Roadmap Update - Spring 2018

KeithKanneg

Sorry, I have zero sympathy for anyone who "torches" all their toons as some sort of idiotic protest. If I leave a game, I leave. And yes, I have left games before and returned later, on multiple occasions. EQ, EQ2, Rift (multiple times), and SWTOR at one point, even left my WOW toons there though I've not gone back there now in seven years.

And I was sure glad I kept all my toons around when I returned to a game. Often I found the game a lot more fun and I was able to let go of the hyper expectations and just play for fun.

So no sympathy here. If someone wants to leave, fine. But lighting up your own play time as some sort of fickle symbolic protest does nothing. What does count is when you cancel that subscription. That's what they notice.

Same. Trust me, I've deleted tons of characters over the years in many games I've played, but I didn't make a 'woe is me' post about it, nor did I stop my subscription. I just needed room or wasn't feeling that character. Say I were to leave SWTOR for a while, either due to money or just frustrated and need a break, I'm not deleting my toons. Hell, I'm still annoyed they facerolled Copero solo flashpoint for the complainers, making it boring, and annoyed about level sync on planets. But I didn't get huffy and delete my toons. I just stopped playing for a few days, and came right back to my toons I put too much work into.

He/she's probably a young person who does stuff like this when their mad. Like going to 7-11 and not being allowed to buy cigs or alcohol due to age or no ID and just making a mess with their tantrum of knocking displays down. (Those types of customers deserve a punch in the face)

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He basically confirmed that 6.0 is the last content update. #RIPSWTOR

Dude, you are getting mighty annoying. I have to actually /ignore you.

It's one thing to be worried that the game may end or may go into maintenance mode or whatever, it's another to keep this tirade up. It's getting very annoying and is just too down for me. If others are smart they'll do the same, but I can't speak for others. Good bye.

He basically confirmed that 6.0 is the last content update. #RIPSWTOR

Absolutely baseless statement... And you've been doing the same in various threads. The person above suggesting /ignore has the right idea.

Edited by Valceanu

This is no coincidence. We all wouldn't have seen this posting without the insider information article and bad rumors going around. If it's just a pr gig to counterstrike the pr disaster caused by said article or has any credibility - we will see I guess. .

How? You are so willing to accept what an un-named source said in a crappy blog, but not believe the Lead designer?

See I understand that the game may go into maintenance mode one day, or may even be shut down one day, but this guy I put on ignore just keeps stoking this fire. The CEO of EA could come on here and tell him/her that the game will last forever and this person would still say the sky is falling with meteors and lava.

If you look at the grand scheme of things, anything could happen. The game could continue its run until 2025 and you could get hit by a car tomorrow. The game could close down at the end of the year and the most likely scenario is we won't be able to stop it. There is always the possibility of.

However, that doesn't mean we shouldn't and cannot be concerned about it. It doesn't mean we're all being drama queens for dreading the end of the game and wanting to express how much we love the game in the faint hope the studio might throw a hail mary to keep it going for a while longer after all.

Have we been stressing for no good reason? Possibly, but I have no regrets over expressing my concerns and voicing my hope that this game will go on. I don't regret sharing how passionate I am about this game, even if it stems from fear of.

It's a shame there are those who feel the need to parent and belittle others for their reaction and opinions in terms of such articles and a roadmap announcement. We're not all cut from the same cloth, and that's okay too.

This is true, just have to take it one day at a time. None of us can be sure, and we certainly don't have control. I'm fighting to stay positive about it and for me Keith's words helped a bit, to assure us that there is content coming and that we'll be fine through 2018 anyway, though I have hope for more like everyone else.

I agree, there's no point belittling anyone for their thoughts, because people react differently as you say. It's never great to hear that something beloved may be coming to an end, but I also see the point of a few others that people have been prognisticating this games doom from the off. I hope the doom and gloomers continue to be wrong. :)

Wait a second Jenny, if he plays yours he plays mine too since I hate pvp lol. :p

Hahha, I can see Keith leading a conga line through his pvp battles with all the people wanting Elite Warlord. He can take mine through too, atleast until I finish augmenting so I don't get trounced so much lol.

This is true, just have to take it one day at a time. None of us can be sure, and we certainly don't have control. I'm fighting to stay positive about it and for me Keith's words helped a bit, to assure us that there is content coming and that we'll be fine through 2018 anyway, though I have hope for more like everyone else.

I agree, there's no point belittling anyone for their thoughts, because people react differently as you say. It's never great to hear that something beloved may be coming to an end, but I also see the point of a few others that people have been prognisticating this games doom from the off. I hope the doom and gloomers continue to be wrong. :)

Hahha, I can see Keith leading a conga line through his pvp battles with all the people wanting Elite Warlord. He can take mine through too, atleast until I finish augmenting so I don't get trounced so much lol.

Keith's words helped a bit, and I do believe that at least for most of 2018 we still have plenty to look forward to. After, who knows? I also appreciate he put this out today because while it doesn't address the article, it does offer a positive note.

Lol, he can do mine without augments, I'm sure he's skilled enough to handle the trouncing. :D

Edited by JennyFlynn

I fail to see what people in this thread are so happy about. Literally the only thing Keith said that he can't talk about anything. And the mention of 6.0 in no way, shape or form means we are actually getting 6.0.

It pains me to see that so many people are so gullible.:(

The reason why the world's a mess is that nobody's content with what they have or what they can get. That attitude more than corporate greed will destroy this game. Thanks a lot devs for all your hard work. Keep earning those necessary paychecks for you and yours'!

I fail to see what people in this thread are so happy about. Literally the only thing Keith said that he can't talk about anything. And the mention of 6.0 in no way, shape or form means we are actually getting 6.0.

A true Pessimist...

Pessimist

[pes-uh-mist]

noun

a person who habitually sees or anticipates the worst or is disposed to be gloomy.

This. While there was an awful lot of drama about a single sentence in an article, there's a starting to be a lot of drama the other way. Read his post critically without reading in to it.

Take Keith at his word, literally. He wrote he wasn't ready to talk about 6.0. That doesn't mean there is a 6.0. It also doesn't mean the evil EA overlord has its greedy little paw on the power cord to SW:TOR. There may be a 6.0 and they're honing the code behind it now and it'll be available "later." It may also be that Bioware decides that its resources are better spent elsewhere than this game and 6.0 (no matter how content heavy or lite it may be) never sees the light of day. That's one thing executives do, plan the best allocation of limited resources. Hence "not ready."

Wait for the producer's road map. It will answer our questions either directly, or indirectly by showing something other than a dribble of content. And if there is no road map in mid-February? Well that answers your questions as well.

Go play the game and enjoy it while you can because someday it will shut down.

This is an incredibly high-quality post. Read this. Seriously, whatever your position on this...whether you're convinced the end is near, whether you think Keith's post makes everything better...stop, set yourself, your previously stated position, and any desire to "be right" aside, and read it.

Keith's post is simply Act II of Much Ado About Nothing. At best, it returns us to the steady state as of Wed afternoon: we know nothing either way.

How? You are so willing to accept what an un-named source said in a crappy blog, but not believe the Lead designer?

What did he really tell you?

Road Map is 2+ months late and while they have plans for a 6.0 you know nothing about it or if it gets scrapped by the time it actually gets here. Not even a possible release or if it has content that one would consider a real expansion and not something shallow bioware has dropped on us before.

You're willing to accept some crumbs and vague PR as this huge things and all you got was, sorry can't talk about anything not even 6.0.

Talk about giving someone to much credit for so little. keith went though all that trouble to post at all and still didn't mention the drama article thats been going on here for 2 days. What kind of management does lets that kind of negativity continue unhindered? Poor management thats what kind.

Edited by Quraswren

This is an incredibly high-quality post. Read this. Seriously, whatever your position on this...whether you're convinced the end is near, whether you think Keith's post makes everything better...stop, set yourself, your previously stated position, and any desire to "be right" aside, and read it.

Keith's post is simply Act II of Much Ado About Nothing. At best, it returns us to the steady state as of Wed afternoon: we know nothing either way.

Here's where I slightly disagree with you. I read Keith's words very, very carefully. He said he wasn't prepared to discuss what was "included in 6.0." That implies, BY DEFINITION, that something is included in 6.0, which presupposes there is a 6.0.

Had he simply said, "I won't discuss 6.0" -- that would be one thing. But he said, I won't provide "any information on what is included." Those are two very, very different statements.

Can EA always pull the plug? Of course -- that has always been the case. But his post -- including the literal reading of it -- suggests that is not yet taking place. The sturm und drang over the past couple days is whether or not the game is entering maintenance mode. There is no indication that is the case; in fact, the opposite.

You may say it's Much Ado About Nothing but for many of us we take solace, even comfort because we don't "see a dagger before our eyes," to mix Shakespeare and throw in Macbeth. At a minimum, he reinforced the position that there is content in the pipeline and the game is not entering maintenance mode -- for some of us, that is a welcome statement.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

What's worse, is I fear they will string us along until the launch Anthem, at which point they may shut us down. And all the content they already have saved up will only be trickle fed to us. Let's face, I think we are on life support.