Roadmap Update - Spring 2018

KeithKanneg

He didn't even state if he reached out to BW for a comment. This means that the info is tenuous at best. If he's not willing to attempt to get it from the horses mouth, then he's a hack. Just because he's got stories right in the past doesn't mean he's not being irresponsible here in not getting a quote. Or asking for one and advising the readers that BW refused to comment.

You are arguing with two of the most negative posters on this forum. Literally nothing you can say will appease them.

Do what I am doing. Have fun. Have even more fun knowing there is a 6.0 in the works.

Never argue with a pig. You both get dirty and the pig likes it.

Dasty:rak_04:

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first off, thanks for the update Keith, it's much appreciated and looking forward to the 6.0 details.

I would like to talk about some of the concerns in this thread. Some people think 6.0 will be light on content. Remember this is Keith's real first year as a producer, from January to December, it's all him (no pressure Keith). they do the planning for the whole year in January so just maybe the second half of 2017 was still Ben's idea and Keith had to go along with it. With the refocus back on group content. I hope 6.0 will have a fair mix of group and story. I read somewhere that the Knights' storyline was originally supposed to be a three-part expansion but due to the criticism of KOTET they had to scrap that idea and come up with something else. they had to retool their plans in 2017 and just maybe they will surprise us in a good way in 2018.

For what its worth, I laughed out loud -- seriously I did.

Thats what I was going for.

But, as a bipedal homosapien with an opposable thumb -- I'm more advanced than a pig.

So only more advanced in physical attributes? :eek:

This is where I normally copy your post nearly word for word from above and use words like "2 posters" and "blind" and nothing could be said to make you see the reality of things but seems it would ruin the humor we have going at this point.

Edited by Quraswren

Your view of the world must be remarkably simple if everyone who happens not to share your opinions is automatically stupid.

I have no issues with opposing opinions. I have issues with him/her/it discarding what Keith plainly said. But of course Trolls only see what they want.

Lets not get carried away, lets call this for what it is. Its an announcement about an announcement of future content that following their own schedule should have covered the winter period.

It would appear that there is nothing coming out in February, which following on from the awful year SWTOR had in 2017 means in the winter period at the same time that The Last Jedi was launched had only update 5.7. Which brought One Operation Boss and 4.5 mins of Companion Cut Scenes.

Lets not kid ourselves, the game is losing players as I write this on a Friday night, only 2 servers are standard the rest are light. There has been an lack of content and what has been offered has been lacking, anyone want to say how Elara, Quinn, Temple, Risha/Corso or Revels returns have been handled well or felt complete. I could go into the rest of lacking content such as the latest flashpoint having no ties to the story but this has been covered elsewhere.

Calling 2018 the Year of Companions, great so going by what we have seen of 2018 and returning companions this amounts to what 40 to 50 minutes of cut scenes for the year.

Talk of events, we all know this games go to event is double cxp. I'd imagine we will see the dark vs light list rehashed and the saddest thing is that could even work if they brought in a new species pack offering new (far more) alien species to replay the game through. But instead any requests for species or content will be ignored and minimal effort will be put in only this time you know that if there are two companions go for the side that you don't want the companion from. Because a year later you will have to do next to nothing to pick up the other one.

In short, an announcement about an announcement doesn't cut it. Keith if your bothering to read the replies you need to show something not just talk about talking about not talking about the future. What content coming in February? Are new Species planned for the CM? Are you happy with the state of the game, we can see you are done with GC you are happy where that is. You want to know why people believe an article that the games future is up in the air, its because anyone looking at the content the game has delivered of late can fully believe the entire development team has been moved to Anthem.

Aww how cute. Bunch of reprobates taking a random article as gospel. "Source's say" "my source".

Aye nae bother. My "source" says you, and anyone who believes you, definetly knows the flavour of the windows.

Get back in the same box as the doomsday'ers from vanilla wow, when BC was released "dead game", maintenance mode.

Aye, how did that turn out for you?

Single braincell organism's you lot.

Edited by countdemons

Hey all,

As Musco mentioned in the Live Stream yesterday, we’re busy working on an update to the Roadmap which should be available in mid-February. Keep in mind, we’ve just released Game Update 5.7, so expect the Roadmap to give you insight about the next 90 days or so.

I’m not ready to discuss all of the summer events and beyond that we’re planning. And, I definitely will not provide any information on what’s included in 6.0 . So, as always, hang in there, and we’ll provide you with what’s going on with SWTOR!

For the many of you who have asked privately, yes, I'm doing great, but December and January are typically very busy months for us with all the planning activities. Personally, I've been playing quite a bit, and am focused on crafting Superior Augments for my characters. Hopefully, I'll reach Elite Warlord on my 2nd character, very soon, and to be honest, I'm pretty happy with all the changes we made this past year for Galactic Command.

Will update you soon,

Keith---

Thank you very much for the info Keith it's a really ggod news looking forward to see what you have for us

Aww how cute. Bunch of reprobates taking a random article as gospel. "Source's say" "my source".

Aye nae bother. My "source" says you, and anyone who believes you, definetly knows the flavour of the windows.

Get back in the same box as the doomsday'ers from vanilla wow, when BC was released "dead game", maintenance mode.

Aye, how did that turn out for you?

Single braincell organism's you lot.

+1 internets to you, sirrah.

Hey all,

As Musco mentioned in the Live Stream yesterday, we’re busy working on an update to the Roadmap which should be available in mid-February. Keep in mind, we’ve just released Game Update 5.7, so expect the Roadmap to give you insight about the next 90 days or so.

I’m not ready to discuss all of the summer events and beyond that we’re planning. And, I definitely will not provide any information on what’s included in 6.0 ;). So, as always, hang in there, and we’ll provide you with what’s going on with SWTOR!

For the many of you who have asked privately, yes, I'm doing great, but December and January are typically very busy months for us with all the planning activities. Personally, I've been playing quite a bit, and am focused on crafting Superior Augments for my characters. Hopefully, I'll reach Elite Warlord on my 2nd character, very soon, and to be honest, I'm pretty happy with all the changes we made this past year for Galactic Command.

Will update you soon,

Keith---

Thank you very much for the info Keith it's a really good news looking forward to see what you have for us

Hey all,

I’m not ready to discuss all of the summer events and beyond that we’re planning. And, I definitely will not provide any information on what’s included in 6.0 ;). So, as always, hang in there, and we’ll provide you with what’s going on with SWTOR!

Will update you soon,

Keith---

So, we are waiting for an update about, an update, am i wrong?

Hey all,

Will update you soon,

Keith---

Every-time I hear LONG TERM plans from anything from EA It reminds me of the Beginning March of 2004

WE have many plans coming in the next few months more content etc etc etc.

Middle of March 2004...we are sad to say we will be shutting the servers down it has been blah blah blah...

Anything from EA has to be taken with the thinnest of threads..

I was wrong about many things with swtor...But TRUST is something one should never give to EA

You have a few people killing themselves trying to put out what you call content we call a couple of hours at best.

SWTOR has the slowest content to be released of any mmorpg and I could name several but I dont think i am allowed. too.

Just admit you have to few working on this game because of low income and EA wont waste money anymore.

Truth is always better but EA never speaks it.

LEN...

the poor livestream (sorry i am not english and i don't know a word to express more than poor..) and the post of keith are proof enough of the quality of the game right now : near to nothing.

speculations cannot overwhelm recent update facts : we actually pay a sub for quasi no new content, except from CM which needs extra money...

5.7 was an extreme affront to us. 2 minutes ingame for companions we wait more than 2 years irl !!!!

are you serious :mad: give some reall news !!! at least by respect !

Edited by Thaladan

I don't know what everyone is excited about. He didn't say anything more than Musco said in his last tease. Everyone on both sides is hearing what they want to hear, nothing more. What no one has addressed is the fact that they are using our sub money to fund their next game, rather than supporting what we're paying for.

SNIP... What no one has addressed is the fact that they are using our sub money to fund their next game, rather than supporting what we're paying for.

It's been brought up and just one of many problems going on right now but you are right. Thats a big one and brings into question how many will stop cash market buying or subbing all together because of that?

Edited by Quraswren