So....... the new augments

Sattee

• Dev Post
When will we start getting info about this?

I know yall are wrapped around discussing conquest, but that's your own fault. Shouldn't of "fixed" something that wasn't broken, and was perfectly fine. I don't really care about conquest, not my cup of tea, but I do want to know about the new augments. Any timeline on when you guys will start giving us details about them?

For both Augments and the Class changes coming in 5.9, those posts are in the works right now. My goal is to have both of them out next week.

-eric

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For both Augments and the Class changes coming in 5.9, those posts are in the works right now. My goal is to have both of them out next week.

-eric

Class changes? Again? Please tell me these aren't another round of nerfs Eric...we did that ALL of 2017...

-eric

Why do i have a bad feeling that devs are are preparing something we wont like for both augments and class changes :/

There will be another round of nerfs, and the new augments will bring us back to the current, already-nerfed, level.

Nah... they need to spend a entire year on these nerfs and THEN add in augments... or maybe they will add in more augments, nerf the classes, and then add a whole new layer to grind.

Either way... I look forward to that post Eric.

-eric

DONT make the mats need for these augs obtainable in WZ or RANKED. I tired of BW forcing people in WZ that dont want to be in warzones to get mats, it bad enough if filled with people now that dont give **** about objectives cause all they want is easy cxp.

STOP Ruing WZ even more with this BS

-eric

Class changes? I enjoy playing multiple classes and specs, but if yah keep making some less viable than others, why continue to have so many DPS specs? Going the Ole Galaxies route? Narrow it down to only a few?

Why do i have a bad feeling that devs are are preparing something we wont like for both augments and class changes :/

Because they don't even remotely know how to deliver something we'd like - because they are 100% out of touch the playerbase, and their game philosophy is 100% opposed to that of the players.

We want fun - they want boring grind.

All The Best

-eric

You do a terrible job...

The streams, the posts, everything is information that the players already know or that displeases them.... Some ppl might disagree but the overall feeling is that your posts are not constructive in any way.

I would rather if you and (what remains of the) team would not say a word, as you used to some years ago, but at least delivered some kind of content.

Also you and the team are really out of touch with the community. These changes that bring more fixes to the normal state, so reverting stuff back, is basically throwing sand to ppl eyes and call them fixes according to the community. Never have i been so displeased with a company, a dev team and a game

Edited by LordAppius

You do a terrible job...

The streams, the posts, everything is information that the players already know or that displeases them.... Some ppl might disagree but the overall feeling is that your posts are not constructive in any way.

I would rather if you and (what remains of the) team would not say a word, as you used to some years ago, but at least delivered some kind of content.

Also you and the team are really out of touch with the community. These changes that bring more fixes to the normal state, so reverting stuff back, is basically throwing sand to ppl eyes and call them fixes according to the community. Never have i been so displeased with a company, a dev team and a game

Wrong. Not everyone gets information the same way.

Here is my prediction for new augment.

*We currently have 236 version so either they will make new one with 248 stats to match T4 gears.

**Another change that they keep 236 stats but adding the special effect that only work in Master Mode OPS like 2%~5% damage up or whatever the special effect they wanted. So the mats required to craft will stay the same but the item only works in MM OPS, they can make a few version of special effects but player can only equip 1 at a time.

They already have coding to verify if you are in a MM op because of the Crystal of Nightmare Fury, so your suggestion isn't out of scope. I like the concept of augments having special abilities, but not the restrictions. I highly doubt they will add in a chase/grind for augments that can only be used in five operations out of the ten (technically fourteen if you include TC, CM, Eyeless, Xeno), and some of the oldest ones to boot. Especially since such a restriction excludes their newest op and the devs specifically mentioned these augments would be to help people clear VM GotM.

But yeah, why the secrecy? I just want to know if I need to reverse engineer those 236 augments because they are about to become obsolete, or if the new ones will have different breakdown of primary/secondary/tertiary stats.

Do you mean the first mmo? :d_cool:

Some people have called it that.. but it is an incorrect descriptor. :D

No no... the game that was a movie before the first MMO :rak_01:.

Nope.. but the game did have a movie released in recent history.

-eric

Praying they aren't nerfs to base stats because of the augments.

Edited by Tahana

-eric

Eric, something that is concerning some pvpers is the affect these new Augments will have in pvp and the way bolster currently works and the lvl is set.

Here is a quote from one of my posts describing the problems and possible ways to fix it.

One thing I am concerned about is the bigger gear divide between the 242 Bolster and the people with 248 gear and these new Augment stats.

As it is now, if you equip Augments before you have all your gear at 242 or above, Bolster just gives you less stats than if you had no Augments.

IMO, Augments should not be included in the bolstered numbers. Bolster should only take your actual gear stats into account. That way if you only have 230 or 236 gear, it will still Bolster to 242 and you can add or not add Augments if you like.

At the moment there is a “have” and “have not” situation applied to people who are trying to gear. Not only do the 248 geared people have a lot more stats than people who are geared to bolster 242, they can also apply even more stats with Augments to make the gap even bigger.

Essentially, fully top geared (248) people are not just 2 gear lvls above 242, they are more like 4 levels when you consider Bioware changed Bolster to 242 when Augments were still the old ones of versatile, fortitude, etc, which made them 3 lvls above 242. Then they added the current new ones and essentially added another lvl to gear above 242 Bolster. These new Augs will push that to 5 lvls above 242.

Basically, people below 242 gear are at as big of a disadvantaged as possible because if you use Augments, it will not give you any Bolster.

When they add these newer Augments it will be even worse for people using Bolster to gear up to get past 242. You will then have an even bigger gear gap than we did before they changed Bolster to 242.

Gear gods will rule again and people trying to gear will get frustrated and stop pvping to gear up or stop pvping period. This will be bad for pvp if even more people stop queuing.

I predict the new Augments are going to cause problems in pvp if they don’t change the system of how Bolster works.

The easiest and most elegant fix will be to change bolster so that it doesn’t include Augments when calculating the numbers. It should be except from the Bolster calculations. That way nobody is disadvantaged by adding these newer Augments or any Augments for that matter

The other options aren’t as elegant and may even break Bolster.

1. Raise Bolster to 248. But still make it so adding Augments are detrimental.

2. Make it so the newer Augments (including the current new ones) don’t give you those higher stats in pvp. Basically putting a artificial cap on stats so they aren’t too OP compared to bolstered stats. (IMO, this is the worst idea)

Edited by TrixxieTriss

-eric

Will you tell us the whole truth this time, or will you take your usual tact and leave out information that you want to keep secret but should tell us in advance of these changes?

I certainly hope it does not affect normal tanks. However, based on the nerfs of the past, I expect to see all tanks suffer from what they do in 'fixing' the pseudo-tanks.

Seeing as i personally seriously doubt they're going to address gearing in any way, much less have the time or resources to actually address it. Yeah this is going to be a straight damage nerf. Probably with no consideration of the impact on PvE. 8n other words, another proverbial slap on the face for tanks. Guess we should be used to getting punched in the face.

Will you tell us the whole truth this time, or will you take your usual tact and leave out information that you want to keep secret but should tell us in advance of these changes?

Like conquest changes, server mergers, Class CXP bonus and truthful a multitude of other things. You can bet bioware will NOT in any way be entirely forthcoming with the all the specifics.

Edited by Quraswren

For the new augment mats it was already stated it will use the current mats-I will assume in larger quantity though

we will see how it will work out for pvp, they did say its not gonna provide any advantage in there,, but who knows, according to them these are for NiM raiders(their word)

as for class balance they said we will get utility changes(some of them I can guess right away), and something to do with skank tanks, but we will see the details.

Edited by LadyHF