Maintenance: October 10th, 2017

EricMusco

Daily cxp is way too high, not sure why the change didn't go out or why it was only 75 to begin with (well 20). I wouldn't expect it to be anywhere near as high as it is now, when they do make the change. Dailies are too easy and too fast. With that being said it will be missed and 75cxp is insulting.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daily cxp is way too high, not sure why the change didn't go out or why it was only 75 to begin with (well 20). I wouldn't expect it to be anywhere near as high as it is now, when they do make the change. Dailies are too easy and too fast. With that being said it will be missed and 75cxp is insulting.

Daily CXP was just right. It was too low everywhere else.

I must be missing something here... how the hell localization is even a problem? Do people at Bioware Austin have their own secret language, completely unlike English? Just post the english version here, i am sure there will be people who will gladly thranslate it for our French and German friends.

This problem sounds made-up.

Edited by Gelious

I have no words to the fact old daily rewards coming back to the game.. especially with the DOUBLE XP week, which makes absolutly no sense. We did dailys now for over a months with good rewarding.. now we get the old grap amount of cxp reward back along with a DOUBLE CXP week which gives us almost 75% less CXP than before (even with double xp . Why the hell u should do that ? Are u hating us or something ? is this really what u are doing tomorrow ? If so then sorry but f... u guys... Edited by instinqt

I must be missing something here... how the hell localization is even a problem? Do people at Bioware Austin have their own secret language, completely unlike English? Just post the english version here, i am sure there will be people who will gladly thranslate it for our French and German friends.

This problem sounds made-up.

Maybe there's something in the patch notes we shouldn't be made aware of! It isn't the first time this has happened.

Or maybe it's just the way it is and they don't want to post just the English version. There isn't much point in complaining, they aren't going to release it until they are ready to do so.:)

Daily CXP was just right. It was too low everywhere else.

Unfortunately this is how BW rolls. Instead of boosting under performing areas, they nerf everything else to its knees. I'd love to know why BW thinks it's a good idea to disincentivize game play. Unless the CXP event is permanent, it's NOT a suitable replacement.

You all read Keith say it himself that the increased activity was a very good thing, this happened because of the high CXP. Bioware needs to stimulate this, not nerf it. Bioware respond PLEASE! Don't stay silent until tomorrow. This is a time you need to be active on the forums and adress this issue. Going back to 75 CXP is a NO GO.

Either get the new rates up tomorrow or don't change them!

Hello Bioware! We need a response here! A response that fixes it, not make it worse.

75 CXP is ABSOLUTELY A NO GO! An absolute insult, a slap in the face.

Yes indeed a slap in the face a BIG punch that is..

It’s Raining CXP, Daily | 08.31.2017, 12:13 AM

Hey all,

When I found out about the substantially increased CXP in the daily areas I had to go check if it was real. So, I tested it on my main characters, and validated it across a variety of other characters, and sure enough, it was true. I even used the CXP Perk, and the CXP 100% boost, just to see how much I could get on each quest.

Then, realizing we needed to stay indoors for the weekend, I decided to see how many Command Ranks I could gain on just one toon, by doing all the Daily Areas each day, along with daily FPs, and other normal activities. I managed to gain 200 levels and to echo a lot of your comments here, it was fun to see so many others on Yavin, in Black Hole, over on Iokath and Section X. I also did Oricon and had forgotten how fun those quests were to do, too.

There's a legitimate reason to lower the CXP values as they are out of whack with the rest of the game,but there's an even more compelling reason to not lower it all the way back to 75 and to review the values across the board. I like a lot of your suggestions about rotating it, finding a good compromised amount, giving you a reason to visit these areas, and substantially reducing the time it takes to level up your alts (catch-up mechanic).

So, thanks for all the ideas. We'll decide what to do next week, but in the meantime, take advantage of this massive CXP change. I'm confident that'll help guide us in our discussions and decision about what to do next.

---Keith

Why u doing so then ? :/

It’s Raining CXP, Daily | 08.30.2017, 08:58 PM

Hey folks,

When we released Game Update 5.4 last week, we also introduced a bug which many of you have already noticed. The Daily Missions for Czerka, Oricon, Black Hole, Yavin 4, Ziost, Section X, and Iokath are rewarding substantially more CXP than intended. Instead of giving 75 CXP per Mission, they are currently awarding 1125. That’s a lot of CXP! Proooobably a little more than we would like you to get. For that reason it was our intent that we would address this bug in tomorrow’s patch. Well, the gods of Iokath were the only ones strong enough to overcome it. After tomorrow’s patch, only Iokath’s Dailies will be back to the appropriate CXP values. The other 6 Daily Areas will still be bugged, which means they will continue giving you crazy CXP (during double CXP!) until we fix them next week.

Until they are fixed next week, enjoy them. We tried to fix the bug, the bug didn’t want to be fixed (pretty sure Keith sabotaged it, he loves all that CXP). So enjoy the extra CXP for a few more days

-eric

We all loved it, why go back all the way to 75? :/

Edited by instinqt

no doubt there is something in the patch notes that they just dont want to share until after the patch. Could be a host of things, but i am leaning more towards, and i am not saying this can happen or has been happening, the event that gives you two 0 credit candy boxes that are filled with delectable delights of digital goodness. I cannot confirm nor can i deny that one of my toons has added additional pixels due to these boxes and can no longer fit through any door in Voidstar; nor can he hold the huttball with two digital paws. I could be wrong, though.

Correct, the daily areas are returning to their original values (75CXP) and we added a new CXP bonus perk. There is also a double event that will start tomorrow and run for one week.

-eric

Why i do i feel that term BIOFAIL just got new in-depth meaning:(

E(A)mpire Strikes Back..

Edited by Nebdar

Correct, the daily areas are returning to their original values (75CXP) and we added a new CXP bonus perk. There is also a double event that will start tomorrow and run for one week.

-eric

It is amazing how so completely, utterly tone deaf you people are.

The one thing you guys have actually done in the past six months -- albeit a BUG not a feature -- that was universally popular with your subscribing player base, and you're killing it.

It's no wonder your game is dying.

You realize that 75CXP is absurdly low right?

These are the guys that made gold mobs worth 1 cxp shortly after 5.0's launch.

On top of that they are the ones that used to award 20 cxp for completing a quest, so I think that they believe that they are being generous by giving us a whole 75 cxp now.

While there is likely nothing in the 'Update' to get excited about as it seems to be mostly about nerfs and some changes to GSF which mostly no one will care about and do nothing to improve the experience and likely nerfs to bomber and fighters.

Where this is really poor, I see posts by people that say things like 'The Devs really care about the game and want to make it a success,' they inevitable then go to blame EA for not supporting them. Where does this view come from? If you really care about something do you do or do you delay doing it to the last minute and then miss the deadline.

Has there been anything in the last 8 months that looks like someone cared about it and went above and beyond. Patch 5.2 where Quinn and Elara are carbon copies (despite a love quinn thread that showed people hoped for so much more), 5.3 one Op boss. Not an Operation but one boss and I think a 4 room bugged stronghold. Then 5.4 some nerfs and a bugged flashpoint that really didn't do much for the story.

It hardly seems like the game is a labour of love, so delays and appology posts become the norm, even the patch notes are too much like hard work and will be done when their done. Hell most employees with that work ethic find they are out of a job pretty quick. While we on the forums say 'You can see how passionate they are about the game.'

Edited by Costello

I can't be bothered to go into the actual verbose description of the Daily cxp value news, so here's a synopsis.

Not unexpected stupidity evoking scatological profanity. Actual surprise at being surprised by par for the course tone deafness.

I dare you to make less sense.

Edited by docbenwayddo

Even with the perk at 100 (and thats IF and ONLY IF you have 4 toons at 300). That does what?

Turn 75 CXP into 150? Combine that with the other boosts and the double CXP event and you might get what? 500 total if that.

The double event alone isn't enough to matter with a base rate of 75 nor is the new achievement perk and boosts. It like was posted weeks ago. They bioware does nothing but double or triple the base rate of 75, then they might as well do nothing. Now, if that base rate is 600 or so then we are talking something wirth doing along with the other boosts.

Incentive for dailies is no down to nothing given bioware didn't actually revisit the amounts yet or implement new amounts. All they did was fixed the boost to CXP rates back to the abysmally low number of 75 and well that pretty much sucks.

I perfectly know this, at this point I'm just waiting to see if they'll forget about this for 5.6 or if we will actually see an improvement. My sub expires just after server merges, if they don't make things great by then I don't see a reason to sub again. ^^

i'm more than used to delay from their part from now... Delay to utility changes, delay to S8 end, they are delaying everything that can make peoples happy, still everything that angry their customer base is released on time. I find the Dev Tracker way funnier than the actual game for now. But that's just me, I'm the type of person that laugh to everything instead than being the guy who cry for nothing. :rak_03:

Has there been anything in the last 8 months that looks like someone cared about it and went above and beyond. Patch 5.2 where Quinn and Elara are carbon copies (despite a love quinn thread that showed people hoped for so much more), 5.3 one Op boss. Not an Operation but one boss and I think a 4 room bugged stronghold. Then 5.4 some nerfs and a bugged flashpoint that really didn't do much for the story.

The idea that, after two large batches of story for KOTFE and KOTET, that the only actual PVE content the general SUBSCRIBING PUBLIC has received from this game in the past six months is one single flashpoint, is ridiculous. I don't know why the defenders choose to defend over something like this, because it's wrong.

I keep asking myself, what in the world do people subscribe FOR? Why is all of our subscription money going into paying the salaries of developers who aren't performing? Any other game without the words STAR WARS on it would be dead by now. Cartel market money and subscription money... where's it going? One flashpoint? One -- ONE -- operation boss?

What do these developers actually DO with their work days? If my team put out this kind of nonsense at my job, we'd all be looking for new jobs.

I subscribed for a short time when the last "story" item came out, with the Umbara flashpoint. 30 minutes and I was done with it.

The only thing that got me reasonably excited about logging into this game again was the CXP "bug". And now that goes away too. Like I said above, the only thing popular with everybody, and it's gone tomorrow. Poof.

My sub is over in a week. They won't get another dime out of me until they actually prove subscription money is going into new content and features for this game. I won't be fooled again.

Edited by damonskye

Back with the old tin foil hat.

Remember, do not fear what is the notes, fear what is 'accidently' left out when they are posted. Those are some of the ones that have hammered us the hardest, and tend to be ignored until the pitchforks are being sharpened.

Tin foil hat off. Enjoy the last of the great CXP.

The first part is actually a huge disappointment.

I will check how it plays out, maybe with the double CXP on all activities (so also on kills and similar) it actually might turn out not to be as bad as it seems right now.

With this daily CXP reward change, you are just confirming my opinion on dailies......they are a waste of time...the dailies are so boring and tedious, especially on that stupid robot planet with all those stupid quests that put you in control of a dumb droid that has less survivability than your character does, its just stupid.

Whoever thought of these quests should be fired or sent to rehab, since he was clearly on something when he thought it up.