EricMusco

So after doing all my initial exploring to see how awesome this place actually looks, it's time to provide an extremely detailed feedback.

• I'm going to lump the crafting of the new MK-4 prefabs in with this since I need to craft them for the decos for the Rishi stronghold. While crafting them, I noticed that the count is not going up for the Industrial, Synthetic, and Universal prefab achievement under Strongholds > Strongholds > Crafting Prefabs. The count I came over with has remained the same. I hope that the new MK-4s will actually increase the achievement count when 5.9.2 goes live.

• For the PVP zones, please remove the auto-dismount when entering and leaving it. Also, the buttons the seal it in, for those people who may not necessarily want a PVP zone at all, provide an option in there to disable PVP altogether.

• In the observation area of the Team PVP zone, there are two medium/narrow hooks that face backwards as seen in
this screenshot. Seems insignificant in the grand scheme of things, but when planting down my prefab droids, it stuck out like a sore thumb.

• Some new decos in the deco list that I assume are part of a decoration bundle coming out on the Cartel Market in 5.9.2 require a Floor Covering Hook. These are the Beach Towel (Red), Beach Towel (Purple), and Beach Umbrella (Red). Neither the main beach in front of the starship hook nor the little island beach have a Floor Covering hook. Please add some Floor Covering Hooks in those locations for these decorations.

• Speedy the Turtle walks into the building at the end of the beach. I suggest redoing his path to go around the building and around any decoration hook placements.

• When entering the hidden cave off the beach, there’s a visual glitch that can be seen
here.

• Please add additional decoration hooks in the water between the main beach/landing zone area and the island beach. I’m thinking of a pathway of small, small-medium, and medium decoration hooks so players can put in torches and other types of decorations as a pathway leading out to the beach island.

This is what I have so far. I'm sure I'll have more as I continue looking at the stronghold in detail and plopping down decorations, but I wanted to get this out to the devs before the PTS update in hopes that something here might be seen before they change things.

Also, I know that normally toons are deleted when the PTS gets updates and whatnot (or that's what I read), and the lazy part of me doesn't want to re-craft all those MK-4 prefabs again. Are our toons staying, per chance? Or are we going to be copying toons over again?

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

I just wanted to thank you for all of the great feedback in this thread! We are looking at having an update to PTS late this week and there are quite a few Rishi changes planned. I will have a comprehensive list of what is changing alongside with patch.

Thanks and keep it coming.

-eric

i am quite impressed with this statement Eric and I hope it is sincere. In the past few days since PTS opened up and The Rishi Stronghold was revealed, tons and tons of people took the time review and report their findings. The extremes were utter dissatisfaction to absolute adoration. However, one common theme that most folks agreed upon was how to improve the stronghold. Pages, upon pages, spread across numerous threads detailing specifics on how to correct the noticeable flaws took time from those players lives...and to be honest, I personally was starting to feel like what is the point of us giving feedback when there is no back and forth conversation between the players and the developers. We know you guys can't read everything nor respond accordingly to everything we write, but the fact that you took the time to acknowledge our part reinforces my faith. I look forward, with anticipation, to see what "this comprehensive list" entails.

Hey folks,

I just wanted to thank you for all of the great feedback in this thread! We are looking at having an update to PTS late this week and there are quite a few Rishi changes planned. I will have a comprehensive list of what is changing alongside with patch.

-eric

thank you so so much for replying, Eric! I really do appeciate all the work that has gone into the Rishi SH, and I appreciate the team giving us this chance to test things out and give our feedback. Even if some of the bigger changes requested don't happen, it still means a lot to be given the opportunity to be a part of the creative process.

So after doing all my initial exploring to see how awesome this place actually looks, it's time to provide an extremely detailed feedback.

• I'm going to lump the crafting of the new MK-4 prefabs in with this since I need to craft them for the decos for the Rishi stronghold. While crafting them, I noticed that the count is not going up for the Industrial, Synthetic, and Universal prefab achievement under Strongholds > Strongholds > Crafting Prefabs. The count I came over with has remained the same. I hope that the new MK-4s will actually increase the achievement count when 5.9.2 goes live.

• For the PVP zones, please remove the auto-dismount when entering and leaving it. Also, the buttons the seal it in, for those people who may not necessarily want a PVP zone at all, provide an option in there to disable PVP altogether.

• In the observation area of the Team PVP zone, there are two medium/narrow hooks that face backwards as seen in
this screenshot. Seems insignificant in the grand scheme of things, but when planting down my prefab droids, it stuck out like a sore thumb.

• Some new decos in the deco list that I assume are part of a decoration bundle coming out on the Cartel Market in 5.9.2 require a Floor Covering Hook. These are the Beach Towel (Red), Beach Towel (Purple), and Beach Umbrella (Red). Neither the main beach in front of the starship hook nor the little island beach have a Floor Covering hook. Please add some Floor Covering Hooks in those locations for these decorations.

• Speedy the Turtle walks into the building at the end of the beach. I suggest redoing his path to go around the building and around any decoration hook placements.

• When entering the hidden cave off the beach, there’s a visual glitch that can be seen
here.

• Please add additional decoration hooks in the water between the main beach/landing zone area and the island beach. I’m thinking of a pathway of small, small-medium, and medium decoration hooks so players can put in torches and other types of decorations as a pathway leading out to the beach island.

This is what I have so far. I'm sure I'll have more as I continue looking at the stronghold in detail and plopping down decorations, but I wanted to get this out to the devs before the PTS update in hopes that something here might be seen before they change things.

Also, I know that normally toons are deleted when the PTS gets updates and whatnot (or that's what I read), and the lazy part of me doesn't want to re-craft all those MK-4 prefabs again. Are our toons staying, per chance? Or are we going to be copying toons over again?

When you first zone into the Rishi stronghold, turn around. There's a goldish-colored console at the end of the pier. It's an unlock. Click it, unlock it. It'll be replaced with a blue elevator switch, one of the options being the carrier ship.

Thank you Sir! :) Will take a look later.

Eric, it is definitely great to read that you and the rest of the Team are paying attention. Hopefully, quite a few of our requests can are being incorporated into the forthcoming update. However, I am a historian and not a programmer so what seems like simple fixes to me may prove far more cumbersome from a coding perspective.

My greatest concern, that quite a few others have hit upon, is the dinginess of the stronghold. Changing the lighting and removing the junk mounds would likely greatly improve the ascetics those of us seeking a tidier SH. I also support the idea of having genuine living quarters.

Would it be possible to expand the size of the carrier to expand the size of the PVP area. Strikes me as awfully cramped. The other PVP area should not be too large as it strikes me more as a deathmatch sort of area.

...didn't want the filth pit you gave us.

The difference here is that the RP/PVE community has been asking specifically for a Rishi stronghold for literally years.

This was also built up as something for BOTH groups, and in fact it only caters to one.

Non-PvPers kept their subscriptions and bought decos on the idea that there would be something here for them, too. And there isn't.

I've already given my feedback, however I have to agree with these two comments. It might be best to add a new stronghold category: PvP Strongholds and have this Rishi stronghold available to the PvPers; whilst creating a non-PvP alternate version for the RP/PVE-ers to decorate. There are plenty of ideas in this feedback thread from the decorators to do a separate version.

I've already given my feedback, however I have to agree with these two comments. It might be best to add a new stronghold category: PvP Strongholds and have this Rishi stronghold available to the PvPers; whilst creating a non-PvP alternate version for the RP/PVE-ers to decorate. There are plenty of ideas in this feedback thread from the decorators to do a separate version.

Not really something I would like as my boyfriend likes to pvp and I like to decorate and we are looking at getting this for the guild and we have a variety of people, some that do pvp and some that love to decorate so I don't think splitting the stronghold into separate version would help. That can create problems when you have a guild that has a variety of people. Even my boyfriend thinks the junk piles are not needed and agrees with some of the comments here about the changes.

Hey folks,

-eric

My thanks to you, and the team, for giving Stronghold enthusiasts a chance to provide Rishi SH feedback on the PTS. I don't expect everyone's desire for changes to be fulfilled, but I'm happy that we players are given a chance to express our thoughts, and have those viewpoints acknowledged. I'm looking forward to seeing the upcoming changes.

Not really something I would like as my boyfriend likes to pvp and I like to decorate and we are looking at getting this for the guild and we have a variety of people, some that do pvp and some that love to decorate so I don't think splitting the stronghold into separate version would help. That can create problems when you have a guild that has a variety of people. Even my boyfriend thinks the junk piles are not needed and agrees with some of the comments here about the changes.

I can't see how having a separate Rishi stronghold for those of us looking for something aesthetically pleasing affects guilds who want to buy the PvP one. I suggested that because I doubt this is the last/only PvP focused stronghold they will offer. As for the current one, even removing the junk piles would not make me like it. It's just not the Rishi I was expecting at all. I think the current layout and design is awful. It does not seemed designed with decorators wanting to create in-game homes in mind - that fact that its open to all was maybe an after-thought. I am not a guild or group person so none of the above affects me. The point that me and others have made as lovers of strongholds for decorating is that we've be asking for Rishi for years and what they've given us is a huge disappointment. For you, guilds and PvPers it's probably a godsend. The solution for me and others who agree with me is not to buy it, however since there's not much else happening until most likely very late Autumn, the disappointment of the Rishi stronghold raises the sensible question about maintaining my sub or cancelling until something truly PvE related comes out. I'm an EU subber so it's not like it will be noticed.

Edited by Sarova

I can't see how having a separate Rishi stronghold for those of us looking for something aesthetically pleasing affects guilds who want to buy the PvP one. I suggested that because I doubt this is the last/only PvP focused stronghold they will offer.

The bolded part is important IMHO. If this stronghold does well with PvPers I can't think that they won't try to incorporate PvP areas into other future strongholds. It's one reason why i think it's vital that they nail down a way to turn off PvP aspects entirely NOW and bring up solutions to make the spaces amenable to all.

The solution for me and others who agree with me is not to buy it, however since there's not much else happening until most likely very late Autumn, the disappointment of the Rishi stronghold raises the sensible question about maintaining my sub or cancelling until something truly PvE related comes out. I'm an EU subber so it's not like it will be noticed.

Also a salient point. There's zero happening for me in the game right now and nothing specific is on the horizon. So far this year I've paid for seven months of subscription for one hour of content. I was fully planning to let my subscription lapse until the Rishi stronghold was announced. I feel like it was a waste to keep subbing for this.

But I do feel encouraged that the devs responded in this post and have some changes in store. I hope they will make more people happy with the SH.

A suggestion:

Would it be possible to create a multiple choice poll that would allow users to rank the changes they want to see made for the stronghold? Being able to get a prioritized list would probably help the team with making improvements/changes in a more orderly fashion.

Hey folks,

-eric

Thanks for posting, Eric. I look forward to seeing the changes you're making based on the feedback. I hope this means no more trash piles, more hooks, and possibly including the cantina above, and a ramp that goes toward the beach from the start area. :)

I can't see how having a separate Rishi stronghold for those of us looking for something aesthetically pleasing affects guilds who want to buy the PvP one. I suggested that because I doubt this is the last/only PvP focused stronghold they will offer. As for the current one, even removing the junk piles would not make me like it. It's just not the Rishi I was expecting at all. I think the current layout and design is awful. It does not seemed designed with decorators wanting to create in-game homes in mind - that fact that its open to all was maybe an after-thought. I am not a guild or group person so none of the above affects me. The point that me and others have made as lovers of strongholds for decorating is that we've be asking for Rishi for years and what they've given us is a huge disappointment. For you, guilds and PvPers it's probably a godsend. The solution for me and others who agree with me is not to buy it, however since there's not much else happening until most likely very late Autumn, the disappointment of the Rishi stronghold raises the sensible question about maintaining my sub or cancelling until something truly PvE related comes out. I'm an EU subber so it's not like it will be noticed.

So according to you, just because I am in a guild and some of our guild likes to pvp, like my boyfriend, we want a stronghold with trash and junk, we don't want something nice, and we are not decorators? Gee thanks. I have every single stronghold and I have taken the time and the effort to make the strongholds look nice. It has taken me 2 years to get Yavin the way I wanted where it looks nice but yet according to you I am not a decorator.

Edited by casirabit

Thanks for posting, Eric. I look forward to seeing the changes you're making based on the feedback. I hope this means no more trash piles, more hooks, and possibly including the cantina above, and a ramp that goes toward the beach from the start area. :)

This and please please fix the wall hooks in the Sun Room. My hanging plant should not be on the floor when it goes on the wall.

If they make it possible for me to toggle off the PvP part so my comp doesn't get dismissed and I get knocked off of my speeder then I'm fine with going through that area to get to the beach. I just don't like not being able to control that element in my own stronghold. I could even deal with it if I was the only person who could use the PvP console in my stronghold and they address the comp/dismount issue. While I can live with the PvP zone announcement I find it very disconcerting that if I choose to make the stronghold public anyone could come in and put those gates up, thus initiating the ability to attack.

The ability to toggle PvP off is a reasonable request and not one that impacts people who want to properly PvP. It would impact someone who intended to use the PvP element to effectively attack troll anyone in a publicly listed SH.That particular behavior is one that should be prevented before Rishi goes live an happens.

I actually like the junk piles. >_> I'm not an RPer, either. It looks just like the Rishi you go to visit in SoR, and that's the version that made me want a SH there so bad. It's perfect for Smugglers and Bounty Hunters. If you took away the trash, it would make the stronghold seem just like all the others (except maybe Yavin since it's a ruin, but it's still rather clean and neat for a ruin). The garbage piles give Rishi character, and helps it stand out from the other options that much more.

I actually like the junk piles. >_> I'm not an RPer, either. It looks just like the Rishi you go to visit in SoR, and that's the version that made me want a SH there so bad. It's perfect for Smugglers and Bounty Hunters. If you took away the trash, it would make the stronghold seem just like all the others (except maybe Yavin since it's a ruin, but it's still rather clean and neat for a ruin). The garbage piles give Rishi character, and helps it stand out from the other options that much more.

It has been suggested to put hooks there so people who want that look can do it. There is a debris decoration that looks exactly like the junk piles in the stronghold. This way it gives people an option.

I think the junk piles are probably something there are a couple of solutions for that would make it work for both camps. It's interesting to me how many different perspectives there are on what makes Rishi so desirable. Some, like yourself picture the slummy areas and consider that Rishi, others picture the more wilderness area with the village, and others still pictured something more akin to the boardwalk areas with the shops and the Blaster Path Cantina. I fall into that last camp.

I think there are probably ways to offer a little more balanced SH than what we currently have. It's pretty massive, I think if they put in a proper residential building, added more of the natural beauty,, and made PvP something that people could have more control over the devs would actually be able to satisfy a lot of different players.

Edited by DuchessKristania

Here's my feedback on the stronghold. I'll try to make it as detailed and specific as I can.

FUNCTIONALITY

* I couldn't find a way to get to the back area of the ground map. I also never found the unlock for the sky deck. Maybe I'm blind but... I never had trouble unlocking other strongholds. I shouldn't have to read a post or watch a YouTube video to find everything. Some more paths or visual indicators or map notes would help. It's just so big and there's so much to take in at once...

* Don't make me unlock the ship to use the speeder to the cove expansion. Also, add a way to get to the cove expansion from the entry area when the PvP walls in the start area are locked.

* Restrict console use (locking doors, starting/ending games) to a Silver key. (Not my idea, big thumbs up on this.)

* Create Warzone Vendor personnel decorations.

-- Create a variety of cheering / jeering crowd decorations.

GENERAL APPEARANCE

* There's too much surf. It doesn't look realistic to me, perhaps because they're all identical. I love the idea of surf and the sound is fantastic, just remove a couple of the assets to thin them out.

* In the ocean, put a couple of buoys to mark the edge off the Exhaustion Zone.

* Remove majority of junk assets everywhere in the town and on the ship, and replace with decoration hooks so we can put our own junk down there instead. There are many nice junk and debris decorations available.

* Get rid of the buzzing fly FX from everywhere. It's insanely annoying, to the point I wouldn't enjoy PvP or spending time there.

* Make it easier to notice the control computer that unlocks the ship and activates the speeder. Give it a blinky light.

* Put the red lights on doors that unlock expansions. I kept thinking I could open/unlock doors with glowing red lights on them. (There's one in the Hideout PVP area.)

* In the Hideout, the half circle area with the huge metal railing, over a stream... the cliffs are deadly boring. They need some vegetation, a little waterfall... something.

* On the platform overlooking the water where the cove expansion speeder drops off, add an invisible wall instead of killing us when we jump off, or let us jump off and run to the back area.

* In the muddy area, get rid of the toxic miasma clouds. Okay, it's a ruined hulk, I get that, but it doesn't need to smell like poop.

* Only the Reactor Room on the ship should have the loud sound FX. It's absolutely annoying everywhere else and drowns out other sounds. No jukeboxes, no Ambient decos, no cheering emotes... not fun.

* The hallways, Port and Starboard Quarters on the ship have the bird/cricket sound FX. Oops! Please make them silent. BUG?

* The Starboard and Port Quarters and one-room ground expansions are ridiculously expensive, especially when compared to the one-room expansions of other strongholds. They're not special PvP areas.

* A shuttle should take us up to the ship, not a speeder. Speeders don't fly that high... (in SWTOR).

HOOK SUGGESTIONS

* On the starting platform, replace the Centerpiece hook with a Starship hooks that breaks down into optional layouts. Remove the scaffolding and flag, so there's a way for ships to fly in and land. (Besides, they block the pretty view!)

* Add a rug hook to the center of the Hideout front (team) PvP area. Let us put some of those cool tech panels there.

-- On the platform overlooking the area, put 4 Large Floor hooks in a square, instead of one in the center.

* The Staging Room needs a ceiling hook.

-- It also needs 2 more Large Floor hooks.

-- Center the Rug/Flooring hooks under the Large Floor hooks.

* In the upper tower of the Stealth Field Active area, above the Centerpiece hook, remove the asset and put a ceiling hook.

-- Add more Medium Wall hooks to either side of the doorway.

* Under the half-tube in the Stealth area, move all the Large Wall hooks lower. Unless you really tilt up, you don't see them at all.

* In the Hidden Cave, add Medium Narrow hooks on all four sides of the Centerpiece hook.

* The Hillside Room tunnel walls need hooks.

-- Move the dangling light and cables, to allow tall decorations to be placed. They cause collision.

-- Instead of the light, place a Ceiling hook very high up.

-- Add a pair of Large Wall hooks on the wall with no cables.

* In the half-circle area over the stream, add Rug hooks under all central Large Floor hooks.

* On the ship, add Large Floor hooks in the center of all wide, open hallways. Let us place kiosks and such.

* The Reactor Room needs small wall hooks high on the walls and above/beside the door.

* The Starboard and Port Quarters need a plus (+) of rug hooks, not just one in the center.

-- Take out the ceiling asset and give us a hook.

-- Add some wall hooks.

* The Bridge has no Wall or Ceiling hooks. Add some like on the guild flagships.

* Place some hooks up against walls. The whole stronghold seems to force us to group things in the center of spaces. Some assets don't look good unless they're against a wall.

REMODELING SUGGESTIONS

* Why does the ship have no windows? OMG it's boring and doesn't take advantage of the cool Rishi view.

* Make the tower on the beach have an open door. Inside, add a ramp that takes us up to the balcony level. Let us hang out on the balcony and enjoy the amazing view. For a bonus, add some Small Floor hooks for chairs.

* Make the tower in the Stealth area have an open door. Add a few hooks in there.

* The doors at the viewing platform of the ground-level Team PvP area should open into a Raider's Cove style cantina, with a stage and plenty of hooks. (Not my idea, just so cool I had to include it.)

Edited by Xina_LA

Regardless how anyone feels one way or the other about the stronghold, or how the final product may turn out, I'm appreciative that BW is taking the time to both solicit and react to feedback on the stronghold.

Thanks, Eric & Team.

Now if only they would listen to us regarding the conquest changes they made with 5.8. I haven't seen them do jack on this front. :(

Now if only they would listen to us regarding the conquest changes they made with 5.8. I haven't seen them do jack on this front. :(

It's a good point. We don't really know what they have planned for the SH based on the feedback here. Hopefully it will be promising and a good sign for other things as well.

Hey folks,

-eric

Thanks Eric, since there are changes coming, I will hold back on detailed feedback since it might change anyway. Nevertheless, here are my main takeaways:

• The Sky is gorgeous!
  • We have like a whole Rishi map to ourselves!
  • I would prefer to have some buildings and structures like the Blaster's Path Cantina, the stone buildings around it, and the boardwalk in front of it.
  • The Pirate Shanties have potential even if they aren't my preference.
  • We really need to talk about hook placement and coverage. The walls are doing much better, but the floors and ceilings have major gaps.
  • The sky carrier is my favorite part and I'm not even a PvPer.

I really appreciate the time and effort the artists took with the stronghold. I love the sky even though it wasn't even the one I was hoping for. Even if there are no changes to the available buildings, I really hope we can come together on this hook coverage issue. :)

While I'm at it, here are the buildings and structure around the Cantina that I liked:

pXPuZlc.png

EZoTA7R.png

ofDIYH7.png

Here is some of the landscaping I was hoping to see replicated.

pQvd5oe.png

Regardless how anyone feels one way or the other about the stronghold, or how the final product may turn out, I'm appreciative that BW is taking the time to both solicit and react to feedback on the stronghold.

Thanks, Eric & Team.

Totally agree. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of this.