Roadmap Update - Spring 2018

KeithKanneg

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must .. not ... read .. Kodrac posts while sipping coffee! :p

Bish, consider yourself lucky. You lost coffee. I'm having a martini and spat out $3 U.S. worth of Chopin Vodka. :mad:

Dasty

P.S. Kodrac, which is worse? Doom or Gloom? I would guess Doom.

You may say it's Much Ado About Nothing but for many of us we take solace, even comfort because we don't "see a dagger before our eyes," to mix Shakespeare. At a minimum, he reinforced the position that there is content in the pipeline and the game is not entering maintenance mode -- for some of us, that is a welcome statement.

Dasty

Well, by "read it", I meant the post I quoted, not Keith's. Parsing the precise semantics of Keith's post for that level of meaning ("he used these specific two words instead of these other two words...that definitely means X") is reading too much into it....which is what the post I quoted was saying NOT to do, and one of the many places I agree.

Over-parsing a throwaway sentence in a much larger piece on another subject entirely is what started this firestorm in the first place. Overanalyzing Keith's post (which by nature contains mostly what he was ALLOWED to say) with that kind of semantic detail is only accomplishing more of the same. In both cases, every individual word is being given far more weight and debated at a much finer level of granularity than EITHER author could have possibly intended.

I'm not suggesting Keith's post didn't soothe a lot of nerves....of course it did. I'm saying that the only nerves it soothed were the ones that we ourselves created by over-weighting and over-analyzing the single published sentence in the original article....with the end result that the VERY best we can say is that we've rolled back to the same world we all lived in Wed morning, before this all started: we don't really know anything, and over-analyzing what little we have from both sides isn't going to change that.

Bish, consider yourself lucky. You lost coffee. I'm having a martini and spat out $3 U.S. worth of Chopin Vodka. :mad:

Dasty

P.S. Kodrac, which is worse? Doom or Gloom? I would guess Doom.

Doom does roll off the tongue better.

What did he really tell you?

Road Map is 2+ months late and while they have plans for a 6.0 you know nothing about it or if it gets scrapped by the time it actually gets here. Not even a possible release or if it has content that one would consider a real expansion and not something shallow bioware has dropped on us before.

You're willing to accept some crumbs and vague PR as this huge things and all you got was, sorry can't talk about anything not even 6.0.

Talk about giving someone to much credit for so little. keith went though all that trouble to post at all and still didn't mention the drama article thats been going on here for 2 days. What kind of management does lets that kind of negativity continue unhindered? Poor management thats what kind.

You are 1000% wrong. How can you say the road map is 2 months late? They promised us more info in late January or early Feb. Mid Feb is hardly 2 months after their promise. You need to check your facts... Oh that's right. Trolls don't need facts they feed on each other's BS.

Why should Keith have to battle and un-named source in a blog that is simply trying to boost its own revenue by posting unsubstantiated rumors.

Why should Keith have to battle and un-named source in a blog that is simply trying to boost its own revenue by posting unsubstantiated rumors.

As I said. If they are fake, then the negativity alone is damaging. Thats something a smart business person doesn't allow to continue. It's damaging to the cash shop as well as subs that are here and one that might be interested but no longer are because "things are up in the air." No one in their right mind would let that kind of damage spread like this has across the internet.

To let it continue unhindered means there is a bit if not all of it true. We know a reporter such as the one that wrote that article wouldn't write that if it wasn't true and if he wasn't told that information specifically. HE would be liable to company wide damage and thats not something anyone would do lightly. Much less the guy that makes his living reporting on games and the industry.

So biwoare has no rebuttal. There is nothing they can say, if it's true, to hinder the damage it's caused other than some PR spin which gamers will see right through. Kinda like what we just got from keith. A post with nothing. No real info. No solid anything. Just please wait longer.

There are very good reasons to make a rebuttal to the kotaku article.

Well, by "read it", I meant the post I quoted, not Keith's. Parsing the precise semantics of Keith's post for that level of meaning ("he used these specific two words instead of these other two words...that definitely means X") is reading too much into it....which is what the post I quoted was saying NOT to do, and one of the many places I agree.

Over-parsing a throwaway sentence in a much larger piece on another subject entirely is what started this firestorm in the first place. Overanalyzing Keith's post (which by nature contains mostly what he was ALLOWED to say) with that kind of semantic detail is only accomplishing more of the same. In both cases, every individual word is being given far more weight and debated at a much finer level of granularity than EITHER author could have possibly intended.

I'm not suggesting Keith's post didn't soothe a lot of nerves....of course it did. I'm saying that the only nerves it soothed were the ones that we ourselves created by over-weighting and over-analyzing the single published sentence in the original article....with the end result that the VERY best we can say is that we've rolled back to the same world we all lived in Wed morning, before this all started: we don't really know anything, and over-analyzing what little we have from both sides isn't going to change that.

Fair points all around. I was just a little taken aback by the Much Ado About Nothing quote. While I still will disagree with you slightly (really, just slightly) in that I do think we are better off than we were Wed morning, my partner reminded me ...

We have a Flashpoint to run -- stop being a bitttcchhhy queen and start healing...

/salute

Dasty

Fair points all around. I was just a little taken aback by the Much Ado About Nothing quote. While I still will disagree with you slightly (really, just slightly) in that I do think we are better off than we were Wed morning, my partner reminded me ...

We have a Flashpoint to run -- stop being a bitttcchhhy queen and start healing...

/salute

Dasty

If anything, the point of very slight disagreement might be that I didn't think we were in all that bad a place Wed morning.

Happy healing.

As I said. If they are fake, then the negativity alone is damaging. Thats something a smart business person doesn't allow to continue. It's damaging to the cash shop as well as subs that are here and one that might be interested but no longer are because "things are up in the air." No one in their right mind would let that kind of damage spread like this has across the internet.

To let it continue unhindered means there is a bit if not all of it true. We know a reporter such as the one that wrote that article wouldn't write that if it wasn't true and if he wasn't told that information specifically. HE would be liable to company wide damage and thats not something anyone would do lightly. Much less the guy that makes his living reporting on games and the industry.

So biwoare has no rebuttal. There is nothing they can say, if it's true, to hinder the damage it's caused other than some PR spin which gamers will see right through. Kinda like what we just got from keith. A post with nothing. No real info. No solid anything. Just please wait longer.

There are very good reasons to make a rebuttal to the kotaku article.

These are simply your opinions though. You aren't part of EA or BW. To me Keith's post has a wealth of info. There was purpose in the words he chose. He cannot talk about the xpac yet. He gave us info that one is coming and soon.

I fail to see what people in this thread are so happy about. Literally the only thing Keith said that he can't talk about anything. And the mention of 6.0 in no way, shape or form means we are actually getting 6.0.

It pains me to see that so many people are so gullible.:(

You get used to it on those forums. First it's all rage and high drama, then one noncommittal gold post later, everyone is back to business as normal, fawning over the devs and convincing themselves that whatever they wanted to hear has been said and promised. Ah well.

You get used to it on those forums. First it's all rage and high drama, then one noncommittal gold post later, everyone is back to business as normal, fawning over the devs and convincing themselves that whatever they wanted to hear has been said and promised. Ah well.

What exactly was noncommittal in Keith's post? You are seeing what you want. In fact he said there WILL be a road map. There WILL be a 6.0. Pretty committed to me.

Hey all,

For the many of you who have asked privately, yes, I'm doing great, but December and January are typically very busy months for us with all the planning activities. Personally, I've been playing quite a bit, and am focused on crafting Superior Augments for my characters. Hopefully, I'll reach Elite Warlord on my 2nd character, very soon, and to be honest, I'm pretty happy with all the changes we made this past year for Galactic Command.

Will update you soon,

Keith---

Yeah, leveling chars is more fun than paperwork and roadmaps, at least we agree on that.

Hey all,

As Musco mentioned in the Live Stream yesterday, we’re busy working on an update to the Roadmap which should be available in mid-February. Keep in mind, we’ve just released Game Update 5.7, so expect the Roadmap to give you insight about the next 90 days or so.

I’m not ready to discuss all of the summer events and beyond that we’re planning. And, I definitely will not provide any information on what’s included in 6.0 ;). So, as always, hang in there, and we’ll provide you with what’s going on with SWTOR!

For the many of you who have asked privately, yes, I'm doing great, but December and January are typically very busy months for us with all the planning activities. Personally, I've been playing quite a bit, and am focused on crafting Superior Augments for my characters. Hopefully, I'll reach Elite Warlord on my 2nd character, very soon, and to be honest, I'm pretty happy with all the changes we made this past year for Galactic Command.

Will update you soon,

Keith---

Keith, some of us, many of us needed reassurance coming from the dev team that the game is not going to be shut down. Your post is way too ambiguous and completely avoids adressing any particular concern the players may have.

That being said, i also gotta say i personally appreciate it. At the very least it's a response, a sign that there's still life at Bioware. It took you guys long enough but finally you reacted, albeit minimally. But for those of us who truly love this game and want it to stay alive, some hope is just enough, and i'm glad to see that apparently a 6.0 update is in the works, and also we'll be having a thrilling summer.

Please, try reacting a bit faster next time, you could have avoided some players leaving if you did, and the crisis was hard enough so as to justify an immediate answer. We are your players Keith, we just want to keep playing.

Anyway, thanks.

Edited by DeVanagloris

I fail to see what people in this thread are so happy about. Literally the only thing Keith said that he can't talk about anything. And the mention of 6.0 in no way, shape or form means we are actually getting 6.0.

It pains me to see that so many people are so gullible.:(

IT's a problem on these forums thats for sure. Given the state of this game the past year, I'm still shocked gamers fall for that PR spin garbage. Kinda like the poster below. keiths post - "a wealth of info". Thats laughable.

These are simply your opinions though.

Well no kidding Sherlock? Really?

You aren't part of EA or BW. To me Keith's post has a wealth of info. There was purpose in the words he chose. He cannot talk about the xpac yet. He gave us info that one is coming and soon.

A wealth of info? I can't help but giggle at that.

He told you he cannot talk about 6.0

He did not give you info that 6.0 is coming or that it will make it or not. "It's up i the air" I'd wager.

bioware seems to barely seem to know whats happening the next 3 months given how long it takes them to come up with a simple road map much less 6-12 months with so much of their resources for the next year gone (given anthem wont come out till 2019).

Edited by Quraswren

IT's a problem on these forums thats for sure. Given the state of this game the past year, I'm still shocked gamers fall for that PR spin garbage. Kinda like the poster below. keiths post - "a wealth of info". Thats laughable.

Well no kidding Sherlock? Really?

A wealth of info? I can't help but giggle at that.

He told you he cannot talk about 6.0

He did not give you info that 6.0 is coming or that it will make it or not. "It's up i the air" I'd wager.

LOL. He ABSOLUTELY confirmed 6.0. He said "And, I definitely will not provide any information on what’s included in 6.0" WHAT IS IN 6.0. Not what might be. Not even "provide any information on 60." He specifically said What is in 6.0. You can choose to ignore that, but it's what he said.

LOL. He ABSOLUTELY confirmed 6.0. He said "And, I definitely will not provide any information on what’s included in 6.0" WHAT IS IN 6.0. Not what might be. Not even "provide any information on 60." He specifically said What is in 6.0. You can choose to ignore that, but it's what he said.

You can hope and wish 6.0 makes it. They can post anything they want about whats in 6.0 if it ever actually makes it but given how things are so "up in the air". You place a lot of faith on PR spin.

What exactly was noncommittal in Keith's post? You are seeing what you want. In fact he said there WILL be a road map. There WILL be a 6.0. Pretty committed to me.

Well, let's see.

A roadmap mid February that will cover about 3 months and not talk about any further patches since we just received one, or any events. You could have expected that already, really.

It's good that he at least gave some reply, and I'm sure people will be very happy to hear he is playing and leveling his characters, but no, he hasn't committed to anything beyond making a roadmap, which we already knew. Not even a definite date for it, let alone any content. But feel free to read into it what you want, I suppose.

You can hope and wish 6.0 makes it. They can post anything they want about whats in 6.0 if it ever actually makes it but given how things are so "up in the air". You place a lot of faith on PR spin.

And you're placing alot of faith on unsubstantiated rumors. Why are you so fast to trust a hack vs. an employee of the company?

And you're placing alot of faith on unsubstantiated rumors. Why are you so fast to trust a hack vs. an employee of the company?

Just a guess, but given the past year's evidence of very careful wording to get around unpleasant truths (server merges and actual location of the servers, GC bonuses not implemented as they were announced, etc) it is probably a good idea not to assume they deserve unquestioning trust.

And you're placing alot of faith on unsubstantiated rumors.

I'm putting my faith in a reporter that has a habit of knowing the ins and outs of bioware even when bioware keeps their mouth shut. A reporter that no way would make that articles information up as a lie because it is quite damaging to bioware and SWTOR due to it's very nature. He would be liable for damages. There is no way he lied because it would ruin the way he makes a living be it the books he writes or the articles as well. He industry would shun him.

It's far harder to believe that article is a lie or fabricated than it is to see it as truth. Especially so when you consider how bioware spun so many things in a bad way just the past year.

Why are you so fast to trust a hack vs. an employee of the company?

Some other name I might agree with you on hack but in this case I cannot. He's a reporter that is known for weeding out the truth at bioware due to his sources at bioware. His past articles were right in what he wrote and did so before bioware confirmed it themselves by their actions. In this case, I go with the reporter.

Bioware/ea on the other hand would PR spin through their teeth to protect the revenue for bioware/ea and there is no one to hold them accountable. There are a few that happened this very past year. The reporter in this case would be liable for a huge amount of damage if it was spun or a lie. In this case, there is no way he did that because being in the business I'd wager he's smart enough to not fall into a lawsuit territory without being about to back up what he said should he have to behind closed doors.

bioware hasn't been on the up and up for a while now.

Edited by Quraswren

He didn't even state if he reached out to BW for a comment. This means that the info is tenuous at best. If he's not willing to attempt to get it from the horses mouth, then he's a hack. Just because he's got stories right in the past doesn't mean he's not being irresponsible here in not getting a quote. Or asking for one and advising the readers that BW refused to comment.

He didn't even state if he reached out to BW for a comment. This means that the info is tenuous at best. If he's not willing to attempt to get it from the horses mouth, then he's a hack. Just because he's got stories right in the past doesn't mean he's not being irresponsible here in not getting a quote. Or asking for one and advising the readers that BW refused to comment.

It clearly stated. Source at bioware. Thats how repoters do it to get real info. without someone worrying about losing their job. It's been that way for a very long time.

Anyting directly asked to bioware gets that Bull PR spin like keith wrote.

Getting it right in the past gives him way more credit than some simple hack. It gives president to what he says now and as I started. He has no reason to fib, fabricate , lie or stretch the truth. He would be liable for quite a bit of damage. Given his work in the industry its more plausable bioware would PR spin to protect themselves as they have done many times this past year vs what was just written about swtor.

Edited by Quraswren