Roadmap Update - Spring 2018

KeithKanneg

happy? People having enormous angst over a single sentence and joy over no announcement of 6.0? And as i said, don't read into the producers post. And don't do that to mine either. I'm not the one brooding here.

Eventually this game will die. When? I haven't a clue. And yes, eventually the earth will be absorbed into the sun as it enters its red giant phase. Then eventually the sun will become a white dwarf then a black dwarf. And we will all be gone long before any of that happens. And so will this game. It's the cycle of everything. There's nothing dark or ominous about it. It just is.

Let those who are paid to negotiate sw:tor's future do so. When it's time to tell us they will. Until then go play the game and enjoy it. Or don't. Either way it won't matter as to the fate of this game, its expansions, or lack thereof, or anything else other than your pocketbooks.

+10 :)

I think a core issue, generally speaking, with gamers is they are for the most part transactional thinkers and are only interested in the next marshmallow to drop.. so they can consume it quickly and then cry starvation again. There is not a lot of long term thinking in the forum with respect to the game itself.

Edited by Andryah

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Keith. The fact that we know there is a 6.0 planned in the works is what I was hoping to hear. It seems these forums will be graced and blessed with my brilliant presence for the remainder of 2018. :rak_03:

Of course, it wouldn't be the SWTOR forums if some trolls weren't already asking...

But what comes after 6.0? :rak_02:

Give a mouse a cookie, and it's gonna want a glass of milk.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

If you look at the grand scheme of things, anything could happen. The game could continue its run until 2025 and you could get hit by a car tomorrow. The game could close down at the end of the year and the most likely scenario is we won't be able to stop it. There is always the possibility of.

However, that doesn't mean we shouldn't and cannot be concerned about it. It doesn't mean we're all being drama queens for dreading the end of the game and wanting to express how much we love the game in the faint hope the studio might throw a hail mary to keep it going for a while longer after all.

Have we been stressing for no good reason? Possibly, but I have no regrets over expressing my concerns and voicing my hope that this game will go on. I don't regret sharing how passionate I am about this game, even if it stems from fear of.

It's a shame there are those who feel the need to parent and belittle others for their reaction and opinions in terms of such articles and a roadmap announcement. We're not all cut from the same cloth, and that's okay too.

I don't see how this will be enough to end the "game is entering maintenance mode" talk. A direct comment that 6.0 actually is an expansion with large amounts of content is what's needed to end that. After seeing what 5.7 was we do not have proof yet that 6.0 is substantial content.

Direct substantial communication is needed.

Edited by annabethchase

Thanks for incoming 6.0. Hype BUT ....

the Roadmap which should be available in mid-February
- last flashpoint should be available on February but for now it's looks like we need wait for last flashpoint MUCH longer than for others. Its ridiculous. Or maybe you wanna say last flashpoint it's your 6.0?

This is not good .. December zero story, January zero story (only little 2 min cutscenes what my Sage can't start because it's for smuggler and Sith), February zero story. I'm stuck on Rishi with Sith because of bugs, i'm stuck on Iokath with another Sith because of bug. Wonderful.

ya well how about you fix some things like trying to beat vaylin,s spirit it is imposable to do I don't mind hard but not imposable and yes I do pay to play this game that helps to keep you on a job I have some toons that I have been trying to defeat vaylin,s spirit from day one it came out so some thing needs to be dune about it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.:mad:

Not sure if troll, but probably is troll. Anyways, Vaylin is easy Valky is easy, especially on story, probably got crappy gear or something.

If you look at the grand scheme of things, anything could happen. The game could continue its run until 2025 and you could get hit by a car tomorrow. The game could close down at the end of the year and the most likely scenario is we won't be able to stop it. There is always the possibility of.

However, that doesn't mean we shouldn't and cannot be concerned about it. It doesn't mean we're all being drama queens for dreading the end of the game and wanting to express how much we love the game in the faint hope the studio might throw a hail mary to keep it going for a while longer after all.

Have we been stressing for no good reason? Possibly, but I have no regrets over expressing my concerns and voicing my hope that this game will go on. I don't regret sharing how passionate I am about this game, even if it stems from fear of.

It's a shame there are those who feel the need to parent and belittle others for their reaction and opinions in terms of such articles and a roadmap announcement. We're not all cut from the same cloth, and that's okay too.

While I shared my fair share of concerns, I didn't feel the need myself to accept that the world was ending, I love this game too, I am not any less passionate about it than the people who assumed the worst instantly, but seeing 12+ Threads on the same topic needlessly causes fear into people. We're all concerned, I get it, I was too. But a random article talking about "leaked" information does not mean we all have the facts.

I'm sure "the end" of SWTOR has been discussed, it shouldn't really surprise anyone, but at this point, it doesn't seem to be more than that.

As for making fun of others for having concerns, it's not really needed, but seeing people call fire when someone lights a candle is absurd in my eyes.

And while there may have been some tugging and pushing, nobody got exactly uncivilized. It's only natural that discussions on forums something get a little heated. Nobody from what I've seen got out of line.

EDIT:

Though I guess we all have different opinions of what is out of line, for one it can be someone saying "dooooom11!1" and for the other it's personal attacks.

Edited by Eshvara

You wot m8? It is easy even without Lord Dramath, just get the healing orbs, stay away from her aoe or go the ultra easy mode with Lord Dramath as a companion for the fight with her (keep him in the holocron, dark side option). This is on you, no the devs.

I have dune that it did not work you don't know what you r talking about

:mad::rak_01::rak_04::rak_02:

This announcement is too little too late for Tsillah, not even one full day after he torched all of his toons.

And we've seen announcements before. TIme now is for some serious follow-through on it.

Sorry, I have zero sympathy for anyone who "torches" all their toons as some sort of idiotic protest. If I leave a game, I leave. And yes, I have left games before and returned later, on multiple occasions. EQ, EQ2, Rift (multiple times), and SWTOR at one point, even left my WOW toons there though I've not gone back there now in seven years.

And I was sure glad I kept all my toons around when I returned to a game. Often I found the game a lot more fun and I was able to let go of the hyper expectations and just play for fun.

So no sympathy here. If someone wants to leave, fine. But lighting up your own play time as some sort of fickle symbolic protest does nothing. What does count is when you cancel that subscription. That's what they notice.

Well, this is a pleasant surprise. Hello Keith and thank you for letting us know you're still among the living.

Your second Elite Warlord...wow, gratz. *is envious*

I'm pleased to hear your holidays were nice and that you're busy working on THIS game. I look forward to the map and what lies ahead.

Thank you for taking the time to post, you really ought to do it more often. :)

I’m not ready to discuss all of the summer events and beyond that we’re planning. And, I definitely will not provide any information on what’s included in 6.0 ;).

This is the part that worries me. Not so much whether the game will shut down, but at what pace can they release content. Separating summer events from 6.0 would indicate there won't be any major game updates until after summer. I'd also anticipate "summer events" to indicate we'll be getting some more Gree, Rakghoul, and Bounty Hunter events as usual.

The delay in the road map makes it pretty obvious that their original content plans were scrapped, downsized, or delayed due to resource constraints. If anything, I think this post convinces me more that the Kotaku article was 100% accurate. The decision on maintenance mode may be up in the air or already decided one way or the other, but I think 6.0 was intended to be announced in some form with the December update and resources going to Anthem pushed that release back to Winter. Likely no substantial information from this roadmap covering 90 days with the 6.0 announcement coming in Summer optimistically.

While I shared my fair share of concerns, I didn't feel the need myself to accept that the world was ending, I love this game too, I am not any less passionate about it than the people who assumed the worst instantly, but seeing 12+ Threads on the same topic needlessly causes fear into people. We're all concerned, I get it, I was too. But a random article talking about "leaked" information does not mean we all have the facts.

I'm sure "the end" of SWTOR has been discussed, it shouldn't really surprise anyone, but at this point, it doesn't seem to be more than that.

As for making fun of others for having concerns, it's not really needed, but seeing people call fire when someone lights a candle is absurd in my eyes.

And while there may have been some tugging and pushing, nobody got exactly uncivilized. It's only natural that discussions on forums something get a little heated. Nobody from what I've seen got out of line.

EDIT:

Though I guess we all have different opinions of what is out of line, for one it can be someone saying "dooooom11!1" and for the other it's personal attacks.

No, the article is not necessarily fact nor do I take it as such. My concern stems from a build-up of events, including but certainly not limited to that article. I'm well aware that eventually, all good things come to an end, such is life but until that day, I will voice my passions, concerns and hopes when I see fit or feel bothered to.

Alas, that's not what I meant in my post, nor was it aimed at anything you said or did. I'm not even offended because I very rarely get offended to begin with. There are just certain posters who like to walk around with an air of superiority, wagging their finger at those who did and do put stock in the article, and trying to dictate how it should and should not be read. I'm just not a fan of that type of behavior, which is all I expressed.

Now, by all means, call someone out if you feel they're being absurd in their reaction or opinion. I personally don't see why you would and in my eyes, that sort of behavior breeds bullying and animosity but if you feel better confronting someone about what you deem absurd, go for it. I just rarely see the point and while I may think someone is being ridiculous, or find myself questioning their opinion and judgment, to each their own. They're not me and I'm not them and what may seem absurd to me might be perfectly reasonable or normal in their eyes--I can respect that. That's the beauty in us all being human and yet so vastly different.

Edited by JennyFlynn

Hi Keith. Thx for the "news". Good bye Keith. :o

No seriously, thx for erm...mentioning 6.0. So at least it is planned. A 90 day roadmap isn't realy giving me great confidence but hey, i take what i can get. I understand that Bioware and the SWTOR dev - team is in a difficult situation and i hope you all can push through it with success. Just keep us up to date on a regular basis, even if the news is: "There is no news but i put more than a few drops of whiskey in Erics cup of coffee, than he smoked some weed and ran around in the office naked quoting the sith code".

It's all about communication...:cool:

Though I will say, all of these doom threads is probably what made Keith post something today. I suppose I can be grateful.:rak_03:

I am. It's basically exactly what I wanted. ...well, I mean, if the Roadmap isn't ready to be published yet. It's enough to let us know the sky most probably is not falling tomorrow or next week or even next month (although I suppose there's always a slight risk when EA's involved). Keith teasingly making jokes about 6.0 is promising, too.

I'm probably still going to take a break and let some new content accumulate before I re-sub, though.

I'm really confused. Why is everyone assuming "...will not provide any information on what’s included in 6.0" conclusive proof that there will be another expansion? This is from the same person who was in charge when they announced server mergers with the "west coast" and "east coast" mergers. They just conveniently forgot to mention that the "west coast" server was actually in the same data center as the "east coast" server and that both were in Virginia.

The statement could mean "I will not provide information about what's in 6.0 because there is nothing in it" or it could mean "6.0: The End of Development and the Rise of Maintenance" . There's nothing conclusive here.

Well... What I take from this is that the game is probably not going into maintenance this year... Which in itself is good news for me as I love this game. How much content 6.0 will being is anyone's guess at this point... Time will tell. Either way, I'll probably be here when they finally turn off the lights whenever that may be... Until then, enjoy the game everyone!