Spoilers and why I did not like TLJ

NuSeC

LOL are you saying that every person killed by a Jedi was strictly in self defense?

What about Windu? When Windu was going to kill Palatine and had him in a window, was that anger or was it justice?

Mace was completely in the wrong. He should of knocked Palpatine out and taken him in like he was supposed to. I have never condoned that Mace was right for his actions.

Some people believe it to be out of synch with Luke, I agree. You may not agree and that is your right :D

Windu was totally wrong for trying to kill Palpatine like that. Period the end.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no.. it's really not. I dug up your Pearl Harbor statement as well as your claim that women don't like feminism. Both of those you were wrong on and both of which YOU brought up.

Again, I will try to explain in a simple kind of way so maybe your comprehension level will be able to ingest it.

Pearl harbor was an anology, a bad one but none the less it was about hyperspace missiles. Also, as far as the feminsm thing. I will respond to that with glee in the following post.

The issue isn't missreading something its that YOU DON"T READ YOUR OWN SOURCES AS WELL AS OTHER PEOPLES RESPONSES.

I will show that you did not read my links on feminism nor understand the point.

Yes it was about Hyperspace missiles which of course would be useless as we firmly established.

No, no we did no such thing. If anything, it was very much the contrary.

yes I was an AP physics teacher who doesn't care about how you spell a word on the SWTOR forums. If you can show me where misspelling a word on a video game forum would disqualify you from teaching I would love to see it.

Whatever man, you misspelled it consistently in every post... I think 6 times or more in just 2 posts alone. It was no accident. Don't attempt to proclaim "because it is on a SW forum" as that is a huge cop-out. As a matter of fact, that is when I stopped taking you seriously after doing that and then saying you taught physics.

This thread is a testament of you constantly getting owned.

This thread is a list of reasons why some people, including myself did not like the movie, that is all. If you make more out of it than that, then that is your problem.

Windu was totally wrong for trying to kill Palpatine like that. Period the end.

Ah but the reasoning. - "he has control of the senate and the courts." ... "he is too dangerous to be left alive" So was it still wrong? We see what he ended up doing because Mace did not kill him so...

your own sources say you are wrong.

way to show your bias

Then you didn't read anything... way to show your bias.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/feminism-project/poll/ Jan. 27, 2016

"HOW MANY FEMINISTS ARE THERE? Polls have found that the number of Americans who identify as a feminist depends on how the question is asked. The Post-Kaiser survey’s question, first asked in a 1986 poll by Newsweek and Gallup, found 47 percent of Americans identifying as a “strong feminist” or “feminist,” while 44 percent identified as “not a feminist” or “anti-feminist.” Surveys asking yes-or-no about identifying as a feminist have found far fewer identifying with the movement, about 20 percent since the 1990s. The gap likely reflects the public’s conflicting feelings about the movement, with many seeing themselves somewhere in the middle. Fourteen percent in the Post-Kaiser survey called themselves “strong feminists,” while 4 percent identified as “anti-feminists.”

and

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/16/feminism-poll_n_3094917.html Updated Dec 06, 2017

"Only one-fifth of Americans identify as feminists, according to a new HuffPost/YouGov poll. But the vast majority fit the basic definition of the word.

According to the survey, just 20 percent of Americans — including 23 percent of women and 16 percent of men — consider themselves feminists. Another 8 percent consider themselves anti-feminists, while 63 percent said they are neither."

Now, women make up roughly 51 percent of the population yet only 20% identify as a feminist.

Also, lets remember, you started making accusations of me because I said something about SJWs. That is what brought this whole thing on.

Ah but the reasoning. - "he has control of the senate and the courts." ... "he is too dangerous to be left alive" So was it still wrong? We see what he ended up doing because Mace did not kill him so...

Granted Palpatine had the force but Mace had Palpatine on the floor beaten. He should of arrested him and that's the end of the story.

A Also, as far as the feminsm thing. I will respond to that with glee in the following post.

I will show that you did not read my links on feminism nor understand the point.

Your original post

Also... most women are not feminist anymore because it is not what it used to be and does not mean what it used to mean.

so by most you mean at least 51% are not feminists

Your sources

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/feminism-project/poll/

Do you consider yourself to be a strong feminist, a feminist, not a feminist or an anti-feminist?

According to that question 60% of women consider themselves feminists

So yes according to your own sources you are wrong.

Again, I will try to explain in a simple kind of way so maybe your comprehension level will be able to ingest it.

Pearl harbor was an anology, a bad one but none the less it was about hyperspace missiles.

Yes I remember you were trying to convince everyone that Kamikazes were effective I pointed out that no they weren't and you then brought up Pearl Harbor claiming that Kamikazes were responsible for all the ships destroyed.

However you didn't read your own source.... again thus missing the fact there was only 1 Kamikaze there who crashed his plain into an air field not a ship.

No, no we did no such thing. If anything, it was very much the contrary.

no we did as they wouldn't provide any more destructive force. The reason it did some much damage in TLJ was because it was a huge capital ship. You then suggested just strapping a nuke on it and I explained that's not how nuke's work and so on.

Also, lets remember, you started making accusations of me because I said something about SJWs. That is what brought this whole thing on.

... no i didn't. That wasn't me.... my god can you really not keep track of who said what? It's not that difficult.

Although this is painting a picture of you.

Let me guess you watch Saragon of Akkad don't you

And Luke Skywalker grew in those 30 years you didn't see him.

Also, Lucas had already planned for Luke to be a bitter hermit in his version of the Sequels he ended up not making. So I'd say TLJ Luke was very much in accordance to his vision.

Show me a source that says that about Lucas. Seriously.

Here is one I found.

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2016/01/george-lucas-initial-plan-for-luke-skywalker-in-the-sequel-trilogy.html

"Lucas intended to show Luke as the father figure, coming full circle from his redemptive role as the son of Anakin."

More on that were the Mark Hamill interviews that said he could not believe the script. and Jake Skywalker etc... Nothing of that points to Lucas even remotely going in the direction it went. Lucas and Hamill have both stated they have talked about the outcome of Luke many times and in great detail with each other. That was one of the reasons Mark was so taken back by how Johnson decided to use Luke.

https://www.inverse.com/article/39298-star-wars-last-jedi-george-lucas-mark-hamill-luke-skywalker

“What I wish is that [Disney] had been more accepting of his guidance and advice,” Hamill told Metro in an interview published over the weekend. “Because he had an outline for ‘7,’ ‘8,’ and ‘9.’ And it is vastly different to what they have done.”

It is obvious that this was not the direction they were going with it.

Granted Palpatine had the force but Mace had Palpatine on the floor beaten. He should of arrested him and that's the end of the story.

LOL. then what? He had control of the senate and the courts. I mean the same outcome of horrible destruction... up to making not 1 but 2 planet killers in the process.

Show me a source that says that about Lucas. Seriously.

Here is one I found.

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2016/01/george-lucas-initial-plan-for-luke-skywalker-in-the-sequel-trilogy.html

"Lucas intended to show Luke as the father figure, coming full circle from his redemptive role as the son of Anakin."

More on that were the Mark Hamill interviews that said he could not believe the script. and Jake Skywalker etc... Nothing of that points to Lucas even remotely going in the direction it went. Lucas and Hamill have both stated they have talked about the outcome of Luke many times and in great detail with each other. That was one of the reasons Mark was so taken back by how Johnson decided to use Luke.

https://www.inverse.com/article/39298-star-wars-last-jedi-george-lucas-mark-hamill-luke-skywalker

“What I wish is that [Disney] had been more accepting of his guidance and advice,” Hamill told Metro in an interview published over the weekend. “Because he had an outline for ‘7,’ ‘8,’ and ‘9.’ And it is vastly different to what they have done.”

It is obvious that this was not the direction they were going with it.

And yet:

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/star-wars/270073/how-george-lucas-influenced-star-wars-the-last-jedi

Specifically:

As revealed by The Art of Star Wars: The Last Jedi (via Slashfilm), Johnson's movie used many of the concepts Lucas first had in mind for Episode VII, specifically the story of an older, broken Luke training a young, Force-sensitive disciple named Kira (later renamed "Rey").

We would have seen Luke struggling with his failure to stop the Jedi Killer (renamed "Kylo Ren") from destroying his Jedi Academy.

"[Luke] always had this potential dark side within him, being that his father was Darth Vader," explained Lucasfilm executive creative director Doug Chiang of the character's arc in the early days of Episode VII. "So he is really struggling with that. He ended up secluding himself in this Jedi temple on a new planet, and he's just there meditating, reassessing his whole life. Gradually, over the arc of the movie, he rediscovers his vitality and comes back to himself."

Wasn't that hard to find. Typed "Luke Hermit George Lucas". Second result.

Edited by Leklor

1) The story is not about the Kenobi family.

2) He did get an eventual fight scene in the prequels, Luke got nothing.

3) it is not just the fact he was a hermit, it was why and for how long. The reasoning behind Kenobi doing it was to watch over Luke. Luke did it because his nephew is trying to be the new Darth Vader.

He didn't need a backstory at the time. there was no lore or preceding trilogy that had to be explained about some super powerful guy around the same time as the actual emperor.

I mean why does this need to be repeated? There was no lore or story prior to Palpatine... there is for Snoke. You don't just insert some super powerful guy into an existing story.

What was the title and topic of this thread? It is a personal review of why I and others did not like it and you want to call a review crying. Just whatever man. You have attacked me from the start. Go take some anger management classes or something.

It's cute how you ignore that we now have 30 years worth of empty content in which books and future movies can fill your desire for additional story details. Maybe you aren't old enough to realize how long the drought was between the OT and PT. People made stuff up and had all their great stories crushed to bits when GL dropped the PT on us.

We got over it. Sort of.

If you took that post as an attack, you need to get some thicker skin. Newsflash: not everyone agrees with you and some of us enjoy discussing it. If you don't, then feel free to not respond.

LOL. then what? He had control of the senate and the courts. I mean the same outcome of horrible destruction... up to making not 1 but 2 planet killers in the process.

So basically you'd just toss out the Jedi code when it's not convenient for you. And you....wow just wow. You know nothing Jon Snow. I'm speaking to someone who knows exactly ZERO about the Jedi code and what it's there for. I'm done talking to someone who's point of view is so ignorant and uninformed it's frightening.

So basically you'd just toss out the Jedi code when it's not convenient for you. And you....wow just wow. You know nothing Jon Snow. I'm speaking to someone who knows exactly ZERO about the Jedi code and what it's there for. I'm done talking to someone who's point of view is so ignorant and uninformed it's frightening.

He writes whatever is convenient for him or gets a rise out of people. He is not capable of carrying out a rational conversation. He just accuses people of attacking him when he has no leg to stand on.

Your original post

so by most you mean at least 51% are not feminists

I just posted the links again and quoted directly from them showing only about 23% of women call themselves a feminist. The article even says that many less people respond to a positive view if you just ask them flat out with a yes or no. What they did was ask about the definition of feminism, equal pay, fair labor laws, etc. But as I also said, the dictionary version is not the same as what is going on in reality aka 3rd wave feminism. You know... the ones running around complaining about "man-spreading" or "man-splaining" or make everything to look like a male is weak and dumb. I too believe in equal rights for women, however in this SJW/identity politics world view, I do not consider myself a feminist as that is not the way people are using the word. I mean, just look at the man-spreading feminist video from Buzzfeed.

Yes I remember you were trying to convince everyone that Kamikazes were effective I pointed out that no they weren't and you then brought up Pearl Harbor claiming that Kamikazes were responsible for all the ships destroyed.

However you didn't read your own source.... again thus missing the fact there was only 1 Kamikaze there who crashed his plain into an air field not a ship.

Trying to convince everyone? I never claimed to be in the Navy nor at Pearl Harbor. And when shown I was wrong, I dropped it and admitted it. Can you say the same? It was an analogy dude. That is all it was, let it go.

no we did as they wouldn't provide any more destructive force. The reason it did some much damage in TLJ was because it was a huge capital ship. You then suggested just strapping a nuke on it and I explained that's not how nuke's work and so on.

No we did not, as was stated, they do not need to be big ships nor do they need to do that kind of damage every-time as they could be small and many could be fired at once from inside another ship at hyperspace to hit another target. It is not complicated.

Or how about that time you were proven wrong again when trying to say "Clone Wars" failed at the BO? Making back 8 times its investment. 68 million on an 8.5 million dollar budget. HAHA!

Then you never responded with how successful TLJ would have been on an 8.5 million dollar budget compared to its 200 million.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_W...one_Wars_(film)

The Clone Wars served as an introduction to the television series of the same name, which debuted on October 3, 2008. Though critical reception was negative, the film was a box office success, and grossed $68.3 million worldwide against an $8.5 million budget.

As a matter of fact. all you wanted to cry about is how I said it didn't have a *trailer.* It did, but as Lucas said himself The movie was almost an afterthought. Still made back 8 times its investment.

You called that a failure. You even said it was a failure compared to any animated movie. Then I pointed out that NO animated movie grossed more without spending more and no animated movie had that kind of return on investment. So there you go.

In other words it did have a trailer, but it was also successful at the BO and returned the investment with a healthy profit. Negating your claim that it was a failure.

You sound like that woman who interviewed Jordan Peterson the other day "so you're saying" "so basically ."

I said what I am saying. There is no reason to read more into it. I simply gave an example of what actually happened. I did not say anything about the Jedi code. I stated what did happen. Everything else is semantics.

Edited by NuSeC

He writes whatever is convenient for him or gets a rise out of people. He is not capable of carrying out a rational conversation. He just accuses people of attacking him when he has no leg to stand on.

Says the troll that throws accusations around at people and makes up things about individuals.

Should we go back and see who attacked who first... again? Oh that is right, it was you.

again your own links from Wapo shows that over 60% of women consider themselves feminists.

I'm gonna try to explain expectations for you real quick.

The Clone Wars was a failure in the box office. Yes it made back its budget but its a failure

How do we know?

It was in more theaters then all but 1 other Star Wars film. That means they expected a lot of sold out theaters

They had a HUGE marketing push that included McDonalds the worlds largest fast food chain, an F1 Racer, Multiple TV and Trailers, as well as a whole Toy line dedicated to the movie.

Now gonna explain how something is consdiedred a failure its all about expectations of the company and properity.

For example Star Wars Battlefront 2 had an estimated budget of 90 million. As of today it sold 9 Million copies at $39.99 (average price of the 3 editions) it made approximately 359,910,000 million. that is over 300% in sales yet its considered a Failure for EA.

Why? Because they expected it to do much more. Now their stock will go down because of it and people will get fired.

The Clone Wars was expected to do much better it was expected to do in the $100 million dollar range based on the promotions and theaters. It didn't and WB stock fell because of it.

Do you understand that it was a failure now?

And yet:

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/star-wars/270073/how-george-lucas-influenced-star-wars-the-last-jedi

Specifically:

Wasn't that hard to find. Typed "Luke Hermit George Lucas". Second result.

So there are conflicting articles.

Because...

"What I wish is that they had been more accepting of his guidance and advice. Because he had an outline for 7, 8, and 9. And it is vastly different to what they have done. " -Mark Hamill

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/1739400/mark-hamill-wishes-george-lucas-had-been-more-involved-with-the-new-star-wars-movies

Also,

As Mark Hamill said, the fate of the original characters is currently quite different from anything Lucas originally had crafted for the likes of Luke, Han, and Leia.

again your own links from Wapo shows that over 60% of women consider themselves feminists.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/feminism-project/poll/

Wapo says: HOW MANY FEMINISTS ARE THERE? Polls have found that the number of Americans who identify as a feminist depends on how the question is asked. The Post-Kaiser survey’s question, first asked in a 1986 poll by Newsweek and Gallup, found 47 percent of Americans identifying as a “strong feminist” or “feminist,” while 44 percent identified as “not a feminist” or “anti-feminist.” Surveys asking yes-or-no about identifying as a feminist have found far fewer identifying with the movement, about 20 percent since the 1990s. The gap likely reflects the public’s conflicting feelings about the movement, with many seeing themselves somewhere in the middle. Fourteen percent in the Post-Kaiser survey called themselves “strong feminists,” while 4 percent identified as “anti-feminists.”

In short, the question when asked "are you a feminist" only 20% said yes. What they did instead of asking that question is ask a series of questions defined by feminists. Like "should women be able to take on any role or job." instead of asking if they were a feminists or not directly.

Also, to back up that statement I quoted HuffPost

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/16/feminism-poll_n_3094917.html

Only one-fifth of Americans identify as feminists, according to a new HuffPost/YouGov poll. But the vast majority fit the basic definition of the word.

According to the survey, just 20 percent of Americans — including 23 percent of women and 16 percent of men — consider themselves feminists. Another 8 percent consider themselves anti-feminists, while 63 percent said they are neither.

I'm gonna try to explain expectations for you real quick.

The Clone Wars was a failure in the box office. Yes it made back its budget but its a failure

How do we know?

It was in more theaters then all but 1 other Star Wars film. That means they expected a lot of sold out theaters

They had a HUGE marketing push that included McDonalds the worlds largest fast food chain, an F1 Racer, Multiple TV and Trailers, as well as a whole Toy line dedicated to the movie.

Now gonna explain how something is consdiedred a failure its all about expectations of the company and properity.

An afterthought that made 8 times its investment is not a failure man. I don't care how you spin it. Failure would have been to have LOST money, and with ease, we know that did not happen. No matter how bad you want it to be.

For example Star Wars Battlefront 2 had an estimated budget of 90 million. As of today it sold 9 Million copies at $39.99 (average price of the 3 editions) it made approximately 359,910,000 million. that is over 300% in sales yet its considered a Failure for EA.

Why? Because they expected it to do much more. Now their stock will go down because of it and people will get fired.

This has to do with loot crates and EA's reputation for being greedy. They wanted to take more money from the players after the sale by locking things behind walls of microtransactions. Their reputation was hurt because of public outcry of their greed and their stock prices fell because of them having to remove an aspect of the game and make less money then intended... by not being able to hose gamers.

This is EA's greed and nothing more.

The Clone Wars was expected to do much better it was expected to do in the $100 million dollar range based on the promotions and theaters. It didn't and WB stock fell because of it.

Do you understand that it was a failure now?

Where do you see it was expected to do 100 million?

You do realize investing 8 million on something and getting 68 million back in the same year is not a bad thing right? Not to mention it launches a TV series that spanned several seasons.

You sound like that woman who interviewed Jordan Peterson the other day "so you're saying" "so basically ."

I said what I am saying. There is no reason to read more into it. I simply gave an example of what actually happened. I did not say anything about the Jedi code. I stated what did happen. Everything else is semantics.

And you say other people are trolling. And you're trying to justify MURDER. I can't believe I have to explain why this is wrong.

Actually I'm not. It's wrong and you're wrong. End of story.

you don't even read your own sources look at the poll 60% of women in the Wapo say they are femeinsts.

How blind can you be?

Yes 68 million is a failure because they expected much more. Why do you think it was in more theaters then all but 1 other Star Wars movie?

Do you think they said "Hey guys we just need to make more then the 8 million dollar budget so let's go crazy and do a heavy marketing campaign and open in as many theaters as possible! Then let's make sure opening day we lose to Tropic Thunder and The Dark Knight a movie that's been theaters for over a month! That's good thinking right there!"

To put that into perspective The Clone Wars opened in MORE theaters then the number 1 movie that weekend Tropic Thunder which ended up doing DOUBLE The Clone Wars on opening day"

So please explain how they didn't expect it to be a huge hit if they opened it in more theaters then Tropic Thunder and still lost.

For gods sake even against children's animated movies that year it did horribly.

The Budget doesn't dictate the box office expectations. As I showed you before studios like BLumhouse have lower budgets but still do way better then The Clone Wars.

So please explain how they didn't expect it to be a huge hit if they opened it in more theaters then Tropic Thunder and still lost.

And you say other people are trolling. And you're trying to justify MURDER. I can't believe I have to explain why this is wrong.

Actually I'm not. It's wrong and you're wrong. End of story.

I am trying to justify murder? LOL dude!

I was saying in those situations, where you know someone is going to commit mass murder/a horrible crime and you are in a position to stop them but choose not to, those deaths are also on your hands... that is how it works.

So there are conflicting articles.

Because...

"What I wish is that they had been more accepting of his guidance and advice. Because he had an outline for 7, 8, and 9. And it is vastly different to what they have done. " -Mark Hamill

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/1739400/mark-hamill-wishes-george-lucas-had-been-more-involved-with-the-new-star-wars-movies

Also,

As Mark Hamill said, the fate of the original characters is currently quite different from anything Lucas originally had crafted for the likes of Luke, Han, and Leia.

So Hammil gets a pass on everything but actual concept art pre-Disney buyout showing Luke as a bald, Zen Monk living like a recluse don't count? Gotcha.

Also, let's maintain the narrative that TLJ somehow "betrayed" Lucas vision when he himself praised it and defended Johnson against haters.

You really only read what fits your argument.

I am trying to justify murder? LOL dude!

I was saying in those situations, where you know someone is going to commit mass murder/a horrible crime and you are in a position to stop them but choose not to, those deaths are also on your hands... that is how it works.

no that's justifying murder he was already in a position to stop him by taking him in. It's Mace Windu who thinks he controls everything and will get away with it because like you HE IS TRYING TO JUSTIFY MURDER.

He was going to betray everything he and the jedi order stood for. Anakin was right in that situation

you don't even read your own sources look at the poll 60% of women in the Wapo say they are femeinsts.

Quoted them three times and you keep coming back.

Only 23 percent of women identify as a feminist if asked. But seeing that you are not reading anything... I get why you are having a problem understanding it. Heck, I even highlighted it for you.

"According to the survey, just 20 percent of Americans — including 23 percent of women and 16 percent of men — consider themselves feminists. Another 8 percent consider themselves anti-feminists, while 63 percent said they are neither."

Do you see that? 23% ^^^ read it again if you need to. Again, 23%.

How blind can you be?

You are doing pretty bad right now.

Yes 68 million is a failure because they expected much more. Why do you think it was in more theaters then all but 1 other Star Wars movie?

I dont care why it was in more theators? Maybe because it is a cartoon for kids? Cartoons are usually in more movie theaters right?

Do you think they said "Hey guys we just need to make more then the 8 million dollar budget so let's go crazy and do a heavy marketing campaign and open in as many theaters as possible! Then let's make sure opening day we lose to Tropic Thunder and The Dark Knight a movie that's been theaters for over a month! That's good thinking right there!"

No matter how many times I have pointed out Lucas saying it was almost an afterthought you still don't get it. I am sure that is what the creators of batman and tropic thunder thought too. :/

As far as making money, again, it made back 8 times its investment, on an afterthought. Also, where did the 100,000,000 million dollar figure come from that you threw out?

To put that into perspective The Clone Wars opened in MORE theaters then the number 1 movie that weekend Tropic Thunder which ended up doing DOUBLE The Clone Wars on opening day"

LOL are either of those movies on an 8 million dollar budget? Did they make back 8 times their investment? Lets look...Tropic Thunder's Budget: $92,000,000 Cumulative Worldwide Gross: $188,072,649 and The Dark Knight Budget:$185,000,000 Cumulative Worldwide Gross: $1,004,558,444

For gods sake even against children's animated movies that year it did horribly.

What ones and what was the production budget vs profit and was it an "afterthought." Apples to apples.

The Budget doesn't dictate the box office expectations. As I showed you before studios like BLumhouse have lower budgets but still do way better then The Clone Wars.

OK fine, if you want to bring this up again then please answer the question of how TLJ would have went with an 8 million dollar budget. If not, then you need to stop trying to use that analogy because it does not work here. And you know why. It is the same reason that TDK was nearly 200 million to make as well. Production value does help sell movies. I wonder what an 8 million dollar production of TLJ would have looked like... :/