EricMusco

I can't see how having a separate Rishi stronghold for those of us looking for something aesthetically pleasing affects guilds who want to buy the PvP one. I suggested that because I doubt this is the last/only PvP focused stronghold they will offer. As for the current one, even removing the junk piles would not make me like it. It's just not the Rishi I was expecting at all. I think the current layout and design is awful. It does not seemed designed with decorators wanting to create in-game homes in mind - that fact that its open to all was maybe an after-thought. I am not a guild or group person so none of the above affects me. The point that me and others have made as lovers of strongholds for decorating is that we've be asking for Rishi for years and what they've given us is a huge disappointment. For you, guilds and PvPers it's probably a godsend. The solution for me and others who agree with me is not to buy it, however since there's not much else happening until most likely very late Autumn, the disappointment of the Rishi stronghold raises the sensible question about maintaining my sub or cancelling until something truly PvE related comes out. I'm an EU subber so it's not like it will be noticed.

Okay, let me just start off by saying I get it. You were really looking forward to a Rishi stronghold and the one they're giving players isn't what you had in mind, and is thus a disappointment. But it is a disappointment for you.

Please refrain from saying that the Rishi stronghold ONLY caters to PvP players. Because that's just not accurate. Maybe you're not a big fan of it. Maybe you found a bunch of people who agree with you. But please stop speaking like you represent the entire non-PvP community of the game as if everyone that's not a PvPer is dissatisfied with this stronghold. And it's not just you, so I hope you don't feel like I'm attacking you. There have been plenty of people in this thread and others that have jumped to that same conclusion.

The stronghold is definitely not perfect. The issue of PvP Zones dismounting and dis-companioning is a valid point. As is the numerous trash heaps. But that is no reason to say that all decorators don't like this stronghold whatsoever. I for one enjoy it very much, and I could care less about the PvP aspects. Like I said before, there are problems that I hope to see fixed by launch, but this stronghold is well beyond what I was expecting and personally I have to applaud the devs, because I think this is a very nice stronghold. And please don't try to tell me I'm in the minority in feeling that way. In this thread, maybe, but I have seen many forms of high approval of the stronghold. I point to the SWTOR reddit and Swtorista's stronghold tour as evidence.

Again, I get it that you're not a fan of this stronghold. Maybe the aesthetic is off, or the PvP aspects are just too jarring, or you just had something else in mind and anything different was bound to disappoint. That's fine. But please please please do not act like you speak for everyone else that doesn't do PvP by saying that this stronghold ONLY works for PvP players.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, let me just start off by saying I get it. You were really looking forward to a Rishi stronghold and the one they're giving players isn't what you had in mind, and is thus a disappointment. But it is a disappointment for you.

Please refrain from saying that the Rishi stronghold ONLY caters to PvP players. Because that's just not accurate. Maybe you're not a big fan of it. Maybe you found a bunch of people who agree with you. But please stop speaking like you represent the entire non-PvP community of the game as if everyone that's not a PvPer is dissatisfied with this stronghold. And it's not just you, so I hope you don't feel like I'm attacking you. There have been plenty of people in this thread and others that have jumped to that same conclusion.

Would you be opposed to them delaying the release to make some of the requested changes? I'm not jumping on you, I'm just trying to get a clearer picture of where you're coming from. I can only speak for myself, but aside from the issue with some of the hook layouts, if they added a better building to set up as a residence, and addressed the annoying dismount and dismiss issue, I could probably overlook most of the other stuff that I find disappointing. I do think they ought to come up with a compromise for the trash heaps though, and honestly, buzzing flies are quite possibly one of nature's most annoying sounds.

The lack of a building well suited to residential decorating is probably my biggest issue though, and also, probably the least likely to be addressed. I have found ways of decorating around some of the other things. There are a lot of things to like. I actually enjoy the fact that it's kind of winding and has several different sections. I just wish one of those had a nice place to turn into a home. I did make a quaint little bungalow, but because I had to create a wall to divide it into two rooms I was kind of limited in what I could add to it.

I think we have the greatest chance of being successfully heard, and making PTS testing a regular thing, if we as players, can work together and come up with something of a consensus on some of this stuff. So maybe the first step is to discuss the things we can live with/without, the places we can compromise to find a solution that works on a broad scale, and the things that need to be fixed. This would probably be pretty helpful to the dev team. Most people agree that there should be a way to toggle off the PvP element if desired, a lot of people agree that the hooks could use some work here and there, and then there is a long list of things that one group really cares about, but another group thinks is of little importance.

When the Rishi SH was announced, I was middle of the road because Rishi has areas with such vastly different aesthetics. There's rickety Raider's Cove (when first entering Rishi); one or two story structures (when first leaving Raider's Cove); the bird people village Rishi; and the undeveloped Rishi. I don't like Raider's Cove, nor the Bird people village. I like the look of the other undeveloped (by Rishi's population) parts of the world.

For me, optimal would have been at least a sampling of Rishi's four locales in the the new Stronghold. Compared to the Tatooine and Yavin SHs, where those worlds have a fairly uniform appearance throughout, Rishi has some very different looks on it. The Rishi SH instead relies primarily on part of Raider's Cove, and the ship from the Ravagers operation.

edited to add: Come to think of it, the Rishi SH pretty much is taken from the Ravager's operation. The SH should have been named the "Ravagers Stronghold" and make a Rishi SH another time.

My favored Rishi areas are not part of this SH. I don't like, or am indifferent to, much of the look of the Rishi SH. Other players like or love the look of the Rishi SH. Neither group is right; neither group is wrong. It's personal preference.

For players profoundly unhappy with the Rishi SHs look, I get it. I experienced something along that line with the Manaan SH. I consider the Manaan SH a tolerable fail, no where near as wonderful as I imagined a Manaan SH could be.

I think the Rishi SH was presented as, and is, a PvP-centric Stronghold. I'd be willing to bet cash I can't afford to lose that at some point there was talk about requiring warzone comms to purchase the Rishi SH. Thankfully, not a requirement. But, the Rishi SH is about PvPing, with non-PvPers being able to get it if they want.

To BW I say: you had to have had at least some inkling that making a Rishi Stronghold that mostly ignored the non-Raider's Cove parts of Rishi would meet with grumblings. Numerous posts on wanting a Rishi SH were clear that they weren't looking for a Raider's Cove only SH with a small, side beach on planet. They were looking for some of this, this, and this (my thanks to JennyFlynn for the images). I do think BW is listening to SH enthusiasts. The speeders on the Carrier's deck don't glow blue like the speeders in the Yavin SH. Less large swathes of area without any hooks, although I think there's still room for improvement with that in the Rishi SH. But, yes, I think BW made a, imo, bad choice with the Rishi SH by excluding certain areas of Rishi.

Do I support switching the Cove and Personal Carrier's many debris piles to hooks, and providing (at a very, very low cost) debris pile decos? Yes! Do I think there are inherent problems with the entry area of the Rishi SH? Absolutely. That friggin' PvP area that has to be traveled through to get to the Cove's entrance or the beach annoys me to no end. I'd much prefer to be able to switch off all PvP functionally of the SH or at least have a no PvP path from the landing zone to the Cove entrance and the beach. If I do get a Rishi SH, I'd likely just get the basic unlock for the beach. Because I don't PvP; I don't like the look of the Cove shanty town; and I don't want a ship SH. Just my personal preferences.

I don't support the suggestion to hold up the release of the Rishi SH other than for bug fixes, and hopefully doing something about that first PvP area. Because there are folks who like the Rishi SH as it is, and I think it's unfair to expect them to wait while a lot of new Rishi areas and assets -- that they may have no interest in -- are tacked on to this one. If BW does some major changes before the set release date, I would be very happy about it. We'll find out later this week.

Edited by Nmyownworld

Ok, day 3 of playing with the SH. First I talked about changes needed to specific hooks, then I gave some general thoughts including a suggestion for a new phased area (like the Carrier) that might meet requests for a less slum-like building, and then I mentioned the potential travesty of the Beach Towel decorations and called attention to the issue of caps on strongholds.

Today I want to talk about the new Martial decos and the hook layout of the Sky Deck specifically with an eye to PVP.

For the Martial decos, I actually did a complete run down of each deco with suggested changes to their hook assignments over here in this post (also in the PTS forum). So I will let that link stand and won't take up duplicate space for it here, though if devs are reading this topic and not the other one I'd ask you to peek at that one since I think you could add a lot of versatility to those decos with just a few small tweaks.

Mostly what I want to talk about here is what I see happening with the Arena hook layout on the Sky Deck, and how it works when you have the Large Training Arena deco placed. Again, with an eye to actual PVP.

The ground floor ramp problem: As someone else mentioned here, you absolutely need to add a Large hook smack in front of the built-in ramp that goes from the ground floor up into the scoring area. In fact, you should make that hook partly under that ramp, so that it's possible to really get any Large deco right flush up against the base of the stairs (the limited axes on decos stuck in the center of a Large might not let you get it flush otherwise). It also wouldn't hurt to place additional Large hooks flanking that ramp, or at least Mediums, so that we can truly completely block off this ramp if we wish to and prevent people from just hopping up onto it via a side approach. Without the ability to block this ramp, there's almost no arrangement of hooks or decos that could otherwise be used anywhere else on the Sky Deck floor to not make just staying on the floor the easiest thing you could do to successfully score. There will be no reason at all to play on the arena scaffolding (which is great, btw) without the option to block off those ground floor ramps to the scoring area. (In the points below about hooks you'll see what I mean about it not being possible to keep the floor from being the shortest path to scoring.)

Hook changes for the Arena layout:

• This screencap shows the end side (the side where the scoreboards are) of the Arena layout with the Large Training Arena deco in place. As you can see, the hook on which I've placed that wall is a Large, and that is the largest wall deco I could fit there. It doesn't even come close to effectively blocking this route, or even forming an obstacle worth mentioning. I would suggest making this space a Centerpiece hook set further inward (ie closer to where the Training Arena deco sits) and then placing a Large side-by-side with that Centerpiece between it and the corner of the stairs. With that combination of hooks you could put two large wall decos here and more effectively block off this route.
  • In this screencap you can see a row of Larges running the length of the deck (from scoreboard side to scoreboard side). I suggest really filling up the space here, don't arbitrarily leave gaps like this. Lead off with a Centerpiece followed by two close-by Larges, and then for that middle area that is currently a Large I would actually suggest making it a Centerpiece entirely because, due to it being directly under the lowest point on the ramps, tall decos placed there actually clip up through the ramp, and if you could place one of the super tall Centerpiece walls (like the Stone Wall) there you could effectively block off that ramp entirely and thus make an interesting new game map where players are forced to use the highest level of the Arena to get to the scoring area. (Also, there's essentially no point to this hook at all unless you can do something like that, because it's in a totally nonsensical spot in relation to the Arena otherwise.)
  • Fill up all the open spaces!!!! Seriously, there is way too much hook-less space in this layout. Even if you were to incorporate the changes I suggest above as well as adding hooks by the floor-level ramps, you would still have tons of open space. Wherever there is open space, slap some Mediums and Narrows in there, hell even some Smalls! Seriously, there's no reason this layout shouldn't be carpeted in hooks. You have no idea what incredibly creative things players might want to come up with in making their arenas. What if you want to create the added visual chaos of a bunch of sword-wielding Rakata personnel decos and air-punching angry Selkath down there in the melee with you, just to throw people off? Or create the most hair-pullingly frustrating LOS obstacle course known to man by planting a whole Mirkwood's worth of Nathema dead trees on your deck? Hell, I can even see a lot of fun RP potential for this arena if we could place a bunch of beast mounts out there on a wealth of Medium hooks and RP out being forced to fight an army of Rancors, Gundarks, and Monoliths to win our freedom from the spectating Hutts! ... but we can't do any of that without more hooks. Lots more hooks.
  • Add two more Centerpiece hooks on each side of the ones currently flanking the Huttball podium, basically right under the place where my avatar is standing in this screencap (even if that means it goes under the ramp itself). The reasoning here is that you could then use one of these large wall decos flush against this edge of the ramp to block LOS for a ball pass to or Rescue from a team mate on that corner. That would normally just be smart play, but in an arena this small a pass like that is just a handful of seconds away from a score even starting right at the Huttball podium. (Clipping decos into each other are one of the ways people get most creative with stronghold assets, and this should be no exception.)

The pre-scenario start waiting area. Okay, in a previous post in this thread I asked about why we couldn't reach this area to decorate it, and now (that I'm testing the PVP functions) I understand that this is because it's the waiting area for match start. However... I would suggest that change. First of all, it's very easy (as I discovered multiple times) to jump off too early, get bounced off the forcefield, and plummet to your death. This is a very crappy way to start your match. It's also not necessary. I would suggest making the scoring platform the pre-scenario waiting area. You could put the terminals right up against the lamp posts there. The whole Sky Deck is already very small, and the two seconds' difference between forcing people to jump off the platforms and starting them in the scoring area is negligible. Conversely, if you were to add a grapple point to those platforms and put some hooks on there, you would add a lot to the decorating potential of this deck, because there actually isn't a spectator viewing area otherwise.

Alternatively! Give us a grapple point up to the top of the big orange "awning" at the north (stern side) of the deck, and make that whole area up there a hook-covered spectator's deck. Granted, I think this doesn't work quite as well with the design aesthetic and it's much higher so maybe a grapple point wouldn't work.

Back down at the Hideout, in the Team PVP Area: This screencap shows the central area of the arena, as facing the "viewing platform." Please rearrange hooks here so that we can have two flush side-by-side Larges in this space. The reason is mostly aesthetic, but aesthetics matter! Most of the new wall decos have one side that's a facade and the other that's a back, and without being able to place them back to back in the center we can't get a facade facing both directions. Of course... because the frustrating limit of 20 degrees on the x/y axes prevents us being able to get a Large deco to actually reach the edge of the Large hook we wouldn't be able to get them completely back to back anyway... but maybe if those hooks were also flush flanked by Mediums we could put end walls there and close the formation. Or we could just leave that narrow murder corridor in place, why not?

Although honestly... there's no reason this entire arena shouldn't be completely carpeted, flush against each other all along, with nothing but Large Standard Arrangement hooks. That would give us ultimate versatility in creating bizarre arenas, because Large Standard Arrangement hooks can be broken down in all sorts of ways, and then we could do whatever we wanted and wouldn't be forced to contend with arbitrarily placed Mediums when there is otherwise tons of open space for Larges. Use Mediums and Narrows only in the awkwardly shaped corners where nothing else would fit.

This and please please fix the wall hooks in the Sun Room. My hanging plant should not be on the floor when it goes on the wall.

I didn't think about the height of these hooks when I first made my post suggesting hook layout changes, but this is a very good point. Rather than changing the height of the current hooks though (because that height is good for artwork and monitors), I would suggest adding a second row of hooks above that one. Because Casirabit is completely right, the Hanging Plants (which would look absolutely great in this room and make it feel less grungy) clip through the floor even set as high as they can go.

Alternatively, make these Large wall hooks instead of Mediums. Yes, it would cut across the pipe, and yes the wall is slanted... but the walls are slanted in other rooms in this SH where Large hooks are placed, and some decos still work even so. More importantly, Large hooks can be broken into stacked Mediums and that would also solve problems like this one. (Large hooks would also let us place some of the fountain and waterfall decos in here which would be great.)

Of course... increasing our x/y axes to 30 or 40 would also fix this problem. If you're looking for alternatives. :D

Edited by JediBoadicea

The stronghold is definitely not perfect. The issue of PvP Zones dismounting and dis-companioning is a valid point. As is the numerous trash heaps. But that is no reason to say that all decorators don't like this stronghold whatsoever. I for one enjoy it very much, and I could care less about the PvP aspects. Like I said before, there are problems that I hope to see fixed by launch, but this stronghold is well beyond what I was expecting and personally I have to applaud the devs, because I think this is a very nice stronghold. And please don't try to tell me I'm in the minority in feeling that way. In this thread, maybe, but I have seen many forms of high approval of the stronghold. I point to the SWTOR reddit and Swtorista's stronghold tour as evidence.

Again, I get it that you're not a fan of this stronghold. Maybe the aesthetic is off, or the PvP aspects are just too jarring, or you just had something else in mind and anything different was bound to disappoint. That's fine. But please please please do not act like you speak for everyone else that doesn't do PvP by saying that this stronghold ONLY works for PvP players.

Can I just have a "like"-button on the forums? I'm getting tired of being told the decorators supposedly hate this stronghold as if I and several other people don't count as decorators for some reason -- or that RPers hate this stronghold when I've seen many positive comments from RP community about being able to hold events there.

I don't think it's fair to say *all* decorators hate this, and if I've made that error in the past I do apologize. But I do think it's accurate to say that:

1. Judging from the comments, the demographic who is the most enthusiastic about this stronghold overall seem to be those who are fans of the PvP features. Some decorators do love the aesthetic and there are certainly some people who do both PvP and decorate who also love it, but the most comments I see here and on Reddit are people who are raving about the PvP fun.

2. There are a sizable number of people who are not happy with it based on aesthetics, hook placement, forced PvP issues or some combination of the three.

3. There are also quite a few people who didn't expect this particular region of Rishi to be the focus for the stronghold. and are thus disappointed. I know that there are people saying "but that's Rishi," but we see four different environments on the planet, and the shanty town is only one of them. The codex entries for Rishi and Raiders' Cove make several references to the planet as a "tropical pearl," a vacation destination and an "oasis."

The Rishii village, the area just outside of Raider's Cove and the Revanite area are all very pretty and meet that "tropical pearl" description, so IMHO it really wasn't an unrealistic expectation that the devs would choose a pretty part of the planet for the stronghold. In fact I'm pretty surprised they went with this.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

I don't think it's fair to say *all* decorators hate this, and if I've made that error in the past I do apologize. But I do think it's accurate to say that:

1. Judging from the comments, the demographic who is the most enthusiastic about this stronghold overall seem to be those who are fans of the PvP features. Some decorators do love the aesthetic and there are certainly some people who do both PvP and decorate who also love it, but the most comments I see here and on Reddit are people who are raving about the PvP fun.

2. There are a sizable number of people who are not happy with it based on aesthetics, hook placement, forced PvP issues or some combination of the three.

3. There are also quite a few people who didn't expect this particular region of Rishi to be the focus for the stronghold. and are thus disappointed. I know that there are people saying "but that's Rishi," but we see four different environments on the planet, and the shanty town is only one of them. The codex entries for Rishi and Raiders' Cove make several references to the planet as a "tropical pearl," a vacation destination and an "oasis."

The Rishii village, the area just outside of Raider's Cove and the Revanite area are all very pretty and meet that "tropical pearl" description, so IMHO it really wasn't an unrealistic expectation that the devs would choose a pretty part of the planet for the stronghold. In fact I'm pretty surprised they went with this.

I think these are all accurate comments (and I do appreciate the apology, no harm done :) ). I'd rather get rid of the pvp area too (again, I want my GTN there, but I need to be able to bring my companion to the GTN!), so I even agree with that part, and I wouldn't mind if devs got rid of some of the thrash piles (it would still have the "shabby pirate town"-feeling I'm happy for but it would work better as something else, too). But I can't say I'm not happy they decided to make a stronghold for those who love Rishi not because it's pretty, but because it's like Nar Shaddaa but with beaches, not with hutts. :p

I didn't think about the height of these hooks when I first made my post suggesting hook layout changes, but this is a very good point. Rather than changing the height of the current hooks though (because that height is good for artwork and monitors), I would suggest adding a second row of hooks above that one. Because Casirabit is completely right, the Hanging Plants (which would look absolutely great in this room and make it feel less grungy) clip through the floor even set as high as they can go.

Alternatively, make these Large wall hooks instead of Mediums. Yes, it would cut across the pipe, and yes the wall is slanted... but the walls are slanted in other rooms in this SH where Large hooks are placed, and some decos still work even so. More importantly, Large hooks can be broken into stacked Mediums and that would also solve problems like this one. (Large hooks would also let us place some of the fountain and waterfall decos in here which would be great.)

Of course... increasing our x/y axes to 30 or 40 would also fix this problem. If you're looking for alternatives. :D

Yea large hooks was what I was actually hoping for. I was using the Makeb centerpiece decoration and was going to add the waterfalls to the walls and found out couldn't then I said okay then just more plants and found out my plant is still clipping the ground when it was supposed to be hanging.

Edited by casirabit

I appreciate the efforts you guys put forth, but the stronghold is a huge disappointment for me. I had hoped we would get more of a resort like atmosphere with a decent stretch of beach and a nice building we could decorate nicely, and instead we get something that looks like slums. The ramps and decks are useless to me, I see no good way of decorating these things, and the pvp area is lost on me. It's just me, only I will be in the house, maybe a couple of invited guests at max.

I was dreaming of a nice island resort and you gave us slums with a rinky dink beach. It would've been far nicer if you had put a home in the part of Rishi where the bird people live, where there are nice waterfalls and bodies of water and stone areas.

I'm sorry but I just don't care for the glum, shanty, slum you've provided. I don't want to live in poverty in my video game world, thanks. Why can't you guys ever make something nice and tasteful? Manaan was nice, but the hook layout abysmal. It would be nice to have a very large home, with many hooks and well placed at that. I really don't know what I'm going to do with a dark ship, a dark shanty town with ramps and platforms and a cave.

Why can't we just have a really nice large house in a really scenic location? I don't want to live in a dump, thanks. :(

Can I be honest?

Nothing about Rishi screamed to me "beachside resort".

It's a pirate town.

In regards to the wall hooks and the hanging plants, aside from the fact they they can't be raised high enough, on the few walls they can be hung, they hang crooked because of the curve of the walls. While this is not really a big issue and one I don't think has to be addressed I did want to bring it up. Any decos that hang, do so crookedly.

In regards to the wall hooks and the hanging plants, aside from the fact they they can't be raised high enough, on the few walls they can be hung, they hang crooked because of the curve of the walls. While this is not really a big issue and one I don't think has to be addressed I did want to bring it up. Any decos that hang, do so crookedly.

Wasn't worried about them hanging crooked, my problem is they are still on the floor even when I have it maxed on the wall and a wall plant shouldn't be still on the floor.

https://imgur.com/WTYjspU

Edited by casirabit

Wasn't worried about them hanging crooked, my problem is they are still on the floor even when I have it maxed on the wall and a wall plant shouldn't be still on the floor.

https://imgur.com/WTYjspU

It's not a game breaker by any means, but something I thought I'd point out for the devs. I don't expect them to fix it. It's a super teeny thing, I'm just OCD and will probably refrain from hanging plants, but again, not particularly significant.

It's not a game breaker by any means, but something I thought I'd point out for the devs. I don't expect them to fix it. It's a super teeny thing, I'm just OCD and will probably refrain from hanging plants, but again, not particularly significant.

Well, if they're going to do a thing, they may as well get it right. What's the point in making a nice hanging plant, only to eff up the hooks and have it sit where it shouldn't.

It's game breaking to me, when I can't make my decorations behave as they were designed to do. If they're going to inflict pvp on decorators, and a lack of a proper building to decorate, the very freaking least they can do is get the hook placements to our satisfaction. It's not much to ask for. :(

Edited by Lunafox

Can I be honest?

It's a pirate town.

No you can't be honest Zion. You're not allowed. Hush. :p;)

Part of it is a pirate town, sure, but there are plenty of other parts that aren't. It's a tropical setting and people have been asking for a tropical resort for years. I'm pretty sure people didn't want Rishi cause of its piratey-ness (is that a word? well it is now) but because they desired a warm, sunny, tropical climate for a vacation home. It seemed unlikely that they would give us Rakata Prime, because it only exists in a flash point, but if it were possible to get Rakata Prime, that would've been so much better, but for me, I was trying to be reasonable, by requesting tropical property that already existed as a world.

Edited by Lunafox

Part of it is a pirate town, sure, but there are plenty of other parts that aren't. It's a tropical setting and people have been asking for a tropical resort for years. I'm pretty sure people didn't want Rishi cause of its piratey-ness (is that a word? well it is now) but because they desired a warm, sunny, tropical climate for a vacation home. It seemed unlikely that they would give us Rakata Prime, because it only exists in a flash point, but if it were possible to get Rakata Prime, that would've been so much better, but for me, I was trying to be reasonable, by requesting tropical property that already existed as a world.

I think Copero could make for a nice option as well. Of course, I could be biased considering most of my toons are Chiss, lol. I do think Copero is beautiful though. I've actually gone into the fp and forgotten to do the quest fp part because I got distracted by looking around, lol.

I think Copero could make for a nice option as well. Of course, I could be biased considering most of my toons are Chiss, lol. I do think Copero is beautiful though. I've actually gone into the fp and forgotten to do the quest fp part because I got distracted by looking around, lol.

I think a Copero stronghold would be amazing, either an apartment in town or a penthouse overlooking that beautiful sunset over the water.

However the cynic in me now thinks they'd just give us the factory warehouse, turn Syntic Zenda's room into a PvP arena and call it a stronghold.

Can I be honest?

It's a pirate town.

So a boardwalk lined with Art Deco buildings and colorful merchant stalls leading to a beach full of sunbathers and bordering on a tropical paradise doesn’t seem like a beach resort to you? Not to mention the cantina with scantily clad fire dancers? I can’t imagine how it could get more beach resorty.

I can't understand how 'pirate town" translates to "slum." It seems like there are other parts they could have used even in Raiders' Cove. I spent some time wandering around Raiders' Cove again today. You do have the slum area that looks like the stronghold but you also have:

People on the beach in their trunks, with lounge chairs and canopies nearby.

https://imgur.com/a/ZcTBbh9

https://imgur.com/a/uB6Bx16

Lots of very neat and clean buildings that are not made out of pieces of scrap metal.

https://imgur.com/a/YpfvJv6

https://imgur.com/a/8AGgrZX

https://imgur.com/a/IW63Oj1

Most of the boardwalk is also neat and clean, even if the buildings look scrappy. No flies or piles of garbage everywhere.

https://imgur.com/a/LNzydB2

https://imgur.com/a/tUGSH8n

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Can we put the arguing on hold for a bit until we actually see what they are going to do and then we can argue and fuss again at them?

Lol, I like this idea. Really, we can argue until we're blue in the face, it's a matter of taste and perception so no one is really right or wrong. I'm eager to see what they plan on adjusting. I have my hopes, of course, but I don't know what kinds of changes are on the table, or even options.

Manaan is not much more than a flashpoint and they made a stronghold out of that. I think if you want a tropical beach resort type stronghold, you should keep pushing for Rakata Prime. Just be sure to inspect all areas of the FP first and make sure there aren't things you dislike about it and weren't expecting.

Manaan is not much more than a flashpoint and they made a stronghold out of that. I think if you want a tropical beach resort type stronghold, you should keep pushing for Rakata Prime. Just be sure to inspect all areas of the FP first and make sure there aren't things you dislike about it and weren't expecting.

Oh yeah forgot about that. Thanks PennyAnn :) You're probably right, if they could do it for Manaan, they should be able to do it for Rakata Prime. I like pretty much all of it, except for Revan's leaning skyscraper. The planet is very pretty, but it would require a decent house for decorating. :)