If Bioware were to halt development on SWtoR, what would you do? BW, please read.

EvilGussy

Not that i really believe that SWtoR will be shutting down anytime soon, i imagine, if things go south, servers will be up for a year or more... I have to say.... that if no new content is going to end up being developed, i would more than probably unsub like everyone else.

That is sad times for me, i love Star Wars, it's been a big part of my entire life since the day i first watched the original movies in the theatres.

In the meantime however, despite the slow down of development on content and the implementation of seemingly insufficient and overly buggy patches, I will remain unsubbed, until such a point.

HOWEVER, and i am aiming this directly at Bioware, I spend alot of money on cartel packs, and direct purchase items etc., etc., because i love supporting the company that has brought me such enjoyment in the arena of my favourite nerdy endeavour. For my love of Star Wars, I hope beyond hope that the we get a serious response, or at least some acknowledgement in this thread that BW is listening.

It certainly seems like the important conversations are being ignored, which has been a fairly common practice for far too long now.

Until such a time, that we get some indication, in the form of a positive Roadmap, or quote from BW that SWtoR, will not be ending, that development will continue, that a new expansion is going to happen, and it will be better than 4.0 or 5.0, and it will take us back to our much loved and needed roots in SWtoR, i do believe, i will from here on out, STOP buying ANYTHING from the Cartel Market, in the form of packs, direct puchase whatever.

I am at this point pulling my support from Bioware as a competent game provider, and competent representiative of the STAR WARS brand.

Prove me wrong, Eric / Keith, et all.

If you want my money, bring it.

I also implore EVERYONE, to not purchase a single thing from the cartel market.

Let's show the devs, that we are serious.

And we are fanatical about SWtoR, and they need to return to that love as well.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been wondering if the *other* way wouldnt be the better option.

If SWTOR stops turning a profit theyll close the doors faster.

What if the way to save it is the opposite?

Spend more $$

Get a second account and sub it etc..

Cutting off $$ from EA has never worked in the past, it just makes them run faster...

What would giving more do?

I would bounce around different games like Fortnite and the ilk, but I would then get ready for the launch of

Ashes of Creation Which is an mmo that appears to be a blend of swg and swtor in one. But I will always hold out hope that Disney revisits a Star Wars mmo......SWG 2.0 anyone?

Edited by Holocron

Nothing would fill up the hole SWTOR would leave behind. I think that if SWTOR shuts down I'll never play a game again because nothing will be able to top this game for me. SWTOR is so deeply woven into my life and being... I know it probably sounds weird but this game and I went through a lot. It was my wscape from bad situations, it was my refuge when I was going through a bad period in life, it cheered me up, it sparked my creativity, it fed my passion for writing and storytelling... SWTOR is just so much a part of my life that if it goes down a part of me will go down with it, which is why I absolutely do not want this game to end :( or go into maintenance mode

I've thought about going back to World of Warcraft but I swore I'd never go back.

I just unsubbed my reoccuring 6 month SWTOR account so my account goes F2P in April and I refuse the play the game with those restrictions.

I've tried other MMO's and don't like them so I don't know what I'll play. Maybe I'll go outside for a change.

If they halted development, and they were to say it clearly which i doubt, i would simply remain subscribed as long as i got enjoyment out of the game.

I played all the Empire stories several times over, but never finished any Republic story. I'm close to finishing the Jedi Knight one, and after that i'll still have 3 more to go, and anyway i'll probably replay again the Inquisitor and Warrior stories too.

As long as this game entertains me, i'll keep paying. The moment it stops being fun or the moment it shuts down the servers, that will be the end of SWTOR for me. Whatever happens first.

Edited by DeVanagloris

Ive been wondering if the *other* way wouldnt be the better option.

If SWTOR stops turning a profit theyll close the doors faster.

What if the way to save it is the opposite?

Spend more $$

Get a second account and sub it etc..

Cutting off $$ from EA has never worked in the past, it just makes them run faster...

What would giving more do?

The problem is, people won’t want to spend money because next week they could announce a closure. The only way they will get people to continue to spend is to open up and tell us what is happening.

If they say, we have plans to go into maintenance mode in 12 months, then people will still spend, at least for the next 6 months.

If they say nothing, then people have zero confidence in them not to make an announcement at anytime to say it will be next month or next week.

This whole thing falls down to one thing, confidence. If players know for certain that they won’t do their money, they will spend.

We all know what happened with the server moves. Nobody at Bioware told us before hand, so confidence is at an all time low.

Yes, spending might keep the doors open, but if Bioware don’t come clean as to what is happening, then spending will dry up in the next week and it shuts down faster than if this article had never been written.

I can categorically say one thing though. I will NOT be playing Anthem. The way EA have treated swtor and also BF2 has turned me off the company permanently. I even stopped playing and paying Stars Wars Galaxy Heroes because I refuse to give them anymore money. The only hold out has been swtor because I’ve loved this game since launch. It actually made me give up WoW. Once swirl is finished, I will never play another EA game. I actually hope Disney wakes up and they lose the Star Wars IP in 2022.

EA, worst gaming company for the players.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I've thought about going back to World of Warcraft but I swore I'd never go back.

I just unsubbed my reoccuring 6 month SWTOR account so my account goes F2P in April and I refuse the play the game with those restrictions.

I've tried other MMO's and don't like them so I don't know what I'll play. Maybe I'll go outside for a change.

Try Guild Wars 2.

This has been the only MMO I've played, and have had a great time with it. I've been subbed since 2013 and have finished 8 classes and have made some toons to lvl 70. I wish I could log in more often, but life responsibilities do not allow that. I have no interest in playing any other MMO, so if this game goes away (I hope not anytime soon) that'll likely be the end of me ever playing again. I have real life stuff I can do that is just as fun if not more so. :(

I can categorically say one thing though. I will NOT be playing Anthem. The way EA have treated swtor and also BF2 has turned me off the company permanently. I even stopped playing and paying Stars Wars Galaxy Heroes because I refuse to give them anymore money. The only hold out has been swtor because I’ve loved this game since launch. It actually made me give up WoW. Once swirl is finished, I will never play another EA game. I actually hope Disney wakes up and they lose the Star Wars IP in 2022.

Agree 100 %. Once swtor is done or I'm done with it, EA will not only never ever see one cent of my money, I won't even take anything they offer me for free, because the only thing they give away are lures and baits...

Right on. Before I was debating on buying Anthem just to support Bioware, but after the fiasco with Mass Effect, which ruined one of my all time favourite IP's ( I even had faith enough to pre-order ME:A), the treatment of SWTOR, which is plainly disgusting, I wont touch this Destiny clone.....not that I am into such games....when I was a kid maybe, but now - not a chance wasting my time with shiny explosions for a month or so. Ridiculous people betting everything on such a potential flop while sacrificing ME, DA and SWTOR.....laughable.

I have also discontinued my 6 months sub, which was in place for years as I was playing this game. And that was weeks ago, before the article even came out....not that it needed to tell me something i havent realised....2017 pathetic content and this year continuing such trends....its not that hard to figure out what's happening. It goes without question I wont touch the CM anymore, which has received a lot of money from me over the years. As much as I love this game, such treatment from EAware should not be supported.

IF SWTOR did shut down i would burn the remaining bridges to Bioware and move on to something else. Moving on to what is another matter, and one i will have a better idea of when the time comes. Edited by Celise

I would stick around. Unless they did something entirely toxic that caused me to leave, I would stay until they shut off the lights.

This time I am going to try and find a way to get through to the developers and help them turn things around here. It is probably a futile effort, but I have to try.

IF SWTOR did shut down i would burn the remaining bridges to Bioware and move on to something else. Moving on to what is another matter, and one i will have a better idea of when the time comes.

Well, there is a small community of players that still play Jedi Knight, Dark Forces 2, a old single/multi-player game that can be and has been updated by home-grown mods. I believe the game is available from Steam for download. I still have the game and still play it. This group has two web sites called the Massassi temple and the JK Editing Hub, both of which have a lot of resources to edit and modify the game to whatever the game engine will allow you to do. I've seen and played some very impressive levels and mods that has revitalized the game.

Just a thought... :)

I would continue my sub as long as I enjoy the game. Since I like replaying the class stories, I don't imagine I would give it up anytime soon. I would probably stop buying from the cartel market, however, since I do a lot of reselling on the GTN, and I don't think the player base will be around in quantities enough to make that worth my while if development stops.

I will probably be done with Bioware once SWTOR ends. Besides the fact that they keep comparing it to Destiny, which is a game I have zero interest in, I am still so angry with Anthem for messing up ME:A, and now SWTOR, that I will not even consider touching it. If they manage to survive long enough to produce another Dragon Age game, I'll wait for reviews, and possibly play that. Dragon Age is my all time favorite series, but after the fiasco with Andromeda, I'm not blindly trusting any game anymore.

I will probably continue subbing for awhile, but my play time has already dropped off dramatically. I might play preferred for a little while, but I doubt I’d last long that way. My cartel purchases would come to an end though. I enjoy buying one of each crate and filling in the gaps on the GTN, but if what I buy might not be around for long, there is no point in collecting it. I was happy to spend the extra money in the belief that at least some of it went to SWtOR, but I’m not happy to spend it if it’s all going to Anthem.

I will play to the moment the servers shut down, and when that happens I will go, Luke Skywalker style : 'NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!'.

But I am hoping that will not happen for many years to come.

This shutting down nonsense really starts getting on my nerves.

So here it goes, until the roadmap comes out, I'm quitting the official forums.

There, you heard it here first! :p