pvp deco vendor then I don't know what to tell you.

I cant even find the Rishi SH vendor. It's definitely not on the SH section of fleet . I've looked on planet and all over the fleet. Ive reloaded the game a few times.

It is, indeed, on the Fleet. Look into the bay with the SH vendors, and it will be on the pair to the extreme right, on the right of the pair. (Look above the terminals for the one that spells out "RISHI" in Aurebesh.)

There a bug with the public listings. If the owner of the stronghold is Imperial and they list their stronghold for both sides in the public directory Republic players can't see the listing. Imperials can see all of the listings regardless of who the owner is.

I think a change in lighting would fix a lot of the complaints surrounding the visuals of this stronghold. It needs to have daytime/morning lighting. The sunset lighting makes it look like a horrible brown mess.

Just a small comparison between the "in-game" area and the stronghold lighting:

Game Rishi

Stronghold Rishi

Another suggestion that I've seen throughout this thread that I agree with is separating the ship and the beach area. Give us the option to buy them separately / load directly into the one of our choice.

Other than that there's not much to say, it's far too late in development to suggest changes that would completely revamp the area into something that is more pleasing to the eyes.

Yes, this is it exactly! When I first saw the SH I thought "I'm going to be calling this the brown stronghold." Brown dirt, brown buildings, brown air, brown ship, brown water, brown rocks, ugh.