Spoilers and why I did not like TLJ

NuSeC

I have a question, NuSeC: Did you ever think about it before the scene, like, ever?

If the answer is no, then why? Was it because the idea never came to you? Or because you dismissed it for being unlikely to work? Or any other reason?

The story is what allows for it. You have to imagine there would be engineers and war profiteers trying to develop new weapons. Making a hyperspace missile should have been something they would have tried. Up until now you could assume they have tried it and it does not work and left it alone. The fact that it is now canon means that it does work and can be weaponized. It would have been logical for them to have tried it in the past. You would not have this capability and not experiment with it.

My point being: I've never seen that tactic get brought up by anyone before even in Legends where it was very much established that Hyperspace still allowed for "physical interactions" between light-speed ships and the real world. Maybe that's an indication of how much, in universe and out of universe, that tactic is unreliable and sub-optimal? And that strengthen the idea that Holdo's plan was really a last ditch effort (Otherwise she'd have rammed the Supremacy as soon as the shuttles had left, her life be damned.) and she didn't even expect it to work "that well" (Sadly she won't be around to comment on it.)

I do not understand why she was used for that role. I would have liked Akbar to have a death like that if they were just going to suck him out into space anyways and crash the ship anyways. He could have said "its a trap" right before impact. :D

Need to address this quickly: That's an invalid point. First, the rails from the bombers are magnetized to "propel" the bombs. Second, there's an artificial gravity in the bomber itself so it would also build up a baseline speed. Third, once it's going, it's not going to float away, it will keep it's momentum until it hits something. The bombs don't accelerate in the movie (Or at least it didn't seem like they did on the second viewing) so there's absolutely zero error here.

I'll go with this. I mean the gravity part is a little shaky as the ones farthest from the floor then would have picked up more momentum when falling out of the ship because of inertia but I'm all good with ignoring that.

Edited by NuSeC

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dropping bombs..via magnetics...which also ensurd the bombs hit their targets.

Canon or are you making it up?

He's not making it up. It was confirmed in The Last Jedi Visual Dictionary that the bombs are being dropped via sequenced electromagnetic plates, that drop the load to the target from the Bombers.

"The modular bombing magazine, called the "clip" by the bomber's crew, would drop the bombs through sequenced electromagnetic plates in the clip, which propelled the bombs to "drop" in microgravity environments. The bombs would then be drawn magnetically to their targets." Via Wookieepedia http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/MG-100_StarFortress_SF-17

OK so strictly canon for you. good deal. :D

I usually try to keep to canon. If something from Legends seems to have been mentioned in the canon I might use it (for example, it’s theorized that Revan is canon due to the crystal in Luke’s hut was said to be a red kyner crystal and talisman of a Jedi Crusader, according to the visual dictionary).

Canon or are you making it up?

Canon. It’s in the Visual Dictionary (another poster posted he wiki link and quote)

We are talking about something made and build to hit its target. You would have guidance controls. Haldo timed it out... I am sure a computer built for just that task could do an equally good job.

i’m fairly certain Holdo got lucky, or the Force did weird thigs at that moment. She had to ht at the exact moment before hyperspace started, and there’s no good way to predict that due to how quick it happens.

Was it size or was it the fact they engaged it too close to an object? Range is what seems key here more than any other factor. And again, computer controlled.

I’m fairly certain both. Range is a key, but it’s key in that you have to be in the exact right spot. Too close and you smash, too far and you enter hyperspace and miss. And a computer can only do so much. But remeber that both the missile and the enemy ships will be moving, so the calculations would constantly be changing, similar tonhow they would randomly change in our own space missions.

...then what?

A few possibilities:

- it gets lost in hyperspace until it runs out of juice

- it drops out of hyperspace but is nowhere near the target and just stalls

- it drops out and hits a random target causing massive unintended casualties

Probably more possibilities, those are the ines that come to my mind.

Well there you go, could not be all that expensive, it was on a bunch of the smaller rebel ships... so there we go Basically make an x-wing sized, hyperspace capable, seismic charged warhead and computer controlled missile :D

I mean, that still depends. We know of it on Smuggler ship and capital ships. For fighters, we know Luke’s X-Wing had it for plot reasons. Maybe a few others like in R1. Perhaps they were specially equipped for long range hit-and-run missions. We also see that Poe and the others have to reboard the Raddus in order to jump.

EDIT: just a fair warning, I don’t have many posts left. I’ve been running on a guildmate’s referral code :(

Edited by forestguard

I usually try to keep to canon. If something from Legends seems to have been mentioned in the canon I might use it (for example, it’s theorized that Revan is canon due to the crystal in Luke’s hut was said to be a red kyner crystal and talisman of a Jedi Crusader, according to the visual dictionary).

Canon. It’s in the Visual Dictionary (another poster posted he wiki link and quote)

i’m fairly certain Holdo got lucky, or the Force did weird thigs at that moment. She had to ht at the exact moment before hyperspace started, and there’s no good way to predict that due to how quick it happens.

I’m fairly certain both. Range is a key, but it’s key in that you have to be in the exact right spot. Too close and you smash, too far and you enter hyperspace and miss. And a computer can only do so much. But remeber that both the missile and the enemy ships will be moving, so the calculations would constantly be changing, similar tonhow they would randomly change in our own space missions.

A few possibilities:

- it gets lost in hyperspace until it runs out of juice

- it drops out of hyperspace but is nowhere near the target and just stalls

- it drops out and hits a random target causing massive unintended casualties

Probably more possibilities, those are the ines that come to my mind.

I mean, that still depends. We know of it on Smuggler ship and capital ships. For fighters, we know Luke’s X-Wing had it for plot reasons. Maybe a few others like in R1. Perhaps they were specially equipped for long range hit-and-run missions. We also see that Poe and the others have to reboard the Raddus in order to jump.

EDIT: just a fair warning, I don’t have many posts left. I’ve been running on a guildmate’s referral code :(

I don't see a problem with it. A targeting computer would guide it, detect the distance to target and when to do it. All calculated by a computer. Given that they can blow up planets with current tech in this universe, it is not far reaching to say they would have the tech for guidance on a missile.

The story is what allows for it. You have to imagine there would be engineers and war profiteers trying to develop new weapons. Making a hyperspace missile should have been something they would have tried. Up until now you could assume they have tried it and it does not work and left it alone. The fact that it is now canon means that it does work and can be weaponized. It would have been logical for them to have tried it in the past. You would not have this capability and not experiment with it.

This is kind of my point: the film never states that it is a new strategy or an unexpected one, just a very unlikely one (Since Hux does understand it and orders the gunners to destroy the Raddus. Considering this, it's safe to assume that since Holdo knows it works but she only used it as a last resort and Hux guessed what she was doing at the very last moment, that it is not deemed an acceptable strategy even for most of the worst case scenarios.

That's how I think about it, personally.

Hyper-ramming is not new but it's not a good tactic even as last resort otherwise there would be constant safeguards against it as it would be commonplace.

I do not understand why she was used for that role. I would have liked Akbar to have a death like that if they were just going to suck him out into space anyways and crash the ship anyways. He could have said "its a trap" right before impact.

A very simple reason: Erik Bauersfeld died early in the shooting of TLJ (He was Ackbar's voice) and his (Ackbar's) death was written-in as an "hommage" to Bauersfeld. It's very likely Ackbar was not intended to die at all in TLJ and continue to appear in the next movies.

Also, someone pointed out that it would have been awkard to have a character named "Ackbar" performing a kamikaze attack presented as a good thing in today's world but I'm not sure it was ever considered anyway.

I'll go with this. I mean the gravity part is a little shaky as the ones farthest from the floor then would have picked up more momentum when falling out of the ship because of inertia but I'm all good with ignoring that./QUOTE]

Apparently someone confirmed the magnetic thingy based on the Visual Dictionnary. So it's not even gravity.

Not really as we know an explosive on a baby stroller could take out a car. However, imagine that stroller going lightspeed and having an explosive device.

it wouldn't do any more damage really. That's not how physics would work in that case.

Same with a nuclear bomb in fact a nuclear bomb requires a controled detonation. Sending it at the target at the speed of light would cause the bomb itself to be destroyed before it could detonate making it useless.

The old EU is not canon and neither is other sci-fi. Would you allow me to use old EU or other Sci-Fi to prove a point in the Starwars universe? So it is new to the current canon.

do you not have basic reading comprehension skills? You are missing the point. I'm saying mass driver weapons have already been theriozed. We know what the effect is, you aren't coming up with anything new.

For god's sake there is even on in SWTOR Hammer station? You are preventing a base that has a weapon that flings asteroids at planents causing massive destruction.

and yes doing it Light speed would make it even more powerful possibley powerfull enough to destroy an entire planet. however like in TLJ you would need to be at the perfect distance to use it.

t. A targeting computer would guide it, detect the distance to target and when to do it. All calculated by a computer.

Again it would be destroyed before it ever made the jump. Like we saw in the movie you have to be close to your target. The reason why it worked in TLJ is

1. General Hux thought she was fleeing and didn't target the weapons on her

2. When he did target her the shields and armor prevented the ship from being destroyed.

this isn't difficult to understand.

This is kind of my point: the film never states that it is a new strategy or an unexpected one, just a very unlikely one (Since Hux does understand it and orders the gunners to destroy the Raddus. Considering this, it's safe to assume that since Holdo knows it works but she only used it as a last resort and Hux guessed what she was doing at the very last moment, that it is not deemed an acceptable strategy even for most of the worst case scenarios.

That's how I think about it, personally.

Hyper-ramming is not new but it's not a good tactic even as last resort otherwise there would be constant safeguards against it as it would be commonplace.

Speculation here on both sides - however, it does open the door to posibilities. And this is not even close to the biggest issue I have with the film.

Edited by NuSeC

it wouldn't do any more damage really. That's not how physics would work in that case.

Same with a nuclear bomb in fact a nuclear bomb requires a controled detonation. Sending it at the target at the speed of light would cause the bomb itself to be destroyed before it could detonate making it useless.

And you know this because you are a physicist? Controlled detonation? Sending it to a target would cause it to explode? Then how do people survive hyperspace? I did also mention seismic charges, as we see those be used in space and decimate giant asteroids into pebbles.

do you not have basic reading comprehension skills? You are missing the point. I'm saying mass driver weapons have already been theriozed. We know what the effect is, you aren't coming up with anything new.

Oh, I am sure they have, and they should be using those weapons.

For god's sake there is even on in SWTOR Hammer station? You are preventing a base that has a weapon that flings asteroids at planents causing massive destruction.

Say it with me "NOT CANON."

and yes doing it Light speed would make it even more powerful possibley powerfull enough to destroy an entire planet. however like in TLJ you would need to be at the perfect distance to use it.

OK?

Again it would be destroyed before it ever made the jump. Like we saw in the movie you have to be close to your target. The reason why it worked in TLJ is

Good grief, you just want to argue. Stop pulling stuff out of thin air.

They have hyperdrive capability, then have showed that hyperdrive allows for more damage on impact. They have demonstrated that a human can control it. they have also demonstrated that small craft can use it and now they have introduced tracking through hyperspace and computer controlled guidance is a thing.

There is no reason it would not work. Except when you try to "play" physicist. I let you go on about carriers as you stated you were in the Navy, you are no physicist.

I'm not a Physicist i was a Navy Nuke who operated 4 Nuclear reactors and taught AP Physics for 5 years.

Even with out that you could easily google this stuff but again you have demonstrated you never read even your own sources and when you do read you lack basic reading comprehension.

to suggest I thought of something that nobody in the SW universe thought of is well... where the actual issues arise.

I'm not saying SWTOR is canon or other SciFi i was addressing this comment.

You're idea of the Hyperdrive weapons or even mass drivers were never considered has already been thought of multiple times and used before. even in the game you are currently playing.

Good grief, you just want to argue. Stop pulling stuff out of thin air.

They have hyperdrive capability, then have showed that hyperdrive allows for more damage on impact. They have demonstrated that a human can control it. they have also demonstrated that small craft can use it and now they have introduced tracking through hyperspace and computer controlled guidance is a thing.

facepalm its not out of thin air...

1. No you don't take more damage on impact that's not how anything works. The ship can do that much damage because it's a HUGE SHIP with tons of armor, shields and a lot of mass

2. how would hyperspace tracking help the destroy a target? This only works BEFORE you enter Hyperspace.

3. we see all shps in star wars come to almost a complete stop before making the jump to Hyper space, this means they would be a sitting duck

4. we also see that they can tell when a Hyperspace drive is powering up so they can tell when your "missle" is about to go

5. that is more then enough time to fire and destroy the missle.

6. we have seen that they are able to take out large transports in a single hit so a missle would be no problem.

7. In Rogue one we see smaller ships corrielin blockade runners and even x-wings slam into a star destroyer not quite at full speed not even dent a Star Destroyer.

So yeah...... you're idea is stupid.

Edited by jarjarloves

Didn't read the side books. People shouldn't have too. :p I'm not saying he isn't a trained soldier. Even the army teaches it's cooks to shoot. :p However, he basically comes out and says it.

true but remember they are child soldiers, so its not really hard to believe that they have the younger kids start off mopping floors and what not until they are ready to be in a squad. Remember the assault on Jaku was his very first combat mission. So yeah he could have been a full janitor at one point and then been promoted to a special forces team.

oh also to others Finn wasn't the McGuffin, BB8 and the Map to Luke was the McGuffin. that was the worthless item everyone was chasing after.

Edited by jarjarloves

Well as far as I know what he says about nukes is true... They detonate "above the ground"... As in, before they would impact the target. The impact would destroy the missile before it got a chance to do it's job... At least that's how i remember it. As for hyperdrive weapons... We have so far not seen anything smaller then an x-wing be able to hold a hyperdrive... It might well be impossible to fit a hyperdrive onto a missile. Sure, to can make a larger missile but how would that stop the enemy from simply "shooting it out of the sky" and destroying in before it has a chance to get close enough and make the calculations for the jump to light speed? It worked with the big ship simply cause it was to big to blow up before making the jump... But it's really not cost effective to sacrifice ships that way on the off chance that it actually works... It is essentially a "hail Mary". The whole resin it worked in the first place is because of the sheer mass of the rebel ship. A small object would probably puncture through but do very little damage to speak of. Would it even do more damage then your standard exploding missile? Debatable. Even if you were to combine them and assume that you could come crashing with it through hyperspace (assuming you didn't have to get close to begin with and that your target was stationary - cause a moving target I would assume would fudge up the calculations if you wanted to hit it) why would it deal any more damage on impact then a regular missile as it would explode instantly on impact?! Again, imho the only reason this tactic even worked in TLJ is the sheer mass you are propelling and the fact that it was large enough to not be blown away before it could do it's hail Mary... Edited by Valceanu

Because ITS STAR WARS. The brand carriers the sales as I said.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=starwarsclonewars.htm

Star Wars the Clone Wars movie

Domestic: $35,161,554

+ Foreign: $33,121,290

Your argument is invalid. Thanks for playing troll but as much as you hate it the audiences love TLJ it's already the 2nd most successful Star Wars film of all time and will probably be the 10th most successful film of all time by the time it finishes its run in the theaters in another 2 months.

Edited by jarjarloves

I'm not a Physicist i was a Navy Nuke who operated 4 Nuclear reactors and taught AP Physics for 5 years.

Even with out that you could easily google this stuff but again you have demonstrated you never read even your own sources and when you do read you lack basic reading comprehension.

You're idea of the Hyperdrive weapons or even mass drivers has already been thought of multiple times and used before. even in the game you are currently playing.

Today , 03:06 PM | #258

REPORT POST QUOTE

Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post

And you know this because you are a physicist? Controlled detonation? Sending it to a target would cause it to explode? Then how do people survive hyperspace? I did also mention seismic charges, as we see those be used in space and decimate giant asteroids into pebbles.

Oh, I am sure they have, and they should be using those weapons.

Say it with me "NOT CANON."

OK?

1. No you don't take more damage on impact that's not how anything works. The ship can do that much damage because it's a HUGE SHIP with tons of armor, shields and a lot of mass

2. how would hyperspace tracking help the destroy a target? This only works BEFORE you enter Hyperspace.

3. we see all shps in star wars come to almost a complete stop before making the jump to Hyper space, this means they would be a sitting duck

4. we also see that they can tell when a Hyperspace drive is powering up so they can tell when your "missle" is about to go

6. we have seen that they are able to take out large transports in a single hit so a missle would be no problem.

7. In Rogue one we see smaller ships corrielin blockade runners and even x-wings slam into a star destroyer not quite at full speed not even dent a Star Destroyer.

Please fix your quotes.

Well as far as I know what he says about nukes is true... They detonate "above the ground"... As in, before they would impact the target. The impact would destroy the missile before it got a chance to do it's job... At least that's how i remember it. As for hyperdrive weapons... We have so far not seen anything smaller then an x-wing be able to hold a hyperdrive... It might well be impossible to fit a hyperdrive onto a missile. Sure, to can make a larger missile but how would that stop the enemy from simply "shooting it out of the sky" and destroying in before it has a chance to get close enough and make the calculations for the jump to light speed? It worked with the big ship simply cause it was to big to blow up before making the jump... But it's really not cost effective to sacrifice ships that way on the off chance that it actually works... It is essentially a "hail Mary". The whole resin it worked in the first place is because of the sheer mass of the rebel ship. A small object would probably puncture through but do very little damage to speak of. Would it even do more damage then your standard exploding missile? Debatable. Even if you were to combine them and assume that you could come crashing with it through hyperspace (assuming you didn't have to get close to begin with and that your target was stationary - cause a moving target I would assume would fudge up the calculations if you wanted to hit it) why would it deal any more damage on impact then a regular missile as it would explode instantly on impact?! Again, imho the only reason this tactic even worked in TLJ is the sheer mass you are propelling and the fact that it was large enough to not be blown away before it could do it's hail Mary...

I also mention seismic charges. We have bunker busters and other such tech. These people travel at light speed... we have barely made it out of our own planetary orbit. They also have resources we can not even imagine.

To suggest they could not put a seismic charge on something like a missile that is computer controlled and capable of hyperspace. I mean. I just don't see the problem here. Every "device" I am mentioning is in lore. I am just saying put them together into a weapon.

We have so far not seen anything smaller then an x-wing be able to hold a hyperdrive.

X wings are extremely small craft, and you ditch the cockpit and other weapon systems. It is not hard to think this way. We have weaponized drones.

Plus you can fire several of them at the same time to the same object. Remember Poe was "too small and too close" for them to hit. Ran around destroying their guns and stuff. This thing would only need to get close enough to take out the bridge or whatever your target would be. Heck, fly it into the landing bay... Kylo shot some regular rockets into the landing bay and took out all their ships/crew in there. imaging if a seismic charge had went off instead... and the shrapnel traveling at/near lightspeed on top of that.

They should have left the weaponized hyperspace alone is my opinion. I think the shot was awesome, but it also make issue with the lore.

I also mention seismic charges. We have bunker busters and other such tech. These people travel at light speed... we have barely made it out of our own planetary orbit. They also have resources we can not even imagine.

To suggest they could not put a seismic charge on something like a missile that is computer controlled and capable of hyperspace. I mean. I just don't see the problem here. Every "device" I am mentioning is in lore. I am just saying put them together into a weapon.

X wings are extremely small craft, and you ditch the cockpit and other weapon systems. It is not hard to think this way. We have weaponized drones.

Plus you can fire several of them at the same time to the same object. Remember Poe was "too small and too close" for them to hit. Ran around destroying their guns and stuff. This thing would only need to get close enough to take out the bridge or whatever your target would be. Heck, fly it into the landing bay... Kylo shot some regular rockets into the landing bay and took out all their ships/crew in there. imaging if a seismic charge had went off instead... and the shrapnel traveling at/near lightspeed on top of that.

They should have left the weaponized hyperspace alone is my opinion. I think the shot was awesome, but it also make issue with the lore.

Again you're speculating a lot. Hyperspace travel is not that straight forward especially hitting a moving target. And again, the damage a missile would do is the same whether it could fit a hyperdrive of not. As for it avoiding detection and destruction, a missile doesnt have the human intelligence and piloting skills behind it so it would presumably easily be shot down. It would probably never get close enough. I would assume that seismic charge loaded missile would be more effective if loaded on a ship with a pilot and fired from close range... That I could get behind. Hyperspace on missile? Can't really see that being as effective...

Edited by Valceanu

Again you're speculating a lot. Hyperspace travel is not that straight forward especially hitting a moving target. And again, the damage a missile would do is the same whether it could fit a hyperdrive of not. As for it avoiding detection and destruction, a missile doesnt have the human intelligence and piloting skills behind it so it would presumably easily be shot down. It would probably never get close enough. I would assume that seismic charge loaded missile would be more effective if loaded on a ship with a pilot and fired from close range... That I could get behind. Hyperspace on missile? Can't really see that being as effective...

and to add to this we have seen what Droid fighters are like in Star Wars they are eaisly taken out and offer little challange to the pilots. The only reason they got kills is because they swarmed the Clone armies.

So a single or even mulitple hyper space missles controlled by a droid would be taken out with ease.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=starwarsclonewars.htm

Star Wars the Clone Wars movie

Domestic: $35,161,554

+ Foreign: $33,121,290

Your argument is invalid. Thanks for playing troll but as much as you hate it the audiences love TLJ it's already the 2nd most successful Star Wars film of all time and will probably be the 10th most successful film of all time by the time it finishes its run in the theaters in another 2 months.

LOL that is the cartoon bro. lmao!

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=starwars2.htm

Total Lifetime Grosses

Domestic: $310,676,740 47.8%

+ Foreign: $338,721,588 52.2%

= Worldwide: $649,398,328

And that was back in mid 2002... so not counting for inflation.

LOL that is the cartoon bro. lmao!

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=starwars2.htm

Total Lifetime Grosses

Domestic: $310,676,740 47.8%

+ Foreign: $338,721,588 52.2%

= Worldwide: $649,398,328

And that was back in mid 2002... so not counting for inflation.

FACEPALM yeah... i'm talking about the Cartoon THATS THE ENTIRE POINT!. How bad are you at basic reading comprehension.

The point here is the OP said the Star Wars brand is why TLJ is doing so well and that the SW Brand can make any POS a success.

But as we see from the Animated Clone Wars movie the idea that the Star Wars brand can make anything success is completely untrue.

Yes Episode 2 was a hit.... not as big as TFA, Rogue One, or TLJ but yes a huge hit. Also... you don't want to bring inflation into this as it doesn't do what you think. There is a reason why studios don't care about adjusting for inflation.

Edited by jarjarloves

I mean, I am Santa Clause.

Are you just going to be a specialist in something else when we get on that subject/topic? Are you going to say you also have your MIS degree (I do), engineering degree, law degree? Missiles are a thing. Nukes go on missiles and travel into orbit and come back down at a very high rate of speed and pressure. They blow up before hitting the ground to keep from damaging the warhead on impact. I don't need to write a book on it to prove I know how they work, that's just silly. Also, I am not just talking about nukes. I ONLY mentioned nukes because that is what we have and is more relateable to us. I have said seismic charges multiple times. But I will assume you have a doctorate from seismic inc on those as well?

Maybe you can not except others having a different opinion than you therefore they must have something wrong with them huh?

You're idea of the Hyperdrive weapons or even mass drivers were never considered has already been thought of multiple times and used before. even in the game you are currently playing.

If it is not canon, it does not matter. I have said before, I like the shot, but the idea behind it was dumb. That is all.

As much as you claim to be doing that, your nose would be inverted.

What does the damage is the velocity + mass of the object, However, if you are just trying to take on the engines instead of the entire ship, then the "mission impossible" does not seem so impossible. And again, you could fire several at once. This also lowers the chances of them being able to shoot them all down. Besides them not really being accurate at small things anyways. I mean the empire really needs better tracking systems on their guns.

It was just an addition to possible features. as if it was locked on something and they went into hyperspace trying to avoid it.

All ships do not almost come to a stop, I don't know what you are talking about.

If they had an issue shooting poe becuase he was too small and too close, I fail to see a problem here. The missile would be smaller as it would need no cockpit/guns etc.

?? Poe again. Also, these missiles would fire at an object and then jump into lightspeed to take out precision targets.

...again, too small and too close.

Then it is not the same thing. I mean if it was not at velocity, it does not matter.

:/ it is all theorycrafting. Are you the kind of guys that knocks icecream out of little kids hands and then stands there pointing your finger at them laughing?

FACEPALM yeah... i'm talking about the Cartoon THATS THE ENTIRE POINT!. How bad are you at basic reading comprehension.

The point here is the OP said the Star Wars brand is why TLJ is doing so well and that the SW Brand can make any POS a success.

You know that is a strawman, bringing in a cartoon and comparing it to a live move in the franchise. Not even the same thing. All that does is show how far you will go in an attempt to prove your point.

You know that is a strawman, bringing in a cartoon and comparing it to a live move in the franchise. Not even the same thing. All that does is show how far you will go in an attempt to prove your point.

Your point doesn't stand though as you're trying to say ep.2 was bad and it only made money cause of SW when it's really not. It's not the best but it's not bad either... Got a few awards in it's day if memory serves.

Your point doesn't stand though as you're trying to say ep.2 was bad and it only made money cause of SW when it's really not. It's not the best but it's not bad either... Got a few awards in it's day if memory serves.

I did not make that claim, you are reading out of context.

my god you don't even know what a Straw Man is.

Yeah... animated movies are usually flops.... oh wait

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=animation.htm

so here is a list of 100 animated movies that did better then The Clone Wars cartoon.

The statement was the star wars brand can carry any movie doesn't matter if its live action or animated. But the Clone wars did bad even for an animated movie.

Are you telling me

The Rugrats Movie

Rise of the Guardians

|Over the Hedge

Gnomeo and Juliet TRIPPED the Clone Wars Box office.

are better then The Star Wars Brand?

For god's sake The Angry Birds Movie TRIPPLED The Clone Wars movie domesticially and more then quadrupled it world wide.

Go on tell me that the fact its animated is the reason it was a failure

Just for reference its ranked 172 on highest animated films.

edit: Oh the Emoji movie beat it bringing in 86 million domestically 216 world wide

Edited by jarjarloves

that's not what he is saying.

another poster said TLJ is only a hit because its Star Wars.

So I showed the Animated Clone Wars movie from 2008 was one of the biggest bombs of all time only make 35 million.

He thought I linked to the wrong movie and was talking about Episdoe 2 attack of the Clones.

Then when I corrected him he tried to say well it was just a cartoon which for some reason i guess means it can't be a hit.

Edited by jarjarloves